Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Whoa Shree, The video is just fabulous n flawless!!
You've rocked it!
The lines n scenes have been chosen perfectly!
I loved the music!
It's beautiful!!
Fantastic job girl!!

Love,
You know ! :P
shinyshajil thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Wow .. Fabulous.. Beautiful... Mindboggling... All these words would turn out to be an understatement to the shear outstanding fiction you both have come up with! Its so classy and griping!! It feels as if your watching another part of Reporters!! Each character portrayed beautifully!! Well written!!! Hats off yar!! Love it and will love it till the end!!! And the trailer was sooo nice and soothing !!! I am writing this comment with a big smile plastered on my face and that's becz I read all the 3 parts in a go and saw the mind-blowing trailer too!! God bless!! And do PM me.. Upon updating..
Edited by shinyshajil - 9 years ago
.KupKakes thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

EPISODE 4

Perhaps lady luck was on Ananya's side, for she stood outside Zara's main door barely minutes after the unexpected guest.

She knocked on the door and waited. A teary eyed Zara opened the door and shook her head apologetically. "I am so sorry, Ananya, but can you please come a little..." she began.

"No," Ananya firmly refused Zara's request. She saw Zara all nervous and jittery, and took her hand into her own, reassuringly. "We have come a long way from this morning, Zara, and now is the only time we can actually do something to sort out this mess. His future is now in your hands. You have the key in your hands - it is only you who can decide whether or not to turn it. Please, Zara. And over and above Ri's future, there is an even more pressing issue here. Women need to realize that they can't always play the weaker sex and sympathy card, and get their own back on people! That Shit-all should not be able to get away with this!"

Zara half-smiled, impressed by Ananya's strong views and sense of purpose and amused by her play on Sheetal's name. But the watery smile faded away as fast as it had appeared. "Come in..." Zara said, hesitatingly, after a pause.

As soon as Ananya walked in, she stiffened as she sensed another presence in the room. Suddenly it all added up - her intuition, Zara's hesitance.

Was Zara fine?

"Zara are you fine?" she asked.

Zara gave her another weak smile and nodded, "Can I get some tea for you...? I'll make myself some too." Ananya would have preferred to talk to Zara right away, but instinct told her to let Zara go. She nodded.

As soon as Zara went into the kitchen, Ananya followed her on tiptoe, to be shocked beyond measure by the sight that greeted her there.

Zara was holding her head and trying to control her tears, while Hridhwaan had wound his arm around her waist and was pulling her closer in an intimate embrace.

But Ananya knew better than to jump to conclusions. She peered at them closely and was surprised at the comfort level of the couple.

"Aap!" Zara looked at Hridhwaan in disbelief as he marched into her house and shut the door. "How could you come here knowing the media is hounding you! Aapko zara sa bhi ilm hai ki agar kisiko khabar lag gayi to kya hoga... Sheetal ke baad Zara... a series of secretary flings!"

"I DID NOT DO ANYTHING WITH SHEETAL!" Hridhwaan shouted. "And why are you avoiding me like this? It's been a week! You want to know about Sheetal? Fine! I admit I was attracted to her and we did get involved but trust me Zara we didn't sleep together! And you know better than me that that kid can't be mine. I don't need you to doubt me now." Hridhwaan sank onto her sofa, with a helpless and defeated look on his face. He pulled Zara closer.

"I didn't know you both had an affair, Hridhwaan..." Zara sighed. "I am just a shadow in your life, right? Do you regret me, regret us? I know the child isn't yours, but..."

"Trust me Zara... I k..." Hridhwaan froze as he heard the doorbell ring.

Ananya cleared her throat and spoke before either of them got a chance. "Ananya Kashyap... Don't try to deny anything. I know you two are in a relationship,"she said.

Zara and Hridhwaan paled and moved away, clutching the edge of the kitchen counter nervously.

"How?" Hridhwaan asked, while Ananya shrugged her shoulders. "Now..."

"How do you know it's not any one of my 'flings' and..." Hridhwaan growled and threw an accusatory glance at Zara.

"Stop.. there is no way it is a fling and I don't think even you like it. Your face betrays that you are clearly repulsed by the idea and your words are laced with sarcasm. According to me, you are innocent. And just the way you were holding Zara just now says everything..." Ananya said, while Hridhwaan just squinted his eyes.

Ananya was quietly impressed as Hridhwaan didn't attempt to lie nor did he appear embarrassed. Zara looked thoroughly exhausted and mortified.

As they awkwardly sat in the living, three definitely being a crowd, Hridhwaan spoke up. "What are you? Sigman Freud? Why are you helping us?"

Ananya sighed "Sir, it's not just me. Even some other colleagues of mine in the media have faith in you. But since you have chosen to keep mum on the issue, there is not much any of us can do. I believe and know that you have been dragged into this controversy for no fault of yours."

"Why the sudden display of humane emotions, Miss Kashyap? I don't remember your KKN being any saintly channel!" Hridhwaan said, still refusing to believe her genuine intentions.

Before Ananya could reply, Zara snapped "Hridhwaan, she's trying to help! Stop behaving like an arrogant and conceited fool! We need her... and badly!"

"It makes no difference... now," Hridhwaan stated, the air of defeat reappearing on his countenance. "No matter what I do, my reputation will always be that of a characterless womanizer!"

Zara threw the magazines aside and started pacing the room, restlessly, while Ananya shook her head, and said earnestly, "No, Hridhwaan! Nothing has been given to you on a silver platter. It has taken you years of honest toil to become who you are. Would it not be injustice to your efforts if you were to call it quits now, and that too all because of that cheap woman? Keeping mum will only reinforce the public opinion that you are guilty. Being on the right is not enough in today's world. You need to assert yourself. Trust me. I have not come here to request an interview for our channel or anything. All I ask of you is that you break your silence. Cancelling that interview with Kabir Sir, has not helped you one bit, trust me! The only person who can prove you innocent is you! Come out and put your side of the story before the people, and trust me, all this will be cleared! You have my back on this."

Hridhwaan looked on silently, as Ananya tore a paper from a notepad on the table and scribbled something it. She handed it over to him. "Here's my promise in written not to play dirty - in short. If I violate any of these then you can take action against me. I hope you will trust me at least now!" she said, with an earnest glow on her face, that even Hridhwaan was forced to believe.

"Why are you helping me?" Hridhwaan said at last. He couldn't comprehend the reason behind Ananya's honest efforts, and something in her eyes made him want to believe her and her intentions.

"I trust my instinct, Hridhwaan. And something inside tells me you are innocent. I believe you!" Ananya said, with emotion in her tone.

"Are you sure that he will get help?" Zara asked, clearly concerned.

Ananya smiled and said, "Let's see who comes in his way, now. Unless he has actually done the act or fathered the child, there is no way he won't emerge the winner from this mess!"

"That's impossible!" Zara said, firmly.

"Ananya, I think I will join you," Hridhwaan said softly, finally seeing a ray of hope, and being motivated by this young and honest journalist's words.

"Sure!" she said. Ananya seemed distracted as she glanced alternatingly between Hridhwaan and Zara. Suddenly it all seemed to fall into place. Zara's concern and attachment, his affection... all made more sense. "And Zara, don't worry," she continued. "It's almost seven thirty - if you want a telecast right now, we can get it done! Your husband will definitely get help."

Hridhwaan, being the impeccable actor he is, followed Ananya without revealing how astonished he was, leaving Zara reeling under the shock.

How did she know?

Ananya smiled to herself. Another instance of how her instincts were always right.

~*~

A day later

"Your name should've been Rollerblades! Had someone told me just an hour ago that I would manage to clear my name from this controversy, get Sheetal arrested, and reveal a very personal secret too, I would have thought they were off their rocker!" Hridhwaan laughed half-heartedly and sighed. "Thank you, Ananya... I can't thank you enough for all you've done! But I still don't understand why you did so much for me. I am just a superstar."

He shrugged his shoulders and gave her a puzzled look. Ananya just smiled. "I told you, right...Sometimes involving yourself in other people's problems, and solving them like your own, helps you get a sense of purpose in life and reduces your own guilt."

"I understand..." Hridhwaan smiled. "Thank you again, Ananya... You're almost like family for us, now! But how did you figure out that we're..." Hridhwaan stopped abruptly and rolled his eyes. With a smile, he continued, "Standing in a news channel's office, I shouldn't even utter the M word! Who knows when the news-hungry journalist in you might suddenly spring up?"

"Kuch bhi! It's just that both of you had a rather pronounced ring mark on your ring fingers. And she does act like your... you know who. So I just made a wild guess." Ananya shrugged her shoulders while Hridhwaan laughed.

"You are crazy, but thank you," he said, after a pause.

"I think you've thanked me enough! We've both just done our job. I don't think we need to feel indebted to each other! So relax, Hridhwaan!" Ananya said, with a smile.

Hridhwaan suddenly looked pensive. "I don't know if my fans will continue to love me, now that I have revealed this fact about myself. It does concern me..." he said, pulling out his car keys and heading towards where his car was parked in the private parking lot of the building.

"Hridhwaan, the only people you should be concerned about in this matter should be Zara and your parents. No one else matters. And see, fans are like the sky. Baadal aane se kya aakash chup jaata hai? Nahi na... I know this might prove to be a tough time for you, but trust me, it'll all be alright again! And anything's better than being a rapist!" Ananya sighed. "My main advice to you would be to focus on the people who actually matter to you and will always support you no matter what the circumstances are. That's it." Ananya smiled. Hridhwaan, touched by the wonderful blend of innocence and maturity in her, gave her a hug.

"Thank you, Rollerblades!" he said, giving her another lopsided grin, while Ananya pretended to faint. "Did Ri just smile at me?! Oh my god!"

"You should be in the movies!" he said, with a laugh. "But on a serious note, Ananya... never let anything, I mean anything, corrupt your sense of justice. All the best, girl!"

Ananya found herself smiling as Hridhwaan drove away. The burden of guilt on her shoulders felt lighter.

~*~

Another person in the same office wasn't feeling even remotely as happy as this particular junior reporter. Yes, he was proud and happy on having recently conducted one of the best interviews of his career, and yet he had this strange grudge against the actor, the cause for one of KKN's highest TRPs so far.

But Kabir was unable to enjoy his success, wholeheartedly. He knew he had only her to thank for this entire case, yet he had behaved so abominably with her. He had insulted her, belittled her and her views, and alienated any hope of a reconciliation by not even thanking her after the interview. He had wanted to deep inside, but then, he thought, by thanking her would he not be contradicting his self-made image of an arrogant, ruthless boss, who cared nothing for any person? He had to keep up his appearance.

Rational yet flirty, hot tempered yet collected.

That's what defined Kabir Sharma.

His eyes had narrowed to slits watching them laugh and hug each other a week ago, after the interview.

The smile had vanished from her face when she realized he had been watching her intently for a long while. Of course she had sensed that long before she had turned back and given him a cold, inexpressive gaze... what else would explain her sudden shiver in the blazing heat out there?

But why was he looking at her like that, he had asked himself many a times. Kabir was surprised at himself.

He didn't like it. Period.

What did he not like?

He was at a loss...once again!

It was astonishing how many times the calm, collected, man with a purpose, Kabir Sharma was finding himself confused and at a loss since he had met this girl!

Ananya had this strange charm about her. She wasn't like other journalists, who maintained a certain distance from all people, and tried to keep their emotions a secret. But boy, she did know her job!

She never had glass facades around her. She was always so genuine and true to her feelings. She followed her heart but didn't let it lead her astray. She connected with everyone as Ananya - a simple girl who wanted to spread smiles and happiness all around her. And boy, did she know how!

Years of experience had taught him to size people up as soon as he met them and group them into categories subconsciously. And invariably, his judgement proved to be perfect.

But for the first time in all these years, he had come across a girl who had broken every stereotype. This girl was different!

She wasn't the sultry siren he had expected her to be.

She certainly wasn't the child everyone thought her to be.

Kabir resisted a smile as he recalled overhearing Ronnie calling her a fangirl of Kabir Sharma.

He had never thought seriously about Ananya Kashyap. She had caught his attention right from their first meeting, but he had dismissed her from his consciousness in his usual style. But it was becoming increasingly difficult for him to do that. She was so different in everything she thought and did that he could not help thinking about her.

He hadn't even thought that she would take his casual behavior so seriously. He behaved the same way with all his juniors but they did not react like her!

He was not vain enough to not see through himself and the shallowness of his pursuits and achievements in the material world.

But he was proud enough to like value what he was today.

Her disapproval at his sharp reprimands, attitude and ethics almost made him recall his earlier self. He admired her for clear sense of right and wrong, patience, perseverance, and strong opposition to all wrongs inflicted on her or other people. She never suffered anything in silence. She raised her voice, no matter what the consequences would be. She wasn't intimidated by anybody. Her confidence would take her heights.

He wondered how she and her Ri' could become the best of friends in a day. Did honesty and genuine emotions really have more power than bucks passed under the table?

Ananya had conspicuously been avoiding him ever since the interview and that irked Kabir. She couldn't act pricey with him just because he had been a little firm and rude with her! For Pete's sake, if the editor in chief acted all sugary and sweet and started mollycoddling a his reporters, he might as well hand in his resignation and look for a job as a nursery teacher somewhere!

He frowned. No junior reporter came to report to him, neither did Ananya.

Why was it affecting him?

He had known women who deliberately downplayed their beauty, and letting it all loose at an opportune moment to achieve their own ends. Was she one of them?

But a closer look at Ananya's hurried kohl and gloss and her naivete, put all such suspicions to rest. She was blissfully oblivious of her beauty.

And for a reason not too comforting he was blissfully aware of her beauty

He was a man. He had always appreciated good looking women. And what was the harm? Wasn't it the most natural thing to be doing?

For a reason unknown to himself, he didn't want to be in the bad books of Ananya.

She shouldn't matter to him but she did.

He shook his head in a desperate attempt to gain some control over his thoughts and settled on his chair. Some nagging voice inside told him that he should do some damage control.

For she would be an extremely resourceful journalist in future! Wasn't that the exact reason Mr. Sharma?

Pleased with his perfect reasoning he rested his head on the chair, trying to avoid answering the other question fast emerging in his mind - how can a budding journalist be of such use?

Of course he knew the answer. He shouldn't be vain and discount other people's talent. The more human resource he gathered, the better it would be for his channel.

Totally satisfied with this explanation, Kabir once again tried to delve into his work, when another question plagued his mind.

Why so many explanations for one woman?

Just then Kabir did a really strange thing. He actually called Malvika, who had just walked into his cabin and had started some mundane conversation, a Godsend for drawing the extremely strange, schizophrenic self-talk to an abrupt end. Finally he had something better to do.

Something that didn't involve full cheeks, rosy lips... yeah, Kabir Sharma, why don't you continue the rhyme with eyes are blue?

"I don't know I am so bloo*y sarcastic, even to myself," he muttered under his breath.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, brought him to the 15th fact which he seemed blissfully oblivious to.

He couldn't help but wonder - was there something between Zara and Hridhwaan?

~*~

"Hey..." Zara smiled at her husband of two months, as he entered the house and gave her a warm smile.

She turned and continued working on the chicken pilaf she was cooking for the two of them, when she felt two fingers gently removing a few strands of her from her forehead and tucking them behind her. She giggled.

"Looks like the romantic roles have got the better of you," she said.

He frowned. "Can't I be like this, loving and caring, on my own?"

Zara washed her hands and wiped them on her apron. "I didn't mean it that way. Just that you took me a little by surprise when you suddenly..." she trailed off, realizing that her words may sour their conversation.

His mild frown transformed into a rather pronounced scowl. "You aren't happy aren't you?" he asked.

"No, love, I am very happy. It's just that things are taking a bit of a toll on me," she said, and managed to give him a weak smile. She started to set the dishes, looking and feeling uncharacteristically fatigued.

"Hmm... You haven't been at the office since the telecast," he said, looking grim. "Are you upset that I disclosed... I mean do you think that this will have a negative impact on my image?"

There they were, back to being actor and personal assistant. She barely let out that she craved to once again see the passion and love in his eyes, that was so evident when he had proposed to her, inside the janitor closet, and they had together planned their secret little married life.

Their honeymoon period had worn off quite fast. He slowly grew tired of shuttling between two houses, and making sure no-one suspected anything, and Zara's insecurities had gotten the better of her.

She often felt the way Elizabeth would feel, had she accepted the first proposal from Darcy.

Hridhwaan stared at his wife, slowly losing herself, right in front of his eyes. Her eyes seemed hollow and she looked more pale and fragile than ever. It was so easy for media to speculate over their lives - didn't they ever think what effects their mindless speculations could have?

But whom was he kidding? His was a life that would be dissected daily on page 3 - he was a superstar, and he had no choice but to go through it. And did he not seek media publicity when he wanted to promote his films? This was a necessary evil of his life as an actor and superstar.

But his wife deserved better. He grew tired of the struggle, but even now, a smile from her made his day. As time passed by, he felt the guilt that she did. He felt them drifting apart day by day, and today he realized, that they were no longer able to have even a conversation with each other.

Had he done the right thing marrying her?

Watching her place the lid on the pan and gently remove her apron, his heart warmed up, yet again, to her.

This was the best decision of their life.

"I'm sorry for getting distracted. Actually, your disclosure hasn't worked at all against you. People are lauding your courage for going public on such a personal matter. And Ananya is definitely doing a good job managing the story. She often sends me little notes updating me on the situation," she said,a soft smile appearing on her lips, as she thought about this little spark called Ananya.

"And I thought it was only me who could bring the smile," Hridhwaan feigned hurt, while Zara's eyes widened. She curled her fingers around his wrist and hugged him.

"I am tired of seeing you struggling. You should take a break, Ri," she said after a pause. He smiled at her.

"Perhaps the truth is that I am tired seeing you give up so early," he mumbled, as his fingers trailed her soft skin, loving the way the blush crept up her neck, ears and cheeks.

Guilt found Zara again, and she blinked back the rapidly forming tears. "I have always wanted to see you happy, Hridhwaan. That's all. And I won't give up on us, ever! You know it better." Hridhwaan cursed himself for hurting her and felt gratitude welling up in him, for the amount of love she gave him.

No prejudices, no pretence. Just honest love.

Did he even deserve it?

"You do..." Zara kissed his cheek while Hridhwaan raised an eyebrow, wondering how she could read his thoughts.

"Thirty minutes before the pilaf is ready," Zara added softly. "True, a pity, if I don't make myself useful in here."

After a few minutes, there was a soft whisper and shy giggles, as he pulled off her lace.

Not too gently.

"Bora bora..." Hridhwaan said dreamily, staring the ceiling, while Zara rested her chin on his shoulder.

She blushed at his reference to their upcoming late honeymoon. She turned groped for the remote and switched on the television. A rerun of his interview was being played.

Zara sighed at their healing wounds, and hugged him tighter.

The courage her husband had was unparalleled. Why, which star would do what he had done - reveal his most personal secret to the world?

"So, what do you have to say about this mess, Hridhwaan. Honestly speaking, it is a bit difficult to admit but I must laud your efforts in coming public with this," Kabir smiled, genuinely, at Hridhwaan who cleared his throat.

"I can say that I have never seen such an convincing and specious liar before - of course I am referring to Sheetal. Firstly I was abroad during the entire period, and proof of that has been submitted to the court. I am not insensitive to women, but Sheetal has no conclusive medical evidence of such a crime having been committed. I have requested for another medical investigation to be conducted. And her claim of being pregnant with my child is laughable. It is just impossible," Hridhwaan added dryly.

"Why?" A thoroughly curious Kabir asked.

"I'm medically incapable of procreation..." Hridhwaan replied.

"What!" Kabir failed to hide his astonishment.

"Yep, I am infertile."

A/N : So that sums up case number 1, and we bid a farewell to our Zara and Ri. We are glad that you love the dynamics of this story and we shall get to the next chapter as soon as possible! Looking forward to your comments!

With love,

This content is the sole property of the authors. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from the authors and/or owners is strictly prohibited.

Edited by .KupKakes - 8 years ago
0913155 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Awesome updateπŸ˜‰πŸ˜› super long amazing updateπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜‰ plz continue soon thanx for pmπŸ˜³πŸ˜ƒ
Diksha_1991 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Amazing update πŸ‘ πŸ‘
Pass continue soon.. 😳
aaliya9872 thumbnail
will be eagerly waiting for the next story to unfold...just loved this one
-purnima- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
As expected amazing UD πŸ‘
Ri & Zaara being married came as a happy surprise...glad to see everything sorted out for both of them thanx to AnanyaAnanya πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ ...quite smart & intelligent reporter...Heart went out to Ri, can only imagine how tough & strong he needed to b as a Man to confess a personal truth abt himself...dat too, on public platform...on national TV...kudos to him & of course to zaara too that she is ready to standby her husband at any & every stage!!!

Waiting for EIC & junior reporter to come together in various stories...they two just gonna "flame" up things...gonna b terrific together..waiting for sparks to fly from either of them... Already for Kabir saab, back in subconscious effect have started...just needs that air, that little push for feelings to flame up πŸ˜› πŸ˜† ...eagerly awaiting for him to change his statement "I like her. Period."
Oh & yes, let's see if Ananya gets a direct thank u, from Kabir.

By the way me too Fangirl of Kabir πŸ˜† & me too wishes all the best Kabir!!! 😳 πŸ˜†
shinyshajil thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome awesome awesome!!!!! Loved it to the moon and back!!! Cant wait for the next update!!!!
aash2302 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Amazing and super long update. .. will miss ri and zara. ..
Ri is a nice guy. .I liked the fact that your story night forwardriving a very true problem some men face..it's not only women who are subjected to violence from men even men do face violence from women...very well handled.
And I really liked the way Ri caked ananya rollerblades πŸ˜†
And coming to our own kabir sharma and his dilemma regarding certain miss.kashyap was well described...
Basically I wanted to tell that is an awesome story.
I dosing receive a pm

Love
Aashritha
luvraj4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Loved the update. .ananya is surely a beautiful soul...she took this case so personally and sensibly. ...
I missed kabir and ananya's scenes in this update. ...
And hridhwaan's truth literally made him a hero...it takes guts to admit something like this...
Continue soon