Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Phantom- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
And that green banker's lamp at his desk is EXACTLY like the one I have on my desk. 😃
Edited by -Phantom- - 9 years ago
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: lostmymusic.

kya explanation hai 🤣 🤣 But it sounds so true!

This intrigued me. I saw the promo of it the other day. She was talking to random wrong numbers and abusing them 😆 Plus the whole synopsis of a girl who hates English language...seems like a light watch. Amna Mufti has written a laugh riot in Jugnoo so I think this too will have some good laughs in it.

Ohh, so she hates English? I guess I haven't seen that promo yet..I assumed the title meant everything you need to know (aka ABC?) about Farwa. 😆

and exactly! because it seems like a light watch..I'm going to try it. After all, we have been watching Mera Naam Yousuf Hai. 😆 My heart can't take anymore heavy duty drama right after. 😆 it's already struggling to cope with MNYH. 😆
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: canuck-umz

Lol Adnan Jaffar's voice is everything! His voice, and the way he speaks - he can make any woman swoon.

Oh no, I realize that she has an overly dramatic character in the show so I completely understand that she has to overact but in general I find her acting goes OTT. I dunno, I think it's her voice and the way she delivers her dialogues. She needs to work on it. I will be watching it though; it does look different and fun plus I have been enjoying Jugnoo so this one will be light viewing as well.

Yeah, I see what you mean. To be fair. I haven't see much of her work either. I've been hearing some really nice things about Jugnoo..will give that a shot too soon.

Btw! where are you these days? I feel I can't discuss any show with you anywhere?!
canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: starstruckk

Yeah, I see what you mean. To be fair. I haven't see much of her work either. I've been hearing some really nice things about Jugnoo..will give that a shot too soon.

Btw! where are you these days? I feel I can't discuss any show with you anywhere?!

Oh Starry you must watch Jugnoo if you want something light. Jugnoo is such an awesome character and if you want to see someone not go OTT with a character that can easily tread that line then do watch it.

Gah! I know I have been fairly inactive for the past few weeks due to school and Ramadan. My summer is hectic. I am only getting like 3 hours of segmented sleep. What shows are you watching these days? I am behind on everything or am yet to start.
starstruckk thumbnail

Oh Starry you must watch Jugnoo if you want something light. Jugnoo is such an awesome character and if you want to see someone not go OTT with a character that can easily tread that line then do watch it.

Gah! I know I have been fairly inactive for the past few weeks due to school and Ramadan. My summer is hectic. I am only getting like 3 hours of segmented sleep. What shows are you watching these days? I am behind on everything or am yet to start.

I will give Jugnoo a shot. I like Yumna Zaidi. She's good.

Ahh, I've been watching Mera Naam Yousuf Hai! 😆 I love this show. I'm so glad Imran took this show up..definitely one his best shows. And, you know how I love when him and Mehreen Jabbar work together (Malaal?). It's always special. I hope you get a chance to watch it.
canuck-umz thumbnail

I will give Jugnoo a shot. I like Yumna Zaidi. She's good.

Ahh, I've been watching Mera Naam Yousuf Hai! 😆 I love this show. I'm so glad Imran took this show up..definitely one his best shows. And, you know how I love when him and Mehreen Jabbar work together (Malaal?). It's always special. I hope you get a chance to watch it.

Yumna Zaidi for me is iffy at times but she is so loveable as Jugnoo. I am so done with bechari characters, Jugnoo is a breath of fresh air.

I wasn't able to start MNYH but Imran is on a roll isn't he? I really want to watch it. Like you said him and Mehreen really do create something special. Is Yousuf making it to the top of your favourite characters list?

I had started Mol and Alvida in the beginning but I got so busy that I discontinued watching them. I will be watching all these shows come August. I miss our discussions! I know you are picky about what you watch just like me.
Edited by canuck-umz - 9 years ago
starstruckk thumbnail

Yumna Zaidi for me is iffy at times but she is so loveable as Jugnoo. I am so done with bechari characters, Jugnoo is a breath of fresh air.

I wasn't able to start MNYH but Imran is on a roll isn't he? I really want to watch it. Like you said him and Mehreen really do create something special. Is Yousuf making it to the top of your favourite characters list?

I had started Mol and Alvida in the beginning but I got so busy that I discontinued watching them. I will be watching all these shows come August. I miss our discussions! I know you are picky about what you watch just like me.

I hope you watch MNYH. I think you'll like it. It's filmy, but it's so well directed and enacted in my opinion. I feel Imran has been on a roll as well. I love him and Mehreen together. She brings out the best in him and you'll notice the same in MNYH. Yousuf is very loveable! I don't know how to explain it without giving much away.. but he's such a good soul! 😆 He has a mixture of innocence, hastiness, charm, wit, angst, etc etc. You have to keep in mind that the writer is Khalil Ur Rehman so, he can be filmy and somewhat larger than life as well. 😆 but I personally feel it's one of Imran's best performances. Ever since Malaal, I try my best to give Imran a fair shot with every show he does. I feel I have this soft spot for him all thanks to Malaal. 😆.and, not to mention, he looks cute in MNYH. Alvida was alright...very entertaining but nothing brilliant. Imran was alright in that show...he's wayyy better in MNYH though. You'll notice the difference between his performance in Alvida and MNYH (for two shows that aired side by side, it was nice to see Imran portray Hadi and Yousuf differently).

I wanted to start Mol, but the script seems very been there, seen that kind? though I do miss seeing Faisal Qureshi.

I miss our discussions as well! I was hoping we could discuss MNYH as it aired, but this week is the last episode! but I still hope you do watch it and post your take on it whenever you get a chance. Have you heard the title song? I absolutely love the title track.

canuck-umz thumbnail

I hope you watch MNYH. I think you'll like it. It's filmy, but it's so well directed and enacted in my opinion. I feel Imran has been on a roll as well. I love him and Mehreen together. She brings out the best in him and you'll notice the same in MNYH. Yousuf is very loveable! I don't know how to explain it without giving much away.. but he's such a good soul! 😆 He has a mixture of innocence, hastiness, charm, wit, angst, etc etc. You have to keep in mind that the writer is Khalil Ur Rehman so, he can be filmy and somewhat larger than life as well. 😆 but I personally feel it's one of Imran's best performances. Ever since Malaal, I try my best to give Imran a fair shot with every show he does. I feel I have this soft spot for him all thanks to Malaal. 😆.and, not to mention, he looks cute in MNYH. Alvida was alright...very entertaining but nothing brilliant. Imran was alright in that show...he's wayyy better in MNYH though. You'll notice the difference between his performance in Alvida and MNYH (for two shows that aired side by side, it was nice to see Imran portray Hadi and Yousuf differently).

I wanted to start Mol, but the script seems very been there, seen that kind? though I do miss seeing Faisal Qureshi.

I miss our discussions as well! I was hoping we could discuss MNYH as it aired, but this week is the last episode! but I still hope you do watch it and post your take on it whenever you get a chance. Have you heard the title song? I absolutely love the title track.

I am going to have to watch MNYH now since you recommended it. Gah, Yousuf sounds like such an amazing character! With the way Imran is going, I am ready to give any show which he appears in a chance. I feel you about Malaal, that one role of his has us rooting for him every time he is onscreen. I always keep my fingers crossed that Imran's does well lol. I think I will be watching Alvida and MNYH together so I will be able to compare the products. I am sure MNYH will win due to the Mehreen factor. I think I may have heard the OST once but I can't remember. I will get on it right now (Ramadan is over 😆 Eid mubarak btw). I will make sure to post my review on it and get you to read it once I watch it.

The best thing about Mol, from the one episode I saw was Naveen's character. She is different from the other females on television. She is strong. I felt the show is worth watching just for her.

What about DED? Are you watching that?
Is this starting next Friday since MNYH ended?
starstruckk thumbnail

I am going to have to watch MNYH now since you recommended it. Gah, Yousuf sounds like such an amazing character! With the way Imran is going, I am ready to give any show which he appears in a chance. I feel you about Malaal, that one role of his has us rooting for him every time he is onscreen. I always keep my fingers crossed that Imran's does well lol. I think I will be watching Alvida and MNYH together so I will be able to compare the products. I am sure MNYH will win due to the Mehreen factor. I think I may have heard the OST once but I can't remember. I will get on it right now (Ramadan is over 😆 Eid mubarak btw). I will make sure to post my review on it and get you to read it once I watch it.

The best thing about Mol, from the one episode I saw was Naveen's character. She is different from the other females on television. She is strong. I felt the show is worth watching just for her.

What about DED? Are you watching that?

Eid Mubarak to you too!
You must watch MNYH. I really do think you'll like it. It starts off with a slow pace but then it only gets better, and better. It's also very unpredictable. The writing, direction, performances, editing, music, basically everything is all very phenomenal. I personally believe MNYH is in a league of its own...there's absolutely no comparison between MNYH and Alvida. Alvida is like guilty pleasure..the drama keeps you hooked and wanting to see more..but the overall product is no where close to what MNYH has to offer.

ahh, Yousuf, he IS such an amazing character. I loved him! He's such a masoom soul in love. 😆 Imran has this innocence and charm which in my opinion only helped him enact Yousuf so well. Basically, imagine a fearless romeo wanting his juliet no matter what..going to any extent, even if that means going against anyone or anything, heck even dying 😆..yet the romeo himself is such a gullible, extremely harmless, charming, & adorable soul. 😆 That's how I'd describe Yousuf. He's also very filmy, dramatic, larger than life yet you root for him throughout the entire show. You know it'd be hard to find someone like Yousuf in reality, but you still find him to be very special and endearing. And to top it off, I feel Imran portrayed Yousuf extremely well. After this show, I can only hope he does more work like this. He was really great. Over the years, I've found myself always rooting for Imran too.. I can't help but root for him now in particularly. 😆 by the way, his chemistry with Maya is so adorable!

I'll try checking Mol out..and DeD - I've watched the first 10 episodes. I LOVED Ali Rehman in this show. He played the character of Sohaib and he was amazing to say the least. Post episode 10, I kind of stopped watching it. A lot of people here follow the show and like it, I just couldn't get myself to continue.