Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: lostmymusic.

The offscreen pics do hint towards a Yousuf/Madiha marriage endgame and possibly a few years leap cuz in one pic Imran was wearing glasses. I am not sure how I feel about it. I always knew there wouldn't be a happy ending for Yousuf/Zulekha. In the morning show with Noor, she asks Maya and Imran if their characters will end happily tou both Maya and Imran become all secretive and smiled, "Wo tou dekha jaega.." Matlab phusss...

Me too am more concerned about Zulekha cuz she has really fought for her happiness. I can sympathize with her more because it's not like she wants to end up with Yousuf. She just wants her life not to be sacrificed for her father's selfish wishes. URGH! NOOR MUHAMMAD! KASAM SE I HATE HIS CHARACTER SO DAMN MUCH!! I hope what Afia says to him comes true and that Bushra makes his life hell! I don't care if no one ends up happy, I JUST WANT THIS NOOR MOHAMMAD AND THAT AAPA OF HIS TO SUFFER FOR ETERNITY! :@

I just can't see Yousuf and Zulekha NOT end up together..After ALL of this? all of it? and they aren't together? 😆 that just blows.

Maybe the pictures we saw of Yousuf and Madiha is just Madiha's dream or so? 😆 They should really avoid a leap..I don't see the point of that. I also feel if Yousuf and Zulekha don't end up together just like Waji Ahmed and Afia didn't..what'll they show in a possible leap? that if you love someone, you'll never have that person, ever? proof being how it seems to NOT happen generation to generation? 😆
sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
I don't really see how Yousuf and Zulekha will end up together. Maybe they will get their individual happiness but being together? Ek tou Zulekha isn't very eager on being married with Yousuf uper se Wajeeh Ahmed bhi khuda maloom Noor Muhammad ka konsa qarzdaar hai ke he just his daughter away from them. I doubt Madiha will ever dream such an elaborate wedding. Guess they will get married

Leap might show Yousuf being a successful music star and like the cliche, he will be interviewed and talk about his nakaam mohabbat and that all the dard in his songs is due to one girl he thought he was meant to be with but haaye ri qismat, wo uska nahin... So the parting message would be that love na Heer Ranjha ke zamane mein kamyaab tha, na smart phone technology ke zamaane mein. Zaalim samaaj FTW 😆
sourmisery thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstruckk

@ Mais: speaking of Yousuf's respect for Zulekha..reminds me of Madiha's response to Yousuf some episodes back:

Yousuf - woh kisi nay kaha hai na kay mohabbat aur jung main sab jaez hota hai. Sahi kaha hai shayad.
Madiha - bilkul ghalat kaha hai usnay. Uss insaan nay yaa toh mohabbat nahin ki ya jung nahin lari.

Everything is not "jaiz" in muhabbat..and I feel, Yousuf does get that. He may be in love with Zulekha..but he never crossed any boundaries. Even when she got married, he let her be because at that point he realized he couldn't do anything anymore. Yeah, it's another thing that Zulekha came over to his house in trying to get rid of Imran Mugheez.

More than Madiha, it was Wajeeh Ahmed telling him that if he loved Zulekha, he wouldn't risk her izzat that practically shook Yousuf. Like he said later to Daaji, "Abba kehte hain agar mujhe uski izzat aabru ka paas nahin hai tou main usse mohabbat nahin karta. Main tou sunte hi marr gaya. Ab chahe koi kuch bhi kahe, main sunn sakta hun lekin koi ye na kahe ke main usse mohabbat nahin karta."

This is what Yousuf learned after getting beaten up and this is what he never forgets. He has to respect and protect Zulekha's respect. He can't let anyone say that he doesn't love Zulekha, what if Zulekha one day says to him, "Tum ne mujhe badnaam kardiya, ye thi tumhari mohabbat?" That would be the end for Yousuf. So despite all his junooni mohabbat for her, he has to lock himself within certain boundaries because Zulekha is legally married to someone else, she still hasn't given him any right be his lover self cuz she never clearly proclaimed her love for him. She plays with 'ifs' when it comes to loving him and that is no assurance to him. Zulekha feared her badnaami but when she realized ke badnaam tou hogayi, tou she only became more brave in her stance...she still didn't give Yousuf any right. And Yousuf waits for her to give him rights by her own will. He doesn't want to impose his love for her though it's not in a small number. That's his way of showing love, being patient.
-MitwaIshqPe- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
OMG! They've chained Zulekha 😲

Bechara Yousuf gets a beating of a lifetime.. I can't digest the fact that the tharki maulvi got married to Bushra!
OMGGG poor Yousuf! Abhi iski kasar baaki thi 😆
.FemmeFatale. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Jaanvar nahi hain woh dono! :'(
Neel_M thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
I shouldn't open the thread before watching the epi 😆
Spoilers everywhere 😆😆😆
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
I so wish it was aired in ARY
That way it wud hv got amazing trps the. Way main bushra and Chup raho did

Ary has huge viewership

Can't believe mehreen last shows were wasted in urdu1 and a plus

Damn it

Jackson heights and ypusuf wud hv got amazing trps if they were aired in Ary or hum
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Jackson Heights was praised even though it was on urdu 1. A lot of people are always talking about it with Mehreen on facebook even today. TRPs don't equate to quality in my eyes. A show can have high ratings on a mainstream channel but if the show is low on content..what's the point? MNYH has generated great buzz and good TRPs despite airing on a low key channel. It's still getting appreciated and people are still tuning in because it's a good show. I don't remember the last time an A plus show generated this much buzz? Also, I appreciate the quality links being uploaded online for this show. Honestly, ARY is horrible with uploading HQ links. Urdu 1 is actually behind also. Plus, if you don't air good shows on low key channels...what's the point in having them? Might as well close them down. Geo is a huge channel yet look at the quality of shows they've been producing for the longest of time.
sourmisery thumbnail
^Word. TRPs don't always equate good content/quality. More often than not, shows with good TRPs have the most forgettable content. Once they air the final episode, no one even remembers or misses them because something or the other replaces them very easily. Besides, do we even have an authentic, followed by all, TRP system in Pakistan? No one can deny that Humsafar was a monstrous hit and definitely the most talked about and watched show during its time. But I remember immediately afterwards its finale, ARY used to promote 'Meri Laadli' as the biggest hit of Pakistan which was frankly a bit hard to digest. Chalo, even if it was the most watched show of Pakistan in 2012, does anyone even remember that show? After that incident I stopped caring about the TRPs in Pakistan. In the long term Pak TV thrives on content, not TRPs.

And APlus is not a gaya guzra channel. Sure it may not have the highest TRP count but it has given some good shows repeatedly. People started tuning in to APlus when all the mainstream channels were either showing the same kind of story or airing Turk shows. Besides, according to one recent TRP chart, Kaneez is one of the top 3 rated shows of Pakistan and it airs on APlus.