starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: ABBY_JERAN

This show has 21 episodes

Confirmed from a trusted source

So yeah 5 more epis to go

Looks like it will end by end of july

I'm going to miss this show...a lot actually.
-MitwaIshqPe- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: ABBY_JERAN

This show has 21 episodes

Confirmed from a trusted source

So yeah 5 more epis to go

Looks like it will end by end of july

21 is just right.. No dragging
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: -MitwaIshqPe-

Awesome creations Ash! You've improved alot.. Great work

Aww... Thanks alot Nisbah.. 😳
sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
If there's a standout performance this year, it's Maya Ali for Mera Naam Yousuf Hai. Uff! This girl has made me her fan with this show. What a tremendous growth from the first episode. She just keeps getting better and better. Zulekha is not an easy character to play because it can be so easy to dislike her indecisiveness regarding Yousuf. But Maya does such amazing justice to her. She speaks volumes even when she doesn't say a word. The way she was judging Madiha silently and watching her ramble on...too good!

That being said, URGH! It's such a hard show to watch! Last week's episode was so good. Not because of the bharmaar of Yousuf/Zulekha scenes (not that I'm complaining) but because things seemed to be going the right way. Zulekha filed for Khullah, Afia being the Sherni in front of the Molvi, Yousuf and Zulekha's last convo...an episode worth watching again and again. But this episode...Allah! Dil chalni hojata hai mera, seeing the brutal honesty of the human emotions here.

It's not something extraordinary is happening. The situation might be filmy but the emotions at play here are very much realistic. Be it Aapa feeding tedha suggestions in Molvi's head or Afia's stunned reaction at her sister asking her not to bring Zulekha to the wedding cuz logon ko kya jawab denge; these emotions and characters are very much part of the society. Yousuf's instant love for Zulekha might be borderline unrealistic, his willingness to die for her might be filmy, but what Mahrukh said about him not being able to sleep or his tadapna for Zulekha despite being feet away from him was very much realistic. Aashiq log, aise hi hote hain...

KHAIR! Add Yousuf's step mom to the ladies who make this show applause worthy. The way she sunaoes Wajeeh Ahmed left, right, center is brilliant! Because she knows the past and has the rare power to give a very neutral reaction to it. Wajeeh Ahmed was a coward and he remains so. He killed Afia with his cowardice and is doing the same to her daughter because of his fear of Noor Muhammad who, ironically, is more scared of Wajeeh Ahmed. Yousuf says he's not like his father, he's no coward, but can Zulekha readily believe that? She has seen her mother talk about the man who failed her. Yousuf might not be a coward but will WA let go of his cowardly nature and give her the life she desperately needs?

Daaji, ye tune kya kiya? I can understand his conflict. Madiha is his dear sister, his only family. He knows of her love for Yousuf. He knows the way she dies inside as she wishes for Yousuf's happiness. AND he has seen Yousuf being beaten to pulp for Zulekha with no chance of ever getting izzat wali happiness. If he was the one who called NM tou I can understand his intentions. But Zulekha ki halat dekh ke...nahin dekhi jaati yaar. She's my most favorite character in this show and GOD! I just want her happiness. The way she was literally kidnapped to be taken and Madiha shouting at them all to leave their house...something within me broke. Zulekha trusted them when she came to their house and she was no less than shoved out to the enemy from there. It's one thing to be hurt from the actions of people who mean no good for you but another entirely to be made to trust on them only to have them abandon you in the end.

Yousuf's pain seems to have no end. He breathes Zulekha. Her name makes him happy. His love for her is insane. I'm sure if this was a novel, Yousuf's internal thoughts regarding Zulekha would be something on the lines of him wanting to crush her in his embrace and hide her somewhere and make her so happy that she would forget what pain is; that if society's norms and culture wouldn't be a roadblock for him tou banda kuch tou kar hi bethta! His has this mix of deewangni wala pyaar and ahtram wali izzat for Zulekha. Two very contradictory emotions. Aisa hota thodi hai per Yousuf hai, tou hai.

KUR has written such brilliant characters that I'm in awe. Such wonderful psychology everyone has. On one side we have set of women we want to applause for and BE. Then on the other, the villains are no one other than women. Kuch bhi kaho, women do run this show. Molvi tou becomes more hateful everyday. I literally skipped his sister with Aapa cuz I feel like SMASHING something on their faces everytime they come on screen! Roza kharab kar dete hain mera! :@

Madiha is...idk. I really don't like her much. In this episode she was weird. She was bitter and not hiding it but acting all okay. Trying to act like a neutral support system for YZ but her words and expressions are contradicting. Yousuf tou hai hi ghana, ussko chodo. But Zulekha easily saw what she was going through. She keeps asking Z about the extent of her love for Y, enough to make anyone doubt what M's intentions actually are. But when asked, she denies anything and comes across as a mazloom victim of unrequited love. I can understand why she is what she is but man, I neither support nor like her for that.

Precap is scary. Ye raatein badi bhari padti hain inn pe. Yousuf gonna get another beating as per the OST, Zulekha in the trap of her URGH Puphi! PURA DADYAAL JAL JAEGA ZULEKHA KA! Thank GOD for Afia slapping Wali like that! NA MARD, KAM ZARF, SELFISH AADMI!! This show hits me right in the heart because I can connect with the helpless misery which is hidden behind epic dialogues. Doubtless these are strong women but just by being WOMEN they become the inevitable losers who can only spew bitter words to calm the wounds they receive. Maine nahin dekhna ye show, takleef hoti hai 😭

(Star, lamba choda review cuz you were missing them 😳)
-Phantom- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
After reading so much abt the drama in this thread, i broke my own rule of not watching a play till it ends, and watched the 1st episode. And to my shock, i liked Imran in it 👍🏼. He was very cute in the train wala scene especially.
.FemmeFatale. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Finally catching up n the last 2 episodes. God,I love this show. 😆 15th epi was sooo good. My fav scene came too 😆
"Main buzdil nahi hoon Zulekha"

Awww.

Daaji Madiha,what r u upto ? I like these two characters and if tehy turn negative I'd really be disappointed.
rosesforyou thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Review of episodes 15 & 16 on Mera Naam Yousuf Hai

P.S. The total number of eps is 22 acc. to Mehreen Jabbar 😊

965319 thumbnail

Originally posted by: .FemmeFatale.

Confessing one's love has never been easy to anyone 😆 The fear of rejection is always there. That wouldn't make anyone a coward. I think how she behaved was quite normal. Its what most of us would have done.

Moreover I remember the first phone call she made to him. She was quite bold there(in her own way). And she did throw a few hints here and there that time 😆 Yousuf on the other hand kept telling 'this is wrong.I shouldnt be speakign to u on the phone'...'Ur my frnd's sister' etc etc. 😆

And after she got to know about Zulekha,its obvious she saw no point int telling him.

What she did for him initially after she got to know about Zulekha was quite selfless. Not everyone in her place would have agreed. 😊

I had my doubts about Zulekha. She didnt knwo how she felt about yousuf. Always confused. And even when she decided that she wants to be with Yousuf,that was more of 'I'd rather be with Yousuf instead of Mugheez". So that kind of was selfish.

BUT,when she decided to get Yousuf ut of jail by hook or by crrok..that was selfless. And very brave of her infact.

The last two episodes gave more perspective.

Hey ,interesting viewpoint there.
I find Madiha to be the only really grey character in this drama.I wonder what brief was given to the actress playing her as to how to portray her.
I know it is not easy to confess one's love,but then I would have liked her more if she had refused to go to Zulekha's house when Yousuf asked her to.

Edited by mai1moono - 9 years ago
-MitwaIshqPe- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I loved your review Mais.. zyada lamba tha 😆 But well worth it 😳
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: lostmymusic.

If there's a standout performance this year, it's Maya Ali for Mera Naam Yousuf Hai. Uff! This girl has made me her fan with this show. What a tremendous growth from the first episode. She just keeps getting better and better. Zulekha is not an easy character to play because it can be so easy to dislike her indecisiveness regarding Yousuf. But Maya does such amazing justice to her. She speaks volumes even when she doesn't say a word. The way she was judging Madiha silently and watching her ramble on...too good!

That being said, URGH! It's such a hard show to watch! Last week's episode was so good. Not because of the bharmaar of Yousuf/Zulekha scenes (not that I'm complaining) but because things seemed to be going the right way. Zulekha filed for Khullah, Afia being the Sherni in front of the Molvi, Yousuf and Zulekha's last convo...an episode worth watching again and again. But this episode...Allah! Dil chalni hojata hai mera, seeing the brutal honesty of the human emotions here.

It's not something extraordinary is happening. The situation might be filmy but the emotions at play here are very much realistic. Be it Aapa feeding tedha suggestions in Molvi's head or Afia's stunned reaction at her sister asking her not to bring Zulekha to the wedding cuz logon ko kya jawab denge; these emotions and characters are very much part of the society. Yousuf's instant love for Zulekha might be borderline unrealistic, his willingness to die for her might be filmy, but what Mahrukh said about him not being able to sleep or his tadapna for Zulekha despite being feet away from him was very much realistic. Aashiq log, aise hi hote hain...

KHAIR! Add Yousuf's step mom to the ladies who make this show applause worthy. The way she sunaoes Wajeeh Ahmed left, right, center is brilliant! Because she knows the past and has the rare power to give a very neutral reaction to it. Wajeeh Ahmed was a coward and he remains so. He killed Afia with his cowardice and is doing the same to her daughter because of his fear of Noor Muhammad who, ironically, is more scared of Wajeeh Ahmed. Yousuf says he's not like his father, he's no coward, but can Zulekha readily believe that? She has seen her mother talk about the man who failed her. Yousuf might not be a coward but will WA let go of his cowardly nature and give her the life she desperately needs?

Daaji, ye tune kya kiya? I can understand his conflict. Madiha is his dear sister, his only family. He knows of her love for Yousuf. He knows the way she dies inside as she wishes for Yousuf's happiness. AND he has seen Yousuf being beaten to pulp for Zulekha with no chance of ever getting izzat wali happiness. If he was the one who called NM tou I can understand his intentions. But Zulekha ki halat dekh ke...nahin dekhi jaati yaar. She's my most favorite character in this show and GOD! I just want her happiness. The way she was literally kidnapped to be taken and Madiha shouting at them all to leave their house...something within me broke. Zulekha trusted them when she came to their house and she was no less than shoved out to the enemy from there. It's one thing to be hurt from the actions of people who mean no good for you but another entirely to be made to trust on them only to have them abandon you in the end.

Yousuf's pain seems to have no end. He breathes Zulekha. Her name makes him happy. His love for her is insane. I'm sure if this was a novel, Yousuf's internal thoughts regarding Zulekha would be something on the lines of him wanting to crush her in his embrace and hide her somewhere and make her so happy that she would forget what pain is; that if society's norms and culture wouldn't be a roadblock for him tou banda kuch tou kar hi bethta! His has this mix of deewangni wala pyaar and ahtram wali izzat for Zulekha. Two very contradictory emotions. Aisa hota thodi hai per Yousuf hai, tou hai.

KUR has written such brilliant characters that I'm in awe. Such wonderful psychology everyone has. On one side we have set of women we want to applause for and BE. Then on the other, the villains are no one other than women. Kuch bhi kaho, women do run this show. Molvi tou becomes more hateful everyday. I literally skipped his sister with Aapa cuz I feel like SMASHING something on their faces everytime they come on screen! Roza kharab kar dete hain mera! :@

Madiha is...idk. I really don't like her much. In this episode she was weird. She was bitter and not hiding it but acting all okay. Trying to act like a neutral support system for YZ but her words and expressions are contradicting. Yousuf tou hai hi ghana, ussko chodo. But Zulekha easily saw what she was going through. She keeps asking Z about the extent of her love for Y, enough to make anyone doubt what M's intentions actually are. But when asked, she denies anything and comes across as a mazloom victim of unrequited love. I can understand why she is what she is but man, I neither support nor like her for that.

Precap is scary. Ye raatein badi bhari padti hain inn pe. Yousuf gonna get another beating as per the OST, Zulekha in the trap of her URGH Puphi! PURA DADYAAL JAL JAEGA ZULEKHA KA! Thank GOD for Afia slapping Wali like that! NA MARD, KAM ZARF, SELFISH AADMI!! This show hits me right in the heart because I can connect with the helpless misery which is hidden behind epic dialogues. Doubtless these are strong women but just by being WOMEN they become the inevitable losers who can only spew bitter words to calm the wounds they receive. Maine nahin dekhna ye show, takleef hoti hai 😭

(Star, lamba choda review cuz you were missing them 😳)

@ bold: Aww thanks! great review!

I totally agree with your point about Maya. She is wonderful as Zulekha! I didn't like her so much earlier because I felt something was lacking..but she really grows on you with every episode..and yes, in last week's episode where she was silently judging Madiha - her expressions were spot on. She was far more impressive than Madiha in my opinion even though Madiha was the one talking and Maya was more or less silent. I think this is perhaps Maya's strongest performance I've ever seen.

I love the way you explained Yousuf's love for Zulekha. 😆 It's spot on actually. He seems to love her rather unconditionally? in an obsessed way, yet he still has immense respect for her. I like how Yousuf and Zulekha have kept distances despite being under the same roof. Yousuf never crossed any boundary ..despite having the love of his life right in front of his eyes. He also doesn't pressurize Zulekha to feel a certain way. He lets her be. He's confused in trying to understand how she feels about him, but never forces her to understand it in any other way. I really like that. I like how Yousuf has a lot of junoon in him in regards to Zulekha but he isn't really a full on junooni? if that even makes sense? 😆 Also, kudos to Imran for portraying him so nicely. I particularly love how Yousuf has so many characteristics - he's innocent, naive, brave, a little crazy (lol), honest, sincere, respectful, fearless, funny etc. And for Imran to effortlessly show each trait when needed, is praiseworthy.

And I agree about Madiha now. I really don't know where she stands at this point? I really like Madiha, I always have. At one point, I even said I wouldn't mind seeing Madiha and Yousuf as endgame (which says a lot 😆)..but in the last episode, she was behaving very strangely. Her behavior made me question her intentions. And is it just me? but I also did not like how she told her neighbors or whoever what exactly happened? It was the last straw for me in deciding that her heart may not be in the right place anymore. I love Mansha as Madiha by the way...she's really amazing here..and I really love the way she makes you feel conflicted about Madiha..especially now.

I'm still trying to understand how Daaji would benefit from calling Noor Muhammad? It's not like Yousuf's feelings for Zulekha would suddenly vanish and allow him to move on to Madiha? lol..but regardless, he had to tell NM to come over to HIS place for Zulekha then? and if so, then this was one calculated move..because Madiha had to first bring Zulekha over to their place for any of this to have happened.