ANIL and ARJUN in SRIRAM RAGHAVAN'S next with DEEPIKA?

Thrasher thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

After the success of Badlapur', director Sriram Raghavan is ready to take on his next directorial venture, which is said to be an adaptation of the book The Accidental Apprentice' by Vikas Swarup. The director met up Deepika Padukone for the lead role and our sources insist she is already on board for the project.

Buzz is that the casting of some of the important characters of the Sriram Raghavan directorial venture is on in full swing. If news sources are to be believed, Anil Kapoor will be seen in the film in a pivotal role. Sriram met Kapoor recently to discuss about the project and the latter was very keen to be a part of it. Interestingly, if Anil agrees to do the film, this will be his second venture with author Vikas. His first was Slumdog Millionaire, which was adapted from Swarup's novel Q & A.

Arjun Kapoor is another actor who has been approached for the film for an important character. Arjun is yet to sign on the dotted line, but has principally agreed to do the thriller.

When contacted, the director said, "I am still working on the script. I already have a version ready but I need to sit with it for a few days before I show it to Vikas and Deepika. I had sounded her out. I'll take the final draft to her and if she likes it, we'll take it forward. Since the girl is the main protagonist, I need my heroine before I decide on the rest of the cast."

The film might go on the floors later this year or early next year The other details of the movie are still under wraps as one would guess.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kimi484 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i'll wait for official confirmation.
i dont think arjun will do it
the role of the young guy is very small
it'll be a cameo if he agrees to do it.
kimi484 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
super cinema's trade buzz
mentions them but not arjun

The famous novelist Vikas Swarup's new book THE ACCIDENTAL APPRENTICE is now going to be a major motion picture. The movie is going to be directed by Sriram Raghavan who gave this year's sleeper hit BADLAPUR. The story of the book is about a common 20 something girl landing the job of a CEO in a multinational company. According to our sources the filmmaker recently met up Deepika Padukone for the lead role and our sources insist that she is very keen to be a part of the movie adaptation of the book. Now the latest news trickling in is that Sriram also met up with Ani Kapoor to be the other leading role in the movie and Kapoor seems very excited to be a part of the movie.