Celeb Nest- Dolly Sohi

Vandu4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago

The child like innocence of Dolly 'Saroj' Sohi shines brightly in her incessant laughter and twinkling eyes. Here she talks to Kaajal about how she believes in the Ishtar philosophy of Positivity and her views on the deeper meanings of life.

On Spirituality

I believe I relate to spirituality in some kind. There is a definite power at work above us and I believe that we in turn have to work to respect this. Work is spirituality for me.

On Meditation

No, I do not consciously meditate in the conventional sense but I do my pooja religiously and follow the teachings of Guru Govind Ji. I also believe that in the power of gem stones. I have worn a stone that my mom has made me wear and it has suited me. I believe that this stone has played a part in where I am today. It is now a part of my life and I am attached to it. As far as meditation is concerned, I spend my free time sleeping and it's the best form of meditation [Laughs]

On Emotions

Attachment is the root cause of depression and there are times when I do get depressed if I am attached to someone. At such times it is difficult for me to be balance my emotions. If I feel guilt about anything, the best approach is to talk to the person concerned.

Anger is one emotion where you should help me Kaajal, There are times when I feel angry inside but it remains there. I am unable to remove it out of my system and eventually hurt myself in the bargain. I do talk to myself and I think that this self-talk does help to curb the anger. I do not open up and trust people very fast and as I trust you completely you should guide me on this.

We are in the trade wherein we have to emote as per the requirement of the script irrespective of the mood we are in; I pay total attention at my work and control my mind during work. There I am in full control of my mind.

On Forgiveness

I think I hide things in my heart. I can't hurt any one and so I keep my feelings to myself. I can't forgive and I feel irritated by this and I feel I have to learn to forgive better. This trait is connected to anger and you can teach me how to let go.

I can't heal my own traumas without family support and I feel that anyone in trauma should visit people like you who are qualified to guide us and make us come out of it. Our mental peace decides our destinies.

Positivity at work place

I don't back bite or react to negativity. I just ignore people who are negative. I don't get jealous and appreciate others work. Laughter is the best medicine that nature has given us and I use it liberally. [Smiles]

On Today's Women

I do not think of this in the terms of equality but I definitely believe that though women are independent and confident their families still worry more of how the girl will survive in a male dominated work place. Women are emotionally stronger and definitely not weak even if they choose to remain silent.

On Future plans

Marriage and kids will take top priority in the future. I am getting married on 4th March in Canada and will strive to maintain an equilibrium between marriage and my work. I understand that for a healthy marital life Practical and emotional levels have to be well balanced.

Positive Visualization

When I started my career I was less confident. But I truly believe that it is my faith that has brought me here. I dream and visualize that I am successful and I dream what I want. I understand the power of the mind and visualize a lot. I feel that it is the best approach in life.

Advice for Strugglers

When I first arrived, people said lot of bad thing about me. I did not pay much attention to this as I knew my potential and I was positive of myself. Have a strong belief in yourself, do your own, be confident and the Divine will definitely open your way.

Mantra in Life

Be positive, be confident. Kaajal, I think I follow your mantra. "Positive people are indeed successful."

http://www.ishtarhealer.com/celebnest_dollysohi.htm

Edited by Vandu4ever - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nihalsuhana thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
thanx i was wondering if there is any new interview of bhanujeet sudan 😳