The silver lining- A KrishnArjuna OS

Crazypheonix008 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Hello everyone, I've had this OS saved in my computer for a long time. Thught about posting it here seeing this forum is till active. I hope you guys like it. do tell me how you feel about it. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Notch-draw-release... Notch Draw release...

That was all Arjuna thought in that moment. That was all he allowed himself to think. There was no specific target to aim at but this was not practice, just distraction. Normally he could've wandered the Kamyakvana absorbing its beauty but he was adamant on not providing that pleasure to himself. He heard the noise of the approaching chariots but did not bother to greet whoever had come. Probably some other well wisher who wants to convince Jyestha for immediate war, in vain of course... He thought. After a while, he heard footsteps approaching him. Only when he felt the pressure of a hand on his shoulder did he turn around to look into the eyes of his best-friend and even though they hadn't exchanged a word he knew Krishna understood. He also knew that he didn't deserve that understanding; he had failed him as much as he had failed the other dark skinned one in his life.

Suddenly, Krishna enveloped him in a hug. That one gesture soothed him more than words ever could. He had the urge to sob like a child, but Arjuna had become pretty good at restraining himself. After all, that was the only thing he had been doing since the dice game began. Without a word, Krishna took his hand and led him towards his chariot. Arjuna followed silently. They stopped near a small stream in the deeper part of the forest, fortunately there were no animals there. Krishna led him to the large rocks near the stream. "Sit" this was the first word Krishna said to him since his arrival. He obeyed. Arjuna looked up at the towering form of his friend. From his position he felt like Krishna had somehow grown in form, in that moment he understood why most people considered him an avatar, an incarnation of Narayana. "Speak" Krishna said. Arjuna looked away. He was not used to putting his feelings into words. Krishna sighed, sitting beside him. "You know what your problem is Partha? You feel too much and speak too little." It was Arjuna's turn to sigh. "What do you want me to speak?" he asked his tone weary. "Anything that comes to mind. I don't care if it is the most mundane of things. Just speak your mind without inhibitions for once Arjuna." "Do you need words to understand me Madhav?" Arjuna said in a tormented tone." No, but you need to speak them." Krishna said with a comforting smile.

After a long pause Arjuna said," I can never forgive myself." "Good" Krishna replied." Not forgiving yourself is the best thing you can do. Would you be the archer that you are today if you had forgiven every mistake you made while learning?"He asked. "When the use of those skills mattered the most, I couldn't use them. I couldn't protect her Krishna... or rather I did not choose to...and for what? Was it even worth it?" He said voicing his true feelings for the first time. "You know for what and as for its worth, that is for you to decide." Krishna replied evenly. "Unity! The famous Pandava unity. The unity that has time and again demanded sacrifice and always from the same person. How many times will this unity will need preservation at her cost Madhav?" "Remember one thing Partha. Nothing and no one can force her to accept anything that she doesn't want. You know that and the others experienced it in that wretched hall." Arjuna remained silent. "How can this mistake be corrected Madhav?Is there anything that I can do? Do I even deserve redemption Keshav?" he asked earnestly after a while. "Don't be so hard on yourself Partha. You did what you thought was your Dharma." "Dharma." Arjuna replied."The perfect excuse. In the name of kshatriya Dharma we play a game of chance, we pawn everything that we own and even that which we don't, not really. In the name of Dharma we sit like impotent men while our wife is being brutally assaulted. But isn't it Kshatriya Dharma to protect those who need our help? Which one is greater than the other Krishna? Dharma was the most talked about but the least thought about thing in that hall Madhav. Everyone cared for their own convenience . Even me." Arjuna slumped, his anger spent. Krishna smiled. "You've already completed the first two steps of redemption Arjuna." "Steps?" Arjuna asked, confused. 'Yes. The first step in correcting any mistake is to accept that you've made one in the first place. The second is having a burning will to correct it." "And what are the next steps?" Krishna smiled. "You'll know. Experience is the best teacher." Krishna smiled. There was a pause. "What do you think you need the most at the moment Partha?" Both knew the answer. "But wouldn't that be..." "Selfish?" Krishna asked cutting him off. "Perhaps. But the self is important Partha. If you own mind couldn't understand all that I'm speaking would seem like nonsense to you. Who taught you to shoot in the dark Partha and who taught you the ambidextrousness that you are so famous for Savyasachi?" Krishna paused but not for a response, both of them knew that he taught it to himself. " Besides, only you can consider living all alone in the forest and trekking the punishingly cold Himalayas to learn new weapons, selfishness." Dhananjaya smiled humorlessly. "But remember Partha, you have to focus on your mind too. Even the best marksman can miss his mark if his mind is restless." Krishna said, serious again. There were a few silent moments of contemplation. But the change in Arjuna was visible to him, there was a new determination in his eyes and a new vigor in his whole body. Arjuna felt his mind lighten considerably; there was clarity now and a specific target to achieve. "You should consider writing your own scriptures Madhav" he said only half-jokingly. Krishna laughed." Perhaps someday." He said. "Now come we must return. I'm starving already." But Arjuna had one more question" Did you speak to her Madhav?" Krishna smiled. "Who do you think I'd go to first?" Arjuna smiled too, content. "Come now. I can smell the food cooked by Panchali even here." "Well, burnt food does smell strong." Arjuna jested. "Let's see how Krishnaa reacts to that statement.." Krishna laughed aloud. The two friends returned to the settlements in the forest, bantering playfully all the way.

THANKS FOR READING ๐Ÿ˜Š

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ltelidevara thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Crazypheonix008

Hello everyone, I've had this OS saved in my computer for a long time. Thught about posting it here seeing this forum is till active. I hope you guys like it. do tell me how you feel about it. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Notch-draw-release... Notch Draw release...

That was all Arjuna thought in that moment. That was all he allowed himself to think. There was no specific target to aim at but this was not practice, just distraction. Normally he could've wandered the Kamyakvana absorbing its beauty but he was adamant on not providing that pleasure to himself. He heard the noise of the approaching chariots but did not bother to greet whoever had come. Probably some other well wisher who wants to convince Jyestha for immediate war, in vain of course... He thought. After a while, he heard footsteps approaching him. Only when he felt the pressure of a hand on his shoulder did he turn around to look into the eyes of his best-friend and even though they hadn't exchanged a word he knew Krishna understood. He also knew that he didn't deserve that understanding; he had failed him as much as he had failed the other dark skinned one in his life.

Suddenly, Krishna enveloped him in a hug. That one gesture soothed him more than words ever could. He had the urge to sob like a child, but Arjuna had become pretty good at restraining himself. After all, that was the only thing he had been doing since the dice game began. Without a word, Krishna took his hand and led him towards his chariot. Arjuna followed silently. They stopped near a small stream in the deeper part of the forest, fortunately there were no animals there. Krishna led him to the large rocks near the stream. "Sit" this was the first word Krishna said to him since his arrival. He obeyed. Arjuna looked up at the towering form of his friend. From his position he felt like Krishna had somehow grown in form, in that moment he understood why most people considered him an avatar, an incarnation of Narayana. "Speak" Krishna said. Arjuna looked away. He was not used to putting his feelings into words. Krishna sighed, sitting beside him. "You know what your problem is Partha? You feel too much and speak too little." It was Arjuna's turn to sigh. "What do you want me to speak?" he asked his tone weary. "Anything that comes to mind. I don't care if it is the most mundane of things. Just speak your mind without inhibitions for once Arjuna." "Do you need words to understand me Madhav?" Arjuna said in a tormented tone." No, but you need to speak them." Krishna said with a comforting smile.

After a long pause Arjuna said," I can never forgive myself." "Good" Krishna replied." Not forgiving yourself is the best thing you can do. Would you be the archer that you are today if you had forgiven every mistake you made while learning?"He asked. "When the use of those skills mattered the most, I couldn't use them. I couldn't protect her Krishna... or rather I did not choose to...and for what? Was it even worth it?" He said voicing his true feelings for the first time. "You know for what and as for its worth, that is for you to decide." Krishna replied evenly. "Unity! The famous Pandava unity. The unity that has time and again demanded sacrifice and always from the same person. How many times will this unity will need preservation at her cost Madhav?" "Remember one thing Partha. Nothing and no one can force her to accept anything that she doesn't want. You know that and the others experienced it in that wretched hall." Arjuna remained silent. "How can this mistake be corrected Madhav?Is there anything that I can do? Do I even deserve redemption Keshav?" he asked earnestly after a while. "Don't be so hard on yourself Partha. You did what you thought was your Dharma." "Dharma." Arjuna replied."The perfect excuse. In the name of kshatriya Dharma we play a game of chance, we pawn everything that we own and even that which we don't, not really. In the name of Dharma we sit like impotent men while our wife is being brutally assaulted. But isn't it Kshatriya Dharma to protect those who need our help? Which one is greater than the other Krishna? Dharma was the most talked about but the least thought about thing in that hall Madhav. Everyone cared for their own convenience . Even me." Arjuna slumped, his anger spent. Krishna smiled. "You've already completed the first two steps of redemption Arjuna." "Steps?" Arjuna asked, confused. 'Yes. The first step in correcting any mistake is to accept that you've made one in the first place. The second is having a burning will to correct it." "And what are the next steps?" Krishna smiled. "You'll know. Experience is the best teacher." Krishna smiled. There was a pause. "What do you think you need the most at the moment Partha?" Both knew the answer. "But wouldn't that be..." "Selfish?" Krishna asked cutting him off. "Perhaps. But the self is important Partha. If you own mind couldn't understand all that I'm speaking would seem like nonsense to you. Who taught you to shoot in the dark Partha and who taught you the ambidextrousness that you are so famous for Savyasachi?" Krishna paused but not for a response, both of them knew that he taught it to himself. " Besides, only you can consider living all alone in the forest and trekking the punishingly cold Himalayas to learn new weapons, selfishness." Dhananjaya smiled humorlessly. "But remember Partha, you have to focus on your mind too. Even the best marksman can miss his mark if his mind is restless." Krishna said, serious again. There were a few silent moments of contemplation. But the change in Arjuna was visible to him, there was a new determination in his eyes and a new vigor in his whole body. Arjuna felt his mind lighten considerably; there was clarity now and a specific target to achieve. "You should consider writing your own scriptures Madhav" he said only half-jokingly. Krishna laughed." Perhaps someday." He said. "Now come we must return. I'm starving already." But Arjuna had one more question" Did you speak to her Madhav?" Krishna smiled. "Who do you think I'd go to first?" Arjuna smiled too, content. "Come now. I can smell the food cooked by Panchali even here." "Well, burnt food does smell strong." Arjuna jested. "Let's see how Krishnaa reacts to that statement.." Krishna laughed aloud. The two friends returned to the settlements in the forest, bantering playfully all the way.

THANKS FOR READING ๐Ÿ˜Š

. Simply superb. Awesome. How nicely you portrayed my Arjun's emotions and krishna's love and concern for his Parth. Do write more. On Arjun,Krishna .Done?
[ . Simply superb. Awesome. How nicely you portrayed my Arjun's emotions and krishna's love and concern for his Parth. Do write more. On Arjun,Krishna .Done?

Thanks ๐Ÿ˜Š I've read your OS and poem on ArDi and also your post about Draupadi's love for Arjuna though I couldn't comment on any of them. Sorry for that. You are a superb writer by the way ๐Ÿ‘ and sure I'll try. I'm trying to write something similar on Krishna-Draupadi too and also trying to write on ArDi. I'm glad you liked it. Thanks again ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š
Nonie12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wonderful OS Crazypheonix๐Ÿ‘

Originally posted by: Nonie12345