Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

grey23 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
btw how come making a comparison thread make someone obsessed with fawad?? Star is known for making wonderful threads and she makes posts on imran adeel and other actors andactresses also..so does that mean she is obsessed with all those actors also? don't know why some people gets so sensitive about fawad..!! Reminds me of the fans of youth based Hindi serials
664269 thumbnail
I think Sanam Baloch beats everybody here, so Mikaal and Fawad has no chance .. 🥳
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Hiral_Halwa

versatility itself is a subjective term as per me.., it can either be a repertoire of work spreading into diverse character sketches and performing the same "with elan" and atleast ensuring above average performances in all, doesnt just mean one chooses 2381926182 different roles, but doesnt come out with flying colours in any? thats just as if, "jack of all trades and master of none" ,

OR, versatility could also mean enacting out similar roles, DIFFERENTLY..that too is a mark of versatility and shows capability of an actor to bring different nuances into characters, inspite of there not being much difference in the way the character sketch is on paper..
Coming to mikaal, he has a large body of work..he has done lots and lots of shows, in comparison to fawad..and I dont claim to watch everything he has done..but whatever I have, TBH, m not a fan of his acting in whatever I did see..

Shehre zaat - he sleepwalked through salman's role in SEZ, no change in voice modulation, no change in expressions throughout the show;

MSK - I know m in minority for saying this, but I did not like his performance as nabeel in MSK - in all honesty, adeel as zeeshan walked away as the star of the show, inspite of limited screen time, coz IMO he was the better actor there, and thats just my opinion, nobody has to agree with it

PJP, Mirat ul uroos, were again average fares from his performance POV, it was saba and ahsan who stood out in PJP and aamina in Mirat..

DES, Laa are two shows where I think he gave good performances..Laa being his career best..
I have nothing against mikaal, he is a looker and as a girl, its enough for me to drool on him, but he and imran are two actors, whose looks are more effective than acting..and they are good on and off..but not always..
+++++++++++++++++

coming to fawad..yes he is widely believed to be non versatile..but as I believe and the way i see it, inspite of portraying lover boy roles - how is it that an asher doesnt remind one of zaroon or hassan doesnt remind one of asher or zaroon..he doesnt carry "residual values" of any role from his TV work...

its easy to see how he changes his nuances, body language, even manner of dialogue delivery with every character...asher's mannerisms way of getting angry/ sad/ romancing/ flirting is different from zaroon's and from hassan's or Jo's..and clearly thats an actor's doing..to bring out variations in performances along with director's inputs..

and I know that Numm is not highly regarded..but per me, its not a bad show and fawad has given a very very nuanced and effective performance in it..he doesnt even have more than 20 dialogues in the 18 odd episodes, but he communicates wali's angst through his eyes..and can I say thats just effing brilliant!👏👏 what finnesse as a performer! and what he is underrated for, is his comic timing..he is very good with it in KPKPBT and armaan (yet to watch akbari..), and I wish he gets to explore that as well..

he has been selective with his work, even though he has been around for a long time..but whatever he has done..he has transitioned in and out of the roles very very well! so yes, HE IS VERSATILE FOR ME!

+++++++++++
and OT I LOVEEE adeel hussain a lot..and I really wish he would be more recognized..after fawad, if there is one guy who has a natural charming screen presence and a good control over his voice and dialogue delivery..its him..if he was good as a good samaritan in daam, MSK, Mere naseeb, silvatein, he was even better as the grey shaded/ negative jamshed in Jackson Heights..we need more of this guy

I stopped reading your post after you mentioned how Mikaal sleepwalked through Shehr e Zaat. After Samina Peerzada, Mikaal was the best performer in that show hands down. Mahira and Mohib were no where close.
starstruckk thumbnail
This is going a little offtopic...in regards to Adeel - I personally feel Adeel romances better than both Fawad and Mikaal. Adeel's romance is subtle..Fawad's romance is awesome but, it's not as subtle as Adeel's. Adeel's performance in Daam as Junaid for me personally is better than any Hassan. Zaroon and Asher combined. Mikaal is weaker in romance compared to the other two. He doesn't do the out and out romantic characters that effortlessly. He's better with intense roles..and such roles intertwined with romance is something he's better at..such as his performance from Manjali or even DeS. In something like Muhabbat Subh Ka Sitara where Nabeel was an out and out romantic/flirt..Adeel overshadowed Mikaal as Zeeshan in my opinion because Adeel really excels in such shows.

I like all Adeel, Mikaal and Fawad all..but, if I had to choose the actor who's acting I enjoy watching then I'd say Adeel. I feel Adeel is the most consistent. I've never found him awful in any of his shows even with his flaws as an actor. He has the best dialogue delivery in my opinion. His diction and voice in general is amazing..which only helps his dialogue delivery. The only problem I have with Adeel is he hasn't done variety...and he's not the best of criers. Mikaal in that sense is ahead of him. Mikaal has done a lot of challenging roles. Adeel vs Fawad- Adeel has better script sense than Fawad even if he hasn't done as many challenging roles so far. You can always expect something different out of Adeel's shows. Overall, they all have their pros and cons as actors generally speaking..but coming back to the topic on hand, Mikaal chooses the most challenging roles...which allows him to show range as a performer.

About Hamza..Hamza's a good actor..but how can anyone say he's versatile yet? He has yet to work. He works once a year, and so far apart from two films..he really only has PA to his credit as an actor. And, I disagree with the notion that he's better than Mikaal..he's better than none of the actors above...he still has a lot to prove. One serial doesn't change anything.
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: harshu.sundas

I think Sanam Baloch beats everybody here, so Mikaal and Fawad has no chance .. 🥳

I agree. Sanam Baloch is a better actor than both Mikaal and Fawad. I'm glad we can agree on something. 😛
Raindrops. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
If anyone has seen Pyaray Afzal completely they'll know how much variety is there within that character, enough to prove his calibre. fact is Meekal failed to have that big an impact on me after so many plays but just with one serial Hamza won me over.
Apart from that his roles in mein hoon shahid afridi and waar were completely different too so yeah Meekal is good but I don't find him extraordinary and that is my opinion only ...you may differ with it
grey23 thumbnail

Originally posted by: harshu.sundas

i completely agree with you on this...😃
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: Raindrops.

If anyone has seen Pyaray Afzal completely they'll know how much variety is there within that character, enough to prove his calibre. fact is Meekal failed to have that big an impact on me after so many plays but just with one serial Hamza won me over.

Apart from that his roles in mein hoon shahid afridi and waar were completely different too so yeah Meekal is good but I don't find him extraordinary and that is my opinion only ...you may differ with it

We can agree to disagree..but the fact still remains. Hamza needs to work more. He can't live off of one PA for the rest of his life. He'll have to do more work. People criticize Fawad for being stereotyped, yet here Hamza just has one show to talk about..and that's more or less all he gets credit for. Waar and MHSA had ensemble casts..and he never overshadowed anyone else.
Edited by starstruckk - 9 years ago
grey23 thumbnail
pyaray afzal was an epic serial..i was stunned watching this serial...but even then i feel hamza Ali's acting was not outstanding type..i felt that the character of afzal could have been portrayed better than what hamza portrayed...his acting was monotonous sometimes...saba hamid,moulavi,ayeza soha all were brilliant and earned a fan in me with this serial..but i was not impressed with hamza...my personal opinion..
Raindrops. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstruckk

We can agree to disagree..but the fact still remains. Hamza needs to work more. He can't live off of one PA for the rest of his life. He'll have to do more work. People criticize Fawad for being stereotyped, yet here Hamza just has one show to talk about..and that's more or less all he gets credit for. Waar and MHSA had ensemble casts..and he never overshadowed anyone else.

Yes he needs to work more but I thought you were talking about versatility so he showed he can do MHSA maulvi, Waar, mere dard ko jo zaban mile mein he played a negative character, his upcoming film shows he is trying comedy. In fact in his small body of work he has already tried various different characters
Edited by Raindrops. - 9 years ago