Views

Users

Frequent Posters

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: -shabz-

This thread is so entertaining

kya karoon, people think I'm never serious with any thread on Fawad these days. 😆

Now that I think about it, the only people who should feel upset over this thread is those who think Mikaal is actually better than Fawad and this is a way of mocking Fawad...otherwise, I really don't understand why there's an uproar here. 😆
sillage. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
On the topic,
I find neither Fawad or Mikaal versatile as much as you.So I'll go for starstruckk.😎
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Has anyone seen the new ufone ad with Meekal & Sanam Saeed? Its hilarious. Sanam completely nailed it.

As for the comparison, Meekal has got better body of work to his credit.. But in between he also picked some similar roles and his acting was monotonous in them whereas Fawad is definitely more expressive and a better actor but not that versatile.

starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: Usman.

Has anyone seen the new ufone ad with Meekal & Sanam Saeed? Its hilarious. Sanam completely nailed it.

As for the comparison, Meekal has got better body of work to his credit.. But in between he also picked some similar roles and his acting was monotonous in them whereas Fawad is definitely more expressive and a better actor but not that versatile.

That ad is hilarious! I think most married women can relate to it which makes it work even more.

I think Mikaal excels in intense stuff as an actor. I don't like him in the boy next door kind of roles actually..yet when you look at him in Shehr e Zaat, Durre Shahwar, Manjali, or DeD...shows that push him as an actor..he's really good. With Fawad, he's good with the boy next door kind of roles..they come to him naturally. Fawad also uses his eyes a lot to enact a scene. Mikaal seems more like a method actor...while Fawad is more instinctive. Unfortunately, Fawad hasn't explored himself as much as Mikaal..I think Mikaal only got better with diversity..he has had to push himself. Fawad has never done that.
starstruckk thumbnail
I actually don't enjoy much of Mikaals romance as much as I enjoy his acting in other parts of his performance ..that's where Fawad takes the cake. I like Adeel's way of romancing too..off topic, I know..but I think Adeel is underrated as a romantic hero.
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
If I had to really choose in these two people only then Mikaal on the basis of versatility because Fawad is a better actor
But other wise Nauman and Fahad..
Edited by -MakhanMalaai- - 9 years ago
MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Critical Connoisseurs

versatility itself is a subjective term as per me.., it can either be a repertoire of work spreading into diverse character sketches and performing the same "with elan" and atleast ensuring above average performances in all, doesnt just mean one chooses 2381926182 different roles, but doesnt come out with flying colours in any? thats just as if, "jack of all trades and master of none" ,

OR, versatility could also mean enacting out similar roles, DIFFERENTLY..that too is a mark of versatility and shows capability of an actor to bring different nuances into characters, inspite of there not being much difference in the way the character sketch is on paper..
Coming to mikaal, he has a large body of work..he has done lots and lots of shows, in comparison to fawad..and I dont claim to watch everything he has done..but whatever I have, TBH, m not a fan of his acting in whatever I did see..

Shehre zaat - he sleepwalked through salman's role in SEZ, no change in voice modulation, no change in expressions throughout the show;

MSK - I know m in minority for saying this, but I did not like his performance as nabeel in MSK - in all honesty, adeel as zeeshan walked away as the star of the show, inspite of limited screen time, coz IMO he was the better actor there, and thats just my opinion, nobody has to agree with it

PJP, Mirat ul uroos, were again average fares from his performance POV, it was saba and ahsan who stood out in PJP and aamina in Mirat..

DES, Laa are two shows where I think he gave good performances..Laa being his career best..
I have nothing against mikaal, he is a looker and as a girl, its enough for me to drool on him, but he and imran are two actors, whose looks are more effective than acting..and they are good on and off..but not always..
+++++++++++++++++

coming to fawad..yes he is widely believed to be non versatile..but as I believe and the way i see it, inspite of portraying lover boy roles - how is it that an asher doesnt remind one of zaroon or hassan doesnt remind one of asher or zaroon..he doesnt carry "residual values" of any role from his TV work...

its easy to see how he changes his nuances, body language, even manner of dialogue delivery with every character...asher's mannerisms way of getting angry/ sad/ romancing/ flirting is different from zaroon's and from hassan's or Jo's..and clearly thats an actor's doing..to bring out variations in performances along with director's inputs..

and I know that Numm is not highly regarded..but per me, its not a bad show and fawad has given a very very nuanced and effective performance in it..he doesnt even have more than 20 dialogues in the 18 odd episodes, but he communicates wali's angst through his eyes..and can I say thats just effing brilliant!👏👏 what finnesse as a performer! and what he is underrated for, is his comic timing..he is very good with it in KPKPBT and armaan (yet to watch akbari..), and I wish he gets to explore that as well..

he has been selective with his work, even though he has been around for a long time..but whatever he has done..he has transitioned in and out of the roles very very well! so yes, HE IS VERSATILE FOR ME!

+++++++++++
and OT I LOVEEE adeel hussain a lot..and I really wish he would be more recognized..after fawad, if there is one guy who has a natural charming screen presence and a good control over his voice and dialogue delivery..its him..if he was good as a good samaritan in daam, MSK, Mere naseeb, silvatein, he was even better as the grey shaded/ negative jamshed in Jackson Heights..we need more of this guy

Edited by Hiral_Halwa - 9 years ago
khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Hiral_Halwa

versatility itself is a subjective term as per me.., it can either be a repertoire of work spreading into diverse character sketches and performing the same "with elan" and atleast ensuring above average performances in all, doesnt just mean one chooses 2381926182 different roles, but doesnt come out with flying colours in any? thats just as if, "jack of all trades and master of none" ,

OR, versatility could also mean enacting out similar roles, DIFFERENTLY..that too is a mark of versatility and shows capability of an actor to bring different nuances into characters, inspite of there not being much difference in the way the character sketch is on paper..
Coming to mikaal, he has a large body of work..he has done lots and lots of shows, in comparison to fawad..and I dont claim to watch everything he has done..but whatever I have, TBH, m not a fan of his acting in whatever I did see..

Shehre zaat - he sleepwalked through salman's role in SEZ, no change in voice modulation, no change in expressions throughout the show;

MSK - I know m in minority for saying this, but I did not like his performance as nabeel in MSK - in all honesty, adeel as zeeshan walked away as the star of the show, inspite of limited screen time, coz IMO he was the better actor there, and thats just my opinion, nobody has to agree with it

PJP, Mirat ul uroos, were again average fares from his performance POV, it was saba and ahsan who stood out in PJP and aamina in Mirat..

DES, Laa are two shows where I think he gave good performances..Laa being his career best..
I have nothing against mikaal, he is a looker and as a girl, its enough for me to drool on him, but he and imran are two actors, whose looks are more effective than acting..and they are good on and off..but not always..
+++++++++++++++++

coming to fawad..yes he is widely believed to be non versatile..but as I believe and the way i see it, inspite of portraying lover boy roles - how is it that an asher doesnt remind one of zaroon or hassan doesnt remind one of asher or zaroon..he doesnt carry "residual values" of any role from his TV work...

its easy to see how he changes his nuances, body language, even manner of dialogue delivery with every character...asher's mannerisms way of getting angry/ sad/ romancing/ flirting is different from zaroon's and from hassan's or Jo's..and clearly thats an actor's doing..to bring out variations in performances along with director's inputs..

and I know that Numm is not highly regarded..but per me, its not a bad show and fawad has given a very very nuanced and effective performance in it..he doesnt even have more than 20 dialogues in the 18 odd episodes, but he communicates wali's angst through his eyes..and can I say thats just effing brilliant!👏👏 what finnesse as a performer! and what he is underrated for, is his comic timing..he is very good with it in KPKPBT and armaan (yet to watch akbari..), and I wish he gets to explore that as well..

he has been selective with his work, even though he has been around for a long time..but whatever he has done..he has transitioned in and out of the roles very very well! so yes, HE IS VERSATILE FOR ME!

+++++++++++
and OT I LOVEEE adeel hussain a lot..and I really wish he would be more recognized..after fawad, if there is one guy who has a natural charming screen presence and a good control over his voice and dialogue delivery..its him..if he was good as a good samaritan in daam, MSK, Mere naseeb, silvatein, he was even better as the grey shaded/ negative jamshed in Jackson Heights..we need more of this guy

Oh wow! u put is so well and I totally agree with your take on versatility. BTW Fawad is my fav., but I like Mikaal too and in both their cases I haven't seen all their work, and Mikaal has been impressive in DeD, but as u said it's the subtle nuances,changing of body language and voice modulation that shows the versatility of an actor and Fawad wins hands down for me too.
Raindrops. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
In my opinion Adeel and Hamza are better actors than Meekal. Meekal's best performance by far was Man Jali...he is good but I don't find him extraordinary in comparison to his fellow actors.
grey23 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
umm fawad is better actor than mikal but i think mikal is more versatile than fawad..mikal is outstanding in case of choosing different kind of roles and enacting them brilliantly..so for ur question i will vote for mikal in case of versatility
but as a actor i think fawad is better..he is best in doing romantic roles...i would say he is ( well was) king of romance of Pakistani drama..
i liked mikal in des...what a performance he gave..in sez also he gave brilliant performance..it takes guts to choose these types of roles...