-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
Hello lovely people 😳 !
I just wanted to share my thoughts on something that I see happening nowadays in Pakistan TV Industry n of course wanted to get your opinion regarding the same.

Recently I have witnessed many shows that are based on the same storyline. Like exact same thing.. Just cast is different ( that too mostly aren't.. We get to see same faces too there 😆 ). Being an audience, I don't find it appealing or attractive AT ALL. Like why on earth we would like to see SAME thing multiple times ?! 😕
Par theek hai.. This thing isn't that big.. What bothers me is the " THEME " itself which is copied ! A theme which makes no sense completely.. Is being copied n that too in many projects. Like woww.. Lack of ideas for the writers it seems.. :S

Why I am saying all this n what themes actually I am talking about.. Well, I am gonna mention them below.. N what I think of them :

- the most famous so called 'Doosri Biwi' theme : This is the thing that we see in any other show nowadays.. Like a show starts with the concept of Humsafar, that a Sara lover a Ashar who falls for a Khirad ( love happens before or after marriage ).. Then after some years the guy regrets his decision n suddenly decides to remarry to the first girl !?! N then we have two biwis around in a miyaan fighting to own their aklota husband .. :/
The thing I find more pathetic is that a Hassan is happily married to a Ashi with a kid, there is simply no problem at all in their lives.. Then suddenly a Farah happens n then the Hassan, the saviour, reaches there to say 'Qubool Hai' n brings her home !? N expects the Ashi to act normal accepting the doosri biwi !?! :S Like firstly WHY ON EARTH n HOW a husband can do doosri shaadi without his first wife's consent !?! I JUST DON'T get that !! Showing this in the name of religion that Islam says 4 marriages are allowed for men is nothing but crap ! Islam also says that IF u can MANAGE a second one n do justice to them THEN ONLY do it.. Else u should AVOID it ! So this whole thing gets on my nerves. This is WRONG what they are showing. It has alot of impact on the society. Like nowadays I have a feeling that shaadi kabhi bhi, kisi se bhi , kahin bhi hosakti hai.. Without anyone's permission !!

- the famous bride's kidnapping: this is the thing I HATE THE MOST these days. Every other drama has THIS as main theme. A girl, a boy.. Are both HAPPY to get married n stuff.. The wedding day, bride gets kidnapped n then comes back home the next day. The dulha n susral don't let her enter n start putting false allegations !?! Even assume she was raped .. Like WHAT THE !!??? The classic example of this whole scenario is Mere Khuda ( 😡 ) I felt so disgusted at that concept n blah blah ahead they showed the hubby being the jerk.. The most cruel with his blames.. Jab k he witnessed that kidnapping :O
N the most annoying thing is that we have a bunch of shows airing nowadays with SAME concept.. Like WTH -_________-

What my point is,mthat the makers should think once before putting anything to a drama. We may say say that I m so much thinking about it n itz just a show for the purpose of entertainement. But for me, nowadays, TV reflects our society n it IS a mean to reform people of our society. In this case, showing this kind of stuff can harm many lives.. I myself saw it.. Dramas DO have influence in our daily lives.. Sometimes, I too think that regarding a matter, Itz wiser to react like the person reacted in a show.. So yeah.. We should be very careful on what we r showing on TV noadays..

Do share ur thoughts, n tell me if I m wrong somewhere :)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I personally that shows based on novels only have a meaningful story mostly nowadays.. Warna there r very less shows like that, produced nowadays... Sab ki same story n that too gheesi peeti.. That makes NO SENSE literally 😕

This one having girl being kidnapped n then her family not believing her n blah can be copied OK.. But show it in a better way.. Like the guy DOES trust her.. N stand by her at any cost..do marry her, respect her like before.. Coz for me, if u decided to marry someone, itz when u know him better.. N u show trust in him/her.. But showing that after any such incident on wedding day of before wedding.. Guy too steps back is soo dangerous to show.. People CAN follow that in real life too.. N it scares me so much..
Edited by RisingAsh - 9 years ago
grey23 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
yes completely agree with ur post ash...the channels r coming up with repetitive storylines and themes..that too the themes which make no sense at all...and i agree with you dramas do have influence in society...so when they are showing something negative like hasan's act in dusri biwi in positive light then they really should be careful about this..this may led birth of another hasan in real life who will not hesitate now to do such act coz he will think he is right...these dramas might not have direct influences but they do have implicit influence..
and coming to dusri biwi..it was the worst drama i have ever seen..😡
sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
TV has become too formulaic nowadays. One show with a certain theme becomes a hit and BAM! All across of every channel we start getting the same theme shows with the same kind of acting, characters, situations. Buss thoda sa change kar lete hain. Before the Doosri Biwi trope there was a bharmaar of Two Sisters Loving One Guy trope. It is still there in the dramas but with less intensity.

Ask the producers why they are doing this and we get the answer - TRP. Jo bikta hai, wo hi chalta hai. Two wives, zaalim saas, mazloom bahu, sisters hating on each other, shukk, extra marital affairs etc...these themes sell to the TRP audience it seems. So we only get stuff like these all across the TV with the claims ke log yehi dekhna chahte hain. Funny thing is, when these shows are over..no one remembers them.

TV has become such an economic medium that no one is really interested in doing quality work anymore. Apart from a few actors who only want to do quality work, everyone else is on the bandwagon to do more and more. Quantity over quality has become the thing for them. Same faces with the same stories are plastered all over the TV.

And it's not like repeating themes is a bad thing. Interpreting them in the same way is what messes things up. It all boils down to how the writer makes use of the trope. But then again, the lazy factor comes in again. Rather than writing intriguing characters in the same situation, we get wohi same se characters in same se situations. How can it make any impact then?

Pakistani TV used to be GREAT. It completely took over the Indian TV which had ruled the country for many years. On the same day in the same time slot, we used to get such a variety of dramas ke confuse hojate the ke kya kya dekhen? There was always something good airing on every day. But now? Everything is just the same.

No media is separate from the society. Television specially for it reflects the society, it takes people from the society, situations from the society. Entertainment doesn't mean that the things shown on TV have people and situations from Mars. I am not against entertainment, I am always a mainstream entertainment fan than of the artsy kind of shows. But for God's sake, show some solid, memorable entertainment.
.Sunrise. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
One of my friends has totally different concept about Pak shows He always says y r Pak shows popular when the only thing they show is a Doosri shadi :p
I don't even remember which doosri biwi show was so popular that it has become a monotonous trend now
cimba thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
agree with TV will show what sells. I am too turned to apkistani tv for their positive message and better story lines. So far i am not watching too many of the new shows ... still trying to catch up to old classy...
off the topic but cant stand woman mazloom and its ok to accept it.
I cant satnd is dusri biwi business... is it the same society which accepts the second marriage gladly and calls it legal but god for bid woman get kidnapped she is shunned. she is touched by another man... Diff laws for man and woman. man is born with gud ka laddu in the mouth and woman is born with karele ka chilka... why are we not giving equal rights but hate that for something less than equal when comes to respect. What kills me is that woman also accept gladly that the name of religion men are allowed to have four wives but we cant cheat on husband (in case of kidnapping).this is centuries and generations of brain washing by our elders, religious head honchoes and so forth. male baby is brought up feeling superior and girl child is brought up knowing aisa to hota hai and she is the one has to suffer ... (look in to our own houses it happened to most of us compare how mom/grand ma raised girl VS boy) this is also tought by mothers and grand mothers. 😡 I was told that there are more girl child than a man child but that is not true any more since the days of Ultra sound... woman does not need day to day mental torture of being second and third wife to get food on plate or for shelter no longer ,she works outside of home... it is utter psychological torture and one will always be left finding her place in man's life after multiple marriages. what laws and norms applied and worked for society in stonehenges does not apply no longer.
this is not just the stories but the reality of our society and as i grow older i see it more and more obvious. we are forced to accept the writing of books and scriptures which were written so long ago when people 's food, shelter and clothes were the only thing around.(basic roti ,kapda or makaan) men would go hunting and get food home that were the days when the writtings are from and now things have evolved but the we follow same good old religion on the name of keeping women second class citizens. only way to change this is by getting education and be self reliant. woman need to support each other and get lot and lot self confidence.
I want to see more of Kankar, rehai and Daagh where woman does wake up and take a stand for her self. i want parents and inlaws to support woman. positive and uplifting messages.
some might find my views strong. it is not about equal rights but just getting the respect and place in society as a woman. dard aurat ko bhi hota hai.
Edited by cimba - 9 years ago
obsessiveperson thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Bang on post Ash. Totally agree with everything you said.
I will post my views later for sure.
Introverted thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Yeah totally tired of the same concepts..this is why i am not watching too many shows except one or two.which are likable for me.otherwise same ghisi pitti stories shadi,bachay multiple mrgs and two husbands or two wives..atleast they should show something new from which we can learn something for surviving in the society..especially for girls..
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
The writing should be left to the writers, all the wannabe's should just quit.
Pak tv goes through phases, after maat every show was about sisters, now its doosri biwi and same ghissa pitta triangles, where the one who doesnt get the guy makes life miserable for the couple.

That is why MNYH and Dayar e dil are such a breath of fresh air.
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
I dont mind cousin romance doosri biwi concept if they r backed by logical twists turns and good screenplay but shows like rang laga and doosri biwi which were so much hyped but which made a mockery of the doosri shaadi concept shud b banned

Its jus utter disgusting

Then comes the BRIDE KIDNAPPING TRACK which is like the most popular concept now

I watched mere khuda for agha ali and sumbul but same story even the recent fq mawra maryam main theme is this and the new hum tv show muqaddas also has this theme

I mean like common yaar

Then on the contrary i cant blame the channels and writers always coz now there r so many channels so many time slots so many serials running simultaneously in different channels

How different is it possible to be

Too much of a quantity ruins the quality

And thats what is happening now

Now channels r also launching new shows at 9 pm and 7 pm slot
Whereas before it was jus the 8pm slot

Other slots had low budget programs but now a days they r running high budget shows on 9 pm slots as well

Before it was jus hum tv ary geo

But now there is hum sitaray geo kahani ary zindagi channels which also air new shows everyday

How many different stories can they write

Its not possible

They shud limit the quantity to maintain the quality