FloydLover thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Enough has been said about the beauty of language Pakistani dramas employee and I can't help but feel that these dramas are much like reading. They leave you with so many profound thoughts to think about and give you a taste of reality!
I watched Humsafar in the first year of my college and fell head over heels for Asher but only till the 7th episode. After that our love was for naught. But Zaroon galloped in at the right time and I was charmed again. Even Kashasf's thoughts felt as if someone was reading the truth of my reality.

Then I left watching Pakistani dramas because I couldn't find anything worthy. Then Maat happened. I can't tell you how I loved that drama. If anything has touched me as much, it has to be the novel A Thousand Splendid Suns!

Ah, coming to the point of this post, I just wanted to get a few recommendations for watching Pakistani dramas. I don't have any preferences but I heard good things about Kankar. Do pitch in your views. Thanks!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

grey23 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
watch dastan, daam,kankar,mere humdum mere dost,qaid e tanhai,durre shawar..all of them r just awesome..realistic approach,awesome performances and wonderful scripts..u'll love them
FloydLover thumbnail

Originally posted by: grey23

watch dastan, daam,kankar,mere humdum mere dost,qaid e tanhai,durre shawar..all of them r just awesome..realistic approach,awesome performances and wonderful scripts..u'll love them

Thank you for the prompt reply! I will start with one soon, then. :-)
grey23 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
don't forget to post your reviews here after you finish watching them 😊
sofiaax thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
i agree with the suggestions above :) and i have these also Khuda Aur Mohabbat, Mera Naseeb, Digest Writer,Pyarey Afzal, Alvida
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

I was going to suggest the same, Daam is not available in a good print but its awesome.
-Lostindreams thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

These are must, just watched Dur-e-shahwar again with my husband, wht a drama
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Do watch Mere Meherbaan as well.. ❤️
FloydLover thumbnail
Thank you for your suggestions, folks.

I just finished with Kankar. It was quite a poignant tale and the slap Kiran gives to Sikander felt very satisfying. Although I liked Adnan's character a lot initially, the way he completely bailed out towards the end of the series frustrated me. Waade toh usne bhi kuch jhoote hi kiye na.

Is anyone of you from Pakistan? I have a few questions regarding the way women live there.

1) Do all women wear suits/ sarees? Is wearing jeans or skirts considered very outlandish?

2) Is a women not free to have male friends after she marries?

3) Is it customary to hold hands and make promises to one's bride at the night of the wedding?

4)What is your opinion about the way women are portrayed in Pakistani dramas? How close is it to reality?

Edited by FloydLover - 9 years ago
Gujar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: FloydLover

Thank you for your suggestions, folks.

I just finished with Kankar. It was quite a poignant tale and the slap Kiran gives to Sikander felt very satisfying. Although I liked Adnan's character a lot initially, the way he completely bailed out towards the end of the series frustrated me. Waade toh usne bhi kuch jhoote hi kiye na.

Is anyone of you from Pakistan? I have a few questions regarding the way women live there.

1) Do all women wear suits/ sarees? Is wearing jeans or skirts considered very outlandish?

2) Is a women not free to have male friends after she marries?

3) Is it customary to hold hands and make promises to one's bride at the night of the wedding?

4)What is your opinion about the way women are portrayed in Pakistani dramas? How close is it to reality?

How did you find this drama this was my most favourite one in recent times, good concept, good issue, tremendously acted very potent powerful acting from the entire cast, Sanam who played Kiran had the main role and did great justice, but for me Fahad the guy who played Sikander, was just something special, such a hard character to portray it could've easily gone OTT, but he played it with such immaculate subtlety, with his expressions.