Is Clean Master stealing Data of Bollywood and Cricket Stars?

kashifkidunya thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Hello Everyone,
Is Clean Master really stealing Data?
Today one of my friend shared information about Clean Master when he saw me using this APP on my smartphone and news that he shares was alarming and surprising for me. He told me that American credible Tech news blog shared information that Clean master is stealing data from android devices of its users. Million of people are on risk and users are unaware of this as i was. 
My question is whether they are accessing data of Bollywood stars or cricket stars?

It reported that after the forced installation, CM Security-AppLock & AntiVirus automatically get the users 29 privacy permissions, including call logs, text messages, contact lists, etc. After obtaining this information cheetah mobile's movement is unknown, users are faced with a huge privacy risks.

This is not only threat for general public but also for public figures, politicians, celebrities and journalists. I have also seen trend of this news in many countries newspaper as they are publishing this news. This scandal hits Clean Master badly and exposed their data usage from their users. 

Do you agree with this? if you don't agree please let me know what is the purpose of Clean Master to access our data. Gizmodo reported that cheetah mobile obtained permissions include a deep personal privacy, such as contacts, text messages, call logs, etc. Main products of cheetah mobile like Clean Master and CM Security involve such issues. They profit by stealing users' privacy information, and recommend relevant ads to users according to the users' habits.
Thank you 

Edited by kashifkidunya - 9 years ago