Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: starstruckk

@ Hajmola: I agree with many of your points, while disagreeing with some..but you're not understanding this from a Pakistani viewer's standpoint.

HMJ or even BRA may seem lame in front of a Bollywood film today..but add Fawad in that as a lead somewhere and it CAN create an impact at a different level. If any of these films release internationally, who's to say these films wouldn't bring in audiences because of a Fawad regardless of anything else? Priority is bringing in audiences to view Pakistani films, and Fawad being a part of that is very integral. Pakistani films are NOT at the same level as Indian films..to even think that they look like a YRF/Johar film from the 90s is making an unfair comparison. What we see in Bollywood won't happen in Pakistan until years and years late because the Pakistani film industry is STILL progressing. Fawad is NOT a part of it yet. and I don't think it's because of the content..but rather because of other factors such as money and fame...with what he's getting in Bollywood, why resort back to a project in Pakistan? This is my personal opinion and I'm sure many other Fawad fans may disagree..but this is what I feel. Producers have had trouble signing him off on certain endorsements in Pakistan because of money..because he charges way too much. Fawad has always been like this and somewhere I feel he doesn't have his priorities straight in Pakistan.

Coming to Ali Zafar, I don't take this guy seriously and never have. He's not even an actor, never was..but Bollywood makes you do weird things.

The bold bit is the real problem. Looking at it from Fawad's POV he is 33 already. Everyone is saying it will take atleast 5 years for industry in Pakistan to revive. Thats the minimum...and it may or may not. It will depend on lots of external factors. By the time Pakistani films are a big thing Fawad would be around 40. He would have passed his age to do well in BW and even Pakistan as younger folks would come in. Fawad himself has seen this rise and fall in the Pakistani music industry which seemed to be reviving a while back but is back in doldrums now.
From Fawad's POV he is making the best of the opportunities he is getting which he might not get later. He can perhaps invest back as a producer or in some production facilities and perhaps use his influence to get Indian knowhow in filmmaking for Pakistani filmmakers. But I dont see him really doing much as an actor atm in Pakistan. For that he has to get a mind blowing script IMO.
Edited by .Hajmola. - 9 years ago
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: .Hajmola.

The bold bit is the real problem. Looking at it from Fawad's POV he is 33 already. Everyone is saying it will take atleast 5 years for industry in Pakistan to revive. Thats the minimum...and it may or may not. It will depend on lots of external factors. By the time Pakistani films are a big thing Fawad would be around 40. He would have passed his age to do well in BW and even Pakistan as younger folks would come in. Fawad himself has seen this rise and fall in the Pakistani music industry which seemed to be reviving a while back but is back in doldrums now.
From Fawad's POV he is making the best of the opportunities he is getting which he might not get later. He can perhaps invest back as a producer or in some production facilities and perhaps use his influence to get Indian knowhow in filmmaking for Pakistani filmmakers. But I dont see him really doing much as an actor atm in Pakistan. For that he has to get a mind blowing script IMO.

I m becoming a big fan of urs hajmola

Each n every point u said goes with why Fawad is doing Bollywood and as u said making the best of the opportunities

Plus he never said he will quit pak industry

Jus the coming two years he will be busy with Bollywood then I m sure he will do a few pak projects