Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Raindrops. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
TBH I don't feel Pakistani artists can last long term in BW, there was a lot of hype about Ali Zafar initially but he has hardly had any success. Mostly he has ended up playing second fiddle in all these big banner flop movies
Ali is now taking a break from bollywood lol
http://tribune.com.pk/story/880169/taking-break-from-bollywood-ali-zafar-decides-to-focus-on-pakistani-films/
Apart from Fawad I don't see anyone making an impact in longer run, it also remains to be seen where he stands in a few years time
But bollywood is hardly a stable zone for our actors when even our relations with India have never been stable so surely you can't rely just on that.
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
@ Hajmola: I agree with many of your points, while disagreeing with some..but you're not understanding this from a Pakistani viewer's standpoint.

HMJ or even BRA may seem lame in front of a Bollywood film today..but add Fawad in that as a lead somewhere and it CAN create an impact at a different level. If any of these films release internationally, who's to say these films wouldn't bring in audiences because of a Fawad regardless of anything else? Priority is bringing in audiences to view Pakistani films, and Fawad being a part of that is very integral. Pakistani films are NOT at the same level as Indian films..to even think that they look like a YRF/Johar film from the 90s is making an unfair comparison. What we see in Bollywood won't happen in Pakistan until years and years late because the Pakistani film industry is STILL progressing. Fawad is NOT a part of it yet. and I don't think it's because of the content..but rather because of other factors such as money and fame...with what he's getting in Bollywood, why resort back to a project in Pakistan? This is my personal opinion and I'm sure many other Fawad fans may disagree..but this is what I feel. Producers have had trouble signing him off on certain endorsements in Pakistan because of money..because he charges way too much. Fawad has always been like this and somewhere I feel he doesn't have his priorities straight in Pakistan.

Coming to Ali Zafar, I don't take this guy seriously and never have. He's not even an actor, never was..but Bollywood makes you do weird things.

Edited by starstruckk - 9 years ago
starstruckk thumbnail
And Fawad recently rejected Dekh Magar Pyar Se opposite Humaima Malik...which Sikandar Rizvi is now roped in. Also, I understand that no actor wants to be stuck in dramas for their life..but Pakistani dramas have content that can allow you to add to your resume along with films. If we're going to subconsciously compare Pakistani and Indian films, then why not Pakistani and Indian shows as well? Pakistani tv shows are far more acceptable than any Indian show..and to take up one or two here and there every now and then is nothing shameful and our actors are aware of that. I can understand why a SSR would never resort back to an Indian soap..but here, even Fawad and Fahad would..there's a difference. And, let's be real..Pakistani shows for now have way more reach than Pakistani films anyway. Once again, tv shows are seen differently in Pakistan...and that's important to take note. With someone like Fahad, he has practically done everything in Pakistan at the age of 31..and even then, he's taking up another Pakistani film..producing Pakistani shows etc. I understand Fawad and Fahad are different, but what exactly is Fawad doing in Pakistan other than endorsements? Everyone does endorsements because they bring in easy money.

Mera Naam Yousuf Hai is probably the best thing that Imran Abbas has signed in the past few years..and I can easily say some of Fawad's upcoming Bollywood films wouldn't even offer such content..but yeah, they all offer more money and definitely more chances of fame. Besides, Fawad would never work for a channel like APlus unless they perhaps go bankrupt in paying for his acting fees.
Edited by starstruckk - 9 years ago
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: Raindrops.

TBH I don't feel Pakistani artists can last long term in BW, there was a lot of hype about Ali Zafar initially but he has hardly had any success. Mostly he has ended up playing second fiddle in all these big banner flop movies

Ali is now taking a break from bollywood lol
http://tribune.com.pk/story/880169/taking-break-from-bollywood-ali-zafar-decides-to-focus-on-pakistani-films/
Apart from Fawad I don't see anyone making an impact in longer run, it also remains to be seen where he stands in a few years time
But bollywood is hardly a stable zone for our actors when even our relations with India have never been stable so surely you can't rely just on that.

LOL Ali Zafar is more like flopping in Bollywood. 😆

It's pretty easy to come back running to Pakistan and take "a break from Bollywood" when nothing is going your way. Fawad takes up a Pakistani show when Karan Johar starts snubbing him in Bollywood..big deal...that's inevitable..come back to your safe zone when nothing's going your way in an industry.
starstruckk thumbnail
"I have done five films here and I feel I should use my experience there. I feel Pakistani film industry needs us," he said.

LOL suddenly Ali Zafar realizes how Pakistani film industry needs him?..after what? 7 years? when he starts flopping.
alizey89 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
There is nothing wrong to cross d border if u r getting good work and also good money
Patriotism is good but on screen and in india vs pak match...all artist crave for fame
Nd bollywood provides d platform for it.all of them will get good roles till d day they are young nd charming,after tht kaun puchta hain...they will return back home when they will have no work in their kitty...nd there is nthng wrong in it...y should they be the pioneer of reviving a countrie's cinema at the cost of their time nd money...
Raindrops. thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstruckk

LOL Ali Zafar is more like flopping in Bollywood. 😆

It's pretty easy to come back running to Pakistan and take "a break from Bollywood" when nothing is going your way. Fawad takes up a Pakistani show when Karan Johar starts snubbing him in Bollywood..big deal...that's inevitable..come back to your safe zone when nothing's going your way in an industry.

Well I think Fawad is a way better actor than Ali, Ali wasn't even a proper actor before bollywood...He was more known for his singing
Fawad is likely to have more success than Ali but with others I pretty much doubt that they can settle in bollywood that includes MK and Fahad
Doing a few films is a different thing but I don't think many of our stars are made for bollywood types, requirement in bollywood are completely different and it is such a competitive and big industry
To survive and come at top in a foreign industry is a very difficult task
Pakistani films have a long way to go...this includes finances, techniques and creativity but according to most people who are making films now it'll take at least five years to have a proper industry
Part of the reason there are not many cinemas in Pakistan, many of cinema houses were converted to shopping plazas post 80s
If you don't have too many cinemas you can't spend too much money on your film unless you have solid support in international markets. The reasons are purely financial, number of cinemas is likely to double in few years time so they'll have more cushion to spend
starstruckk thumbnail

Well I think Fawad is a way better actor than Ali, Ali wasn't even a proper actor before bollywood...He was more known for his singing
Fawad is likely to have more success than Ali but with others I pretty much doubt that they can settle in bollywood that includes MK and Fahad
Doing a few films is a different thing but I don't think many of our stars are made for bollywood types, requirement in bollywood are completely different and it is such a competitive and big industry
To survive and come at top in a foreign industry is a very difficult task
Pakistani films have a long way to go...this includes finances, techniques and creativity but according to most people who are making films now it'll take at least five years to have a proper industry
Part of the reason there are not many cinemas in Pakistan, many of cinema houses were converted to shopping plazas post 80s
If you don't have too many cinemas you can't spend too much money on your film unless you have solid support in international markets. The reasons are purely financial, number of cinemas is likely to double in few years time so they'll have more cushion to spend

Oh definitely..Fawad >>>>>>>> Ali Zafar

Ali Zafar can not act..as you said he was never an actor...he has barely done anything in Pakistan as an actor except for one drama serial and a telefilm if I'm not mistaken. Plus, contrary to popular belief..I don't find him good looking either.
Raindrops. thumbnail
And Maula Jutt is taking ages, Bilal takes so much time in making a film lol
I highly doubt Fawad is going to do Maula Jutt with the way things are going...Hamza needs to take up some project too, how long can he wait for Maula Jutt to start
I'd have thought Hamza would have been everywhere post PA but he rejected so much work and instead focused on politics and facebook :/
starstruckk thumbnail

And Maula Jutt is taking ages, Bilal takes so much time in making a film lol

I highly doubt Fawad is going to do Maula Jutt with the way things are going...Hamza needs to take up some project too, how long can he wait for Maula Jutt to start
I'd have thought Hamza would have been everywhere post PA but he rejected so much work and instead focused on politics and facebook :/

I don't understand Bilal Lishari. He doesn't even seem to be that great of a director. I agree, at this rate, I don't see Fawad doing Maula Jutt. And what is Hamza doing except for making a post every other hour on facebook? 😆

Even though Hamza makes annoying posts on facebook which make him seem like a hypocrite a lot of times..I still like the guy! I hope he takes up something soon. I like watching him onscreen. He's a good actor also.