Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: Hiral_Halwa

shreya - yeah and his 'own' production wale shows have been lacking too..basically the TV industry itself is going through a burnout phase and suffering of lack of writing..and is cashing whatever it is, on recycling of been there done that tracks ..fair enough that he wants to get into movies

@starstruckk - im not doubting fahad's resume and diaspora of work, all m saying is that the trend of getting considered and opting for movies over shows, pretty much gained momentum post fawad's debut and more importantly "acceptance and love from the indian audience"..which wasnt there before..coz even ali zafar, meera, veena, imran entered before him, but dint make this much of an impact..

ofcoz zindagi telecasting its shows around the same time made it huge..and yes fahad gained from it as well..but just saying fawad made it easier for his peers to enter after him..

and then most of his contemporaries want to do movies even for lollywood..over drama given a chance..and there were rumours about maula jutt with him and hamza..so there may be some truth to him considering pak movies too?

He has a cameo in HMJ too..so its not like he is cutting himself off completely..did I say m hoping adeel too gets a chance in BW😳😆

I don't have a problem with Fawad working in Bollywood..or anyone else for that matter. I have a problem with Fawad kind of neglecting to do work in Pakistan on the side also. He has done nothing in the past 2 years..but he has many Bollywood projects lined up, and some actually seem really lame to be honest. At least the other actors still are doing whatever they always were on the side. If Fawad doesn't want to do dramas, that's fine..but what about Pakistani films? Fahad's a producer now..he earns a lot of money through his productions and his game show, he doesn't really need to act if he doesn't want to (he's merely 31 and has a production house!)..and he actually has voiced his sentiments on taking a break from dramas way before..he actually made headlines once that he's quitting which he had to take back at one point. He continues to do Pakistani films and produces Pakistani shows...so I like how he's trying to balance everything. Fawad on the other hand, is only doing Bollywood films...and yes, I want him to do Pakistani work also. I don't see how that's a problem..he started off from Pakistan and whatever he is at the moment has a lot to do with the work he has showcased in Pakistani projects.

A cameo is nothing...Fawad has turned down a lot of lead roles in many films. Not to mention, Asim wanted Fawad as one of the leads for his film..Asim and Fawad are friends..I'm sure if Fawad couldn't take up a lead part, the least he could do for a friend is a cameo.
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: Raindrops.

Btw I did hear one of his interviews where he said he'll be making a romeo juliet type love story with Khaleel ur Rehman Qamar

Wonder what happened with that ?

I feel like every other show of KUR's is some version of Romeo and Juliet. 😆..but, yeah, if Fahad can rope in KUR too that also would be great.
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: Raindrops.

I am missing Umera, Sarmad and Haissam so much. Part of the reason TV has been suffering is because these people are not working since two to three years

I hope Haissam show does materialize, missing SB on TV...she has been away way too long. Haissam and Mikaal wow that'll be a great team again after DeS

I miss the same people as well. Sadly, Umera isn't going to write anything for tv anymore post Master aur Afsar and Sarmad seems to have stopped directing tv shows. And, I really hope to see Mikaal and Sanam again.

I'll be really upset if Umera really does stop writing dramas. I anxiously await to see who's casted in Master aur Afsar.
Edited by starstruckk - 9 years ago
BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Sarmad's directing the Sarmad Sehbai script for TV currently with Meesha Shafi and Umair Jaswal.
Whatever happened to Haissam's script with Shehryar and two new girls?
Also wasn't Hamza in Master Aur Afsar? And is Sanam B confirmed for it?
Raindrops. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: BlackStar.

Sarmad's directing the Sarmad Sehbai script for TV currently with Meesha Shafi and Umair Jaswal.
Whatever happened to Haissam's script with Shehryar and two new girls?
Also wasn't Hamza in Master Aur Afsar? And is Sanam B confirmed for it?

Hmm first time I am hearing about Hamza in Master aur afsar and really Sanam baloch too ? Where is all this news coming from
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: starstruckk

Fahad has acted in Pakistani films, has been a drama actor since 2002, has hosted one of Pakistan's first ever game show, has a production house where he produces Pakistani shows and is practically a shareholder of ARY Digital. Fawad has done nothing close to what Fahad has done in Pakistan and probably never will. Fawad has opened doors for Pakistani actors..but Fawad is arguably the only one who's more or less only focused on Bollywood. Also, Zindagi has helped Pakistani actors become more recognized in India, not just Fawad..and I'm sure these actors are getting offers based off of their own resumes and not Fawad's. Going to Bollywood is inevitable for many stars in Pakistan if they get the offers, but neglecting Pakistani work in the process is a little weird and actually pretty annoying.

Fawad is focussed on BW as far as films are concerned because unlike his compatriots he has definitely made the most impact in India. He is a recognized face among the urban audiences. Plus he is getting good offers in BW-with A list PHs like Dharma, Excel in lead roles opposite A listers. No one else has got the kind of acceptance among Indian audiences in general and industry in particular as Fawad has. So obviously he will focus more on BW.
Fawad's hype has definitely helped other Pakistanis wanting a break in BW. Thats the reason why both his costars Mahira and Sanam Saeed was asked to audition for a role opposite SRK. The makers were obviously watching his shows.
Obviously everyone is getting work on their own merit but that initial push is being given by Fawad's hype.
TheRager thumbnail

Fahad has said that he doesn't want to do dramas only for the past several years. He even quit in between and then made a statement that he will take up a new show, and so far he only works for his own productions probably to save money. So, Bollywood isn't the reason why he's saying this..he has said this over the past years even before Fawad went to Bollywood.

I never said that Fahad is saying it because of Fawad. I said Fahad and Fawad are basically saying the same thing. That there is no satisfaction in dramas as an artist. Plus every artist wants a bigger audience and for Pakistani artist provides the same.
TheRager thumbnail

I don't have a problem with Fawad working in Bollywood..or anyone else for that matter. I have a problem with Fawad kind of neglecting to do work in Pakistan on the side also. He has done nothing in the past 2 years..but he has many Bollywood projects lined up, and some actually seem really lame to be honest.

But what really is there for him in Pakistan? I had heard he rejected films like BRA and HMJ. The former looks like films Chopras and Johars made in the 1990s and the latter like an extended paint commercial with some amateurish dancing. I dont think he really lost out much by not doing these films. The members of this forum have themselves said the dramas of recent times havent been great shakes. If its lame BW vs lame Lollywoood anyone sane would prefer the former as bigger money and audience is involved. BW movies anyways release in Pakistan so its not as if Pakistani audiences will not see him at all.

At least the other actors still are doing whatever they always were on the side. If Fawad doesn't want to do dramas, that's fine..but what about Pakistani films? Fahad's a producer now..he earns a lot of money through his productions and his game show, he doesn't really need to act if he doesn't want to (he's merely 31 and has a production house!)..and he actually has voiced his sentiments on taking a break from dramas way before..he actually made headlines once that he's quitting which he had to take back at one point. He continues to do Pakistani films and produces Pakistani shows...so I like how he's trying to balance everything. Fawad on the other hand, is only doing Bollywood films...and yes, I want him to do Pakistani work also. I don't see how that's a problem..he started off from Pakistan and whatever he is at the moment has a lot to do with the work he has showcased in Pakistani projects.

Everyone has different style and pace of working. Taking SRK's and Hrithik's example. SRK makes 3 big films in the same time HR makes one. Plus SRK has his PH, cricket team, ten times more endorsements, event appearances, tv shows...you name it and he does it. HR in contrast you hardly see him around. But both are superstars in their own rights. Fawad might not be interested in production. He has said many times if not acting he would do direction later on. Plus if he had the liberty he would prefer to go back to music some day. He also has health problems and prefers remain focussed rather than spread himself thin doing too many things. Thats the reason why he left his music career as he couldnt manage both music and acting together. So while Fahad might be able to do lots of things...Fawad's style of working is different.

A cameo is nothing...Fawad has turned down a lot of lead roles in many films. Not to mention, Asim wanted Fawad as one of the leads for his film..Asim and Fawad are friends..I'm sure if Fawad couldn't take up a lead part, the least he could do for a friend is a cameo.

Fawad has said many times he is interested to do movies in Pakistan. I am sure if he gets a good script he will do it. But for now it seems he has rejected some really lame stuff which he was better off not doing.

Another thing is Fawad's bread and butter are his endorsements...he is much better off establishing himself as a BW star even from the monetary angle going by this article:
http://www.dawn.com/news/1145530

Also many Pakistani artists have themselves said there is a lot more appreciation for art and artists in India vs Pakistan. Thats one of the biggest reasons why they look towards India. I dont get why on Fawad is called out for it. Here is Ali Zafar's quote from this article: http://www.dawn.com/news/1152060

How is audience reception different in Pakistan and India?

AZ: Although I'm an optimist, at the same time I am also a realist and we must be honest with ourselves: all the most popular artists in Pakistan got to that level once they ventured into the Indian market.

Yes, they were well-known and admired in Pakistan, but they became stars when they tapped into the Indian market.

The reason behind this is that in Pakistan, the entertainment industry has neither developed as an industry nor has the perception of an artist. It'll take time for society to evolve and learn to appreciate art and artists.

Bollywood gives its stars value and appreciation. I'm not saying we don't get admiration and importance at home; it was Pakistan and Pakistanis alone who gave a lot of such stars their initial recognition, such as Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, Fawad Khan or Atif Aslam. However, to get to the next level, they had to make that leap and cross over to India.

There's no harm in accepting that our industry will take time to develop and it is working towards it. It's a process, a journey and it will eventually happen.

Edited by .Hajmola. - 9 years ago
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: .Hajmola.

Another thing is Fawad's bread and butter are his endorsements...he is much better off establishing himself as a BW star even from the monetary angle going by this article:
http://www.dawn.com/news/1145530

Also many Pakistani artists have themselves said there is a lot more appreciation for art and artists in India vs Pakistan. Thats one of the biggest reasons why they look towards India. I dont get why on Fawad is called out for it. Here is Ali Zafar's quote from this article: http://www.dawn.com/news/1152060

How is audience reception different in Pakistan and India?

AZ: Although I'm an optimist, at the same time I am also a realist and we must be honest with ourselves: all the most popular artists in Pakistan got to that level once they ventured into the Indian market.

Yes, they were well-known and admired in Pakistan, but they became stars when they tapped into the Indian market.

The reason behind this is that in Pakistan, the entertainment industry has neither developed as an industry nor has the perception of an artist. It'll take time for society to evolve and learn to appreciate art and artists.

Bollywood gives its stars value and appreciation. I'm not saying we don't get admiration and importance at home; it was Pakistan and Pakistanis alone who gave a lot of such stars their initial recognition, such as Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, Fawad Khan or Atif Aslam. However, to get to the next level, they had to make that leap and cross over to India.

There's no harm in accepting that our industry will take time to develop and it is working towards it. It's a process, a journey and it will eventually happen.

SUCH A BANG ON POST

AGREE WITH EACH AND EVERY WORD
Gujar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Fahad has pretty much done everything that needs to be done, he's reached that glass ceiling so to speak, so nothing wrong in him expanding his horizons, the man is an ace actor his emoting/expression of mood should be used as textbook study. BW however is a different ballgame, different arena. Hope he succeeds. If not, there's always something to turn back to.

Just wish he hadn't made those comments in the first place about not wanting to go to India, when invariably they'll U turn on their words. Khair. All the best for it.
Edited by Gujar - 9 years ago