Javed Sheikh shifts base to Mumbai

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago

Creative pull

Call it a co-incidence or a strategic move, Pakistani actor Javed Sheikh is shifting his base to Mumbai and also acting in a film titled, Karachi se Mumbai

Manpriya Singh

It doesn't take a split second for the political correctness to move out of the window and for the Pakistani actor to choose Bollywood over any other film industry."Why do you think this would have been a difficult question for me? I prefer, love and aspire for Bollywood any day," shares Javed Sheikh without any qualms or pretenses. The man, we might recall as Katrina's father in Namaste London, is currently seen in Zindagi TV's Meri Jaan Hai Tu. A tale of love and the journey of those who seek it, the story of Haniya, a care-free girl living in Chicago and Ibad, a perfect son who moves to the US from Pakistan to pursue his education at Columbia University. He shares, "I essay the role of Uzair, Ibad's father who disapproves of his son's relationship with the girl and disowns him."Playing the disapproving father came easy, it was the talent behind the camera that made him take up the role. "Playing the character wasn't difficult because I have been in the industry for 40 years now. But what made me take up the role were the people associated with the project," he shares. The serial is directed by Mehreen Jabbar and based on the novel Mata-e-Jaan Hai Tu.

Bollywood it is

Bollywood is an industry he has grown up admiring, for reasons more than one. "India has a huge heart and creates, accepts and hones artistes from all nationalities. They didn't think twice before offering the best debut award to Fawad Khan."However, "it'll take some time for this industry to truly explore my potential."

Shifting base

Coming up are a series of projects in Pakistan and a couple of films in Bollywood, one of which includes Imtiaz Ali's Tamasha. "In the film, I play Ranbir Kapoor's father. It is an exciting role and has been a great learning experience. Then there are also films with directors like Sajid Nadiadwala and Muzaffar Aziz."He adds, "As for Pakistan, I have as many as five films lined up, namely Wrong Number, in which I play a butcher, Halla Gulla, a comic caper in which I play a don, then Jawaani Phir Nahi Aani and Karachi Se Mumbai." Having said that, he's just bought a house in Lokhandwala. "I'm shifting base to Mumbai," he shares. Art can blur the divide that politics never will.

[email protected]

http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/life-style/creative-pull/74376.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Gujar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Would love to hear Mr Shaan Shahid's views on this 😆