Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: MissArshi-

He is so humble. And I like it that he balances both commercial and quality movies. As a producer , he is doing wonders too. Love him <3

I know him from his debut film. He struggled really hard to be where he is today. In his early days, my family hated him, now they are praising him. Thats Dhanush. 

Yes he's wonderful. Look at how he  praised the talentless fashionista just b/c they're good friends. πŸ˜†Thank God am not an obsessed fan-girl of anyone. πŸ˜†

He's a grade-A actor. I've watched his S Indian movies too & even though I don't speak the language, he was arresting. 
Edited by Mallika-E-Bhais - 9 years ago
LotusPetals thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Mallika-E-Bhais

Yes he's wonderful. Look at how he  praised the talentless fashionista just b/c they're good friends. πŸ˜†Thank God am not an obsessed fan-girl of anyone. πŸ˜†

He's a grade-A actor. I've watched his S Indian movies too & even though I don't speak the language, he was arresting. 

I'm not commenting about that πŸ˜†But he's always been praising his costars, however they are  :P
I havent watched 3, Raanjhanaa et al. Only comedy/commercial movies for me and be mind free πŸ˜†

I love his equation with the music director Anirudh. 

My respect for Dhanush grew because he himself was a struggling actor once. And now, he's being a great mentor for this ex anchor turned actor by producing blockbuster movies for him and so on πŸ˜³ ( the ex anchor is his school mate in 3 ). He is one of his closest friend now and he has absolutely no pride! 
rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

This is called modesty. Learnt well from his father in law. 

An acclaimed South Indian superstar, with a National award under his belt & the world raving about his talent is calling a talentless , extremely expensively dressed hack such as Sonam Kapoor, "a star." Very good, Sir Dhanush. 

But you know, i always got the vibe that Sonam treated him really well..Both Fawad & Dhanush have been very vocal about their praises for her much after their respective films released so it cannot just be for promotions right? Sonam might be an elitist snob but she does seem to treat her co-stars well..Especially if they are actors who are new to the place & have no friends around πŸ˜†

Originally posted by: rogerrocks

But you know, i always got the vibe that Sonam treated him really well..Both Fawad & Dhanush have been very vocal about their praises for her much after their respective films released so it cannot just be for promotions right? Sonam might be an elitist snob but she does seem to treat her co-stars well..Especially if they are actors who are new to the place & have no friends around πŸ˜†

Ya she has a massive crush on Fawad as so many people do. I didn't imply he does it for PR πŸ˜†, I said he's a very good friend. If you know what I mean. πŸ˜† πŸ˜† Ya Sonam loooves Fawad, Dhanush & Imran but who cares what she likes, pls stick to fashion, don't "grace" the screen. πŸ˜†
rogerrocks thumbnail

Ya she has a massive crush on Fawad as so many people do. I didn't imply he does it for PR πŸ˜†, I said he's a very good friend. If you know what I mean. πŸ˜† πŸ˜† Ya Sonam loooves Fawad, Dhanush & Imran but who cares what she likes, pls stick to fashion, don't "grace" the screen. πŸ˜†

Oh i know you din imply PR..What i meant was that most of these actors praise their co-stars & it borders on OTT exaggeration but here i have consistently seen both Fawad & Dhanush speak very fondly about how well Sonam treated them, so i said there must be some truth to it..Crush or no crush is secondary πŸ˜† 

Oh i know you din imply PR..What i meant was that most of these actors praise their co-stars & it borders on OTT exaggeration but here i have consistently seen both Fawad & Dhanush speak very fondly about how well Sonam treated them, so i said there must be some truth to it..Crush or no crush is secondary πŸ˜† 

...  I know theres truth to it, it's just funny when he praises her. πŸ˜† Truth or no truth comes second. πŸ˜†

And Fawad she treats extremely well b/c of the crush, I would leave him aside. But Imran & him, yes. πŸ˜†
rogerrocks thumbnail

...  I know theres truth to it, it's just funny when he praises her. πŸ˜† Truth or no truth comes second. πŸ˜†

And Fawad she treats extremely well b/c of the crush, I would leave him aside. But Imran & him, yes. πŸ˜†

If you notice, he said ' star' & not actor πŸ˜† And Dhanush may be a brilliant actor & a huge star down South but he was a newcomer as far as Bollywood is concerned before Ranjhanna released..Its a different thing that he managed to win over a lot of ppl with his brilliant performance but at the time of release, Sonam was defo the bigger star in Bollywood..So yeah, i actually think he made sense but then to each his own πŸ˜† 

If you notice, he said ' star' & not actor πŸ˜† And Dhanush may be a brilliant actor & a huge star down South but he was a newcomer as far as Bollywood is concerned before Ranjhanna released..Its a different thing that he managed to win over a lot of ppl with his brilliant performance but at the time of release, Sonam was defo the bigger star in Bollywood..So yeah, i actually think he made sense but then to each his own πŸ˜† 

LOL. If he was a an actor of medium fame then what you said would make sense. But being a National award winner, a brilliant actor & most importantly Rajni's SIL, makes all the difference. Hes equivalent to 10 Sonam Kapoor's. πŸ˜† That's like saying Ranbir Kapoor is debuting in South cinema b/c unfortunately coming from a reputed film family changes the whole game here in Indian cinema. πŸ˜†This is Rajnikanth we are talking about.  Nepotism & family name rules. Ya I did notice the 'star' bit but he's known to be exceedingly humble. Yes, to each his own.πŸ˜†
hiddenstar thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
he has a charming personality... sounds so modest and grounded always ...πŸ‘πŸΌ
TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I don't think Dhanush is mostly perceived as RajniKanth's son-in-law down South. πŸ˜• As in, yeah, people do know of the relation but Idk if we can say one of the biggest reasons why Dhanush is a bigger star is because of the family name! His work has been the sole reason for his stardom always. So I'm not sure about the family name part..
@roger : Do correct me if I'm wrong. I have very little knowledge about Dhanush's success and stardom. πŸ˜†