Question regarding the novel 'Bano'

.Sunrise. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
I have not read the novel but I have heard that there are somethings that are different in Dastaan than in the novel.
I want to know how was the relation of Hassan and Rabiya in the novel.
Was the Novel wala Hassan also drawn towards Rabiya?
What happened to Banos son?
How does bano die in the novel?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Sunrise. thumbnail
no one has read the novel?
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I haven't read the novel..but all I know is that for the show, they changed the ending. In the novel..Bano dies.
starstruckk thumbnail
I just realized that you already know that she died in the novel lol..I don't know how she died either. I don't think many people have read the novel here.
.Sunrise. thumbnail
Lol I wanted to know the Hassan Rabiya relationship
I remember reading it somewhere that Rabiya says that I became Hassans best friend but not his love.
The drama version was somewhat diff at one point u feel like he wants to love bano save her from the world but at the same time doesn't want to let go off rabiya
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
I haven't read the novel, but a friend of mine did, and she told me that in the end bano kills her son, another guy in Pakistan who tries to rape her and she dies in hassan's arms...do not know too much detail about how exactly did she die...I am glad they changed the killing her son part.
I cant answer the rabiya questions because i was never concerned with that...and I never asked my friend about her.
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Sunrise.

Lol I wanted to know the Hassan Rabiya relationship
I remember reading it somewhere that Rabiya says that I became Hassans best friend but not his love.
The drama version was somewhat diff at one point u feel like he wants to love bano save her from the world but at the same time doesn't want to let go off rabiya

I don't know how the relationships were portrayed in the novel..but in the show, whatever way Hassan was shown was only human. I don't think it's fair to have asked Hassan to live in Bano's memories till the end of time. Let's not forget that he started having feelings for Rabia when they all thought Bano had died. In reality, you'd only ask someone to try moving on if their partner had died because you kind of have to in life even though it's tough.

With that said, he never ever loved Rabia like he loved Bano. In the show, when it came down to choosing between the two..he chose Bano...and Rabia was full aware of that which is why she let it be at one point. I think it was also human of Hassan to not fully neglect Rabiya either because she wasn't just anybody either. He liked Rabia..a lot..but he never truly loved her. He truly, and sincerely loved Bano. Bano was Hassan's ishq and junoon and that's way beyond what he felt for Rabia. To have a soft spot for Rabia somewhere is fair enough ..because they did share a bond in between.. I liked how they showed Hassan in the show...his emotions were easy to relate to...but yeah, I too wonder what kind of relationship they shared in the novel. The fact is no one really cared about Rabia or Mehreen when the show aired to have really pondered about her lol.
Edited by starstruckk - 9 years ago
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: -shabz-

I haven't read the novel, but a friend of mine did, and she told me that in the end bano kills her son, another guy in Pakistan who tries to rape her and she dies in hassan's arms...do not know too much detail about how exactly did she die...I am glad they changed the killing her son part.

I cant answer the rabiya questions because i was never concerned with that...and I never asked my friend about her.

More than killing her son Part I m glad they changed the part where she fights with the paki guy who tries to rape her and kills him instead

This had more impact than showing her dying from a rape from a paki guy

I LUVED it how in the last end she says to hhassan that she killed basante

God that had a HUGE HUGE IMAPCT n shows that there r basantes in both sides of the border
.Sunrise. thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstruckk

I don't know how the relationships were portrayed in the novel..but in the show, whatever way Hassan was shown was only human. I don't think it's fair to have asked Hassan to live in Bano's memories till the end of time. Let's not forget that he started having feelings for Rabia when they all thought Bano had died. In reality, you'd only ask someone to try moving on if their partner had died because you kind of have to in life even though it's tough.

With that said, he never ever loved Rabia like he loved Bano. In the show, when it came down to choosing between the two..he chose Bano...and Rabia was full aware of that which is why she let it be at one point. I think it was also human of Hassan to not fully neglect Rabiya either because she wasn't just anybody either. He liked Rabia..a lot..but he never truly loved her. He truly, and sincerely loved Bano. Bano was Hassan's ishq and junoon and that's way beyond what he felt for Rabia. To have a soft spot for Rabia somewhere is fair enough ..because they did share a bond in between.. I liked how they showed Hassan in the show...his emotions were easy to relate to...but yeah, I too wonder what kind of relationship they shared in the novel. The fact is no one really cared about Rabia or Mehreen when the show aired to have really pondered about her lol.

I was not at all questioning hassan s love for Bano or whybhe was drawn towards Rabiya of course it is human nature and after what Hassan went through he deserved an emotional support at least I was only asking how it is in the novel