Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cimba thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
@USMAN
if you want to talk qaid e tanhai just get me . I can talk non stop about that. cant tell you how many times i have seen it. Some parts where the sentiments pour out of screen omg... speechless
exceptional drama ...my number one so far...
great story
very much real
happy ending
not over dramatic
great acting by all
direction
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Its quite an under-rated one.
zaniax thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Serena from Tanhaaiyan 2..I'm totally like her. Even have the same hairstyle..lol
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Syra Yousaf really nailed that character.
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I have just realised that In between all those shadi triangles developing in the beginning of this thread, i actually forgot to reply to the main post of yours Usman 😆.

To begin with, my most favourite characters HAVE TO BE Hasan from Dastaan n Yousuf from Mera Naam Yousuf Hai. They are like my JAAN u see ☺️❤️. The reason is basically the characterization of them n the way it was developped throughout the show. Yousuf is on air roght now so I can't really say much about it as a whole for the moment, just that I like the character, but Hasan is someone I truely loved to the core. I have read the novel Bano by Razia Butt as well. N I have to mention that SHE is the one creating this fabulously written character. I mean, every single step of his emotions, what he is going through from n most importantly the reason of his actions were cristall clear in the novel as well as in the show Dastaan. N not to forget the actor Fawad Khan who maintained the same through his flawless performance. #Brilliance.

Then, I think from whatever I have watched till now, the character I can relate the most with has to be Suhaib from Diyaar e Dil. No mention of the gender, It's the character itself. The share of patience, obedience, brotherhood, love, care, affection for his loved ones, sacrifice, never showing what pain he is going through. These small details are the ones I can relate to. 😳
-Lostindreams thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
The one i can relate to is Kashaf, even my husband says that lol
Never in my life have i been able to relate to a character that much, she is also among my fav.

I have a huge list of my fav characters, Samina Peerzaada's character in shehr-e-zaat and as Kashaf's mom, Dur-e-shehwar, Bhatti saab from Jackson height and Adnan siddique's character from mere humdum mere dost.

But if i had to choose then Kashaf's mom and Dur-e-shehwar, maybe because they remind me of someone.
FloydLover thumbnail
Kashaf seems to be a popular choice here and I am going to dish out another hackneyed 'I relate to Kashaf' comment but not without reason.

She says in an episode and I quote, " Tum mujhe sangmarmar samajhte ho toh samajhte raho. Mein tumhare saamne rait ki deewar nahi ban sakti."

I am not good at expressing my emotions either and feel lost when ever such a need arises. It's easier for me to let others think I am stoical than to tell them what I really feel. Her stoicism, her cynicism, her attitude towards life and academics is all what I see in myself.

When she reacted to something that hurt her, I felt for her. I would have lashed out the very same way and taken the very same decisons.However foolish they might have been.

ZGH has been a love story to many. For me it was much more about Kashaf, her beliefs and her behavior. It was as if she found my diary and read it all aloud. Hats off to the writer for having written such an insightful and realistic character!

On to favourite characters, the list is long.

1) Sikander- Kankar

Let me make it amply clear that I am not in team Sikander. But I still loved the way Fahad Mustafa played him and the way the writer was able to breathe so much life into his character. He was practical and well educated. You wouldn't expect him to raise his hand on his wife but he did. And so it happens in real life too. Education means nothing to these brutes. Imposing themselves is an habit for them, though.

2) Asher- Humsafar (Till episode 7)

I would have loved for Asher to have supported Khairad after having seen her in a compromising position. Alas, he didn't. It would have made his character too perfect then and there would be no story, I guess.

Anyway, I loved Asher and his caring attitude and his practical approach towards life in the first 7 episodes.

3) Kiran- Kankar

I loved that she stood up for herself.

'Dard hua? Aurat ko bhi hota hai.'

Brilliant!

4)Saba-Mero Zaat

She was larger than life, really! Her forgiveness, her vision, her struggle...everything about her was wonderful.

"Aisa kaun hai jo galat karno wale ke saath khada ho?"
"Allah. Wo sabko maaf bhi karta hai aur nawazta bhi hai."

5)Ahmed- Kankar

His acceptance of Kiran showed how much of an insightful person he was.

"Agar ek talaqshuda aadmi ek kuwari aurat se shaadi kar sakta hai toh ek talaqshuda aurat ek kaware mard se shadi kyun kar sakti hai?"

"Khooni rishton ki yahi majboori hoti hai. Ek doosre ko unhe maaf karna padta hai."

He made promises and broke them, too. But he tried to correct himself. And this is what I loved about him. Infalliblity is overrated, anyway.

Edited by FloydLover - 9 years ago
khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
A character I cld relate to is Kashaf and I guess many can too, coz she's such a universal aam girl with universal aam ladki problems. Credit to UA for penning such a character, though flawed, but very human, endearing and relatabe too and for Sanam for doing full justice in portraying her.
Another character I cld relate to is Durr-e-Shawar. Agian she's a very universal character, especially a very sun-continental type girl and I cld relate to her situation a lot, especially when she came as a newly wed and the trails taht she went through in her in-laws house. Really like Sanam Baloch as the young DeS.

My fav characters wld be Dr. Zoya (just love her!), Kashaf, Saba (Meri Zaat Zarra e Benishaan), Farida/ Rasq-e-Hina (Digest Writer), Bibi (Talkhiyaan), Zenia (Malaal), Seep (Ishq Junoon Deewangi) and many more.

Amonsgt the male ones I like Jawaad (Malaal) the best. He's shown such a self-confident, secure and sensitive soul. Other than him I like Zaroon, though he had his flaws too, Ehteshaam (Shukk), he's shown as such a modern man and sensitive and loving. There may be more, but can't remember right now.

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: FloydLover

Kashaf seems to be a popular choice here and I am going to dish out another now hackneyed 'I relate to Kashaf' comment but not without reason.

She says in an episode and I quote, " Tum mujhe sangmarmar samajhte ho toh samajhte raho. Mein tumhare saamne rait ki deewar nahi ban sakti."

I am not good at expressing my emotions either and feel lost when ever such a need arises. It's easier for me to let others think I am stoical than to tell them what I really feel. Her stoicism, her cynicism, her attitude towards life and academics is all what I see in myself.

When she reacted to something that hurt her, I felt for her. I would have lashed out the very same way and taken the very same decisons.However foolish they might have been.

ZGH has been a love story to many. For me it was much more about Kashaf, her beliefs and her behavior. It was as if she found my diary and read it all aloud. Hats off to the writer for having written such an insightful and realistic character!

On to favourite characters, the list is long.

1) Sikander- Kankar

Let me make it amply clear that I am not in team Sikander. But I still loved the way Fahad Mustafa played him and the way the writer was able to breathe so much life into his character. He was practical and well educated. You wouldn't expect him to raise his hand on his wife but he did.

And so it happens in real life too. Education means nothing to these brutes. Imposing themselves is an habit for them, though.

2) Asher- Humsafar (Till episode 7)

I would have loved for Asher to have supported Khairad after having seen her in a compromising position. Alas, he didn't. It would have made his character too perfect then and there would be no story, I guess.

Anyway, I loved Asher and his caring attitude and his practical approach towards life in the first 7 episodes.

3) Kiran- Kankar

I loved that she stood up for herself.

'Dard hua? Aurat ko bhi hota hai.'

Brilliant!

4)Bano- Mero Zaat

She was larger than life, really! Her forgiveness, her vision, her struggle...everything about her was wonderful.

"Aisa kaun hai jo galat karno wale ke saath khada ho?"
"Allah. Wo sabko maaf bhi karta hai aur nawazta bhi hai."

5)Ahmed- Kankar

His acceptance of Kiran showed how much of an insightful person he was.

"Agar ek talaqshuda aadmi ek kuwari aurat se shaadi kar sakta hai toh ek talaqshuda aurat ek kaware mard se shadi kyun kar sakti hai?"

"Khooni rishton ki yahi majboori hoti hai. Ek doosre ko unhe maaf karna padta hai."

He made promises and broke them, too. But he tried to correct himself. And this is what I loved about him. Infalliblity is overrated, anyway.

Kiran from Kankar was a brilliant character..and a pretty underrated one if you ask me. She stood up for herself when the whole world was against her..she never ever backed down or thought twice in what she believed in.
.FemmeFatale. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Most definitely Kashaf. Its that hard exterior soft interior thing for me. And yes my thought process is a lot like hers. Always expecting the worst. Sigh.

Edited by .FemmeFatale. - 9 years ago