Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
On topic: One of my favorite character is Haji Saheb from Daam.The character is just so real.

And Junaid from Daam is someone with whom I can relate a lot. Been through a similar condition.
Edited by Usman. - 9 years ago
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I have a lot of favorite characters. I can relate to Umera's character the most..no wonder, she's my favorite Pakistani writer.

The character that I saw myself in the most was Kashaf. I could also see myself relating to Zeenia (from Malaal) and Zara (from Daam) not because I went through similar situations but because I could connect with how they were feeling. I could even connect to Maliha's inner conflicts. Their emotions/feelings were so easy to relate to. That's the beauty of Umera's characters. They're realistic. Somewhere you understand them and where they're coming from because you've felt the same way yourself even if was through different scenarios.

Other than that in male characters..my favorite characters hands down are Jawad from Malaal and Junaid from Daam.
Edited by starstruckk - 9 years ago
Usman. thumbnail
Star: I kind of knew that your favorite characters list will comprise of characters from Daam & Malaal 😆. But, I completely agree, Each and every character of Daam was well etched and closer to reality.
Gujar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I completely relate to Sikander from Kankar. The anger, abuse, physical violence
Gujar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
On a serious note, nobody really, maybe a bit of Mohib's character in Firaaq before he went crazy 😆
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: Usman.

Star: I kind of knew that your favorite characters list will comprise of characters from Daam & Malaal 😆. But, I completely agree, Each and every character of Daam was well etched and closer to reality.

I love Daam and Malaal. None of the other shows I've watched over the past few years have ever come close. There's something about these shows that none of the other shows, even Umera's own work, have. I'd also say Doraha had similar sparks as Daam and Malaal. All of Umera's other works I rate below these three. These shows were sincerely written, directed, enacted and executed and it was all very evident.

The characters in Daam in specific, were something else all together. I don't think we'll ever see the likes of Aamina Sheikh, Sanam Baloch, Adeel Hussain, and Nimra Bucha come together again and did what they did in Daam. Even the supporting cast had worthwhile roles.

starstruckk thumbnail
I rate ZGH highly but not because of the overall package. I rate it highly because of certain things like the writing or Kashaf's character. I do genuinely think Sanam Saeed was great as Kashaf..even though I didn't expect much from her prior to the show..but, her performance was the sincerest one in the entire show in my eyes. I'd probably say I have a huge soft spot for that show because of Kashaf. Doraha was amazing. I always like putting Daam, Malaal, and Doraha together because they were something else in their entirety..I loved Sonia Rehman as Sara. She was awesome! Kankar I loved in its entirety also. I think Kiran was an amazingly written character and Sanam Baloch performed her perfectly. I was actually upset that post ZGH, I may have a hard time finding something else to watch but Kankar really proved me wrong. I think Kankar in its entirety was a far superior product than ZGH. I had problems with ZGH's direction and editing..but ZGH had more for viewers to connect with. Coming to Meri Zaat..I loved watching this show. I think the performances in this show were something else ( I loved Faisal Qureshi in this show! )..but Meri Zaat doesn't have repeat value for me.

Overall, yea..Daam and Malaal on top forever. 😆

starstruckk thumbnail
You know in Daam - Maliha was so human. She screwed over her friend, but I never hated her. I was more disappointed in her than pissed at her. In the end, I even felt bad for her. If anyone else other than Umera had written Maliha. LOLL..Maliha would have been a heartless vamp...but Umera wrote Maliha in such a way where you actually understood where she was coming from even though she was wrong in thinking and doing whatever she did.

Also, when was the last time the entire leading cast of a show left their mark? I always think of Zara, Maliha and Junaid together when I think back at Daam. Sanam Baloch, Aamina and Adeel all left a mark which is something praiseworthy and I don't think anyone can comfortably say the show belonged to one more than the other. Nimra Bucha was also so good! I've never seen her give such a memorable performance after that. We'll never see the likes of these people ever coming again together for a show. 💔
Usman. thumbnail
Star: No mention of Qaid-e-tanhai?
rainbowcolors thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Sana MUrad of ptv Classic ankahi