cupcaked thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
love? hmm, what can one say about that one? hi, i am zain abdullah. it's been 3 years since my wedding. yeah, a little late to congratulate. anyways, moving on, i was sitting casually when the thought struck me, how to know who, when, and how you fall in love?

it isn't some really great fairytale that i am going to tell you. actually this contains villains, heroes, and of course a princess. so unlike any other stories, I was the villain. yes, you heard me correct. or should i say read me correct? hardly matters.

this started i guess 3 and a half years ago. back in college when i was about 18 or something, it was my 3rd sem. but i had got the news that someone is coming to our college mid-sem. i was horrified, frustrated, disgusted bcoz there was no way i was gonna allow anyone to lead me.. what i mean here is, that i was also the topper. and my sources told me that the new gal is amazing shakespeare.

as shakespeare once said "butteryfly when he caught it, he let it go" in one of his famous books "Coriolanus" said by Valeria. I had let her go. she was the butterfly of my life.

as difficult had it been, i couldn't rest. i became restless thinking about her. it wasn't like i had fallen in love or something, but it was truly magical. something i hadn't sensed. something i hadn't wished to sense.

love is a trap, people often muttered. love makes you stupid, senseless, fragile, and what not. but i didn't give them a damn. i knew when happened, love was timeless. it was as long as they both shall live.

i wasn't that much of a shakespeare fan. but once i read 'macbeth' and 'hamlet', i had to read the others too. it was marvellous. like a whiff of wind.

shakespeare also had once said "brevity is the soul of wit" in hamlet. honestly speaking, i wasn't a big fan of it, until one day... my eyes fall on the books in the library, and beneath those breath-taking books settled my heart, my new found love, aaliya ghulam haider.

aaliya, as i learned from others, had always been different. different from everyone. from me, from us. from all of us. i had talked to her, a couple of times. but she was strange. she was like a challenge. a challenge i had to accept.

i had to win her. i had to understand her.

"what is it that bothers you if i don't talk to you, zain? i have my preferences of friends. i don't like to talk to those who don't know what friendship really is. who don't know what kind of friend is known as a true friend. i have given you a chance, zain, but i am afraid, i can't give it again." she had indeed given me a chance. but i had not taken it seriously. which really was upsetting.

"i am truly sorry, aaliya."

"you're anything but sorry. look, i have people who care for me, and REALLY care for me back at my home. i need to get back before they begin to worry. as for you, zain, better luck in making out with some other girl."

"is that what you think of me?"

"what?"

"that all i am trying to do is make you my girlfriend or whatever and show you off? do you think so low of me? do you think i'm doing this because i want a date, as the fact that everybody has one?"

"the thought didn't cross my mind. but now coming to think of it, actually you're right zain. i DO think like that for you. truly."

"what made you think i'm wrong, aaliya?"

"you're not wrong, zain. i am. i was. i was wrong when i thought you were different. that you weren't as jerk as others are. as much as they have stubborness in them, you didn't. you are stupid, selfish, a complete damn-it person, but you're no bad. i had a belief in that as soon as i had lay my eyes on you. the mid-sem girl, that's what you called me didn't you? my question to you is, why this sudden interest mr. abdullah?"

"hey, i did not call you that."

"you did. i remember very well. but you didn't answer my question. why this all of a sudden interest in knowing me? in getting to be friends with me?"

"because-" i couldn't complete. i still can't.

"i'm listening. because?"

"because i've fallen in love with you."

the memory of that day is still crystal clear in my mind. but i do miss aaliya a lot. more than i'd imagined when she told me she was suffering. suffering from a disease that'll take her away from me. she had made me promise to always tell people how great our love story was. i know now how, who and when i found love. but i just want to ignore the fact where she is..

she'll always be in my heart. always.

i had imagined her once in my dreams, quoting a line from shakespeare's hamlet..

"do you think i am easier to be played than a pipe?"

i'll love you, aaliya.

till eternity.

yours,
zain abdullah.

Edited by harshadcrazyfan - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters