Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Myraluvpanchali thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Well said Amrita ๐Ÿ‘
Seriously I've failed to understand why always so much of drama on topics related to ArDi ๐Ÿ˜ก
amritat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Seriously, I hope this discussion stops by tomorrow...
This thread totally ruined my day!!
mahalaxmi-sita thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i dont understand if arjun loving subhi the most is not there in the original epic, then how come ppl have this perception that he did. Given the fact that he had other wives other than subhi(except drau).
CaptainSpark thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: amritat

So here comes our beloved Ardi 'lover'!!๐Ÿ˜‰
Well if u can see that Draupadi loved Arjun the most, then y do u need me to say it?
And if u really want 5 points, then u can check my thread on Ardi...I have writtem enough there...Dont feel like writing all that again for u...

As for wat makes me think Draupadi loves Arjun the most, well Ved Vyas has given ample hints for that...If u want to turn a blind eye to all that, it's ur wish.
As for who Arjun loved the most...sorry to say, Ved Vyas has given confusing hints about all his wives...But still if u want to believe it to be Subhadra, it's ur wish...
I, for one, dont believe he loved Draupadi the most...Bcoz i cant speak in superlatives with so much of confidence where there is any ambiguity...

And i know, Mahabharat is a war story not a love story...When did I deny that?
But Ardi do form a small fraction of this story, n if someone is analyzing that aspect, there's no need to call it useless...

And y only Draupadi, even if Subhadra was in love with Shakuni, it would have made no difference...๐Ÿคฃ

It does make a difference if Subhi loved anyone else and wanted to get married because that would be difficult for Keshav. ArSu marriage is a very important political alliance. So if A loved S is different issue altogether. But until Subhi's feelings come in between Keshav's motive, it does not matter. But it was a smooth plan which webt smoothly.
amritat thumbnail
Well it mattered too if Draupadi loved someone else coz the real game begins with Pandav-Panchali wedding.
This too was a very important political alliance, without which the Pandavas would have reached no where...
And fortunately for Arjun, Drupad had arranged the whole competition for him, so that none could win her..

And even if Subhadra had liked someone else, Lord Krishna would have found a way to unite her with Arjun...
CaptainSpark thumbnail

Originally posted by: AnuMP

Brishti

Please do post the citations which show Arjun loved Subhadra the most. As far as I can see he had the hots for both of them at first sight but there is a big list of things he did for Panchali. The kid thing does not really count you see, because Abhi was elder and Virat had to marry Uttara to Arjun or his son on account of him having spent a year with the girl. And as far as the crying after the deaths goes, Panchali was the one who forgave Ashwi. Even after Abhi's death, he still did not want to kill Drona and was reluctant even with Karna. In fact in CE, Krishna only mentions Panchali to enrage Arjun; neither says anything about Abhi.

Amrita
Panchali may or may not have said those things but I really see more from his side in actually acting on an affection than from her side. I think the pining was from him.

Abhi n all would not be a part of my explanation either. Abhimanyu being born first, Arjun crying for Abhi not Ups..all this is not a proof of Arjun's feelings. My understanding tells me that A loved S the most. Firstly, she was Keshav's darling sister ๐Ÿ˜†Secondly, she is the only one for whom Arjun openly declares his feelings. The only one . (I am not interested in reading how A confessed love for D also. Okay if he did, ArDi fans can be content with it) . i am not even talking about the taking away of Subhi to IP because A did that as Balram said. But Arjun was clearly in love with S in Raivatak when he first saw her. He loved Abhimanyu so much. More than any of the UPs or his other sons. And obvio Arjun will do things for Panchali how does that stand against A loving S the most? I mean.. Ever since I read MB, it is pretty obvious! Arjun had affection for her.. Arjun is not very vocal in most cases. But he clearly talks about his feelings abt Subhi.
CaptainSpark thumbnail

Well it mattered too if Draupadi loved someone else coz the real game begins with Pandav-Panchali wedding.
This too was a very important political alliance, without which the Pandavas would have reached no where...
And fortunately for Arjun, Drupad had arranged the whole competition for him, so that none could win her..

And even if Subhadra had liked someone else, Lord Krishna would have found a way to unite her with Arjun...

Amrita I am saying from the beginning until and unless it stops Keshav's plan it does not matter who S loves. And until and unless Panchaali's feelings come in between her marriage with Ps, and A winning the SV, it does not matter and they did not comw in between? D loving A the most did not stop her from fulfilling her duties as a wife to other Ps. The alliance was already done. So I say it does not matter .

PS- the Shakuni part was just for fun. Dont rake it so seriously
mahalaxmi-sita thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Brishti_Sarkar

Abhi n all would not be a part of my explanation either. Abhimanyu being born first, Arjun crying for Abhi not Ups..all this is not a proof of Arjun's feelings. My understanding tells me that A loved S the most. Firstly, she was Keshav's darling sister ๐Ÿ˜†Secondly, she is the only one for whom Arjun openly declares his feelings. The only one . (I am not interested in reading how A confessed love for D also. Okay if he did, ArDi fans can be content with it) . i am not even talking about the taking away of Subhi to IP because A did that as Balram said. But Arjun was clearly in love with S in Raivatak when he first saw her. He loved Abhimanyu so much. More than any of the UPs or his other sons. And obvio Arjun will do things for Panchali how does that stand against A loving S the most? I mean.. Ever since I read MB, it is pretty obvious! Arjun had affection for her.. Arjun is not very vocal in most cases. But he clearly talks about his feelings abt Subhi.

hmm if I'm not wrong, he was vocal of his feelings towards chitrangada also, and he himself went to her father for asking her hand.
but in case, of subhi it was lord krishna who asked him to kidnap subhi, he himself never asked for her hand.
CaptainSpark thumbnail

I know Subhadra is there in many scenes...but does that prove he loved her the most?
I can never claim he loved Draupadi the most...yes, maybe he did love her...but the most?
I cant claim that despite being an Ardi fan...n yes, I believe Arjun loved Subhadra a lot too...but is it most? Cant say.
And that's the difference between u n me...
I dont hate or demean other pairs of Arjun to prove my pair is the best...

As for Draupadi's pairings with her other husbands, I like BheemDi...
Not much bothered about the other pairs...If someone ever makes a thread on YuDi, I would never pounce in there to claim that Draupadi loved Arjun the most n spoil the environment...

As for my irritation... ๐Ÿ˜†...well, if someone tries to hate n demean ArSu constantly, I'll see how well u put up with that...Afterall we are all sensitive about our favourites... ๐Ÿ˜‰

edit- This thread was about whether Draupadi loved Arjun the most n NOT the other way round.
And if u completely believe that Draupadi loved Arjun the most, then y did u pounce in here to say that he didnt love her back themost?
Who was talking about Arjun's feelings anyway?
This is how a peaceful thread becomes a war-zone...

I will answer you in PM.
amritat thumbnail

Originally posted by: indianprincess

i dont understand if arjun loving subhi the most is not there in the original epic, then how come ppl have this perception that he did. Given the fact that he had other wives other than subhi(except drau).

Bcoz people want to prove that everyone was important to prove that everyone was important to Arjun except Draupadi...

I personally feel that Arjun loved Subhadra a lot. Subhadra was a very beautiful n innocent girl...The fact that she was Lord Krishna's sister elevates her charm...Arjun's love for her shines through in the way he kidnaps her n his love for Abhimanyu...So, yes...ArSu is a great pair...

But I absolutely detest it when people forcefully claim that Arjun did not love Draupadi the most n Subhadra was his soulmate...Like really? Where did Arjun ever say that?
Draupadi openly declares that her life is incomplete without Arjun...Yudisthir validates this...
But does Arjun ever say anything like that for any of his wives so openly?

I would love to believe that Arjun loved Draupadi the most but I cannot claim it...He did love her but whether it's THE MOST or not, that none of us can say...It is exactly the same for Subhadra as well...

I feel Arjun did love Subhadra n Draupadi both...Men in those times were used to loving multiple women.
But his equations with his wives were different...Subhadra n Draupadi are two different kinds of humans...n thus his equations with them are different...With Subhadra, I feel he had a cute, romantic equation whereas with Draupadi, he had complications...but despite these complications he does show affection towards her...There some scenes where I wish he had been a little more expressive...but he did love her...

THE MOST...this we cannot claim for any of his wives bcoz Ved Vyas did not focus on that...