Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

amritat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: indianprincess

Arjun was smitten by her beauty in the SV not the other way round , IMO this was the reason he participated and not for some archery contest.

what i mean is he fell in love with her first and wanted her but had to share her with his brothers, I'm sure he was jealous as well seeing her with his brothers.
Im a feminist so would like to believe this.
i hope amrita I've cooled ur anger now.πŸ˜‰coz m a sensitive person can't see anyone upset coz of me

Most Draupadi fans are femimists...Unless there is a feminist streak in u, u cant fully admire this woman... πŸ˜†
Most members of this forum call me a feminist too...although this is my reaction to that... 😭

As for Arjun's feelings for Draupadi...well no comments.
U see...Arjun was smitten by every woman, Ulupi, Chitrangada, Ali, Arya, Pramila, Subhadra...but Draupadi...not at all... πŸ˜‰
With Draupadi he was only fulfilling his duty of winning her for his brothers... πŸ˜‰
amritat thumbnail

Originally posted by: AnuMP

At the risk of starting the elephants and lotuses discussion againπŸ˜†. The initial attraction was from Arjun's side and actually all the Pandavas' side.

And Halayudha (Valadeva) and Janardana (Krishna) and the chief of the Vrishni, Andhaka, and Yadava tribes who obeyed the leadership of Krishna were also there, viewing the scene.And beholding those elephants in rut--the five (Pandavas)--attracted towards Draupadilike mighty elephants towards a lake overgrown with lotuses, or like fire covered with ashes, Krishna the foremost of Yadu heroes began to reflect. And he said unto Rama (Valadeva), 'That is Yudhishthira; that is Bhima with Jishnu (Arjuna); and those are the twin heroes.' And Rama surveying them slowly cast a glance of satisfaction at Krishna. Biting their nether lips in wrath, the other heroes there--sons and grandsons of kings--with their eyes and hearts and thoughts set on Krishna, looked with expanded eyes on Draupadi alone without noticing the Pandavas.And the sons of Pritha also, of mighty arms, and the illustrious twin heroes, beholding Draupadi, were all likewise struck by the shafts of Kama.

The Mahabharata, Book 1: Adi Parva: Swayamvara Parva: Section CLXL

Uff uff...that famous citation...
Reminds me of elephants n lotuses n RUT... πŸ˜‰ 😳
CaptainSpark thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: amritat

Brishti...I agree with ur first part.
But as for the second one, can we really be so sure?
Were any of us there 5000 years ago to know whom he loved more?
We all believe wat we want to believe...Some people prefer Subhadrs with him, while others prefer Draupadi.
None of us can claim that he didnt love 'XYZ' most...

How can you claim Draupadi loved Arjun most then? If you can give 5 instances from epic, then I can provide 5 instances that Arjun loved Subhadra the most. It is evident for me like it is evident Drau did have a special side for Arjun.
Just that I find it pointless to argue on who Draupadi loved most. I totally agree with Anu Di when she says mb is not ArDi or ArSu story. It is a political satire. A lesson of life. So even if Draupadi loved Shakuni the most it makes no difference 🀣 But still, I can see Arjun loved Subhadra the most. And Draupadi loved Arjun the most.
CaptainSpark thumbnail

Ofcourse...some of us are obsessed with Ardi...just like others are obsessed with other mythological so-called love stories like ArSu, ArChi, ArUl, YuDi, BheemDi...n the list goes on n on...
Such amazing love stories they are...Arent they? πŸ˜‰

Sorry to say but as far as StarBharat is concerned, It ArDi obsession which exists and not the other ones.
CaptainSpark thumbnail

Agreed completely.
A powerful woman may also have tender feelings...Wat should be avoided is defining Draupadi only by those feelings...
As long as we can avoid the cliche n see various sides to her character, there is no harm in discussing her love life, which is very much part of the epic...

Ofcourse there is no harm in discussing anything. That is why nobody can stop anyone from discussing Karna- Draupadi non existent stuff and even if we make up Dury Drau stuff none can stop them.
But what is being said is that all this is not important in the long run. It is not at all important who loved whom the most. So these things should not be the main hot topics of discussion when Mahabharata is concerned. That's all.. (goes for not only ArDi but ArSu, BheemDi, ArChi etc.)
CaptainSpark thumbnail
@Amrita

I can understand you are irritated by people saying Arjun wasn't smitten by Draupadi but nobody claims he was smitten by Uloopi, Pramila etc πŸ˜• Uloopi? Seriously? It is she who kidnapped him and Arjun was doing his duty IMO here.
By the way, in the epic the way you claim ArDi mutual love, Arjun's feelings for Subhadra is there in many places and it's weird how you say there is nothing in the epic to claim he loved her the most πŸ˜† There must be loads of ArDi scenes but there are many YuDi, BheemDi scenes too.. The latter one is greatly there! So that does not prove things like Draupadi's feelings for Arjun was special. I believe Drau loved him the most but all this does not prove anything.
amritat thumbnail

Originally posted by: Brishti_Sarkar

How can you claim Draupadi loved Arjun most then? If you can give 5 instances from epic, then I can provide 5 instances that Arjun loved Subhadra the most. It is evident for me like it is evident Drau did have a special side for Arjun.
Just that I find it pointless to argue on who Draupadi loved most. I totally agree with Anu Di when she says mb is not ArDi or ArSu story. It is a political satire. A lesson of life. So even if Draupadi loved Shakuni the most it makes no difference 🀣 But still, I can see Arjun loved Subhadra the most. And Draupadi loved Arjun the most.

So here comes our beloved Ardi 'lover'!!πŸ˜‰
Well if u can see that Draupadi loved Arjun the most, then y do u need me to say it?
And if u really want 5 points, then u can check my thread on Ardi...I have writtem enough there...Dont feel like writing all that again for u...

As for wat makes me think Draupadi loves Arjun the most, well Ved Vyas has given ample hints for that...If u want to turn a blind eye to all that, it's ur wish.
As for who Arjun loved the most...sorry to say, Ved Vyas has given confusing hints about all his wives...But still if u want to believe it to be Subhadra, it's ur wish...
I, for one, dont believe he loved Draupadi the most...Bcoz i cant speak in superlatives with so much of confidence where there is any ambiguity...

And i know, Mahabharat is a war story not a love story...When did I deny that?
But Ardi do form a small fraction of this story, n if someone is analyzing that aspect, there's no need to call it useless...

And y only Draupadi, even if Subhadra was in love with Shakuni, it would have made no difference...🀣
ltelidevaralak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: indianprincess

ok, agree drau loved him but what are ur views on arjun ,did he love her equally or not?

. Well, after I finish Drau's love for Arjun I will definitely present arjun's side with citations.
AnuMP thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Brishti
Please do post the citations which show Arjun loved Subhadra the most. As far as I can see he had the hots for both of them at first sight but there is a big list of things he did for Panchali. The kid thing does not really count you see, because Abhi was elder and Virat had to marry Uttara to Arjun or his son on account of him having spent a year with the girl. And as far as the crying after the deaths goes, Panchali was the one who forgave Ashwi. Even after Abhi's death, he still did not want to kill Drona and was reluctant even with Karna. In fact in CE, Krishna only mentions Panchali to enrage Arjun; neither says anything about Abhi.

Amrita
Panchali may or may not have said those things but I really see more from his side in actually acting on an affection than from her side. I think the pining was from him.
Edited by AnuMP - 9 years ago
amritat thumbnail

Originally posted by: Brishti_Sarkar

@Amrita

I can understand you are irritated by people saying Arjun wasn't smitten by Draupadi but nobody claims he was smitten by Uloopi, Pramila etc πŸ˜• Uloopi? Seriously? It is she who kidnapped him and Arjun was doing his duty IMO here.
By the way, in the epic the way you claim ArDi mutual love, Arjun's feelings for Subhadra is there in many places and it's weird how you say there is nothing in the epic to claim he loved her the most πŸ˜† There must be loads of ArDi scenes but there are many YuDi, BheemDi scenes too.. The latter one is greatly there! So that does not prove things like Draupadi's feelings for Arjun was special. I believe Drau loved him the most but all this does not prove anything.

I know Subhadra is there in many scenes...but does that prove he loved her the most?
I can never claim he loved Draupadi the most...yes, maybe he did love her...but the most?
I cant claim that despite being an Ardi fan...n yes, I believe Arjun loved Subhadra a lot too...but is it most? Cant say.
And that's the difference between u n me...
I dont hate or demean other pairs of Arjun to prove my pair is the best...

As for Draupadi's pairings with her other husbands, I like BheemDi...
Not much bothered about the other pairs...If someone ever makes a thread on YuDi, I would never pounce in there to claim that Draupadi loved Arjun the most n spoil the environment...

As for my irritation... πŸ˜†...well, if someone tries to hate n demean ArSu constantly, I'll see how well u put up with that...Afterall we are all sensitive about our favourites... πŸ˜‰

edit- This thread was about whether Draupadi loved Arjun the most n NOT the other way round.
And if u completely believe that Draupadi loved Arjun the most, then y did u pounce in here to say that he didnt love her back themost?
Who was talking about Arjun's feelings anyway?
This is how a peaceful thread becomes a war-zone...
Edited by amritat - 9 years ago