Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

amritat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: indianprincess

while its perfectly ok to root for ur fav couple, but to say that drau loved arjun the most is a bit too much.

AFAIK, she loved all her husbands equally but had a slight inclination towards arjun if we were to take yudi's words on this. nonetheless, i believe she loved all her husbands equally. I have reasons to prove my point.

Well if u read various parts of the epic carefully, u will see how 'the most' part comes into the picture.
We cant comment on which wife her husbands loved the most...bcoz thats not clearly hinted at, excet Bhima.
But Draupadi's affectioms are quite clearly depicted...now if one wants to dismiss those citations...then it's their wish..

ltelidevaralak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: amritat

Well if u read various parts of the epic carefully, u will see how 'the most' part comes into the picture.
We cant comment on which wife her husbands loved the most...bcoz thats not clearly hinted at, excet Bhima.
But Draupadi's affectioms are quite clearly depicted...now if one wants to dismiss those citations...then it's their wish..

. The udyoga Parva throws light on the intimacy of Draupadi with Arjuna through the description of Sanjaya.When Sanjaya visits upaplavya,as an envoy he goes to a mansion where Krishna and Arjuna are relaxing with satya and Draupadi.Vyasa describes thus...Arjunotsangau padaukesavasya...arjuna's ya cha krishnaaya satya yam cha mahatma nah. Arjuna places the feet of Krishna on his lap and his Foot rests on the lap of Draupadi and another on the lap of satya. Sanjaya informs dhritarashtra that it is a secluded spot where neither abhimanyu nor any one can enter.So obviously Vyasa's intention is clear.In a subtle manner though he directs us towards the I unexpressed yet crystal clear Emotion of Draupadi and i dare say arjun also.If we go on searching umpteen instances are provided Vyasa.If we go back to vanaparva,when Krishna assures of the death of kauravas to Draupadi,she looks at arjun for conformation but not at bheema who is very vocal...Madhyamam patim .. .dadarsa...So the list is endless Whether we accept it or not our choice...to be continued.
Nonie12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I am a big fan of draupadi . In my opinion draupadi loves Arjuna but she loved her other husbands equally. Anyway who are we to say Draupadi really loved Arjuna or not . It is not we are not actually we saw draupadi loves him really. Many say about this according to ved's mahabharat but even ved vyas does not know the entire truth because there are many things which are not there in the epic.
I give advance sorry to ardi fans . Please forgive me if my opinion hurts the feelings of ardi fans. I generally like them as a couple but I think we should not discuss this because nobody really does not know them and people generally tend to talk about them a lot which sometimes is little too much . Anyways mahabharat is a epic where people can see from different aspects. I know one thing the real Arjun and draupadi would really like to see there are so many fans of their couple.
Edited by Bella02pie - 9 years ago
mahalaxmi-sita thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ltelidevaralak

. The udyoga Parva throws light on the intimacy of Draupadi with Arjuna through the description of Sanjaya.When Sanjaya visits upaplavya,as an envoy he goes to a mansion where Krishna and Arjuna are relaxing with satya and Draupadi.Vyasa describes thus...Arjunotsangau padaukesavasya...arjuna's ya cha krishnaaya satya yam cha mahatma nah. Arjuna places the feet of Krishna on his lap and his Foot rests on the lap of Draupadi and another on the lap of satya. Sanjaya informs dhritarashtra that it is a secluded spot where neither abhimanyu nor any one can enter.So obviously Vyasa's intention is clear.In a subtle manner though he directs us towards the I unexpressed yet crystal clear Emotion of Draupadi and i dare say arjun also.If we go on searching umpteen instances are provided Vyasa.If we go back to vanaparva,when Krishna assures of the death of kauravas to Draupadi,she looks at arjun for conformation but not at bheema who is very vocal...Madhyamam patim .. .dadarsa...So the list is endless Whether we accept it or not our choice...to be continued.

yes ,so? how does this prove that she loved him the most?
Edited by indianprincess - 9 years ago
mahalaxmi-sita thumbnail

There are many citations which prove her affection for yudi, so should i conclude by this ,she loved yudi the most?
AnuMP thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Again in Kamyaka vana, Panchali is not looking to Arjun for confirmation. Arjun had just managed to calm down G and Panchali does the exact opposite and lights a fire under him. She 'looks obliquely' and immediately HE acquiesces going against what he himself was trying to do a paragraph before that.

ARJUN sulks in the scene post UpaK's death when Panchali TAUNTS him.

To say otherwise, goes beyond 'shipping or discussing the ArDi relationship. It is actually painting the incidents in a color that is the exact opposite of the original and I can't help but feel that it is an attempt to prop up someone who doesn't need to be propped up, at the expense of Panchali

And after seeing these, I do wonder how many such events in the original were painted different colors to.prop up the male heroes.

Edited by AnuMP - 9 years ago
amritat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: indianprincess

There are many citations which prove her affection for yudi, so should i conclude by this ,she loved yudi the most?

Yes ofcourse...u can believe watever u want, who's stopping u?
Just like we cant dictate wat u want to believe in, u cant dictate either to us.
This is Mahabharat...where we all speculate things our way...

For ages, I had believed that Arjun loved Subhadra the most, until I read KMG n realized there's nothing to suggest that...
Similarly, I found nothing to suggest his favouritism to Draupadi either...
So who Arjun loved most is open to interpretation...we cam believe watever we want...

Similarly in Draupadi's case it's the same...believe watever u want.
But I am going through some research books n even there authors tend to believe that Draupadi did love Arjun the most...But if one wants to dismiss that, it's their wish...
DrShindeSweety thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
We would all love to get our hands upon Vyas's original hast-likhit.
Unfortunately, we have to make do with the version our generation has been handed down. If the same version is quoted all over the forum to argue multiple points, I don't see why selective romantic portions should be dismissed summarily as interpolations.
Vyas wrote an epic about passions - inclusive of hatred, envy, ambitions and love.
He also wrote pointedly about matronly love, platonic love, brotherly love - so why would he shy away from romantic love? There is no need for 'interpolations' from non-Vyas sources to upgrade Draupadi's romantic inclinations.
Yes, Draupadi was a passionate woman in all her feelings, whether it was a quest for Justice, or concern for her Empire, or pride in her husbands' achievements - so why would she be 'robotic' in love?
All of us women are multi-tasking ladies ... and being romantic does not delete anything from our personality or capability.
I don't think being in love makes Draupadi weaker or less authoritative. Neither does jealousy make her 'immature', considering that she follows up her jealous streak with restraint, composure and peaceful co-existence with Subhadra. Vyas stresses that aspect of her personality as well.
mahalaxmi-sita thumbnail

Yes ofcourse...u can believe watever u want, who's stopping u?
Just like we cant dictate wat u want to believe in, u cant dictate either to us.
This is Mahabharat...where we all speculate things our way...

For ages, I had believed that Arjun loved Subhadra the most, until I read KMG n realized there's nothing to suggest that...
Similarly, I found nothing to suggest his favouritism to Draupadi either...
So who Arjun loved most is open to interpretation...we cam believe watever we want...

Similarly in Draupadi's case it's the same...believe watever u want.
But I am going through some research books n even there authors tend to believe that Draupadi did love Arjun the most...But if one wants to dismiss that, it's their wish...

calm down dear, why are u getting hyper? where have i dictated anything to u? u r free to believe what u want and so am i.
the only problem i have with ardi fans is they bash panchali's other husbands to prove their point, which is wrong. Now just coz someone doesn't agree with your points and puts a counter argument, your getting hyper.
DrShindeSweety thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I'm sure the thread writer herself holds immense respect for Draupadi's administrative role. We all do. We all adore her for it. None of Draupadi's admirers are unaware of her awesome authority (including her husbands).
Its only b'cos she was such an amazing persona, that the intrigue about her heart strings arise. Why else would we be interested , if she was a persona non-grata?
There are poets who wrote solely abut Krishn's tryst with gopis and Radha. That does not mean the poet has negated Krishn's diplomacy, wisdom or warrior capability. It just means, the poet has chosen, for some time, to highlight the Radha-gopi aspect of Krishn's persona.
Same here- the thread writer has chosen to focus on a certain aspect of Draupadi. Thankfully, she has also clarified her topic via her title.