Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ashne thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: AnuMP

Yudhi and Kunti bear more blame for it to be sure. But Arjun did plenty to blamed for as well.

1) he went there knowing a human being is going to be parcelled between the 5 of them. He was not a fool from any reading of the epic. Neither was he that devoted to Yudhi that he could not see the wrongness of what they were about to do

2) He made a decision for Panchali without having the right to do so. Engaged or married, to suggest one's fiancee/wife consider taking on 5 men, is not something even men of that Era did on their own.

There were always options for Panchali

1) Insist that Arjun marry her, which he wouldn't given the God like esteem in which he held Yudhi.
2) Insist she be married to only Yudhi which is where the disunity business comes in, I suppose. That's why Kunti had to say it.

So rejected she could

1) go back to the same Panchal which rejected Amba's request for sanctuary under similar circumstances and take the same path that Amba did and kill herself
2) Go to Dwarka and live a life of obscurity

Anu point 2. If she is legally betrothed to Arjun, can she say no to him (of course Arjun is also saying the same, but still) and insist his other brother marry her?

This whole Kunti drama - at least the P's can say mom said so we have to. Can Panchali say the same - u know laws r diff for men and women. Can she say, since Arjun is refusing to marry me, why not Yudhi being the eldest marry me.

I think she should have picked B, N or S. Y and A are so 🤔
Edited by ashne - 9 years ago
ltelidevaralak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ashne

Anu point 2. If she is legally betrothed to Arjun, can she say no to him (of course Arjun is also saying the same, but still) and insist his other brother marry her?

This whole Kunti drama - at least the P's can say mom said so we have to. Can Panchali say the same - u know laws r diff for men and women. Can she say, since Arjun is refusing to marry me, why not Yudhi being the eldest marry me.

I think she should have picked B, N or S. Y and A are so 🤔

I regret making the same post again and again.I pity myself for not being able to make you observe and find out who suggested sharing.I would make a final effort by posting Arjun's speech asper Bori and
ltelidevaralak thumbnail

Originally posted by: ltelidevaralak

I regret making the same post again and again.I pity myself for not being able to make you observe and find out who suggested sharing.I would make a final effort by posting Arjun's speech asper Bori and

and Kmg.Arjun said thus.Ma mam narendra...panchalarajasya yat priyam tat. o king,do not make me a participant of sin.You should we'd first,then Bheema, then myself and then twins.
ltelidevaralak thumbnail

and Kmg.Arjun said thus.Ma mam narendra...panchalarajasya yat priyam tat. o king,do not make me a participant of sin.You should we'd first,then Bheema, then myself and then twins.

Bhima, myself twins and this girl await your commands.Do that with reflection which is proper, virtuous,productive of fame and desirable to the king of panchal...That is all he said. Vyasa used
ashne thumbnail

i think KMG and CE have Yudhi and Arjun proposing sharing respectively. Depends on which, one wants to believe. But either way, all I'm trying to say is all 3 Y, A and K were equally guilty.
ltelidevaralak thumbnail

Originally posted by: ashne

i think KMG and CE have Yudhi and Arjun proposing sharing respectively. Depends on which, one wants to believe. But either way, all I'm trying to say is all 3 Y, A and K were equally guilty.

The poems I gave are from Bori only.I did not leave any poem that consists of Arjun's speech.1.Maa ma'am narendra tvaamarthabhaajam ... 2.aham Tatio nakulo anantaram. Me... Panchalarajasya yat priyam syat...The words used by Vyasa clearly indicate Arjun wanted a way that is virtuous,that would result in fame and desirable to Drupad. Like his arrows his words are also precise and sharp.Then Yudhi said Sarvesham bharya bhavishyati ... She will become the common wife to all of us. Thi is word of Yudhi would not satisfy any of the requisites given by Arjun.It is not proper. It is not virtuous and it won't result in fame and finally it is not desirable to Drupad at all.,who needed so much persuasion from Vyasa to accept it.Ibelieve this and I also think that finally the divine mission of Krishna won't be fulfilled if Arjun alone marries her because he is not a gambler who stakes his wife. Ialsi
ashne thumbnail
Well goes to show that just bcoz one is elder to u, he need not make the correct decisions pertaining to ur life.

Does CE mention Vyasa telling them about Panchali being married to all 5? If yes, then I still believe all this was a drama enacted to convince Panchali. If not, then maybe Arjun got the raw end here, by trusting his brother to come up with a solution to this mess.

Yes I do agree that being married only to Arjun, krishna's mission would not have been fulfilled.
ltelidevaralak thumbnail

The poems I gave are from Bori only.I did not leave any poem that consists of Arjun's speech.1.Maa ma'am narendra tvaamarthabhaajam ... 2.aham Tatio nakulo anantaram. Me... Panchalarajasya yat priyam syat...The words used by Vyasa clearly indicate Arjun wanted a way that is virtuous,that would result in fame and desirable to Drupad. Like his arrows his words are also precise and sharp.Then Yudhi said Sarvesham bharya bhavishyati ... She will become the common wife to all of us. Thi is word of Yudhi would not satisfy any of the requisites given by Arjun.It is not proper. It is not virtuous and it won't result in fame and finally it is not desirable to Drupad at all.,who needed so much persuasion from Vyasa to accept it.Ibelieve this and I also think that finally the divine mission of Krishna won't be fulfilled if Arjun alone marries her because he is not a gambler who stakes his wife. Ialsi

I I would like to quote Maggi litchi grassi's Great golden sacrifice of Mahabharata which says All along Draupadi has been the sacrifice. Krishna said without her you won't fight at all. The fire born thrown into fire. ...So fate ordained such things in Drau's life .I feel Arjun is innocent you may disagree. Very fine. I would strongly believe that if Arjun endorsed sharing, Drau would not have loved him that much.
AnuMP thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
The problem with books like GGS or even pro Kaurava / pro Karna books is that they all assume Panchali had zilch for brains and rubber for spine.

She had the strongest will of them all, including her best buddy and a sharp mind to rival any man. In fact there are many similarities between the talk she has with YudhI in Vana Parva and the Gita.

Why would such a woman be an unwitting sacrifice? I happen to believe she knew exactly what she was doing.

In fact, if anyone qualifies as a sacrifice in the whole scenario, it was probably Parth, since he wasn't in the know and was asked to give up (willingly or not) quite a lot.
Edited by AnuMP - 9 years ago
ashne thumbnail

I I would like to quote Maggi litchi grassi's Great golden sacrifice of Mahabharata which says All along Draupadi has been the sacrifice. Krishna said without her you won't fight at all. The fire born thrown into fire. ...So fate ordained such things in Drau's life .I feel Arjun is innocent you may disagree. Very fine. I would strongly believe that if Arjun endorsed sharing, Drau would not have loved him that much.

There's problem with putting too much emphasis on fate (for me). Then everything that has happened in the epic can be claimed that it was his or her fate or such and such things were preordained. I would like to think that it was human fallibility in the works.

Like Anu has said I don't think Panchali was a sacrifice. I think she was too smart compared to all the men put together, in the epic. Her speeches during DS, Vana Parva and others are a mini Geeta Gyaan in itself. I don't know if it is because she is a woman, people tend to over look what she is saying and give more prominence to the not so imp facts of her life.

And I don't think she showed any partiality to any one of her husbands - again my POV.
Edited by ashne - 9 years ago