Views

Users

Frequent Posters

amritat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: ashne

That doesn't stop anyone from attacking, venting etc 😊

Then I guess the only solution to this problem is to make threads SIO...
Atleast in that way, we can discuss instead of fighting...
AnuMP thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I looked back at the pages and I seem to have argued 3 sides. πŸ˜†For ArDi, against ArDi and against all love stories.
I think only CCs can be IO.
ashne thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AnuMP

I looked back at the pages and I seem to have argued 3 sides. πŸ˜†For ArDi, against ArDi and against all love stories.

Anu - U Brutus - from all three sides πŸ˜†

Reporting and taking offense can happen in any forum/threads 😊
ltelidevaralak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ashne

Anu - U Brutus - from all three sides πŸ˜†

Reporting and taking offense can happen in any forum/threads 😊

. Dear Amrita,don't worry I won't get disheartened on seeing all these arguments.My aim is to establish Vyasa's vision.Since I found Draupadi's love for arjun authentic,I wanted to share the information I found with Ardi fans as well as others.what made me open this thread is the propagation of events related to Draupadi in such an ambiguous manner contrary to what wa given by Vyasa in the epic.I just want to present the facts courtesy Bori.As I studied many versions and books on Mbh during the time of my research. I along with others even visited Bori, Poona as a part of the Mbh truth awareness project . An ardent Mbh,Ardi fan, I feel it my duty to at least post the facts.
amritat thumbnail

I looked back at the pages and I seem to have argued 3 sides.πŸ˜†For ArDi, against ArDi and against all love stories.

Yes... πŸ˜†
Initially u were against Ardi... 😑, then u spoke against all love stories... 😭 then suddenly u syarted speaking for Ardi... 😳

U love Ardi too πŸ˜‰ ...just in a feminist manner... πŸ˜†
amritat thumbnail

Originally posted by: ltelidevaralak

. Dear Amrita,don't worry I won't get disheartened on seeing all these arguments.My aim is to establish Vyasa's vision.Since I found Draupadi's love for arjun authentic,I wanted to share the information I found with Ardi fans as well as others.what made me open this thread is the propagation of events related to Draupadi in such an ambiguous manner contrary to what wa given by Vyasa in the epic.I just want to present the facts courtesy Bori.As I studied many versions and books on Mbh during the time of my research. I along with others even visited Bori, Poona as a part of the Mbh truth awareness project . An ardent Mbh,Ardi fan, I feel it my duty to at least post the facts.

Believe me I would have got really really disheartened if I had opened a thread with an honest intention but haters had mobbed it, just to express their frustration... πŸ˜†

By the way, do post more about Draupadi...I really need to know a lot about her from various versions...
Any one of us can buy the Critical Edition n read it...but not all can read Sanskrit n have read various versions thoroughly...
That is where we need people like u... 😊
ltelidevaralak thumbnail

Originally posted by: amritat

Believe me I would have got really really disheartened if I had opened a thread with an honest intention but haters had mobbed it, just to express their frustration... πŸ˜†

By the way, do post more about Draupadi...I really need to know a lot about her from various versions...
Any one of us can buy the Critical Edition n read it...but not all can read Sanskrit n have read various versions thoroughly...
That is where we need people like u... 😊

. After analysing Drau's love for arjun and Vyasa's citations in support it is now time to see the reason behind it as per Vyasa.There are so many stories going on in the forum misinterpreting Drau's feelings and even her father drupada's intention . In the light of such propaganda also this study is needed.They are claiming that Draupadi actually wanted to be the wife of Yudhi to be the queen of aryavarth and utilise her administrative talents,which is untrue.After arjun wins the contest,Vyasa narrates thus...vid ham tu lakshyam prasamikshya krishnaa."...partham...nirikshya...jagama kuntisutamutsmayanti.Having seen the target hit and looking at partha who is like Indra she is filled with joy and approached him with a garland of white flowers and white robes.The word utsmayanti indicates her ecastacy.So Vyasa's first description itself paves the way to pakshapato mahanasya... By Yudhi.
AnuMP thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
TM, what is in that quote which suggests that she was not happy about her future rather than just about Arjun? Also in that case, why in the world did she accept the division?

What happens at first sight is attraction. Love comes when 2 people understand each other. I do think they developed a soul connection later.

But I cannot for the life of me understand how Panchali fans can accept the woman who was CFO and COO of IP being reduced to a coy girl with her head in the clouds.
Edited by AnuMP - 9 years ago
DrShindeSweety thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

What there is in the text has nothing subtle about it. It is almost like bludgeoning people with the idea that she pined. Which is why I think they are interpolations.

And the 2 incidents I mentioned here have clearly been twisted to suggest pining on her part. And I can completely oppose it since they are incorrect.

I will tell you what was subtle in the epic. ARJUN needing to leave on exile after his Gandeev is somehow in Panchali's chambers. ARJUN standing up in the DS and repeating his wife'swords almost verbatim against Yudhi. ARJUN agreeing with her in Kamyaka vana. ARJUN taking on the disguise of a Napunsak to protect her (no man on earth will do that even in this day and age). ARJUN sulking in the UpaK incident because Panchali taunts him. Finally ARJUN bursting like a pressure cooker talking about Yudhi occupying Panchali's bed.

Compare that to the ArSu convo or the exile monologue and they feel added on.

I would say that ARJUN was the one doing the pining and somehow, somewhere people could not stomach the fact that a strong hero could have been pining or that a female could have been the stronger partner and changed her into the one who was doing the running.

You ask why ArDi lovers turn into ArDi haters? This is the prime example.

I think you are dong exactly what you are accusing people of doing (not stomaching a strong hero pining over a female).
You seem to be in denial of Draupadi's passion b'cos for some reason you think it negates her strength. I'm reiterating, Draupadi's passion does NOT negate her strength or awesomeness. An entirely composed and authoritative woman can still hold tumultuous passions within her heart.
I liked the passages you pointed out, they do indeed give strong hints of Arjun's subtle and silent longing for our super woman. And yes, for us that pining doesn't subtract from his personality either. It just makes him human and delineates the sacrifice he made for family's unity.
Edited by shindes - 9 years ago
ltelidevaralak thumbnail

Originally posted by: ltelidevaralak

. After analysing Drau's love for arjun and Vyasa's citations in support it is now time to see the reason behind it as per Vyasa.There are so many stories going on in the forum misinterpreting Drau's feelings and even her father drupada's intention . In the light of such propaganda also this study is needed.They are claiming that Draupadi actually wanted to be the wife of Yudhi to be the queen of aryavarth and utilise her administrative talents,which is untrue.After arjun wins the contest,Vyasa narrates thus...vid ham tu lakshyam prasamikshya krishnaa."...partham...nirikshya...jagama kuntisutamutsmayanti.Having seen the target hit and looking at partha who is like Indra she is filled with joy and approached him with a garland of white flowers and white robes.The word utsmayanti indicates her ecastacy.So Vyasa's first description itself paves the way to pakshapato mahanasya... By Yudhi.

Coming to the point as per garlanding ofDrau she already became the wife.Here goes the citation of Vyasa...sa taamupaadaaya...patnya taya caapyanugamyamaanah.Arjuna then left the lists closely followed by her, who became his wife.The word patnya by the wife strengthens the fact.So before becoming the wife of five, she already became his wife in the true sense.This also may be the reason for her love towards him. As per Drupada,s wish Vyasa gave too many citations to show his adamant wish to get arjun only as his soninlaw. Let us begi with the verse yajnasenasya kaamastu pandavas ya kiritine...Yajnasenasya Drupada always cherished the desire of bestowing his daughter to arjun Thinking of him only he made a bow that can be bent by only arjun. No one else. Parents always influence children. May be Drupada's obsession must have rubbed on Draupadi.,who loved him without any inhibitions.Still more are coming that proves Drupada's desire for arjun .