Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AnuMP thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
I would even go as far to say the Subhi's importance is solely as Abhi's mother, because Abhi's death became the turning point in the war and because Parikshit became the sole heir.
Even as Krishna's sister or Arjun's wife, she does not add much to the epic.

And in my admittedly limited reading of the epic, I have not come across one narration of ArSu love or even implied love.

If anything, Chitrangada MAY have been a candidate for that spot, because Arjun himself took the initiative to marry her.
amritat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I agree Anu...
In this whole ArSu n Ardi fan war, we forget about Chitrangada...
She was the first wife, with whom Arjun had a conjugal life for the first time...Ulupi was not exactly a wife.
But it was with Chitrangada that Arjun had a proper marital life for the first time n had a son...
Even towards the end, Arjun went to visit Chitrangada again...
In a way, she was really unfortunate that she couldnt live with her husband for such a long time...
I believe she had to stay back bcoz she couldnt leave her son alone at Manipur...
CaptainSpark thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: AnuMP

Brishti

Page 10 has Arjun's reaction on seeing Panchali and page 12 has the one on seeing Subhi. With Panchali it was 'elephant in rut' rushing to a pond of lotuses. With Subhi, he was 'struck by the God of desire'. He had the hots for both women. Love didn't come into it.πŸ˜†

As a matter of fact, KRISHNA asked Arjun to abduct Subhi and actually had to be PUSHED into it by him. Subhi was indifferent at best and at worst was terrified, because it doesn't say anywhere that she was likewise 'struck'.

Where else does Arjun speak of his love for Subhi? Would sincerely like to know. You see I have listed out the instances where Arjun acted out of love for Panchali and not just out of lust. Panchali was called Arjun's 'love' by Vyasa after he returns from his weapon collecting trip in Vana parva. I haven't yet seen Arjun vocalizing his LOVE or sacrificing for Subhi or even Vyasa talking about an ArSu love.

So do give the citations. I would like to see the evidence of ArSu love.

Wow. I guess I am talking to the same person who claimed KMG is not reliable, but Kashmiri version and Nepali version is. The one who said KMG is edited. I don't disagree it is. The one who called Drau mrs Yudhi only. So let's me use the same logic. How ArSu stories have been "deleted by Vyasa" and how all that ArDi citations have been put in later on. Can you prove this wrong? Prove it.

And yeah , regarding citations, Let me tell you there is a whole play called Dhananjaya Subhadra in Telugu. Arjun- Subhadra story is described beautifully in Southern versions. (apart from the Arjun haran part). Morever, Arjun is Nara, Subhadra is Yogmaya. It is pretty clear why they will be attracted towards each other. And yeah, Arjun was smitten by Subhadra and it is only after that Keshav tells Arjun to kidnap her. Keshav did not "push" him into it. What makes you feel Keshav pushed him into it? What citation prove Arjun wasn't interested? It is only in Subhadra's case Arjun shows genuine interest in getting the girl. Subhadra haran was done as they weren't sure of Subhadra having the same feelings. I am talking of Arjun's feelings here. If Arjun would not be that smitten, he would not have to kidnap. He could easily go to the Swayamvar and normally seek her hand. And like done people claim Keshav pushed him, that is utter rubbish and nonsense. Arjun clearly talks about his feelings.

His love for Abhimanyu is greater than any other son. Let us accept the fact that the reason was about him being his first son etc etc. But it is Subhadra who made him forget his earlier marriages, and he kidnapped her and brought her to IP . Claiming he was forced will do no good other than supporting stupid Sid Tewary creation.
AnuMP thumbnail
First of all, how about debating without bringing personal attacks into it?
Btw, I can argue 100 nuances to the same issue, if I want to. That is freedom of thought. I don't however remember going on a personal attack with my posts on any of my personal POVs.

Secondly, can you post citations where Arjun speaks of his love for Subhadra? It may have been edited out as you said, but you did say in previous pages that you can provide citations. I did provide citations for my argument where Arjun felt heavy attraction for both the ladies and examples where he showed his love in many ways to Panchali and she was called Arjun's love by the popularly accepted version.
AnuMP thumbnail
Also,
I personally see IF as entertainment. There are enough things to worry about it real life without attacking each other on IF. I would like limit myself to debating and arguing over the subject.

Btw,

You know what Arjun, Subhadra, Panchali, Krishna, Karna, YudhI etc etc have in common? They are all dead and have been for 5K years.
Edited by AnuMP - 9 years ago
ashne thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Brishti_Sarkar

His love for Abhimanyu is greater than any other son. Let us accept the fact that the reason was about him being his first son etc etc. But it is Subhadra who made him forget his earlier marriages, and he kidnapped her and brought her to IP . Claiming he was forced will do no good other than supporting stupid Sid Tewary creation.

@ Brishti, Abhi was Arjun's 3rd son not first. But the first son he personally knew yes. Since he conveniently never looked up on Iravan or Babru during their growing years.

On Subhadra made him forget his other wives 😲 - where are such things written. That would be utterly disgusting on Arjun's part, if bcoz of Subhadra he forgot his other wives - which apparently he anyway did with regards to Uloopi and Chitra. Panchali was always with Arjun, be it in IP or during exile (not his personal exile). It would be damn hard to forget her, when she is right in front of him, no?

amritat thumbnail
I can see this thread getting reported very soon... πŸ˜†
This is y I love Ardi so much... 😳 Y only lovers but even haters cant stop debating about them... 😳
This thread was exclusively about Draupadi's feelings n nothing else...
Poor TM...she's new to the forum n for the first time opened a thread to merely discuss the Sanskrit Shlokas without dragging any other pair...but this thread has turned into a war-zone... 😭
AnuMP thumbnail
Itdevaralak / TM, you had a trial by fireπŸ˜†. If you are still conscious please continue to post. Don't mind the likes of me, I just like to argue πŸ˜†

Amrita Who is reporting for it to be shut down?πŸ˜† I personally don't care if anyone goes on the attack against me as long as they don't threaten physical harm to me or mine.
Edited by AnuMP - 9 years ago
amritat thumbnail

Originally posted by: AnuMP

TM, you had a trial by fireπŸ˜†. If you are still conscious please continue to post. Don't mind the likes of me, I just like to argueπŸ˜†

Amrita Who is reporting for it to be shut down?πŸ˜†I personally don't care if anyone goes on the attack against me as long as they don't threaten physical harm to me or mine.

Well I might lose my mind after seeing so much aggression n report it myself... πŸ˜†
By the way, I am sure the TM will never make a thread here again... πŸ˜†
Well I personally care a lot if,

Anybody attacks me.
Anybody attacks Draupadi.
Anybody attacks Ardi.

In these matters, I care. A LOT.

Other than these, I dont give a damn to who loves which pair(except ofcourse THAT one)...People can ship for whoever they want to hell or heaven, as long as none of the three above are attacked, n shipping is being done without involving or demeaning other pairs...

I really really feel bad for the TM... 😭 She needs to put disclaimers before writing anything, like I do these days... πŸ˜†
ashne thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: amritat

I really really feel bad for the TM... 😭 She needs to put disclaimers before writing anything, like I do these days... πŸ˜†

That doesn't stop anyone from attacking, venting etc 😊