Did Draupadi really love arjun more?[DT Note Page 22]

ltelidevaralak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Let us examine what hints did Vyasa give to prove Draupadi's love for arjun. In the first meeting itself at the swayamvara,Vyasa initiates us into the blossoming love of the bride while garlanding her winner.He uses the word utsmayanti which means smilingly.vyasa here indicates Draupadi's escstacy as well as excitement in a subtle manner.vyasa proceeds further to describe their union in the verse sachiva devendramathagni I...Here he compares them with sachi and Indra,Sita and Rama,siva and Parvati etc.By this he indirectly emphasises that by fate though being the wife of the five pandavas,she is made for him only.we never see him describe her with her other husbands at any place. Then Vyasa throws us the next hint after Arjun's marriage with subhadra'.Tatraiva guacharo kaunteya yatra saa satvatatmaja...go there where the daughter of Vaasudeva is.The first bond loosens after the second bond happens.Draupadi's sulking and her insecurity about her love getting dominated by subhadra's love is visible here quite clearly.Jealousy exists where there exist love.It is a proven fact.Vyasa did not describe her jealousy in case of her other co wives.In vanaparva,when Krishna visits the pandavas Draupadi expresses her sorrow before him.Here she proudly mentions that she was won by satya sachi just like Krishna won rukmini. Labdhahamapi...savyacachina...And she says this in the presence of all her husbands.vyasa here conveys Draupadi's pride for being won by the ambidextrous warrior by using the word savyacachina.In vanaparva itself Vyasa shows her immense love at the time of bidding farewell when he goes for penance.She confesses that the pain she experienced at the shut sabhaparva is nothing in comparison with the pain that she bears at his separation.The intense love of Draupadi for him can be measured by this one admission itself.vyasa conveyed what the reality is ...To be continued.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.FairyDust. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
In my opinion, I believe she did love him more. She did love all her husbands a lot. She is one of the five eternal virgins.
But before any of that, she was a woman, a young lady with dreams, dreams that she saw her disguised suitor fulfilling...dreams about spending her life by loving him and only him for the rest of her life. So isn't it believable...and natural even that she had a soft corner for Arjun and held him dearer ?

Not only her, any woman in her place would feel that.

Both of them loved each other very dearly, but they were mature and understanding enough to not be too open about it.
They were Lord Krishna's two most important and favorite people in the world after all, how could it not be in them to sacrifice their happiness for the greater good ?

They would. They did.

I'm saying they here, as according to me, the fire was equal on both the sides.

And most of your points are really valid 👏
I would love to read more. Please do continue 😊

PS- Didn't mean to write an essay. Just that this topic brings out such a reaction from me. Always 😆
ltelidevaralak thumbnail

Originally posted by: .FairyDust.

In my opinion, I believe she did love him more. She did love all her husbands a lot. She is one of the five eternal virgins.

But before any of that, she was a woman, a young lady with dreams, dreams that she saw her disguised suitor fulfilling...dreams about spending her life by loving him and only him for the rest of her life. So isn't it believable...and natural even that she had a soft corner for Arjun and held him dearer ?

Not only her, any woman in her place would feel that.

Both of them loved each other very dearly, but they were mature and understanding enough to not be too open about it.
They were Lord Krishna's two most important and favorite people in the world after all, how could it not be in them to sacrifice their happiness for the greater good ?

They would. They did.

And most of your points are really valid 👏
I would love to read more. Please do continue 😊

PS- Didn't mean to write an essay. Just that this topic brings out such a reaction from me. Always 😆

I would definitely continue the remaining
ltelidevaralak thumbnail

Originally posted by: ltelidevaralak

I would definitely continue the remaining

today itself.thank you for your clear vision on this ever interesting part. I want people know Draupadi's real feelings not on the basis of fan fictions
ltelidevaralak thumbnail

today itself.thank you for your clear vision on this ever interesting part. I want people know Draupadi's real feelings not on the basis of fan fictions

but on the basis of Vyasa's narration.
DrShindeSweety thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: .FairyDust.

They would. They did.

Amen, to that . I concur with your emotions totally.
Only, the fire needed to be tempered most times. They sacrificed far too much for family's sake.
mahalaxmi-sita thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Draupadi is my fav character too, there are so many things to talk about her but why do drau fans only talk about Ardi all the time?
ltelidevaralak thumbnail

Let us examine what hints did Vyasa give to prove Draupadi's love for arjun. In the first meeting itself at the swayamvara,Vyasa initiates us into the blossoming love of the bride while garlanding her winner.He uses the word utsmayanti which means smilingly.vyasa here indicates Draupadi's escstacy as well as excitement in a subtle manner.vyasa proceeds further to describe their union in the verse sachiva devendramathagni I...Here he compares them with sachi and Indra,Sita and Rama,siva and Parvati etc.By this he indirectly emphasises that by fate though being the wife of the five pandavas,she is made for him only.we never see him describe her with her other husbands at any place. Then Vyasa throws us the next hint after Arjun's marriage with subhadra'.Tatraiva guacharo kaunteya yatra saa satvatatmaja...go there where the daughter of Vaasudeva is.The first bond loosens after the second bond happens.Draupadi's sulking and her insecurity about her love getting dominated by subhadra's love is visible here quite clearly.Jealousy exists where there exist love.It is a proven fact.Vyasa did not describe her jealousy in case of her other co wives.In vanaparva,when Krishna visits the pandavas Draupadi expresses her sorrow before him.Here she proudly mentions that she was won by satya sachi just like Krishna won rukmini. Labdhahamapi...savyacachina...And she says this in the presence of all her husbands.vyasa here conveys Draupadi's pride for being won by the ambidextrous warrior by using the word savyacachina.In vanaparva itself Vyasa shows her immense love at the time of bidding farewell when he goes for penance.She confesses that the pain she experienced at the shut sabhaparva is nothing in comparison with the pain that she bears at his separation.The intense love of Draupadi for him can be measured by this one admission itself.vyasa conveyed what the reality is ...To be continued.

After arjuna's departure Vyasa throws another hint through Draupadi's own admission that also before her husbands.She addresses Yudhi and wails thus...sunyamiva prapasyami...smaranti savyasachinam.The foret lost its appeal with his departure.Whereever I cast my looks,every thing appears lustreless.she even describes the beauty of dhananjay without any inhibitions.nilambuda sama prakhyam...pundarikaksham...Iam not able to find any happiness without him.The kamyakaforest appears lustreless...an absolutely vivid declaration on part of krishnaa given by Vyasa himself.surprisingly vanaparva provides ample proof through a chain of oral declarations by Draupadi herself.Her physical turmoil as well as mental agony due to arjuna's absence is emphasised by bheema's statement to Yudhi...vrajatyeva hi kalyani sweta vachanam didrukshaya...Draupadi's state is pathetic.she can not bear this strenuous journey to gandhamadan.she is still proceeding due to her desire to see Arjuna.so Vyasa again hints towards the obvious fact.And every pandava brother is aware of it.In another instance Draupadi instigates bheema to fight with yakshas by praising Arjun's valour.Vyasa gives many ...we ,ordinary people may not be able to infer his vision. On the return of arjun,Vyasa uses the word...parisvantya... Arjun meets krishnaa and comforts her Santana dena means makes her relieved from the pain of separation.He gifts her all the Devine ornaments he wore.priyah,priyaayai...The beloved to his beloved.vyasa's usage of words itself enables us to gauge through his intention and most relevantly the indication.Finally when they are going towards viral nagar arjun carries Draupadi on his shoulders on the instruction of Yudhi which was described as a mighty elephant and also a black cloud with lightening.Many times bheema carries Draupadi but vyasa 's direction leads us to the factful statement of Yudhi in mahaprasthanaparva. Any way let us wait and see what is in store for us in the remaining parvas before accepting the ultimate truth.
1Rockstar1 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: indianprincess

Draupadi is my fav character too, there are so many things to talk about her but why do drau fans only talk about Ardi all the time?

Because they are obsessed about a 5,000 old mythology so called love story.. Best love story ever.. 😛
Edited by 1Rockstar1 - 9 years ago
.FairyDust. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Ah thank you so much ! 😊