Frequent Posters

Sphinx. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

from the last day of shoot!
Vr15h thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Has Aham started on anything new as yet? Is the Ashoka role still open?
Sphinx. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
No Vrish! Ashoka was signed by someone that's sure!! but Aham tweeted some couple of days before and said he was busy in making and preparations so that he cud meet us soon and entertain us !! hope he would meet us soon!😊
sania_58 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

In Conversation With The Handsome And Talented Actor Aham Sharma!

He is charming, he is handsome and he is someone who has got a voice to die for!

And not to forget his flawless acting skills and talent of making millions get blown by his charm.

Well, we are talking about the popular and much-loved face of shows like Mahabharat and recently wrapped Manmarziyan. Two different characters- Karan of Mahabharat and Arjun of Manmarziyan, but the popularity both the characters gave to Aham, is worth mentioning.

Fans have been going gaga over this talented actor and have been waiting to see him back on their TV screens. His on-screen chemistry with Monica Sehgal was very much appreciated by the fans and they miss their favorite show Manmarziyan.

Although the show might be over, fans love just keeps on increasing, so finally on fans request we have the much-awaited interview of Aham Sharma!

So here's some of your questions answered by your very own Aham Sharma.

So read on to know what Aham shared in this honest, candid conversation!

How was your experience portraying Arjun Mehra?

It was actually very good. I have said this before also that it's very difficult to get substantial roles in TV, a role which has more shades to perform. On TV, it's mostly female driven subject, though the serial didn't last long but still people liked the show. I was pretty satisfied playing Arjun. The kind of shades it had, it wasn't a monotonous kind of character. As an actor, you want to do roles which are challenging and I am happy that I was given this opportunity.

Your chemistry with Monica was appreciated and loved by many fans, so how's your off-screen equation with her and how was the experience working with her?

It was all really good. We all are very professional actors, we tried to do each and every scene nicely and that's why it came out well. There were not many members on the show, very few people, so we were all like a family. We tried to do our best.

Fans can't wait to see you back onscreen, so any upcoming projects you would like to talk about?

It will be too early to talk about that honestly.

Any dream roles?

Honestly, there are many. Nothing in particular that I would like to do, or I can point out that yes this is what I would like to do. Like Arjun, how can you say that you want to do something like Arjun? It just happened. As an actor you find roles that are challenging, that motivates you to work harder and you have to bring certain elements to it. It just has to keep you on your toes. Any role that is challenging I would love to do that.

Not just from India, fans from different countries have been showering their love and support to you, and also Mahabharat was just phenomenal and even today people talk about it, so what do you want to say about that?

People from all over the world said they watched it and loved it, they can relate to you, I don't think there can be anything better than this. People know about Mahabharat so they were all fascinated by it and it was presented well also so that's why I think it worked well for everyone. When fans shower so much love and appreciation, it just means a lot. It gets very emotional reading some of their letters. I just want to thank them all.

Talking about warrior Karan and multi-shaded Arjun, which character was more challenging and which one you prefer more?

Honestly, I can't prefer anyone. It's difficult for anyone and individual choices. As an actor Its important for me to keep breaking myself and keep doing different roles. I can't get stuck to one. Karan is a hero for many, by default he was a hero, any actor if he does this role would do justice to it. But it's challenging because in this generation you are playing something which is from a different era altogether, someone who is worshiped and talked highly about. So it comes up with certain responsibility and you have to be really on your toes and you just can't go wrong with it. Even if there is the slightest mistake, people will point it out. So it does come up with a certain challenge. The character has got so much depth and tragedy and he is a real hero because he never gave up, he just kept moving on and that inspired many that's why he is a hero for so many people. So yeah it's a dream role for many and I feel I was really lucky that I got to play this character. So it's gonna be special for me all my life. And at the same time as an actor I would like to keep breaking myself, that's why it was my cautious decision not to do any mythological characters. So Arjun had different challenges and it required different sort of preparations and that's what one wants. You just want to keep different elements of human life and that's what you want to portray.

Fans want to know more about your movie Arunachal 1962, when will it release?

It's still under post production, and they still had to shoot one last schedule which we did while I was still shooting for Manmarziyan. The movie is complete now, it's under post production. Most probably firstly it would be showcased in as many film festivals as it can get into. Talking about the story, it's pretty unique. It talks about the political scenario, it talks about why Indo-China war happened and situations back then but it doesn't get much into it. Just an outlook why it happened and the story is of this guy who has been assigned Indo-China border which is under lots of disputes and this guy goes on this journey and how he comes across different situations and how he is in no man's land and how the story unfolds. It's an interesting story and it has got a universal appeal to it. So it's another satisfying role for me because it was another character I played which was far different from my personality and we shot extensively in North East region and it was a different challenge and it brought different excitement altogether.

Fans have been demanding to see you and Monica again in a show. Anything you want to say to them? How does it feel to see so much love showered to you guys in such a short span of time?

It's really great that people loved us and our performances and appreciated our chemistry. I just hope for the best. Every character you play is special for you and unless you don't relate to the character you can't do justice to it so it's like you just can't choose which one is better for you. Arjun is special to me and will remain so. As far as working with Monica or any of the cast, I would love to work with them again. You already get to know each other and you share certain wavelength and all so it's all fine. I just hope for the best, if it happens, it will be good.

Fans find you calm mostly so are you calm in real life too?

Haha how do they know I am calm? (Laughs) In a way, I have been quiet always. Among my close friends, I am probably way too different. I like to have fun, and it can go crazy as well at times, so it depends on the company. They must have probably seen me when I am on set. I do not talk much about my personal life. I just want to be known by my work. Probably I might open up later, certain things come to you naturally. One should never pretend to be someone else, I just can't do it. So if I am on set, I am there to work, even if I am not shooting, I am working, like thinking about scenes and all that so I have to be on that zone right? Otherwise, I do a lot of fun, I like to do many things like many of us. I am just a normal guy like all of us.

Your character of Arjun had many shades, so which one you loved portraying the most?

I can't point out anyone but, in fact, I wanted to bring more comical elements to it. There were very few, in fact, there were hardly few comedy scenes, but I wanted to do more because I have been doing intense roles, I wanted to break it, even Arjun was pretty intense so any lighter mood which I had to do. You know it kind of break the monotony of a character, it shows a different part of Arjun, no matter how intense you are, you do smile at times. In private moments, you won't be that intense all your life. What Arjun must be doing once he was home? When watching TV, was he playing XBOX or joking, there were some parts that should have been explored more if the show lasted longer. I couldn't get to do those shades, so whatever little I had, I enjoyed doing that. I wanted to bring lighter moments of Arjun as well which we couldn't do much.

How was it like working with the cast and crew of Manmarziyan?

It was absolutely fantastic. The entire set, right from the actors to the crew members, to the technicians and all we were so friendly, we would crack jokes with Director and cameraman. It was a youth-centric show, the entire gang was very young and you can't be patient. You keep doing something or the other, it was just fun with all. It was just like how your college gang is like, you do a lot of fun and we all bonded like family.

Some Quick questions:

Who is Aham Sharma off screen?
A simple, hard working guy! The guy who is here to work, I am just focused on doing what I am here for.

Your favorite food?
I am not that foodie. I choose food that I need to eat in order to keep myself fit. I go on that basis, so I don't choose food basis taste.

Favorite holiday destination?
I am yet to explore many destinations, but I would love to go to a place which has lot more culture and history attached to it. Also a place which has got scenic beauty so it totally depends on what I want at the certain point of time to explore.

Favorite Actor or Actress?
Again there are many, you'll go crazy. There are few actors who are always amazing.

If not an actor, you would have been?
I would have been working in a software developing firm. Maybe an IT guy, or doing a normal job which I was doing before getting into acting. So it would have been a normal life, 9-5 job.

First thing that comes to your mind when I talk about your fans?
Thank you and I love them all!

One film you would love to be a part of?
Not just one, I would love to be a part of 100 projects and films, I would love to be a part of all good projects. Good quality oriented project be it for films or TV. There should be quality, it should have something to it, which drives you to be a part of it. Television is a very strong medium, Unless your film clicks, hardly you get to know about it. I just hope we get to do quality and satisfying work.

One thing we don't know about you?
There might be many things, I don't know (And he finally laughs again)

Any message for your lovely fans?

The show has already ended, It's more than a month now, and people still remember it, it's really amazing and they often say they miss the show, it means a lot to us. It just shows we were able to entertain them at a certain level and we are thankful that they watched us and they loved us and they still miss the show. I am working hard to get better at what I do and I hope to entertain you all even better with my forthcoming projects. Just hoping for the best. Just want to thank them and I love them all (And he smiled again).

We wish Aham all the very best for his future projects.

Edited by sania_58 - 9 years ago
sania_58 thumbnail
Hello Friends,

where are U all??? Aham FC completely empty😲😲😲
Anyway, I was checking Aham's twitter A/c to check whether he tweeted or not.
I noticed one thing today.
Aham started following 2 people.Ketaki Walawalkar & Nilanjana P.First one is creative director, & another one is writer.
Common factor in both of them is they are associated with Ek tha Raja ek thi Rani show on Zee Tv.
Aham never follow people so easily.
& Ketaki Walawalkar also started following Aham.
Can we expect any good news???
yaa, I am thinking too much.ohh, My detective mood.

Edited by sania_58 - 9 years ago
..sahana.. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
Knock Knock, anyone here?

@sania_58 - I hope your assumption comes true! Really miss Aham on screen, and he barely tweets. :(
sania_58 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..sahana..

Knock Knock, anyone here?

@sania_58 - I hope your assumption comes true! Really miss Aham on screen, and he barely tweets. :(

Yes, I am here.Waiting for Aham & Ahamians.

My detective nature.😆😆. I am also missing him.Watching old episodes of Mahabharata & Manmarziyan.
Come Back soon Aham darling.
He is not tweeting, not even posting selfies & his recent pic.
..sahana.. thumbnail

Originally posted by: sania_58

Yes, I am here.Waiting for Aham & Ahamians.

My detective nature.😆😆. I am also missing him.Watching old episodes of Mahabharata & Manmarziyan.
Come Back soon Aham darling.
He is not tweeting, not even posting selfies & his recent pic.

Hope that's a sign that he is busy preparing for a new show! I recently was re-watching Mahabharat too, really missed my dear Karna :(
sania_58 thumbnail
Hope so Sahana, that he is busy for his next project.
Yes, I am re-watching Mahabharata Karna.
Aham's best performance.
just watched karna Kavach Kundal daan scene.Aham was marvellous in that scene.

..sahana.. thumbnail

Originally posted by: sania_58

Hope so Sahana, that he is busy for his next project.
Yes, I am re-watching Mahabharata Karna.
Aham's best performance.
just watched karna Kavach Kundal daan scene.Aham was marvellous in that scene.

Yes, he was phenomenal in that scene. I was crying buckets!!

Do you by any chance watch SuryaPutra Karn?