Misbah ul Haq lashes out at his critics

Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

'Hurt' Misbah hits back at critics

Misbah-ul-Haq has hit back at all the local TV critics, including former players, who he felt had been showing a lack of support to Pakistan throughout the World Cup.

Throughout his career as captain, Misbah has been on the receiving end of fierce criticism, and was recently described as being "selfish" and "cowardly" on Pakistani television following the team's loss to India, forcing him to launch a resolute defense.

"It hurts when it comes from senior players who played with us, they did not learn any morality in any form or from any institute. They use such words that the whole world could have been shocked listening to them.

"When everyone is praising Pakistan, they are still standing on their one-point agenda: The batting has flopped because of Misbah, or the bowling has flopped but let's put the blame on Misbah. It's not because of one man. I didn't attack the Sri Lankan team nor have I finished international cricket in Pakistan," Misbah sarcastically quipped.

"It's such problems that we have to face it. It's not right to put the blame on me. I wasn't in the team in 2007 or 2003. Somebody should ask them why the team made early exits then. They should give solutions for Pakistan and should think before speaking on television.

"These people are neither supporting Pakistan nor the team. It's a big loss. There should be some criteria to let someone sit on television. It should be not like if someone is not getting any job, he should be allowed to come on television."

The guys has finally spoken. 😆

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

iSakeena thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
hahahaha too good i love him :))
farahs_6 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Totally agree with him... Loved his press conference yesterday... Agree with almost everything he said... He was really unfairly criticised for almost everthing in our cricket by some of our media commentators esp on geo.. Loved the way he said... Srilankan team par hamla main ne karaya..aur na hi main ne international cricket khatam karayi Pak main... Poor poor man..it was high team he gave a shut up call to his critcs...He took over as a captain when Pak cricket was going through its worst period with fixing scandal of butt Amir and Asif... Every one thought pak cricket was over... But his overall results are comparatvely better... whitewashed england in test series when they were no 1, also beat australia 2-0 in tests recently... And he was right in pointing out tht why didnt his current critics ( Mohd Yousuf, Shoaib Akhtar) win Pak world cups in 2003, 2007 where they were out in first round... This time... Alot of players were out of the team just before the world cup, whether due to injury or bowling action which no one had thought before... Ajmal, junaid, hafiz were not in the team and in quarter final..irfan was also out..we played with half of our team and then lost to Austrailia in quarter final unlike in 2007 where they lost to ireland and got out of world cup... Mohd Yousuf and Shaoib Akhtar should have some shame in criticising him like tht... In 2003 our team was full of super stars including Shoaib amd Yousuf and still got out in first round..and yet only Misbah is criticised ... And Shoaib Akhtar especially should sink his head in shame for making fun of Pak team in India..
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Some of the stuff that the likes of Sikandar Bakht, Yousuf or Akthar etc have said were more personal than anything else. I heard Sikandar ripping Misbah apart when there were 10 other players on the team who arguably deserved more criticism than this guy. However, I do think that the likes of Yousuf and Akthar degrading Misbah is pretty unfair because Misbah has played with these guys and the former 2 never helped Pakistan win any world cup. Yousuf can't even captain..he sucked so badly. It's good to see Misbah give it back to them but at the same time, we played shitty and apart from a few individual performances..everyone sucked. A lot of the criticism is fair but there's just no need to get personal.
Edited by starstruckk - 9 years ago
queen_of_hearts thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
haters gonna hate.. love misbah alot.he is the most struggling captain ever..
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I think this was much needed. People were getting really personal and calling him all sort of names especially those whose own career were full of controversies. It was more like "pot calling the kettle black".