Until You - A ZAYA OS (PartA,B,C,D-pg 1)

AnnRosewood thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

A/N: Inspired by Penelope Douglas's Bully'

-----------------------------------------------------------

Dedication: To Priya (@priyashegufta) ..this girl here has made me smile on numerous occasions..this one's for you!

PART A

------------------------------------------

There are some people we like and some we don't.

Then there are those whom we love and others whom we hate.

And even with her hatred cast aside,she did not like what was happening at the moment.

Being in France for one year of her Senior High,she had forgotten about his rowdy parties that had kept her awake on certain nights for the three years before she went to France..

Aaliya looked at the clock on her nightstand-The red numbers were glowing in the dark. They read 1.30 am.

The old Aaliya would have stayed back and not roused herself from the comfort and security that her bed offered.But she was no longer the same person,the one year in France had changed her.Aaliya Ghulam Haider was not going to waste her sleep over him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The foyer was littered with empty red cups,a nd bits and pieces of food. The music was bouncing off the walls and splitting her eardrums. She wondered why he neighbours had not complained about it yet!

Girls in s**tty dresses, that barely covered their skin ,were pressed up against the jocks of Greensfield High School, but he was nowhere to be seen.

"Aaliya..?" her skin crawled and back stiffened when she heard his voice. It was Jaxon.His best friend. And the guy who had taken equal interest and initiative as him,to make her life a living hell.

"What are you doing here.?" She turned back to face him. The contempt and disgust in his eyes were clear to her..they made her feel low..like she was not even worth of the dirt beneath their shoes.

"I-I need to have a brief word with Zain.."

"Zain?Really? I don't think he has time for you right now..he's busy screwing that blonde bombshell Piper""

Aaliya cringed and felt like someone had punched her in the gut and the fact that Jaxon was feasting his eyes on her present state of undress was doing no good either.

"But you look pretty tonight..."She looked down at her clothes.She was in her baby blue boyshorts and ratty old t-shirt that peeked out from beneath her black hoodie...

"I wouldn't mind pleasuring you"You're still a virgin right?"
"Shut up Jaxon! I need to talk to Zain right now!"

"Well Zain is not here and until he comes-no pun intended, why don't we discuss why you're still a virgin, when you should have lost it long time back..you do know that during the first year of high school there were many guys who wanted to get into your pants..but poor you never got the chance right?

Aaliya, why do you think Arthur never turned up, when he had promised to take you out for Halloween Dance..?That's because the day before we had made sure that the whole of Greensfield knew that you had lice in your hair.Now do you remember the day when all the girls found pamphlets on Treatment for genital warts inside your locker..why do you think Brad dumped you even before you guys could make it to your first date..which guy would like to go out with an infected geel like you.Why do you think guys repelled awayfrom you..because Zain made sure that your high school turned into a living hell.a nightmare..But don't worry maybe I can take what you have been holding off---"his words hung in the air. She was not going to cry. Not even after knowing the reasons why none of her dates lasted for over a week..he had been cruel to her,but these new revelations just made her feel nauseous.

"What the hell are you doing in my house?" his look was wrathful.

His brown eyes were like storm clouds, swirling with determination and vigour. They glittered in sunlight but appeared blank and cold in the shadows of the night. He hated her.

Zain Osman Abdullah hated her and there was nothing new to it. She had come to terms with this fact a long time back. He was a jerk. A guy whose once loving nature towards her was just a faded memory now and nothing else. Her' Zain never came back from Florida where he had gone to visit his father,for the summer.

The guy who was standing on the stairs flanked by a girl ,whom she presumed was Piper,hated her and left no stones unturned when it came to destroying her high school experience and turning it into nothing but an embodiment of bad memories, embarrassments and hurtful words.

Her eyes lingered over him-his tousled hair,the black t-shirt and the air of rugged jeans that hung off his hips suggestively. And once again she had to remind herself that the attractive guy who was standing in front of her was and in whose eyes she had seen a frisson of desire and hatred for her, was not her best friend. And that she hated him.

Her best friend Katie's words kept ringing in her ears- you need to fight back Aaliya

"I'm your neighbour,and that is why am saying this to you politely..turn down the volume. Its past 1.30 am and you're violating the rules.."

"It's a Friday night too.."

"If you don't listen,I'll be forced to call the cops.."

"And do you think the cops will come running to you..'his words gained snickers from the bystanders, which were directed towards her.

"I'll call your mother.."

"I don't think she going to drive all the way from Chicago at this hour of the night.."

"Fine."She ahd said that and backed out of the room and into the living room. It was time for her to fight back.

The pandemonium began the moment she shouted cops',driving the minors and some majors into the streetto scramble back into their cars.. They were too drunk to even notice that the cops were not there in the neighbourhood. Ma at this hour of the night.."

"Fine."She ahd said that and backed out of the room and into the living room. It was time for her to fight back.

The pandemonium began the moment she shouted cops',driving the minors and some majors into the streetto scramble back into their cars.. They were too drunk to even notice that the cops were not there in the neighbourhood. Maybe it was not a good idea to send drunkards out into the street at this hour,but she was left with no other choise.

She was about to walk away,when she felt a tug at her hand,and within the next moment,her back slammed against the wall of the foyer.

Her eyes bulged out,she was trapped within the cage of his arms, and there was no way she could escape.

"What you did was not right---"His eyes were cold and distant, spewing venomous hatred.

"You'll have to pay for this Ms. Aaliya Ghulam Haider.I'm gonn amakeyou cry for this..by next week,its apromise."
"You have already made me cry countless times.."She said softly, and raising her middle finger,she tapped the corner of her eyes."You know what this is? It's me wiping away the last tears you'll ever get.."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Monday)

It was hard keeping up with him. It had always been hard. But she wouldn't be following him had the incident not taken place. Zain Abdullah had beaten the shit out of a potential boyfriend-Ben Jamison and she was sure that ben would never even look her way. He was about to kiss her,when the blow came and landed right across his face,making him lose balance and land on the ground-bleeding. He ahd a broken nose and a cut lip. And Aaliya Ghulam haider had no effing idea what Zain Abdullah was up to!

"Zain-Zain.."She caught the sleeve of his shirt and rounded him up around the corner of the empty hallway.

"What was that?"she was not going to let him off the hook this time! He had no right to hurt the people associated with him and he had crossed a line today. She had hoped that he had lost his interest in bullying her,but that was clearly not the case.

"What was what?"
"Why did you hurt Ben Jamison? What's wrong with you Zain?"
"Because I had overheard him talking to his friends that he was planning to""

"Planning to what Zain? Have sex with me? Rape me? What? Why can't you just leave me alone!Why do you hate me so much?"

There was a time when she had loved getting attention from him and she didn't mind the way he was looking at her right now,making her knees weak and rekindling an undiscovered emotion within her body. And she had to remind herself once again that she hated him. And his silence was doing no good to her escalating anger.

"You know why you do all these things..because you get off by hurting others,by hurting me..by hating me. Because you want others to give you attention,which you don't get from your alcoholic mother and absentee father.."his eyes flickered for a second,before his jaw clenched and he looked away before retuning his cold ,distant gaze back to her.

And in that moment she realized that ,that was how bullies were made. She had purposely made him feel unloved and unwanted. She had told him that he was alone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From

Ann

Edited by AnnRosewood - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AnnRosewood thumbnail

PART B

"Do you think I'l be able to get into Columbia." She had planned to get into Columbia for pre-med. The You' in question was her Grandma,who was visiting her. Somehow,her dad had felt uneasy when he had heard her voice over the phone call from germany.After her mother's death,her dad spent most of his time doing his research,that was the only way for him to keep his sanity..

So he had flown all the way to Germany to complete his research leaving her alone in the house.

In one word he trusted her. There were few simple rules- respect your elders,take care of your body,finish what you start and solve your own problems. As long as she kept up with her good grades and stayed out of danger,she was allowed to stay alone in the house.

And the arrangement was not much of a problem, for she was going to be eighteen in a week..

"I have those gut feelings,you know...that you're going to get in.."

"Well granny you also had said that my first kiss would be magical,it didn't quite turn out to be ,did it?"she let out a soft chuckle.

"I thought that it would be with that boy next door.."

"Granny! There was never anything like that between us,ever..we were friends..that's all'

"Child both of you were joined at the hips..I have noticed the way he stole glances at you,when you both were kids..or the number of times,he came to your room for secret sleepover.."

"How..?"

"This old woman knows a lot of things that you don't know..So how is he doing? Is he talking to you..does he still hate you..?" She had stopped engaging her family with all the details about her bully-Zain.

"He still ahtes me,there's nothing new and I don't care anymore..I have let him go a long time ago.."

"Making yourself vulnerable is not always a sign of weakness. It is a wiser way to draw that person out. Acting like you don't care is not letting it go Aaliya..have you ever spoken to him,asked him why he hates you..Is he aware that his actions hurt you..."

She had asked herself the same question over and again and failed to find the answers. Maybe it was better that way, that she remained unaware of the real reason and keep on believing that he did what he did to her, because he was a jerk!.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He gripped both sides of the refrigerator and pressed his head into the stainless steel. It didn't matter, he told himself. Everything was okay. He had shitty parents, but who didn't? He'd pushed Aaliya away, but there were other girls out there. He had no idea what the f**k he was going to do with his life, but he was only eighteen"or almost eighteen.

Everything. Was. Fine.

He gripped the sides harder, willing himself to believe the lie.

And then he saw himself, alone in a kitchen, and holding a refrigerator. Telling himself that his life was good.

f**k.

He started pounding the steel doors. Every muscle in his body felt choked as he slammed my palm against the appliance again and again. Madman yelped and scurried away.

All the shit his mom had sitting up on top turned over or shattered to the ground, and he just kept going. Using both hands to slam it time and again against the wall.

Nothing hurt if he knew he had her.

She was messing with his head. Why couldn't he just forget her?

Zain stopped, his shoulders slumped, forcing air in and out of his lungs, but it was never enough. HE turned around to head up the stairs. If his mom was gone for the night, then there was no harm in bringing out the Jack. Since she was an alcoholic, he kept hidden. But tonight Zain needed a way out. He couldn't stomach the hurt. He couldn't deal, and he needed to be numb.

On his way up the stairs, he noticed that the front door was open.

Shit.

It must not have latched when he'd slammed it before. And Madman got out, no doubt.

Zainkicked the door shut. Hard.

Even the dog had left.

Once in his room, Zain went to the stash Jaxon and he had skimmed from his father and pulled out a bottle.

Flinging off his hoodie and shirt, he kicked off his boots and unscrewed the bottle, swallowing massive gulps to drown out her voice in his head.

But walking over to the window, he instantly stilled.

There she was.

Dancing.

Closing her eyes and jumping around.

An image of her in a purple nightgown came to mind, but he couldn't place it.

She looked ridiculous and couldn't dance any better than him. He almost laughed when she threw the devil ears up in the air and screamed along to the music. His chest swelled with the urge to hold her.

And right then and there, he wanted her back.

But what the hell was he going to say to her? He couldn't tell her everything.

Not everything.

He brought the bottle back up to his lips, closed his eyes, and forced the bile back down his throat.

There was nothing to say. The guy she knew when they were fourteen was gone. His parents had left him. . She'd left me.

The stinging nip of hatred and hell crawled its way up his neck and into his head until his nerves burned so badly that he wanted to rip off his skin just to breathe.

He launched the bottle across the room where it slammed against the wall before spilling to the floor.

Goddammit!

Leaving the room and charging down the stairs, Zain went crazy. He kicked over chairs, smashed pictures, and went to bat with some pottery and crystal. He shattered everything, swinging the fire poker at everything and anything. Every picture that his mother had ofhim smiling and every figurine that gave the impression that they were a happy household was destroyed. In two hours, the house was ripped apart from top to bottom as he got lost and exhausted.

When all was done, the house was a disaster, and he was covered in sweat.

But he was as high as a kite. Nobody could hurt he if he could hurt them.

Blissfully numb and calm, he parked myself outside on the back porch with another bottle of Jack from his supply and let the rain cool him down. Zain didn't know how long he was out there, but he was finally breathing and that felt good. There's something to be said for acting like a five-year-old and breaking some things. Control had finally settled over him again, and he just sat there and drank, soaking up the quiet in his head.

"Zain?"

He twisted my head and immediately lost his breath. Aaliya?. No, no, no...

She was here? And in shorts and a tank top?

Zain turned back around, hoping she'd go away. He didn't want to do anything stupid. He'd finally calmed down, but his head was nowhere near straight enough to deal with her right now.

"Zain the dog was barking outside. I rang the doorbell. Didn't you hear it?"

Damn, she was so close. He could feel the pull. He wanted to get closer. To sink into her arms until he couldn't even remember yesterday.

She walked around in front of him, into the rain, and his fingers tingled. They wanted her.

Zain glanced up, only for a moment, unable to resist the pull.. She was drenched. And he looked down again, knowing what he would do if he kept looking. Her wet shirt stuck to her body, but she tried to hide it by crossing her arms. Her legs glistened with the water dripping down, and her shorts clung to her toned, wet thighs.

"Zain? Would you answer me?" she yelled. "The house is trashed."

He tried looking at her again. Why? Every time he saw her, he wanted to bury his heart and body inside of her.

"The dog ran away," Zain choked out. What the hell?

"So you threw a temper tantrum? Does your mom know you did that to the house?"

And that's when the wall went back up. His mother. Aaliya looking at him like he couldn't control myself. Like he was weak.

He didn't want to hurt her anymore, but he wasn't letting her in, either.

"What do you care? I'm nothing, right? A loser? My parents hate me. Weren't those your words?" Yes, this was easier. Just push back.

She closed her eyes, looking embarrassed. "Zain, I should never have said those things. No matter what you've""

"Don't apologize," He interrupted, swaying as he stood up to hover over her. "Groveling makes you look pathetic."

She yelled something at me, but he was too lightheaded and aggravated to register what she was saying as he walked back into the house.

She followed Zain inside, and he tuned her out as he dried off the dog. But then she took the control out of his hands again when she rushed to empty his bottle down the drain.

What?

"you!" he ran up to her and tried prying the Jack out of her hands. "This is none of your business. Just leave." Zain didn't want her here to see him like this. She shouldn't care about him. He'd done nothing to earn it. And he didn't need it or her!

He jerked the bottle, and her body came flush with his .

She was the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen. And angry, she was even hotter. A fire was in her eyes, and her full bottom lip glistened from the rain. He didn't want to stop this for anything. He wanted to lose all of his energy on her.

In more ways than one.

He saw her raise her hand, and his head jerked to the side with the sting of her hand, and he stood there for a moment, stunned.

She hit me!

Zaindropped the bottle. He didn't give a damn about it anyway, and hehauled her up onto the counter. Hedidn't know what he was doing, but it was out of his control. And for once, he had no problem with that.

She met his eyes, not looking away for a second, as her body squirmed against his. He shouldn't be holding her like this. heshouldn't be crossing this line with her. But he had Aaliya in his arms for the first time in over three years, and hewasn't letting go. The more Zain looked at her, and the more she let him touch her, he was completely hers.

And he hated and loved that at the same time.

"You f**ked me up today."

"Good," she challenged, and his hold on her tightened.

Zain jerked her into him again. "You wanted to hurt me? Did you get off on it? It felt good, didn't it?"

"No, I didn't get off on it," she answered way too calmly. "I feel nothing. You are nothing to me."

No. "Don't say that." He hadn't pushed her away completely. He still had her, didn't he?

Zain could smell her sweet breath as she leaned in, her lips moist with heat and sex. "Nothing," she repeated, taunting him, and he was instantly as hard as rock. "Now, get off""

Zain took her mouth, eating up her sweet little whimper. She was his, and that was it. Her smell, her skin, everything invaded his world, and he couldn't see straight. His head felt dazed, like he was underwater, weightless and quiet. God, she tasted good.

He sucked on her bottom lip, tasting what he'd been dying to get at for years. And he wanted to taste her everywhere. He went too fast, but he couldn't control himself. It was like he needed to fit in all the lost time right now.

Her chest was pressed into his, and he was between her legs. He tried to catch his breath between kisses. This was where he wanted to be, and why the hell hadn't he seen that sooner? She wasn't fighting him, and he smiled as she stretched her neck back for him , inviting him in. Zain released his hold and dug his hands into her body, pulling her into his hips, so she could feel how much he wanted her.

She'd wrapped her legs around him, and he ran his hands up her thighs, in complete awe of her soft, hot skin. They weren't going to effing move until his hands or mouth had been on every part of her.

As he kissed her neck, she brought his face back up to her lips, and he reveled in how she responded. She wanted this as much as he did.

Hell, yes.

He knew he didn't deserve it. He knew she deserved more. But he was going to bury himself in this girl or spend his life trying. He couldn't get her close enough or kiss her fast enough. hewanted more.

He dove for the little spot under her ear, smelling and aching for her. he felt freer with her body wrapped around mine than he had in years.

"Zain, stop." She pulled her head away from me, but Zain just kept going. He was about to carry her off when she yelled, "Zaim! I said stop!" And she pushed him away.

He stumbled back, shocked out of his trance. Blood raced through him like Niagara Falls, his body screaming for her so hard. Zain stood there, trying to figure out what to say to her to bring her back to him, but she didn't give him a chance. She just leapt off the counter and ran out of the house.

Goddamn.

He had no idea what the hell he was going to do now, but one thing was for damn certain.

They weren't done.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AnnRosewood thumbnail

A/N: This part has many excerpts from the original book to maintain the integrity of the story..

PART C

It was only six o'clock, and she had some chapters for Catcher in the Rye due tomorrow as well as some questions for Physics, but it was no use fighting the drowsiness. Aaliya set her alarm for four a.m., giving her enough time to get up and do her school work, and went to the French doors to draw the curtains.

She noticed the wind picking up and the sky overshadowed with ashen clouds. The neighborhood trees were still a vibrant green, and the voltage that suddenly coursed through the sky made a tiny, grateful smile flash across her face. Knowing a storm was on its way calmed her, so she left the doors open.

Stunned awake by a piercing crash, Aaliya sat up in bed trying to get hery bearings. She wiped the grogginess from her eyes while yawning. Looking around the room, she noticed that the French doors were still open, and the rain was falling steadily outside. Glancing at her clock, she saw that she 'd been asleep for about six hours.

Peeling off the covers and stepping out of bed, she went to the railing outside her French doors and took in the spectacle of thunder and lightning around the midnight sky. That must've been what had woken her. The chilly air gave her goose bumps, and droplets of rain fell on her skin. Thankfully, it wasn't falling in buckets. Otherwise, her floor would've been soaked.

She studied the tree next to her doors, taking into consideration that the rain coming through the canopy of leaves was light. With her heartbeat surging through her chest, she grabbed onto the crown molding around her door, put her foot on the railing and hoisted herself up. Aaliya held one of the branches above her head and touched her foot to another branch jutting into the railing. Delicious fear heated up her muscles and reminded her that she'd been a lot braver as a child. She inched out until the branches got thicker and then teetered until she reached the trunk.

Sitting down in her old space, the familiar pitter-patter of raindrops hitting leaves welcomed her home. Propped with her back against the trunk and her legs resting on the thick branch from where she came, she glorified in how easy it was to reclaim this simple part of herself. She hadn't been out here in years.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a light, possibly from the front porch, of Zain's house pop on. Seconds later, a girl came running down the front pathway with a black sweatshirt over her head. She couldn't see her face, but she knew who it was when she saw the car she was running towards.

Piper.

At Zain's house.

At midnight.

There was no sign of him, and the porch light flickered off as soon as she was in her car. The uncontrollable pounding in her chest started, so she closed my eyes for several minutes trying to get back the peace she was enjoying just a minute ago.

"Sitting on a tree during a thunderstorm? You're some kind of genius." The deep voice almost shocked her right out of the tree. Her eyes popped open, and she twisted around to see Zain leaning out his window. He was clothed, at least. That made her feel better after seeing Piper leave his house.

"I like to think so, yes," Aaliya mumbled, turning back to the storm. Her anger with Zain had lessened. Considerably. After her hateful words to him today, I just felt embarrassed and ashamed now.

"Tree ? Lightning ? Ring any bells?"

Of course she knew it was dangerous. That's what made it so fun.

"It never mattered to you before," Aaliya pointed out, keeping her eyes focused on the glistening road shining under the streetlights.

"What? You sitting in a tree during a storm?"

"No, me getting hurt." The urge to look at him was strong. She wanted to see his eyes so badly that it felt like an invisible hand was forcing her face to turn to him. SHE wanted him to see me. She wanted him to see us.

There was no response for several seconds, but she knew he was still there. her body reacted to his presence, and she could feel his eyes on her .

"Aaliya?" His voice sounded soft and gentle, and she instantly felt warm all over. But then he spoke again. "I wouldn't care if you were alive or dead."

All the air left her body, and she sat on the tree branch feeling completely defeated.

No more. She couldn't do this anymore. There was no life in feeling like this. It was all a game to him, but she didn't have the heart to play it anymore. She was not strong. She was not a bully. She not happy. She knew what she needed to do.

I'm letting you go. A voice said at the back of her head...

"Zain?" she said, still staring out to the rain-soaked street. "I'm sorry about what I said to you today."

Aaliya looked over to him, but he was gone.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As she pushed through AP English and Government, she was already yawning with exhaustion .

"Sit down everyone, please!" Mrs. Penley shouted over the clatter of moving desks and laughter. They had just finished their discussion on the assigned chapters in Catcher in the Rye and were moving their desks back to normal position. The class was energized about the story. Half of them, she thought, were thankful that it wasn't a farming story like they thought, and everyone liked the idea of the rebellious teenager who smoked too many cigarettes.

The discussion had sucked for her. They'd been forced to move their desks into a circle, so that they could make eye contact with anyone that spoke. Zain kept flashing her smirks, no doubt fully informed of his progress on Operation Kill Tate.

The silvery feeling coursing down her arms and legs made her want to scream until the force of her upset made him magically disappear.

I wouldn't care if you were alive or dead.

Aaliya hated admitting to herself that she did care whether he was alive or dead. She'd been stung every day he didn't want her near him.

But that baggage that you aren't letting out is weakening you. Grandma was right. She was in no better position now than she was before she decided to fight back.

"Now, class," Mrs. Penley instructed from the front of the classroom. "Before we copy down assignments for homework, I want to touch base about your monologues. Remember, these are due in two weeks. I'll have a sign-up sheet outside the door, and you can pick your day. Your monologue can be from the list I gave you or you can choose another one with my approval. Now, I'm not looking for Oscar-worthy performances," she reassured, "so don't get scared. This isn't theater after all. Just perform the monologue and turn in the essay using the rubric I gave you explaining how that monologue reinforces the theme of the book or film." Mrs. Penley drifted off as people started to get out notebooks and copy down the assignment from the board.

Acting like you don't care is not letting it go.

Isn't it about time you fought back?

I want your heart to be free.

Weariness wadded her heart. She turned around to look at Zain. His eyes lifted from his notebook, and his eyes sharpened on her.

She wanted to walk down the hall and know there was no pain around the next corner. She wanted him to stop. And yes, she admitted, she wanted to know him again.

But that baggage that you aren't letting out is weakening you.

Before she could stop herself, she turned back around and thrust her hand in the air. Tightness knotted her stomach as she felt like she'd stepped into someone else's dream. "Mrs. Penley?"

"Yes, Aaliya?" Mrs. Penley was standing at her desk, writing something on a post-it.

"We have five minutes left of class. May I perform my monologue now?" she sensed eyes and ears shifting her way, the whole class focusing its attention on her.

"Um, well, I wasn't expecting to grade anything yet? Do you have your essay ready?" Mrs. Penley stuck the pen in her hand into her tight bun.

"No, I'll have that by the due date, but I would really love to perform it now. Please."

Aaliya watched the wheels turn in her head as she probably worried if she was prepared, but she flashed her pleading eyes on her to hopefully make her see that she wanted to get this over with.

"Okay," she exhaled, "if you're sure you're ready." She motioned for her to come up front, while she moved aside to lean against the wall.

Aaliya rose from her chair and walked to the front of class, feeling the burn of looks on her back. Turning to face everyone, her heart pounded like a jackhammer in her chest. She swept her eyes across the room before beginning. If she didn't meet his eyes, she would be able to do this.

"I like storms," she started. "Thunder, torrential rain, puddles, wet shoes. When the clouds roll in, I get filled with this giddy expectation."

Just keep going, Aaliya. She tried to envision that she was speaking to my dad or grandma. Keep it natural.

"Everything is more beautiful in the rain. Don't ask me why." her shoulders shrugged. "But it's like this whole other realm of opportunity. I used to feel like a superhero, riding my bike over the dangerously slick roads, or maybe an Olympic athlete enduring rough trials to make it to the finish line."

Her smile spread with the memories. Memories of Zain and her.

"On sunny days, as a girl, I could still wake up to that thrilled feeling. You made me giddy with expectation, just like a symphonic rainstorm. You were a tempest in the sun, the thunder in a boring, cloudless sky."

"I remember I'd shovel in my breakfast as fast as I could, so I could go knock on your door. We'd play all day, only coming home for food and sleep. We played hide and seek, you'd push me on the swing, or we'd climb trees. Being your sidekick gave me a sense of home again."

She exhaled, finally relaxing, and hereyes drifted over to meet his. She saw him watching her, breathing hard, almost as if he was frozen. Stay with me, Zain.

"You see," her eyes stayed on him, "when I was ten, my mom died. She had cancer, and I lost her before I really knew her. My world felt so insecure, and I was scared. You were the person that turned things right again. With you, I became courageous and free. It was like the part of me that died with my mom came back when I met you, and I didn't hurt anymore. Nothing hurt if I knew I had you." Pools of tears filled her eyes as the class leaned in to listen to her.

"Then one day, out of the blue, I lost you, too. The hurt returned, and I felt sick when I saw you hating me. My rainstorm was gone, and you became cruel. There was no explanation. You were just gone. And my heart was ripped open. I missed you. I missed my mom." her voice cracked, and she didn't wipe away the tear that fell.

"What was worse than losing you was when you started to hurt me. Your words and actions made me hate coming to school. They made me uncomfortable in my own home." she swallowed, and the knot in her chest lessened.

"Everything still hurts, but I know none of it is my fault. There are a lot of words that I could use to describe you, but the only one that includes sad, angry, miserable, and pitiful is "coward." In a year, I'll be gone, and you'll be nothing but some washout whose height of existence was in high school." Her eyes were still on Zain, and her voice got strong again. The ache in her face from trying to hold back tears eased. "You were my tempest, my thunder cloud, my tree in the downpour. I loved all those things, and I loved you. But now ? You're an effing drought. I thought that all the a**holes drove German cars, but it turns out that pricks in Mustangs can still leave scars."

This was it. Zain could push her, hurt her, take what he wanted, but showing him that he had hurt, but not broken her was how she won. Euphoria settled in herstomach as waves of contentment washed over her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next part will be updated day after tomorrow..

P.S. This is not exactly like the orginal novel..some excerpts have been taken, scenarios changed here and there and quite a lot of things and details just edited, to suit the os.

From

Ann

AnnRosewood thumbnail

Here we come to the end of Until You ,I hope you all liked this different version of the original novel, which is way bigger than this. Enjoy!

PART D

"Who had left a balloon?

"I brought your mom the balloon yesterday," Zain admitted as if reading her mind.

"Why?" Her voice shook. It was nice of him to do something like that.

"Because chicks like pink stuff." He shrugged his shoulders and made light of his gesture. He didn't want attention. He never did.

"Zain!," she scolded, waiting for a real answer.

He smiled to himself. "Because she made you." And he wrapped his skinny arm around her neck and yanked her into his side. "You're the best friend I've ever had, and I wanted to tell her thank you."

Aaliya paused, her breath rising in visible puffs, then she remembered why she came. She need to talk to her and this is the only way. She was not here for her, not really. She was here for herself. The proximity to her frigid bones and the gift of flowers would close the gap between them for a moment, and in that brief window of time she would feel her love again.She needed to feel her mother sitting close to her..she needed to feel her warmth,because she was vulnerable. There was not one ounce of energy left in her..

Maybe her Grandma was right when she said that her mother had taught her to be strong because she perhaps knew that she won't be there for her in future,but she felt her strength fall apart in front of him..All these years of being a high school outcast and allowing him to hurt her,had changed the Aaliya Haider she knew...

She had never liked cemeteries ,but somehow..he had made her fall in love them..he had said,that it was a way to feel closer to her mother...

"Aaliya.."

Her back stiffened. She had given him everything. She had allowed him to see how hurt she was..what more did he want?

"What are you doing here ..Zain..?" she wiped her tears with the back of her sleeves,the fact that he still remembered her hiding spot ,didn't offer her any solace..

He raised his hand to touch her shoulders, but she was quick to move away...

"Aaliya we need to talk..."

"I don't think there's anything left between us Zain...just leave me alone for today..I need to be alone Zain.."

"I can't."
She looked up at him.

"I have left you alone for a long time..look where it got us.."
"I'm clingy and a nuisance ..remember you called me these things before I left for France..isn't it better if you keep your distance from me..?"
""You were never clingy or a nuisance, Aaliya. The day you moved in next door I thought you were the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen. I f**king loved you." Zain raked his hand through his hair.

"I love you more than myself, more than my own family, for Christ's sake. I don't want to take another step in this world without you next to me,"

"Aaliya..say something please..."

"You don't get to say these things after hurting me for so long..you don't Mr.Abdullah...You can't hate me one day and come and say that you love me,the other day..life doesn't work in that way Zain...After years of hurt and lost time you don't deserve it.."

There are times when we can blame a situation on others, but we own our reactions to them. There comes a point where we are the ones responsible for our choices and excuses don't carry weight anymore.

"Why do you hate me..Zain..?"

"I don't hate you.."

"And you want me to believe what you say..why would I do that?"

"Because I don't mean nothing to you.."

She stopped. And so did her breathing. He was right. Once again. He was damn right. He meant more to her,than she would ever be able to comprehend..

"My father called me up..back that summer..he wanted to spend some time with me..I didn't want to go at first and then ..I wanted to spend my summer without you.I went to your house,your grandma was there..she was baking cookies..she said that you were not at home..I went to the pond where we used to go..I knew that you would be there..and -"he continued. "And you were there..with your parents.. a happy family,I would never have..no matter how much I pretended that everything was going well in my house..I was angry at you..I know Aaliya,it was not your fault..but I just wanted to blame someone..And then I went to my dad..and...he gave me the deepest scars of my life..he was abusive.. a drunkard..I saw how your eyes stilled when they fell on my back during the last pool party that we attended before we left for summer. When I came back from my vacation'..I wanted to hurt everyone around me..I wanted hate them.I wanted to hurt him..but I couldn't so..I turned to hurting you..Everyone accepted the new Zain,but you were the only one who held out hope that you zain was still there..It was easy to hurt you Aaliya..because in that way you would remember me...you would still give me attention even if it was negative..i wanted to be there on your mind.always..but I couldn't tell you all that I had gone through that summer...because I wanted to keep you away from all of it, even it meant I would get nothing but your hatred.."

"Mistakes can be dealt with. Loss of time can't." her tears were staining her face, and this is all that she had to say..

"You don't trust me.."

"You're right Zain..I don't know if I can trust you again..would you have trusted me,if you were in my place..?"
"I can't change the past, Tate. I wish I could, because I'd go back and relive every day that I existed without you, and I'd make sure that you smiled." My eyes burned with regret, and I saw the pools in her beautiful blues, too. "Every minute of my future belongs to you."

He was giving her the same look she got Wednesday night right before he kissed her, and she knew she hadn't imagined anything. It was anger and desire mixed together to make something hot enough for her knees to go weak.

"You have every right not to trust me, Aaliya. I know that. My f**king heart is ripping open right now. I can't stand the way you're looking at me. I could never hurt you again. Please...let's try to fix this together."

"Are you mine?" she asked as she wiped her tears.
He kissed the corners of her mouth softly, and she felt heat rise up her neck. "Always have been,"
he whispered against my mouth."

"Aaliya, you're mine, and I'm yours. Every day you're
going to realize that more and more. When you believe it without a doubt, then I'll have earned your
trust."

Zain put a hand to her face and guided her eyes to his "We never lost that. As much as I tried, I
could never erase you from my heart. That's why I was such an asshole and kept guys away from my girl..You were always mine."

"I'm yours.." The words felt knew even to her...She hugged him tight...maybe they would be able to make it though..maybe they would be able to wipe away all their scars..run with their demons rather than fighting with them..."You call me your girl..?"
"Ya,I did..you have always been my girl,Ms.haider.."

"Really..?"
"Want me to prove it?Because I'm dying to touch you,touch what's mine.."

Zain released her arms, threading one hand roughly through Aaliya's hair and the other gripping her waist. Pulling her hips harder against his, he assaulted her mouth like he was starving. He sucked on her bottom lip and then turned his attention to her jaw and neck in hot, frenzied kisses...

There were so many times when they were kids, growing up next door to each other, that she thought Zain was the greatest. He was sweet, generous, and friendly. And the most beautiful boy she'd ever seen..and in that moment,she felt that feeling course through her body..They had never really lost it..he was still her' Zain...

Yesterday lasts forever.

Tomorrow comes never.

Until you.

-------------------------END--------------------------------

From

Ann

zayadreamland thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
both parts were nice
Zain hates aaliya bt why?
Excited for d next part
update soon
KitkitMkb thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Interesting story continue soon !
fariya98 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
awesome 👏 ann
cont soon..
zaya.harshika thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Its awesome Ann.. Pls update last part today!
Legilimens thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
dude. update soon. Dont leave me hanging:p

Riya5666 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
All the three parts were awesome Ann...
Loved it...
Pls continue soon naaa...
Pleassseee...