Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

807116 thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: jyoti06

Very interesting points made here 👏👏

Actually if u read my last para , I did say this about the previous episodes which never really made any effort to build up ViBha relation ... I m quoting that para again here for u which I wrote in the end of my post

"Was this how CVs planned it ... Its debatable .. I do believe CVs had planned a ViBha love story initially as I still remember Garima's Cindrella story to Shobha where she told Shobha how her true love or her prince charming is yet to come in her life .. So going by that theory I feel love track was planned but by the time CVs wanted to show that love track , 120 episodes already got over and Sonali dint wanted to renew her contract further .. So well CVs had to end it this way I guess 🤔 ... Only mistake CVs did here is taking too long to start the ViBha love track and so by the time they might hv planned it , Sonali gave them a shock by refusing to renew her contract 😆... Guess its a lesson to b learnt for the CVs that if u start a show with finite series , then stick to it and plan accordingly , dont expect your actors to extend their contracts midway "

This is what I wrote in the end of my post .. So I do agree that CVs wasted lot of time in showing how Samarth and Sarika r plotting against ViBha instead of concentrating on ViBha's relation or their bonding or at least making some attempt to show that Shobha in her lonely life can feel that attraction at least once for Vikram too who is nevethless an attractive male after all ...

Coming to Shobha , yes they could hv shown the above mayb 50-60 episodes back when they took that 6 months leap .. that was the best time to show such attraction coming from Shobha instead of shifting focus to Sarika .. But they lost that opportunity and then once Samarth was back in Shobha's life , there was no way Shobha could focus on anything else other than her own life's issues ... so well ..

Also one difference between Shashi Godbole and Shobha could b the baggages and fears that Shobha was carrying throughout , something which Shashi Godbole never carried in the film .. Fears in the sense the fear of loosing the custody of her kids , the fear of being proved characterless by her husband etc etc ... I dont think Shashi Godbole carried any such fears .. her only fear was being neglected by her family because she could not speak english .. so once she overcomes that fear , it was all fine in her life ... That way Shobha's life was more complicated and messed up and this could b one of the reason why she had no time to think about her other desires in her life ... But like I said post 6 months leap when Samarth was still in jail and she was enjoying her new job and freedom , CVs could hv shown this fatal attraction track which they missed it completely ..

I agree about the growth in Shobha's character .. though she was independent the day she took up a job but somewhere she could not really progress with her independence as time and again I felt she fell weak somewhere because of her weakness towards her kids ..this to b honest is realistic when we come across women in everyday life but in fiction stories we do expect a more strong portrayal of today's independent woman as a show is suppose to set an example and not really follow the herd ..

About the acting part , I felt Sonali in most scenes was convincing and underplayed her role instead of going OTT but again I respect your view on this ..

Even I felt, they need not have to fast forward the 6 months. That was when they could have shown building ViBha relation and Shobha becoming an independent woman. Some scenes which see faces individually and come out winning were needed. (In Mahesh Bhat's movie Arth, Shabana who was in a similar situation battles all her insecurities alone, finally refusing the offer from the second guy. If they had shown Shobha like that, it would have been easier to accept.
There was a scene, where she said to Vikram, she has moved on. She just wears mangalsutra for children or society sake. I said then; it should not have been over in a sentence, instead should have been an episode (like a situation in school where she is mocked at for wearing a Mangalsutra, applying for divorce). But people justified it saying, it is a limited episode serial. But 100 is not short, it is plenty. Some incidents like that would have shown growth in Shobha's character as an independent woman.
Sarika was not needed in the story at all. Samarth as an obstacle was sufficient. Sarika only made the serial look unrealistic with usual clich. I don't agree, Shashi did not have any baggages. Here Shobha may have been falsely accused by her husband, but people around her would have easily accepted her, if she had moved with Vikram. That was not the case with Shashi. Still, there her mind wandered. I actually wanted Shobha to find that attraction when she was with Samarth.
This is how I had imagined the story would go. Samarth comes back as a nice person; everyone happy. But somehow Shobha's mind is uneasy. Shobha and Vikram try to behave cordially in office, but feel uncomfortable. Shobha;s mind secretly likes her past life and wish for Samarth to be bad rather than good. Shobha feels guilty at the whole thing and resigns from her job. At the end, her intuition proves right, Samarth was only playing political game. Next is Bollywood ending! I so so badly wanted to see this guilt journey of ViBha, but makers never game me one, busy with making a mahaan Shobha 😡.
minakrish thumbnail
Brilliant post Jyothi. Well said.

And whatever said and done, Apurva Agnihotri was the star of this episode... I loved him so so so so much! ❤️ 🤗
jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: bollyfood

Even I felt, they need not have to fast forward the 6 months. That was when they could have shown building ViBha relation and Shobha becoming an independent woman. Some scenes which see faces individually and come out winning were needed. (In Mahesh Bhat's movie Arth, Shabana who was in a similar situation battles all her insecurities alone, finally refusing the offer from the second guy. If they had shown Shobha like that, it would have been easier to accept.
There was a scene, where she said to Vikram, she has moved on. She just wears mangalsutra for children or society sake. I said then; it should not have been over in a sentence, instead should have been an episode (like a situation in school where she is mocked at for wearing a Mangalsutra, applying for divorce). But people justified it saying, it is a limited episode serial. But 100 is not short, it is plenty. Some incidents like that would have shown growth in Shobha's character as an independent woman.

Mocking at her for wearing a mangalsutra might look like a cliche scene which I never wanted in a show which claimed to b different but rest I agree with u that instead of taking 6 months leap , they colud hv used those 6 months in showing ViBha's bonding as friends and slowly Shobha a woman feeling that attraction towards Vikram as the time passes by ... that was the perfect time to show the progress in ViBha's relation ..
Sarika was not needed in the story at all. Samarth as an obstacle was sufficient. Sarika only made the serial look unrealistic with usual clich. I don't agree, Shashi did not have any baggages. Here Shobha may have been falsely accused by her husband, but people around her would have easily accepted her, if she had moved with Vikram. That was not the case with Shashi. Still, there her mind wandered. I actually wanted Shobha to find that attraction when she was with Samarth.

Sarika was needed to show Vikram's past but I agree that CVs need not bring her back again as main vamp .. Samarth was enough as the main antagonist ... About Shashi Godbole and Shobha , I m not talking about acceptance as thats a long drawn assumption , I was comparing the number of baggages each of them carries which is one the reason why Shobha's mind dint wander around like Shashi's mind as Shobha's mind was too engaged with the problems around which r far more severe than Shashi's issues ..

This is how I had imagined the story would go. Samarth comes back as a nice person; everyone happy. But somehow Shobha's mind is uneasy. Shobha and Vikram try to behave cordially in office, but feel uncomfortable. Shobha;s mind secretly likes her past life and wish for Samarth to be bad rather than good. Shobha feels guilty at the whole thing and resigns from her job. At the end, her intuition proves right, Samarth was only playing political game. Next is Bollywood ending! I so so badly wanted to see this guilt journey of ViBha, but makers never game me one, busy with making a mahaan Shobha 😡.

Bollywood ending was possible only if CVs had developed the ViBha love track like u hv described here .. unless that was done , a bollywood ending wolud hv looked weird ... this is where I feel considering what we were shown in last one month episodes , this is the only possible ending they could give us

My comments in red ...
jyoti06 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Mrinalini-

Brilliant post Jyothi. Well said.

And whatever said and done, Apurva Agnihotri was the star of this episode... I loved him so so so so much! ❤️ 🤗

Yes he was really good and its not really a surprise .. I mean he has been brilliant in all his previous shows in the past 👏👏
807116 thumbnail

Originally posted by: jyoti06

... this is where I feel considering what we were shown in last one month episodes , this is the only possible ending they could give us

Totally agree, nothing more could have been shown.
That's it. All it well. Let's see where we bump into each other next time. 🤗 (My IF friends call me Mahi 😊 ).
jyoti06 thumbnail

Originally posted by: bollyfood

Totally agree, nothing more could have been shown.
That's it. All it well. Let's see where we bump into each other next time. 🤗 (My IF friends call me Mahi 😊 ).

Hey nice to know u Mahi 🤗 .. I m sure we will meet up soon 😃