Word Count: 0

MesmerizinArish thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago

untilwhenever21 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Emraan Hashmi and Sonam Kapoor to be the next guests on Farah Khan's show Farah Ki Daawat!

Yes, that's right. The two Bollywood actors will be seen on Happy New Year director's show. But in two separate episodes.

Farah Khan has been hosting her B-town buddies on her cookery show Farah Ki Daawat and we hear that Sonam Kapoor and Emraan Hashmi will soon grace the sets. The two dishy actors will feature in different episodes. And we cannot wait to find out what delicacy the two will dish out.

The Prem Ratan Dhan Payo actress is known for her culinary skills, especially baking. We hear that the Ranjhanaa actress loves to prepare desserts, especially suji ka halwa and mawa cakes filled with dry fruits. The reason being that sweet dishes smell good and even the batter tastes good. So, will Farah get a taste of Sonam sweet side? Or will the fashionista surprise the filmmaker-turned-host with something spicy like her sartorial choices? We'll have to wait to find out.

As for Emraan, we've not really seen the homely side of Bollywoods serial kisser except in his family photos. So, it will be a welcome change to catch Hashmi in the kitchen. With these two stunning people, we can be assured of a super hot episode, right BollywoodLifers?
975902 thumbnail
^^ princess could bake well. Just happened to know it now. Gonna watch this ep. Pakka. I wanna see her skill.
Found this picture of Sonam at Rajkot Airport on twitter :

- I'm going to assume she won't be attending the Glamour Filmfare Award, unless she flies back for it.

Kangana Ranaut deserved Best Actress awards, admits Sonam Kapoor

She was nominated for several Best Actress awards (for Khoobsurat) this year, but Sonam Kapoor didn't win a single one.

She says, "The fact that I was nominated was more than enough for me. Kangana Ranaut gave a far more mature performance in Queen. Her role was far more resonant than mine. If I was a jury member, I'd give her the award."

She is all love and praise for her contemporaries calling Priyanka Chopra's act in Mary Kom the other stellar performance. "Kangana in Queen and Priyanka in Mary Kom were the two best performances in any Best Acting (Male or Female) category, hands down," she notes.

She reserves special praise for Tabu, who won awards in the Best Supporting Actress category. She insists, "By no means was she the supporting actress in Haider. According to me the part played by Shraddha Kapoor was the supporting role. Tabu was one of the film's leads."

Calling her role in Khoobsurat a "comic role", she expressed disappointment that "comedy is not looked on as a serious genre." She adds, "The fact that I was nominated was more than enough for me. And while I was given an award for Best Performance in a Romantic Comedy, I wonder why only dramas are taken seriously at awards. If I was still noticed and recognised for Khoobsurat I am happy with that."

Sonam is hopeful about an award next year. "This was my fourth nomination. Hopefully I'll be lucky the fifth time," she concludes.

- YES !! Still side-eying the fact that Tabu was placed in "Supporting" for her role, what a joke !!

Q&A Karuna Laungani
On styling Sonam Kapoor & old Bollywood glamour

Karuna Laungani is the former Fashion Editor of Elle India, co-owner of JODI - a newly launched Made-In-India clothing label, and a freelance stylist and consultant. She is also the unassuming talent responsible for Sonam's Kapoor's killer wardrobe in her most recent films, Khoobsurat and Dolly Ki Doli.

Released this past September as a remake of the 1980s version, Khoobsurat is a quirky comedy about the brewing romance between physiotherapist, Mili, and a Rajput prince, played by Fawad Khan. In Dolly Ki Doli, released January 2015, Sonam plays a con woman, who pursues and traps men into marriage. On their wedding night, she takes off with all their money and jewellery.

Karuna seems to hit that sweet spot between fashion and comedy, a tough game to play where things can quickly take a turn for the mawkish. Sonam's sartorial choices come off as irreverent, spontaneous, and authentic, an effect that is highly desirable off screen too. Taking a breather between multiple projects, Karuna was kind enough to share her thoughts and tips on taking style from screen to street:

[FULL ARTICLE]
Edited by untilwhenever21 - 9 years ago