Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

975902 thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
"Be it Khubsoorat or any other film of mine you say didn't do well, I think if the film connects with the audiences, it will definitely run. Khubsoorat was made within a budget, and did extremely well. The film did well through word of mouth. We had a decent opening. Every day it was growing. We promoted the film on social media, it did well internationally too. We screened it in 900 screens that's more than enough. Actually, we thought this is a cheeky film and only girls would watch it. We were surprised that families too went to watch it. I always choose to do a film, which isn't a burden to me. If you understand the economics of film making, you will understand what I am saying."

What about Dolly Ki Dolli?

"We still need to wait and watch. I am sure whatever is invested, we will get more than that. Actually, you guys always talk about Rs 200-crore or Rs 300-crore films. You don't understand that success always comes in accordance to the investments. I always like to work without any pressure of investment, and a mediocre budget is always profitable," Sonam says.

---------------------------

From Vogue India

25 times Sonam's hair ruled Instagram

Sonam Kapoor may be renowned for her sartorial choices, her movies and her eloquent personality, but her diverse styles de cheveux in 2014 have been talked about equally. From crowned braids, textured ponytails, oversized updos to sleek hair, soft chignons and retro waves, Kapoor's hair has been there, done that.

Her mane highlights included a faux bob that she paired with rosy red lips for the 67th Cannes Film Festival, a pulled back ponytail for an awards function and a sleek do for her upcoming movie trailer launch, Dolly Ki Doli.

Here's a look at her hair transformations in the year 2014, via her Instagram account.

- Gianella Mascarenhas

slick texture ponytail

retro wave

fun ponytail

severe centre

high updo

crown twist

slight parted hair with curl
Edited by DY.chakravarty - 9 years ago
untilwhenever21 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
All work and some play for birthday boy Sanjay Leela Bhansali

Salman Khan who was shooting an hour-and-a-half away at Gondal, near Rajkot, for Sooraj Barjatya's Prem Ratan Dhan Payo, was expected to drive down to wish his Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam director.

"Both Salman and Sonam (Kapoor) wished Sanjay over the phone. Sonam has flown back to Mumbai for an event but Salman has been shooting all day. After he packs up, he may join the celebrations here and we can do a Dholi taro together," added the source. [FULL ARTICLE]
Edited by untilwhenever21 - 9 years ago

- This is a cute pic !! Sonam with Rohit Shetty back in 2012 at Femina Miss India. (I pray she never does a film with him lol. Still have yet to finish a film of his. #struggleisreal)
975902 thumbnail

Originally posted by: untilwhenever21

All work and some play for birthday boy Sanjay Leela Bhansali

Salman Khan who was shooting an hour-and-a-half away at Gondal, near Rajkot, for Sooraj Barjatya's Prem Ratan Dhan Payo, was expected to drive down to wish his Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam director.

"Both Salman and Sonam (Kapoor) wished Sanjay over the phone. Sonam has flown back to Mumbai for an event but Salman has been shooting all day. After he packs up, he may join the celebrations here and we can do a Dholi taro together," added the source. [FULL ARTICLE]

Mmm when is the exact SLB boy ki bday? His bday is near by Sooraj B bday (Feb 22). unfortunately Sonam was missing in action for Sooraj bday bash in set. Only Sallu and Anupam Kher pics were captured.

Rohit shetty is nice TBH. based on various occasions he is gentle type and efficient producer, director. uncle able to produce a mediocre movie in the very short amount of time as he is not wasting a single day by dreaming. Sonam shud do one movie, make a pair with varun. Same here! It is a critical task for me to finish his movie. That why need Sonam to assist me. 😆

Which one yaar? Manish or sabyasachi? 😆

Sonam & Diya Mirza. Beauties.
Diya was making a protest in twitter last Jan, Vidya in Bobby Jasoos(Diya produced it) didnt nominated for best leading female category in Filmfare. I remembered that.

Edited by DY.chakravarty - 9 years ago

Sonam Kapoor aims to complete her graduation this year

Mumbai: Bollywood actors are known for their on-screen performances but are hardly known for their academic qualification. While education culminates into the bread and butter of millions, few stars regret not completing their studies on time.

One amongst them is the style icon Sonam Kapoor, who feels that her biggest regret in life is not completing her graduation. At a recent event, the otherwise proud and profound actress confessed few things that she isn't proud of in her life. "I know that applied logic (referring to math) might not be something that comes to use right now but that logic is essential when I sign my contracts," she confessed.

The actress also gave us an insight on the importance of discipline that academics instills in a person. "As an actor you have to do your homework. You know you wake up in the morning and by-heart your lines. In the evening you come back, you need to do homework. All these disciplinary aspects we get to learn in our school and college," she added.

Sonam revealed that she had been a good student while she was in school and is not ashamed to complete her graduation at this age. "I could have waited for four more years to complete my studies but I became an actor. At that age you are so hungry to do something with your life that it happens. My advice to all the young people out there is to finish their education, I regret it and you will regret it too, may be 20-30 years down the line," she shared.

The 29-year-old diva recently attended the Armani Prive Spring 2015 Fashion Show and plans on opening her own high street clothing line called Rheson' in collaboration with her sister, Rhea Kapoor.

Originally posted by: DY.chakravarty

Mmm when is the exact SLB boy ki bday? His bday is near by Sooraj B bday (Feb 22). unfortunately Sonam was missing in action for Sooraj bday bash in set. Only Sallu and Anupam Kher pics were captured.

Rohit shetty is nice TBH. based on various occasions he is gentle type and efficient producer, director. uncle able to produce a mediocre movie in the very short amount of time as he is not wasting a single day by dreaming. Sonam shud do one movie, make a pair with varun. Same here! It is a critical task for me to finish his movie. That why need Sonam to assist me. 😆

Which one yaar? Manish or sabyasachi? 😆

Sonam & Diya Mirza. Beauties.
Diya was making a protest in twitter last Jan, Vidya in Bobby Jasoos(Diya produced it) didnt nominated for best leading female category in Filmfare. I remembered that.

SLB's birthday is the 24th Feb so yesterday.

I like Rohit Shetty, I enjoyed his episode of KWK with Zoya and he came across as a really cool guy BUT his movies contribute to why I don't like masala films lol. My bad luck though cause his working with my OTP in his next so I'm just going to have to bare with it. I'd rather he produce a film with Sonam in it 😆

Sabyasachi & Tarun Tahiliani !!
Since it's Shahid Kapoor's Birthday today 🥳 here's a #throwback to one of my favorite interviews of his with Sonam, back when they were promoting Mausam:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxNepPYjcXw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxOtOiiAQOc[/YOUTUBE]

#throwback #cakeday #shahidkapoor #sonamkapoor

- I have no clue why I'm using hashtags here lol !!
975902 thumbnail

Originally posted by: untilwhenever21

#throwback #cakeday #shahidkapoor #sonamkapoor

- I have no clue why I'm using hashtags here lol !!

Wow, f**kin gorg!! Love this cover and ur filmfare pic yesterday. #AayatHarry
MesmerizinArish thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Word Count: 0