Manav Gohil's gadget craze

currentchaos thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
   Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Most guys are obsessed with gadgets and simply can't do without them. Some of them are so in love with these funky devices that they not only check on it every morning but even carry the stuff wherever they go. In fact most wives and girlfriends seem to detest these gadgets as the men tend to spend all their spare time tinkering with them.

Manav Gohil, TV actor has the latest wrist speakerphone mobile handset. He literally sleeps with it. "I also have this brand new Skoda car with a music system on the steering wheel and I am absolutely crazy about it. Have to check on it morning, noon and night. I have no terms of endearment for my car but it would be sufficient to say that my wife could definitely feel threatened. I dread the day she will ask me to choose between either of them."

While Manav's actress wife Shwetha has not lost her cool as yet, Jeet Kumar Upadhyay, a programme manager with LGI says his girlfriend almost broke up with him when he casually told her," I wish I could keep looking at you the way I gaze at my computer and bike. I thought I was giving her the biggest compliment by saying that because I have the latest Lenova model which is a really cool computer. But my girlfriend was not amused," he recollects with a laugh.

What can't be denied is the strong attraction that men have to these gizmos and how they simply can't seem to tear themselves away. TV actor Raj Singh Arora is addicted to his laptop on which he plays chess during his free hours. He is eagerly waiting for the nano which his girlfriend is planning to gift him. "It's just too cool, " he says.

While all these guys claim they have a healthy obsession for these gadgets, Pramod Rao, MD and CEO of Zicom securities speaks with childlike enthusiasm when he talks about his favourite gadgets. This 40- plus gentleman is totally fida over his nano. He eats, sleeps and drives with it. "It's my passion and I have named it 'Awesome'. I take it along everywhere I go, I had planned to call my nano 'Magic' but decided against it as it was too common. I have got a special stand made for it at home and at work."

But not all men are gadget aficionados. Some like photographer Atul Kasbekar know how to strike a balance. While Atul cannot make do without his Canon equipment he certainly does not resort displaying affection or naming the gadgets. "I don't go overboard," is what he says.  It certainly takes all kinds and when it comes to gadgets, men are worse than little boys.

Raj Singh
, TV actor
I'm addicted to my laptop and frequently play chess on it. Now my girlfriend plans to gift me a nano.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shazam thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: Qazi_Fan

manav's funny 😆 😆

he is , I love his interviews. He always acts as if he is very scared of his wife.😆 But when they are together, he doesnt look scared😳. I love his dimples😛