Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

foram. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago

#MahaShivratri special: Different avatars of Lord Shiva

With grand celebrations around the country on the occasion of Mahashivratri, how can one forget the symbolic mythology show Mahadev on Life OK. The show that made Mohit Raina a superstar gave an insight of Lord Shiva and his magical life.

Tellychakkar.com here presents you the different avatars of Lord Shiva that has been showcased in the show.

Mahadev-

Of the Trimurti, Shiva is known as the destroyer and Mahadev is the original roop of Shiva. Having various avatars Shiva is known as the Supreme God.

Jalandhar-

Born out of the union of the fire from Shiva's third eye and the ocean, this avatar was a good looking one and was the emperor of Asuras.

Kal Bhairav-

This avatar is a fierce manifestation of Shiva associated with annihilation. Mahadeva once threw a small nail from his finger, which assumed the form of Kal Bhairava, which killed Brahma.

Kapaldhari Aghori-

One of the five faces of Shiva was known as Aghor. The avatar was taken up by Mahadev to stop the bad deeds of Rishi Pitamber.

Lohitang-

Lohitang came into being from Shiva's sweat when he performed the Tandav. He was born to avenge his brother's Andhak.

Rudra-

Lord Shiva took birth on the earth as the eleven Rudras from the Kashyap wife's (Surabhi) womb. These forms of the eleven Rudras are associated with the battles with demons in the past in order to save the people and Gods.

Which avatar of Shiva is your favourite? Share your views in the comment box below
DhwaniNair thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I zoomed it to find out photographer! I dnt knw if this photo is taken by him. just a wish
DhwaniNair thumbnail
I found it foru.. I joined here thru Fc32 celestial couple... :) I went thru that pages today... :) how much blunders i did.! rupamomo helped me a lot thru her fb acount for making me 'post'.. :)

But I wonder I am still not completed my 1 year f journey with this fc!!. unbelievable for me. I feel like i have so many years' relation with it.. Rishta purana!
DhwaniNair thumbnail
https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3958105&TPN=111]

Link to my first post 😃
Edited by DhwaniNair - 9 years ago
DhwaniNair thumbnail
was she who standing Sati in ohm nama shivaya??

Edited by DhwaniNair - 9 years ago
foram. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
wow from where u got this...
I simply loved them in ons but I don't know about sati..
**esha** thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Edited by **esha** - 9 years ago
MJ_1009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
34th Annual Day Celebrations of Children Welfare Centre High School

Word Count: 1

MJ_1009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
mouni roy
DhwaniNair thumbnail

Originally posted by: foram.

wow from where u got this...
I simply loved them in ons but I don't know about sati..

from the fb account of the actor who played shiva...

In the memories of Ohm Namah Shivaya:

I only remember parvati. If my memory is correct, the serial startes with the creation of universe and shivashakthi where shakti is played by Gayatri sasthry itself b4 her appearance as Parvati...

Then Sati came, dont remember her face clearly. She was only Shiva's first wife for me at that tym. So didnt care her so much. :( After that Parvati. Still remeber its Karthikeyan, who was a bachelor (in south, he has 2 wives:valli n devasena). I liked the scene of Ganesh's transformation as elephant+human. (I liked it than in dkdm in which the scene bacame so melodramatic i think). mumma told me that he is bachelor.but i watchd he got married! (south-north difrnce)

I remember Once Shiva changed suddenly. dont knwo the reason, but came back during episodes... nywy 1st mahadev is a perfect man. 2nd looks like a chocolate boy...

Last but not least...its title song and visuals... wow... its wonderful. the most good part of the serial... :)

If it is telecasted during 1997, i was only 4 at that tym :)