Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sillage. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: BlackStar.

So excited for Raees! I know Mahira probably won't have a major role but even then I'm happy for her for doing this film ๐Ÿ˜ณ

How do you know?๐Ÿ˜†
Ek toh sab kuch is known either to the trollers or the fans.Hum jaiso ko kuch kyun nahi pata chalta๐Ÿ˜ญ
(Pun intended๐Ÿ˜‰)
BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sillage.

How do you know?๐Ÿ˜†
Ek toh sab kuch is known either to the trollers or the fans.Hum jaiso ko kuch kyun nahi pata chalta๐Ÿ˜ญ
(Pun intended๐Ÿ˜‰)

Haha ๐Ÿ˜† I'm not 100% sure obviously, but from what fans who know more than me and from guessing it just seems like it. But imho being in a film is never about how many scenes you have. It's about the impact you leave after those scenes. So if she can shine from just one scene that'll be rewarding ๐Ÿ˜ณ
BlackStar. thumbnail
Btw Rupali, have you been seeing the obvious comparisons and dramas these days? ๐Ÿ˜‰ As always trying to drag her down and belittling anything she's ever done. I've tried my best to steer clear but once in a while my bitchy vibes just come out. Can't help it ๐Ÿ˜†
sillage. thumbnail

Btw Rupali, have you been seeing the obvious comparisons and dramas these days? ๐Ÿ˜‰ As always trying to drag her down and belittling anything she's ever done. I've tried my best to steer clear but once in a while my bitchy vibes just come out. Can't help it ๐Ÿ˜†

Oh yeah...they used shakar wandan re to troll her.The topic was something like best music ever and I checked it eagerly as what is the special music which could not suffice in music corner.But boom as I opened the thread,oh it is fun invite for Mahira bashing.

Anyways,she has been getting positive response overall and any kind of publicity is good as you know.

Edit-
I guess you were referring to this or to SS fans?๐Ÿ˜•
If its the latter,I only have one thing to say that that kind of fanaticism is disturbing for me so much so that its tata-bye bye for Sanam Saaed for me.
Edited by sillage. - 8 years ago
BlackStar. thumbnail

Originally posted by: sillage.

Oh yeah...they used shakar wandan re to troll her.The topic was something like best music ever and I checked it eagerly as what is the special music which could not suffice in music corner.But boom as I opened the thread,oh it is fun invite for Mahira bashing.

Anyways,she has been getting positive response overall and any kind of publicity is good as you know.

Edit-
I guess you were referring to this or to SS fans?๐Ÿ˜•
If its the latter,I only have one thing to say that that kind of fanaticism is disturbing for me so much so that its tata-bye bye for Sanam Saaed for me.

Oh no no not IF that I never take seriously๐Ÿ˜† it's the latter. It's insane how extreme it's gotten on twitter. The fans on that end talk more about MK than their own favs or MK's own fans. Ridiculous. Undermining her films doing well, her contribution to cinema, her acting skills, her choice of dressing, etc.
Edited by BlackStar. - 8 years ago
MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
^^ some people under question are still my IF/ twitter friends
and I see all of that once in a while..and I have been upset in the past..

but now, I dont even care..if anybody thinks bashing celebs is the cause of their life..thats their lookout and choice and we can just happily ignore for sanity's sake..its not just about MK..but any celeb/ any topic (not restricted to Bollywood/ Pakistan media industry) for that matter..

as for MK - the pits was when she was asked ridiculous questions on DRNR blog..it was wierd on so many levels lol! but she handled it with grace..she totally knows how to handle a situation with humour and positivity..she can defend herself anyway..

and we are there to appreciate her for her talent, hardwork and her incredible screen presence..her role whatever is the length, Im quite excited to see her in Raees..for some odd reason, I feel she will totally nail her part..and will have blazing chemistry with SRK..

endless tweets on how she is overrated, how she doesnt look pretty, how she is all fluff and not straightforward in her IVs..just proves that she is being stalked on every move she makes, followed at rigorously๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•

I wouldnt do that for any celeb I dont like to watch..๐Ÿ˜• they are just indifferent to me..๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค“ in any case, Ive realized that the affection, more often that not, is developed for the characters portrayed by the actors/ actresses..and is then translated into fangirling them..whereas they are/ may not be like the characters they play..?? and who we like offscreen, is obviously subjective..I would prefer MK anyday over Sanams/ Ayeshas/ Sabas of the world..when I want to watch an IV..but thats just me..nobody has to agree with me on it, or fight with me lol! its a free world..
sillage. thumbnail
Could I put it any better than you Hiral,I don't think so.
Well,I appreciate that you choose to remain friends with ppl with whom you may hv difference in celebrity liking...because for me to an extent that becomes off putting,the kind of insinuations.Nothing to be hated upon but I just can't be friends with people who always have their own trumpet blowing without giving a damn to others and this I have experienced with Sanam S fans...again not to say that Mahira's fans(or for that matter any of her contemporary's) are holier but as I have only witnessed this on IF with Sanam S.I would not hesitate to say here that few things coming from Shanaya who had always been a nice co member on the forum were very disappointing for me as well as few others.So yeah,my point of reference there.
Other than that I have nothing to say...looking forward to raees and who knows whether we'll get much after it or not.

MaxMayfield thumbnail
I get where ur coming from Rupali..:) there is a problem with my like button..but i liked ur post too :)
Thing is..while i love ZGH, humsafar..i love many shows apart from them too..:p..n kashaf vs khirad, Mahira vs Sanam..is just so banal..that it has stopped having any effect on me...having said that..n m least concerned abt what anybody thinks anymore..if i have a common topic to discuss..i participate..or i stay away...n yes i did think the respective fan groups should b happy in individual achievements..i have my own viewz n favouritism ..but that definitely does not include comparing anyone with XYZ..n about opinions..they keep on changing..till y3sterday i disliked Maya Ali...n I've written paras on how hopeless she was in DeD..but i enjoy watching her in MM now...now i same happened with Sanam Jung..who knows..kal jo Mahira ko dislike kartey hai..unhe bhi woh acchi lagne lagey ..lol..Naa lagey toh bhi kya phark padta hai..

These days i hardly find time to come on social sites..incomparison to before..so id rather read insightful articles or information..thats worth the time

BlackStar. thumbnail

Hiral/rupali [sorry for the incoming rant].. if i'm being completely honest it's not about who's wrong and who's right in this anymore.. it's simply the fact that the other party initiates it [jisko aag main teeli lagaana kehtain hain] and then conveniently cries foul dumping the entire blame on us. First they discredit BR and HMJ's box office success saying they didn't do well.. Also undermining her as an actor and talking shit about her "fat lips and nose". Stating her to be a 40-year old aunty.. making statements like she isn't that big of a star or that she's just a heroine and not an actor.. saying things like "real" actors care more about technical aspects and not about their looks and outfits. Also how Mahira will win the Filmfare award because Jiteish is biased towards her when Raees hasn't even released yet. Or that she has no role in Raees and is in for 10 minutes and how Sanam "rejected" it because she was too good for the project.. I mean I can go on and on about what's been said about MK in the past by them but it's a never-ending saga.. Apparently "we" as a fanbase bullied them for liking ZGH and Sanam [remind me when?] even though on IF old threads are classic examples of how much hate Humsafar and Mahira and the FM pair on IF has recieved.. I mean I quit the Zindagi forum because I couldn't take it..

Then, it's a known fact that in this Pakistani cinema revival everyone's picking sides. There's bloggers that are completely biased citing with specific channels due to an ARY vs Hum war, something I witnessed from BinRoye vs. Wrong No times.. I mean the amount of negative campaigning there was for HMJ from Hum bloggers I can't even describe.. and yet when I talk about that apparently I'm an "insecure" Mahira fan who has no right to an opinion? So many accounts were like Bachaana will overtake Ho Mann Jahaan since it has amazing feedback and isn't a drama put into a film [hate towards BR and HMJ] but when it didn't the same accounts act like they didn't speak those very words.. I mean you're doing the comparison yourself why blame us? Similarly these are the same Sanam Saeed fans who talked shit about the BinRoye and HMJ trailers and films and spoke smack about Mahira whereas I always rt'ed both the good and bad reviews for the films even where Mahira was bashed and yet if I rt a tweet about Bachaana that says the film is bleh, suddenly I'm a low-life, mental, and insecure Mahira fan who has no life and is sitting there dissecting a film deliberately to bring it down? Wow. Vox Cinemas in Dubai LITERALLY tweeted Mahira's name to get people to watch Bachaana saying it has her approval and if we point that out again it's insecure Mahira Khan fans and that she doesn't deserve us as fans..

And to think that there was a time when ZGH was on air that there were never any issues between Sanam and Mahira fans and people could like both but now it's all about picking sides... sad.

MaxMayfield thumbnail

Hiral/rupali [sorry for the incoming rant].. if i'm being completely honest it's not about who's wrong and who's right in this anymore.. it's simply the fact that the other party initiates it [jisko aag main teeli lagaana kehtain hain] and then conveniently cries foul dumping the entire blame on us. First they discredit BR and HMJ's box office success saying they didn't do well.. Also undermining her as an actor and talking shit about her "fat lips and nose". Stating her to be a 40-year old aunty.. making statements like she isn't that big of a star or that she's just a heroine and not an actor.. saying things like "real" actors care more about technical aspects and not about their looks and outfits.

I dint know about a lot of this..๐Ÿ˜ฒ

Also how Mahira will win the Filmfare award because Jiteish is biased towards her when Raees hasn't even released yet. Or that she has no role in Raees and is in for 10 minutes and how Sanam "rejected" it because she was too good for the project.. I mean I can go on and on about what's been said about MK in the past by them but it's a never-ending saga.. Apparently "we" as a fanbase bullied them for liking ZGH and Sanam [remind me when?] even though on IF old threads are classic examples of how much hate Humsafar and Mahira and the FM pair on IF has recieved.. I mean I quit the Zindagi forum because I couldn't take it..

Doesnt Jitu praise ZGH and Humsafar both๐Ÿ˜•..though I do think he likes HS a bit more๐Ÿ˜† and that is tooo early for people to start worrying about FF mahn๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† and how does it matter really whether she wins it or not..this is what amuses me..why to worry so much about an actor, one just doesnt like๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜• its actually the other way around for me TBH, i started watching HS and Mahira both with such low expectations, because of constant bashing of both the series and the actress, that I ended up loving the show and Khirad both๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜† and its beyond my understanding, why is she discredited for anything and everything..

Then, it's a known fact that in this Pakistani cinema revival everyone's picking sides. There's bloggers that are completely biased citing with specific channels due to an ARY vs Hum war, something I witnessed from BinRoye vs. Wrong No times.. I mean the amount of negative campaigning there was for HMJ from Hum bloggers I can't even describe.. and yet when I talk about that apparently I'm an "insecure" Mahira fan who has no right to an opinion? So many accounts were like Bachaana will overtake Ho Mann Jahaan since it has amazing feedback and isn't a drama put into a film [hate towards BR and HMJ] but when it didn't the same accounts act like they didn't speak those very words.. I mean you're doing the comparison yourself why blame us? Similarly these are the same Sanam Saeed fans who talked shit about the BinRoye and HMJ trailers and films and spoke smack about Mahira whereas I always rt'ed both the good and bad reviews for the films even where Mahira was bashed and yet if I rt a tweet about Bachaana that says the film is bleh, suddenly I'm a low-life, mental, and insecure Mahira fan who has no life and is sitting there dissecting a film deliberately to bring it down? Wow. Vox Cinemas in Dubai LITERALLY tweeted Mahira's name to get people to watch Bachaana saying it has her approval and if we point that out again it's insecure Mahira Khan fans and that she doesn't deserve us as fans..

And to think that there was a time when ZGH was on air that there were never any issues between Sanam and Mahira fans and people could like both but now it's all about picking sides... sad.

I havent been able to watch BR or HMJ or Bachaana..and I dont know when will there be any links uploaded by Hum/ Ary for it

waise express tribune is on whose side? they are massively negative about pretty much everything..

u know whats funny Sana, I remember when the tonite with HSY fiasco happened..regarding Sanam's fawad related comments, you were actually the one actually posting in favour of/ fight for Sanam๐Ÿ˜Š who was being ripped apart (and let me be honest, I had posted too that I do not like Saeed's IVs, coz whatever it is, she ends up being a bit too blunt, generally coming across as aloof in them - maybe thats not her intention, but thats how she comes across as, to me..and I havent seen any of her IVs post TWH, so m not sure if my opinion is actually skewed now..I like her as an actress, in unconventional roles, thats about it) while even some FSS fans were pissed off with Sanam saeed for fawad related stuff..and I have seen u many times trying to calm done/ counter overenthusiastic FM fans from making silly comments too..

Word Count: 1