Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
haha, that was in a poor taste and kinda not required and people ripped sarmad apart for it๐Ÿ˜†
sarmad thot he was cracking a joke on his own product, so peeps wont react much..contrary to that, his FB page was jammed with hate messages and massive outrage..

and he clarified that it was not to hurt fan's sentiments or anything, he just chose to pull one off..

just feel it could have been avoided..or maybe it added to publicity who knows..

yeah sab creative geniuses shayad thode cuckoo hi hotey hai๐Ÿ˜†
sillage. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Hiral_Halwa

haha, that was in a poor taste and kinda not required and people ripped sarmad apart for it๐Ÿ˜†

sarmad thot he was cracking a joke on his own product, so peeps wont react much..contrary to that, his FB page was jammed with hate messages and massive outrage..

and he clarified that it was not to hurt fan's sentiments or anything, he just chose to pull one off..

just feel it could have been avoided..or maybe it added to publicity who knows..

yeah sab creative geniuses shayad thode cuckoo hi hotey hai๐Ÿ˜†

Bilkul and I don't know for some reason I'm not too fond of this man.His direction was great in HS but I dunno I find him obnoxious and snobby types.

Good that it happened..they were trying to ride too high on HS's success.
BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Rupali, Sarmad finds himself obnoxious as well don't worry.. he has a big mouth but not bad intentions ๐Ÿ˜†
sillage. thumbnail
I posted this review and a question in Zindagi forum and got no reply...so I'm copy-pasting here-

Okay,so I'm not good at reviewing but there are certain things that I want to say and ask-
First of all,why did Falak forgive Salman?Was it justified?Though Nani gave the reason that god forgives humans for their innumerable mistakes then she should also as a human have the tendency for forgiveness.So that means any body howsoever big crime he/she commits must be forgiven?

This show was a nice watch although a bit spread up with absurdities.It gives a simple message for viewers to take back home.The simple message of not looking for materialistic things in life and that god is above all.

As far as direction and acting are concerned its not the best and not even the worst.There are some sequences which I really liked along the seaside and others too and there were some which were dull.Acting wise,Mahira,as much as I liked her in the last 2/3 part of the show I disliked her in the initial parts..maybe thats got to do with how her character is and the transformation therein.I cried once during this show and that is when Falak goes to meet the boy's family that died in a car accident.The moment she hugged his sister...it was very well done.Samina Peerzada as always brilliant.Hina Bayaat was good too and now think she's pro at it..all her children in the shows I have watched of hers are unhappy with her upbringing,rebuke her etc...be it Sara from HS,Zaroon or Falak.Mohib Mirza was a surprise..he was very good and the dialogues and the way he delivered them was appreciable.

Apart from the direction and acting I felt something amiss in the writing too compared to Umera Ahmed's usual standards.Nonetheless,I still liked it a lot with a message to take back home.
BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Crescendo-

I posted this review and a question in Zindagi forum and got no reply...so I'm copy-pasting here-

Okay,so I'm not good at reviewing but there are certain things that I want to say and ask-
First of all,why did Falak forgive Salman?Was it justified?Though Nani gave the reason that god forgives humans for their innumerable mistakes then she should also as a human have the tendency for forgiveness.So that means any body howsoever big crime he/she commits must be forgiven?

This show was a nice watch although a bit spread up with absurdities.It gives a simple message for viewers to take back home.The simple message of not looking for materialistic things in life and that god is above all.

As far as direction and acting are concerned its not the best and not even the worst.There are some sequences which I really liked along the seaside and others too and there were some which were dull.Acting wise,Mahira,as much as I liked her in the last 2/3 part of the show I disliked her in the initial parts..maybe thats got to do with how her character is and the transformation therein.I cried once during this show and that is when Falak goes to meet the boy's family that died in a car accident.The moment she hugged his sister...it was very well done.Samina Peerzada as always brilliant.Hina Bayaat was good too and now think she's pro at it..all her children in the shows I have watched of hers are unhappy with her upbringing,rebuke her etc...be it Sara from HS,Zaroon or Falak.Mohib Mirza was a surprise..he was very good and the dialogues and the way he delivered them was appreciable.

Apart from the direction and acting I felt something amiss in the writing too compared to Umera Ahmed's usual standards.Nonetheless,I still liked it a lot with a message to take back home.

I myself didn't want Falak to go back to Salman but I guess he learned his lesson as well and this time he would respect and love her since he asked her for forgiveness. In Islam forgiveness is a huge thing, repentance as well hence keeping it with that perspective it made sense to forgive Salman because divorce should be a last resort if it's possible to work out your issues otherwise in Islam.
Agree that direction could've easily been better but I think apart from Sarmad no one could've justified Shehrezaat as well. I didn't like Mahira in many many scenes partly because of the character but her performance was also very weak in areas in the first few episodes but I think she did relatively well in the second half considering it's her third show and such a difficult topic.
Edited by BlackStar. - 9 years ago
MaxMayfield thumbnail
rupali, its a question I think every viewer has while watching SEZ, was it justified? why should she have gone back to salman after bearing all the thrash..
IMO the thing is her going back is actually the biggest win in a way..and very aptly brought forward too when she broke the sculpture of salman..in front of him..she was back to him, but not because of her obsession, want, lust..but because of compassion..not because she needed him anymore in want of any worldly pleasures, but he did..and this was her way of reforming salman as well..the guilt of what he did with her would kill him, when he would see her in front of him everyday, but not in the way she was erstwhile..their relationship had somewhat changed colour from husband-wife to that of falak being his guardian, his guru, his guide to how to live a life..coz when she came back to him, he was where she was a few months/ year ago..right on the step of transformation from within..but needed a guiding light to show him the way..

++++++++++++++++++++++

actually had this story in our texts, which kinda brings out the essence of what falak went through..so pasting it here..

there was a story a son of a wealthy businessman who was deeply into religion in his youth and his parents were afraid that he would renounce everything and leave his family and become a monk in his young age itself, so in order to divert him back to his family and real world, they encouraged one of his friends to keep him in his company, change him and make him experience materialistic pleasures..and in the process..that young lad met a court danseuse, kosha and fell in love with her..he was so obsessed with her beauty and her dance, that he actually left his family and work and religion and stayed with her for 12 years..his father then repented and cried out at the huge mistake he did by pulling his son out from spirituality just for his own selfish needs..and in the process lost his son forever to the danseuse..his father died in a tragic incident before the king of magadh and when the son came to know about his father's death, it shook from inside..

He started reflecting on his past. "Twelve long years of my youthful life! What did I get during this long period?" He realized that he had not acquired anything that would endure. The tragic end of his father brought home the reality that all life comes to an end. "Is there no way to escape death?" He asked himself, "What is the nature of life after all? Who am I and what is my mission in life?"

Delving deep into these questions, he realized that the body and all worldly aspects are transitory, and physical pleasures do not lead to lasting happiness. He looked at his image in the mirror and noticed the unmistakable marks of a lustful life. He also realized that he was wasting his youth. He decided to search for lasting happiness. He left Kosh and went straight to a monk, Surrendering himself to the monk, he said that he was sick of his lustful lifestyle and wanted to do something worthwhile with his life. Seeing his determined and humble state, the learned acharya saw in him a great future for the religious order and accepted him as his pupil.

He did not lose much time to adjust to the new pattern of his life. The ambition that he had missed in his youth emerged in the man. He was keen to make up for lost years and devoted all his energy to spiritual upliftment. He worked diligently and in no time gained the confidence of his guru. His life as a monk was exemplary. He had successfully overcome his senses of attachment and lustfulness, and gained control over his inner enemies. It was time for his faith to be tested.

so what he did now, is similar to falak - he went back to kosha..and this time, not because he wanted her, but to see if he had enough self control..He approached Kosh and asked her permission to stay in the picture gallery during the monsoon season. Kosh was surprised to see him. He had left her in such an ambivalent state that she had not been sure if she would ever see him again. She was missing him and was happy to see him again. However she did not know the true purpose of his return. They both had their goals for the monsoon season. Kosh endeavored to win him back into her life. She used all her seductive skills and felt that having him live in her picture gallery was to her advantage. His goal was to overcome the strong temptation of Kosh's beauty. Who would win? His strong faith and determination served him well during this test. He focused his mind on spiritual meditation. He spent his time meditating on the transitory nature of life and the need to break away from the cycle of birth and death. Ultimately, Kosh realized the wastefulness of her life and became his disciple. He emerged spiritually stronger from this experience.

when he went back to acharya, his guru praised him for his feat and termed it as "impossible",,the other disciples around him were jealous of the praises he was getting and wondered what was so great about the feat..and decided to go to kosha themselves..and it only took them a few minutes to feel attracted to her..kosha was described as a porcelain beauty in the texts..they all wanted to abandon monkhood for her..and she taught them a lesson and they realised their mistake and went back to the acharya and praised the lad's feat themselves, having understood how hard it was...what he had done..

+++++++

basically just wanted to draw a parallel to falak's self discovery and testing of faith to this person's..his name was sthulibhadra..

another reason why i really like SEZ is that it gives a universal message..not restricted to a particular religion, coz at the end of the day, all the religions teach the same thing..so its a pretty relatable show..

sorry for the reallly long post๐Ÿ˜ณ

Edited by Hiral_Halwa - 9 years ago
sillage. thumbnail
Ohkay but Falak going back to the man who was supposed to have his child with other woman was indigestible.
But as u said its within the Islamic teachings so that's not wrong.But do tell me one thing if someone commits as big crime as rape or anything and is guilty later should be forgiven??Speaking worldly wise without any religious interventions then it is said that everybody should be given a second chance in life ..but the person should be punished for his bad deeds.
I agree with u on Sarmad being the best choice for direction.
The transformed Falak reminded me of Khirad to a large extent.I think softness,innocence suits on Mahira.
sillage. thumbnail
Hiral..you and I posted simultaneously...so will have to read this.My above reply was for Sana:)
MaxMayfield thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Crescendo-

Hiral..you and I posted simultaneously...so will have to read this.My above reply was for Sana:)

oh yeah๐Ÿ˜†

waise yeah, I really liked mahira-mohib chemistry..it was cute and refreshing..actually the only show I managed to like mohib..

mahira improved a great deal lot from epi 10..till then she was on the fence..not totally into it..its the same with HS..she improved significantly from epi 10 there too๐Ÿ˜›

so the thing with her is that she does the more difficult scenes easily and in a better manner and falters here and there in easier ones..
sillage. thumbnail
You have got a good parallelism,Hiral.Okay I get this..even Falak said that she is not going to Salman because she has the same love and obsession for him but realizing her spiritual being and that god is above him after all.Your story makes sense and I get this equation with Falak too.
Even I jave loved SeZ for the same reasons,Hiral.Every religion at the end of the day shows us the right path in life.This show did impact me..don't know how long will I remain but still whenever we go wrong we can hold onto it.You know I've never liked the way certain ppl have been given all the luxuries of life and some are just left to nothing but crave.(much like Kashaf)But this show made me realize that all these things are temporary and again I would say that this msg is not something new but something we have been taught abt many times but this helps to reinforce these teachings.Also visual scenes tend to get imprinted in mind for longer than simple teachings.So that way this show was very much a must watch.