~|| Mahira Khan Fan Club ||~

Penkie06 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
~|| Mahira Khan FC||~

Personal life:

One of the most popular actresses in Pakistani TV serials, Mahira Khan was born on 21st December, 1984 in Karachi, Pakistan. Her real name is Mahira Hafeez Khan. She did her schooling from Foundation Public School, Karachi. After her schooling, she wanted to get out of Karachi. Therefore, she moved to America, where she could lead her life on her ownterms. She pursued her higher studies from Santa Monica Community College, Los Angeles. Over there used to run errands as a cashier in small retail stores, cleaning toilets, mopping floors and also shutting down shops at night just to earn some pocket money.She always had the passion for being an actress. Initially, she started her career with modeling and also as a Video Jockey (VJ), at the delicate age of 21.
Picture
However, her dream of becoming an actress came true when she started landing roles in many TV serials as well as films. She also got the opportunity to host the live show Most Wanted' aired on MTV Pakistan, for three days a week and the show Weekends with Mahira' on Pakistan Tv's channel, Aag TV.
Picture
The 31 year old actress bagged the lead role in the daily soap Humsafar', a very sweet and simple love story which revolved around three characters, portrayed by Mahira Khan, Fawad Khan and Naveen Waqar. The show was based on the concept of love after marriage. Mahira played the role of Khirad Ehsan'. She also won many awards for this serial like the Pakistan Media Awards, 2012' for the tag of Best Actress', Hum Awards, 2013' both for Phenomenal Serial(Special Award)' and Best On-Screen Couple' (shared with Fawad Khan).
Picture
Picture
The gorgeous girl also appeared in many other TV serial dramas such as Shehr-e-Zaat' as Falak' in the year 2012, Neeyat' in the role of Aaila' in 2011, Main Manto' in 2013, to name a few.
Picture
Mahira, the beauty met her soul mate, Ali Aksari, when she was in Los Angeles, America. It was Ali who helped her get in touch with the Television industry. He fulfilled her dreams and led her to the world in front of the camera.
Picture
She used to tease her friends that one day they would be standing in a queue, waiting in turn to get her autograph, reveals a smiling Mahira, in a recent interview.
Picture
She was just 21 years old when Ali proposed to her for marriage. It was when she was going through her struggling period. The actress, who decided to carve out a life on her own, obviously said Yes'. Her father was initially dead against their relationship, as he thought it would ruin her career, but ultimately had to agree owing to his daughter's stubborn nature.

Picture
The couple tied the knot on July 13, in the year 2007. Since then, they have been living happily.
Picture
Picture
Soon they got blessed with a little girl. They also became proud parents of a baby boy, named Azlaan.
Picture
Everything was going on smooth until all of a sudden; misunderstandings crept into their sweet relationship, as revealed from some sources. Ali started getting disturbed with his wife's fame and popularity, as a close friend reveals. He used to feel quite insecure about the future of their relationship.
Picture
Soon their marital life started getting bitter. He wanted her to quit her acting career but she planned to continue with her work. Mahira's husband also wanted her to discontinue with her dressing style after marriage but she seemed to disagree. All these issues further enhanced their differences.
Picture
The pretty starlet became more prominent after she stepped into the film industry. She entered the big screen industry with Shoaib Mansoor's film Bol', opposite singer-turned-actor, Atif Aslam. This is also believed to be one of the major causes which might have ruined her relationship with her husband.

Picture
Currently, hot gossips about the young actress reveal that she has moved on to her mother's residence along with her kids. She has also filed divorce against her husband. It is yet to get confirmed whether Ali has signed the divorce papers.
Picture
Mahira, in a recent interview laughs her heart out claiming all of it to be none other than rumors. She declares that she still shares an inseparable bond with her husband and they madly love each other.
Picture
She says that rumors are bound to arise in a celebrity's life even if they end up in small fights. She is not someone who will get affected due to rumors and stop leading life. At present, she is just a victim to pointless rumors!
Picture
Edited by ---Kaushi--- - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Penkie06 thumbnail
Works:

Films
Television
Penkie06 thumbnail

Interview :

Want to work with Vishal Bhardwaj, Mani Ratnam: Humsafar actress Mahira Khan

By: Press Trust of India | New Delhi | Posted: November 14, 2014 2:23 pm
"I loved 'Highway'. It was amazing. I have watched Imtiaz Ali's other films too and he is one of my favourite Bollywood directors, besides Vishal Bhardwaj and Mani Ratnam. I think these filmmakers elevate an actor's performance. They actually work on their actors and help them give their best. I am very much open to Bollywood and would love to work in great stories," Mahira said in an interview. "I loved 'Highway'. It was amazing. I have watched Imtiaz Ali's other films too and he is one of my favourite Bollywooddirectors, besides Vishal Bhardwaj and Mani Ratnam. I think these filmmakers elevate an actor's performance. They actually work on their actors and help them give their best. I am very much open to Bollywood and would love to work in great stories," Mahira said in an interview.

Pakistani actress Mahira Khan, best known for her sensitive portrayal of Khirad in TV drama Humsafar', says she would love to work in Bollywood and has directors like Vishal Bhardwaj, Mani Ratnam and Imtiaz Ali on her wish list.

"I loved Highway'. It was amazing. I have watched Imtiaz Ali's other films too and he is one of my favourite Bollywood directors, besides Vishal Bhardwaj and Mani Ratnam. I think these filmmakers elevate an actor's performance. They actually work on their actors and help them give their best. I am very much open to Bollywood and would love to work in great stories," Mahira said in an interview.

Her Humsafar' co-star Fawad Khan has already made inroads in Bollywood with a successful debut in Khoobsurat' opposite Sonam Kapoor. The actress, 30, who is in India to meet her fans following Humsafar's successful run on Zindagi channel, said she was going through a sad phase in her life while filming the romantic show about a couple torn apart by circumstances.

"I had a personal loss during the shooting and then there were many other personal tensions going on so it was a sad time. I used to come on the sets being low but the people I worked with made it better for me. "It was a happy set and Fawad and I used to laugh after every shot even after the crying scenes. So, that helped me through. I also feel subconsciously my sadness helped me perform Khirad as her story was a tragic one and needs a lot of emotions," she said.

Mahira is amazed with the response she has got in India as the actress did not expect people to recognise her on streets.

"I thought I would go shopping and roam around as no one will identify me but as soon as I got in a mall, I saw people calling me Khirad and coming to me. It was surreal. I feel I am at home and not in some other country," the actress said.

Mahira says though she has been appreciated for her acting, she is not very confident about her performances.

"My directors are always more confident about me doing a role than I am. I always feel I can do better or that I did not get it right. Then I rush to my directors for their opinion. I am always doubtful about my takes and shots. I always need assurance," she said.

"I go ballistic. I would message my director telling him or her that let's reshoot because I am not satisfied. I understand we cannot be good in every scene but I take that pressure on myself too much," she said.

The Bol' actress says a good performance comes only when you fall in love with the character you are playing onscreen. "The most vital thing for an actor to deliver a great performance is to be honest to the role he or she is playing. You have to fall for the role and feel as if it is you. I become my character and get attached to them."

But getting too close to a role has its own pitfalls which Mahira discovered while filming Humsafar'.

"In Humsafar' I did not want Khirad to go back to Asher. I kept saying that to Sarmad (director) but the story is a writer's vision so as actors we cannot interfere with that."

"But I felt like that because Khirad had become a part of me. In another serial of mine, same thing happened. Then a senior co-star advised me to maintain a distance between myself and my on-screen characters," Mahira said.

- See more at: http://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/bollywood/want-to-work-with-vishal-bhardwaj-mani-ratnam-humsafar-actress-mahira-khan/#sthash.a9gbx7BR.dpuf
Penkie06 thumbnail
Members:
...Jes...
BlackStar
---Kaushi---
Destiny_rose
Sadia
Hiral_Halwa
-Crescendo-
pinkeye.
Neel_M
Rhea_13
Raindrops.
Mahirakhanluvr
Harshu.sundas
anne156

Please do post that u want to join...then I'll add ur name.
...Jes... thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
awesome thread KD!!.🤗 add me in!⭐️
BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Kaushi thankyou for making this, I'm here
One small correction, MK's birth date is 21 December 1984 not 1982 and she became a VJ at 21 😳
Edited by BlackStar. - 9 years ago
Penkie06 thumbnail
Thank you so much for being a part. I did the corrections. Please try hard to keep this thread moving. Thanks again. N do tell other Mahira fans to join as well.
BlackStar. thumbnail

Originally posted by: ---Kaushi---

Thank you so much for being a part. I did the corrections. Please try hard to keep this thread moving. Thanks again. N do tell other Mahira fans to join as well.

I let my friends know. Only 2-3 of them are active on IF once they get the message they'll probably be here 😳
BlackStar. thumbnail
MK's recent lawn shoot for Umer Sayeed.

BlackStar. thumbnail
BTS for the lawn shoot.