[New Ariya Story] Always Have, Always Will

Aukview thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago

Hola!!

This is a new Ariya story. It is a TWO PART STORY, I'll post the second part soon. It is a little intense and a little dramatic...so prepare yourself ðŸ˜›

Always Have, Always Will

It all happened so fast. Bullets were fired into all directions. The smell of gun smoke filled the air within no time. Nobody could tell friend from foe and it was an utter chaos. Bullets hit the wooden barrel Arjun was standing behind, sending splinters of wood showering down on him. Even with all the chaos, he returned the shots to the gang members with impressive precision. As the firing grew more dangerous and the barrel behind him crumbled to the ground, Arjun dived to a safer zone.

With one eye on the attackers from across the warehouse and the other searching for his team mates, he missed the ricocheting bullets coming straight at him. Just as he thought it was too late to dodge them, a soft body fell on him pushing him away from the harm's way. Arjun knew almost immediately that the person on top of him was hit by the way they screamed and recoiled.

"Riya!" He screamed, pulling her close to him while ducking from the bullets whizzing above his head. He desperately tried to hide how scared he was as he pulled her into a shaded area. He tried to shake off the tremors in his voice and will his body to move. To his great relief, after a quick check, he concluded that none of her vital organs suffered any damage. The bullet she saved him from, lodged into her upper left shoulder and needed immediate medical attention.

"Stay here. Do not shoot unless you are targeted directly or in immediate danger. Do you understand?" He commanded.

When he was satisfied with her nod and a meek yes sir', he placed her gun near her good hand and left to help the rest of the team finish the task at hand. As the last of the attackers either fled or fell to the ground dead, the firing ceased from both ends. Instinctively, Arjun took a couple of quick steps towards Riya before he willed himself to stop.

"Ra-Rathore, Riya is hurt" He yelled, pointing his chief towards the area he left his...injured subordinate.

~oOo~

Three Weeks Later.

Riya sat across from him on the conference table, acting as if his indifferent attitude did not bother her. Arjun knew it should warm his heart that she risked her life to save his, however, that moment was like fuel to the fire that burned inside him. His temper was a slow burning fuse. It was ready to blow any minute, which only intensifies whenever Riya came in front of him.

He knew he had to keep a tight leash on his temper around her, or else, it would only be a matter of time before his control on other emotions and feelings would be destroyed.

"Okay, that's it for today. I'll see you guys tomorrow" Rathore spoke from the head of the table. Several minutes later, the members of the core ETF team left one after the other. Except for two.

"Sir?"

He tried ignoring her for a few minutes, but when her expectant eyes sought after him, he could no longer keep at it.

"What is it Riya?" He spoke as if his jaws were glued shut.

"Aap ghar nahi jaa rahe -" She spoke with great hesitancy, but when his dark fiery eyes pierced hers, she came to an abrupt stop.

"You are angry with me" Riya stated after a few minutes of silence.

Arjun stiffened, sensing the direction the conversation was heading. Quickly, yet stiffly standing up, he started collecting the files on the table before heading to the door.

"Won't you at least tell me, what I did wrong?"

He halted in his track. His hold on the door knob was so tight, he was sure he made small dent on the steel plating, "Go home Riya, it's getting late"

"Not until you tell me my mistake" Her tone was so sincere and firm, Arjun knew there was no talking her out of it. And just like that, the leash on his temper slipped from his hands.

"You want to know your mistake?" He asked, with a fierce turn to face her. "You were this close to wasting your life on saving somebody like me. That bullet hit your shoulder by chance Riya, two inches in and it could have been your heart"

His lethal glare was directed at her before his eyes flickered for a second and then he looked away.

"What do you mean by wasting my life on saving somebody like you? Isn't your life worth saving?" Riya spoke slowly, deliberately. As if trying to understand herself what he was saying.

"No! It isn't!" Arjun answered readily.

"Why would you say such a thing? Your life is important, you are important -"

"To whom?"

"To a lot of people! TO ME!!"

The silence that fell in the room after Riya's confession, made Arjun's blood run cold. It lingered between them, thick and heavy. He would be lying, if he said he was surprised or that he had no idea about her feelings. Maybe it was the knowledge of her feelings towards him that made him act so indifferent towards her.

"I know you drive away anyone who tries to come close to you. But, I am not one of those people you can easily get rid of"

"I know" Arjun almost immediately answered. Then, looking straight into her eyes he continued, hoping she would see the sincerity behind his words, "I know you are one of the only two people alive, who I can't..." He took a deep breath. "That is exactly why I'll keep you further away than most other people"

"Like Rathore Sir?" Her tone turned cold, as if that would provoke him.

"Stay away from me Riy -"

"Why do you keep asking me to do that, when all I want to do is the opposite? You have your whole life -"

"Want to know what is left in my life?" He yelled angrily, "Revenge and death. I'll take whatever comes first and you will not come in my way!"

Before Arjun could get to a point of berating himself for subtly disclosing one of his biggest fears, Riya spoke again. This time, what she said did leave him shocked.

"Every step you take to avenge your wife's murder, you'll find me right next to you. But, if it is death you seek, then let me assure you ACP Rawte - I will come in your way and death might just find me first"

Time seemed to slip through his fingers as he stood still as a statue. An incredulous expression stuck on his face as his brain desperately scrambled to make sense of it all. He knew the certainty with which she spoke those words came with the love she had for him. But he knew, that same love would be the reason for her to break completely when the time comes.

"Don't think for a second what I said were just words, because every day I'll prove they are true"

The sincerity behind her words nearly broke him, almost causing him to dig up the feelings he buried long ago. Arjun could already feel it - the crack in the steel wall around him.

"Why, Riya?!" The longer the conversation lasted, the more exhausted her started to feel. Anger tinged his words when he spoke next, "Even after my indifferent attitude, my rude behaviour - how? WHY?!!"

The storm of his words ebbed into nothingness. The silence that fell over them was cold.

"I don't know" She breathed, her eyes full of tears.

It's stupid of you to fall for someone like me. Even more stupid if you ever thought I'd feel the same. The words were right there, at the tip of his tongue. Cold and heartless they maybe, he should have been able to say the words without thinking twice. Without any emotion or feelings.

"I..." He hesitated and sighed before making his way towards the door, "I'm tired, Riya. Go home"

"No matter what, I'll always be here. You know that right??"

The ends of his lips twitched up lightly. But, the light and happiness that comes with a smile never reached his eyes. His smile reflected the sadness and vulnerability that came with those words. With his hand on the knob of the door, he did not turn around when he spoke, "Unfortunately, I do. I will still stress on the fact that you are wasting your time on me"

"Let me be the judge of that"

With those words spoken, Arjun left the room without a glance back.

Edited by Aukview - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TereLiyeMINU thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
violent and stereotyped irritable ego.one is asking to distance away and the other is trying to do diagrammatically the opposite and in a firm and fierce way.lets see what future has stored for us in future.😊
the post is awesome and thanks for the pm.
Tumpa12 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
interesting. . .
thnx for pm
cont soon
Megha32 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Fabulous work
all emotions pain love fear
all of it portrayed really nicely
eagerly waiting for 2nd part
thanks for pm
skrafty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Awesome start
Great concept
Loved it
Waiting for the next part
Continue soon
Devangana thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks for the pm. Loved it.  Waiting for the next part. Update soon please. 
_Tabassum_ thumbnail
Awwwsssmmm Update
Loved it
Supperbbb...
Wonderfully Written
Continue Soon
Waiting for next part
Thanks for the PM
ariyabestfan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4