Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ProudSushantian thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: Brishti_Sarkar

Hi peeps! I wasnt a Sushant fan..just liked him until I watched DBB!! It was so amazing..I grew up reading Byomkesh but Sushant's portrayal of my favourite character made me love not only Sushant but Byomkesh even more! It is so unique and fresh! Yaa.. so can I join this FC? I have become a huge Sushant fan now!! ๐Ÿ˜ณ Love him so much and may he make it big in Bollywood!!!
Hoping to make lots of new friends here and discuss more on Sushant!!

Hi Brishti๐Ÿ˜Š Welcome to Sushant FC๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Originally posted by: SushitaLover23

• 13 Apr 2015
  • Hindustan Times (Mumbai)
  • Prashant Singh prashant. singh@ hindustantimes. com

I PROMISE I WILL NOT DISAPPOINT'

Post his recent success, actor Sushant Singh Rajput says the expectations are now higher; and he doesn't mind that one bit

SUSHANT SINGH RAJPUT ON WORKING UNDER PRESSURE: I choose my films carefully, and then I give each one my best.
ON THEATRE: ...there are no retakes, and you get instant feedback. If you are pretending on stage, the audience will see through you in a flash. ON THE FILM INDUSTRY: It is like a pyramid " as you keep going up, it keeps getting tougher. The only way to survive is to take your work seriously...

Before the release of his recent sleuth film, Sushant Singh Rajput had admitted that he was a "bit nervous". But now that the movie is out " and has earned the young actor ample critical acclaim " he is "relieved". Here, he talks about working under pressure, finding his place in the film industry, and more.

Have the reviews for your

performance reinstated your faith in your choice of films?

Yes, they have. Every time you try something new, you don't know how the audience will react. Looking at the overwhelming response, I am relieved.

Does this put extra pressure on you for your next, which is a biopic on MS Dhoni?

I perform better under pressure. I choose my films carefully, and then I give each one my best. It's good that I have expectations to live up to. And I promise I will not disappoint.

You have worked in TV, films and theatre. Which medium is the most creatively gratifying?

I think theatre does something to you. You perform in a linear manner, there are no retakes, and you get instant feedback. If you are pretending on stage, the audience will see through you in a flash. Given a chance, I would love to do plays in between my films.

Do you feel you have found your footing in the industry now?

I can't claim that. The film industry is like a pyramid " as you keep going up, it keeps getting tougher. The only way to survive is to take your work seriously, give your 100 per cent and make the right choices.

Having done challenging roles right at the start, do you think it will be easier for you to do the so-called usual, run-of-the-mill parts in the future?

It might be, but I could go wrong too (laughs). I would love to do a light romantic film that has songs and dancing, so that I get to dance too. After all, those are the films I grew up watching.

Your role in your latest release is based on a legendary literary character (Byomkesh Bakshi) that has been portrayed by several thespians. Were you worried about the kind of reaction you would get?

Once I say yes to a film, I never think about anything else while I prepare for the role, or during the shoot. It was only during the promotions that I started thinking about all that. Honestly, I was a bit nervous (smiles).

Since film-makers today are coming up with innovative ideas, and are experimenting a lot with the scripts, do you think now is a good time to be an actor?

Absolutely, it's a great time to be a Hindi film actor. I think movies are changing and so are the people. So, today, if you are serious about your work, you will get work. New-age film-makers are courageous and are making some great films. You get to learn a lot while working with them.

You are currently working with several acclaimed film-makers. How does it help you as an actor?

If I think about the last one-and-a-half years, I have evolved a lot by working with and having conversations with film-makers like Dibakar (Banerjee) and Shekhar Kapur. You just spend time with them and you don't even realise when your thought process evolves.

What drives you to choose the kind of roles you do?

I work in this industry because I love performing, and that keeps me excited. The only way to sustain motivation and excitement is to constantly try new and challenging roles. I might not completely comprehend them initially, but I understand them while working on the part.

Word Count: 1

Originally posted by: SushitaLover23

Sushant Singh Rajput and Neil Nitin Mukesh to turn producers

Monday, 13 April 2015 - 6:07am IST | Agency: dna | From the print edition

After Anushka Sharma, two more Bolly actors are taking the big leap..

Sushant Singh Rajput- 'Only wants to produce entertainers'

The Detective Byomkesh Bakshy actor Sushant Singh Rajput is taking the big leap. He's moving from acting in to producing films.

He confirms, "I hope to get into production soon. As of now, it's just in the inception stage. Let's see how it works out." He adds, "As an actor, I have never thought about box-office numbers or money. But two years in Bollywood has changed me a lot. Having done four films now, I know how important it is to market your film. When I turn producer, I will put all that knowledge to good use. I don't actively participate in discussions about box office numbers. The day I turn producer is when I will answer the question about numbers," smiled Sushant.

But the actor is not just looking at exploring Bollywood, he clarifies. "I want to make good films for now, but I also want to do something unique and new for TV as well. Also, I want to do something special on the digital space." Does he have any script in mind, we ask. "No, not yet. It's just in the process. We will plan things out and then we will look for scripts," Sushant answers.

He will have an approach different from his PK co-star Anushka Sharma, who turned producer with NH10 recently. "I loved NH10 but my films won't necessarily highlight social issues. They will be in the commercial space but at the same time, they won't be mindless." Entertaining the audiences with his venture is what Sushant will set out to achieve. "It can be informative or entertaining but people should have a good time the two hours they sit through the film."

Will he star in his production venture? "That depends. I will approach big stars and if they are not willing to do it, maybe I myself will do it. If I am at a stage where I think I can get the numbers myself, I might take it up," Sushant laughs.

Word Count: 1

CaptainSpark thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Thank you guys for the welcome

Ya I will post in reviews to appreciate him. Well what i think is Dibakar Banerjee has definitely changed a lot of Byomkesh but how is that Sushant's fault He has done his best to fit into the role and the result is what we can watch We should all be open and learnt to see new sides of stories.. Actually i think Sushant deserves a huge applaud for taking the risk of playing a character which has been changed and still try to fit into the new Byomkesh to reach today's generation. It is immature to bash him.. he is the next thing about the film!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Fatima_Q thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Hi Taz...how are you? ๐Ÿ˜›
Fatima_Q thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Finally an article talking about Sushant's recent sucess...I guess that is referring to DBB. Even though Box office numbers were effected by FF7...no one can deny it was a critical success.
As for BO numbers DBB has done 25.5 crore worldwide till date...after being made on a budget of 22 crore. And if Sony picks up the rights to it, it'll get another 8 - 10 crore...so...not a block buster, but not bad either.

I mean, they're going ahead with a part 2. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Originally posted by: Fatima_Q

Hi Taz...how are you? ๐Ÿ˜›

Hi Fatima๐Ÿค— I'm good ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

haven't read your DBB review yet ๐Ÿ˜• do post na๐Ÿ˜›
Sushant's IF rank again went down to #5 ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Guys do comment regularly.
Edited by TazinSushantFan - 9 years ago
Krisha_pereria on Instagram

so we bumped into #SushantSinghRajput while we were at #Smaash.

rishit99

rishit99 #smash #mumbai #sushantsinghrajput