monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Fight club

Back to Section Stories
Mail this Article Print this Article Search
View Comments Rate this Article Comments

Sapana Patil Poojary

A still from Paraya Dhan: Snighda Srivastava (top left in green)

Faisal Raza Khan and Snigdha Srivastava (Paras and Savri of Betiyaan Apni Ya Paraya Dhan) have often engaged in heated arguments. The hostility took a harsh turn when the two started fighting openly on the sets and also used expletives.

Faisal says, "We don't like each other. Unfortunately we have to be together in most scenes. Snigdha often teases me and behaves as if she is superior to me. She did the same thing again that day. I told her that there is no need why she should say such things when we aren't on talking terms. But now, I don't want to talk to her at all."However he denies using expletives. Sources on the sets indicate that Snigdha could be behaving like this to seek Faisal's attention. Snigdha prefers to remain tight-lipped about the incident. On being probed further, she says, "I don't want to be involved in such matters. I would rather not have anything written about this. I deny this incident."

Edited by monika.goel - 17 years ago
shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Manish hurts his mother

Sometimes actors get so engrossed in the scene they're enacting, they seem to lose track of what's really happening. Recently, while shooting for a scene in Paraya Dhan, Manish Rai Singhani was supposed to hug his on screen mother, Madhuri but he ended up hugging her so hard, that her ear started bleeding. But being Madhuri did not disrupt the shot as the scene was going great. Later when Manish got to know about the incident, he felt really sorry and sent her a idol of Ganpati and flowers. We are sure the lady has forgiven Manish.
monika.goel thumbnail

Rang mein bhang

Faisal Raza Khan is not the most popular man on the sets of Paraya Dhan, after showing his reluctance to shoot a Holi sequence

Back to Section Stories Posted On Friday, March 02, 2007
Mail this Article Print this Article Search
View Comments Rate this Article Comments

Ranjib Mazumder

Faisal Raza Khan
His on-screen image seems to have spilled into his off-screen life as well. Actor Faisal Raza Khan aka Paras has turned a villain on the sets of Paraya Dhan. Reportedly, Faizal has started throwing his weight around on the sets.

Says a co-actor on the condition of anonymity, "Recently, we shot a Holi sequence and Faisal was reluctant to play his part. Throughout the scene, he kept standing behind the crowd and refused to come in front of the camera. Later, when he was actually ordered asked to come forward; he finished the shoot only half-heartedly. But the creative team was unhappy with the outcome and his performance in the scene. They wanted to re-shoot his portion, but this time too Faisal remained unavailable. Faisal had already given his dates to Banoo Main Teri Dulhann instead. So, the director decided to go ahead with the shooting without Faisal."

Says another co-actor, "Faisal's tantrums on the sets are not only affecting his co-actors, the whole unit is angry with his rude behaviour. He is also infamous for reporting late on the sets. He even has the habit of cribbing about his dialogues. He does not get along well with his female co-actors like Gauri Nigudkar and Snigdha Srivastava. Sometimes, he has been spotted fighting with the unit hands too."

Faisal, when contacted, laughed at the allegations. He said, "I am allergic to colours. So, I was a bit uncomfortable participating in the Holi sequence. I also had high fever, yet I completed the sequence. So there should be no reason for complaint."

Adding further, Faisal said, "It takes more than an hour to reach the sets of Paraya Dhan from Andheri, otherwise I have always been punctual. And I don't think I have an attitude problem. I don't like to fool around with my co-stars on the sets, but that doesn't mean I am not cordial to them."

shruti thumbnail
Manav Gohil all set to enter
Paraya Dhan!

We saw him enamouring audiences along with the lovely Shweta Kawatra during Nach Baliye 2 last year. Now Manav Gohil has entered Star One's Paraaya Dhan as a rich and suave go-getting Karan Bali who pursues the eldest girl in the family Krishna. (played by Gauri Nigudhkar)

According to a source in the production house, Bali will accidentally bang into Krishna when he is driving and get a barging from her. But he will be totally smitten by her and do everything to try and woo her. Krishna already has her love interest in Parth (played by Gautam Rode) and she will reject his every advance. He will propose to her but she will not respond.

The source reveals that he will also indirectly harm her when he tries to woo her. "It will be a khel khel mein kind of gig," says the source. "Audiences will find it interesting."

Says Gohil: "Krishna is someone who has impressed me. And the story goes on from here." Gohil says he is getting ready to move into his new apartment next week close to In-Orbit in the suburb of Malad, in Mumbai. "We've been working on the house for a long time," he says. "Sweta has designed it."

Additionally, Gohil is also talking to a couple of producers for new projects. "As for now, Paraaya Dhan would be taking 10 days in a month from me."

A few months back the actor had also shot for Maverick's DD show, but somehow the project didn't materialize. But, now looks like things are moving up in the right direction for the suave actor.

http://www.tellychakkar.com/y2k7/mar/13mar/news_manav.php

monika.goel thumbnail

A fter a three-month break, Man- av Gohil will make an appear- ance in a prime time show. The actor is the new entrant in Star One's Paraya Dhan. The show has been in the news for quite some time now, because of actor Mannish Goel's exit and then rumours that the show was being stopped. Sonalika Bhosle, the creative head of Paraya Dhan says, "Manav will be portraying the character of Karan Bali. Though I can't reveal much, the show will have many twists and turns in store for the audience." Gohil will be paired opposite the lead protagonist Gauri Nigudkar who portrays the character of Krishna. Gohil, who was last seen in Nach Baliye 2 (Star One) and Vaidehi (Sony), is quite excited. "My character and track are an integral part of the show. Karan Bali is a powerful guy It's a char- . acter with grey shades," states the actor. He says that he is now in talks with other producers as well for some other prime time shows. Gohil will be shifting to his new house very soon. "We bought this house in 2004 , we'll be shifting after nearly three years. Doing up the house took a long time. My wife Shweta (Kawaatra) is responsible for its interiors," ends Gohil.
shruti thumbnail
Manav Gohil gets work… Finally

Actor Manav Gohil was last seen on television dancing with his wife Shweta Kawatra on the floors of Nachh Baliye 2. But now he is in the midst of making a return to the small screen in the serial Betiyaan: Apni yaa Paraaya Dhan as Karan Bali.

Manav is quite excited about his role. "This is the first serial I am working on in this year. With my entry, the story will take a new turn. My character is in love with Krishna (Gauri Nigudkar), the eldest of the six sisters. And the story goes on from here."

Manav will play the role of a business man who falls in love with Krishna (Gauri Nigudkar) the eldest of the six sisters. However, Krishna is in love with Parth (Gautam Rode) and so begins the start of a love triangle.

Earlier, Manav had done a couple of episodes in C.I.D. and Ayushmaan. He also played the role of Vikram in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki. Recently there was some talk of Manav hosting a show for Doordarshan but the project failed to take off.

But now things surely seem to be moving in the right direction for Manav.
http://www.indya.com/news/manavg_work.html
shruti thumbnail

Abhishek Bachchan congratulates Karan Mehra

While shooting at Kamalisthan recently for Betiyaan Apni ya Paraya Dhan Karan Mehra was more than glad to bang into Abhishek Bachchan who was also shooting at the same place for his Motorola ad. When the duo met, Abhishek told him how much he liked Karan's new Mountain Dew ad. Karan will be soon seen in a cameo in Abhishek starrer Drona. After the shooting of the movie, obviously they hadn't met so Karan was glad he bumped into Abhishek this way who said he would soon come to the sets of Karan's show to meet him. Karan was of course happy to hear that especially coming from such a superstar. "That was really sweet of him. We had great fun during the little while we had been shooting together" says Karan.

http://www.screenindia.com/fullstory.php?content_id=15253

shruti thumbnail

Manav Gohil is very excited with his role in Betiyaan Apni Ya Paraya Dhan. He recently entered the show and is being portrayed as an ambitious business tycoon who has fallen for Krishna, the main protagonist. Talking about his role Maanav says, "Karan is a powerful man with his own personality traits. There is no particular reason why he likes Krishna. He is not the kind to chase women but he desires Krishna. It's a bizarre kind of character." Even though Krishna is in love with somebody else he will be a significant part of her life because, "She will hate him for his guts and for forcing his attraction on to her. There will also be some kind of rivalry between them," says the actor who denies that there is a love triangle in the making. He also denies that his role is a cameo.

"Karan is a significant character and his bizarre personality traits will merge into the main story as the show progresses. I don't know how it will develop and I am not too bothered about how much screen time I will get. I will be satisfied with one good scene per episode. The daily soap scene is so volatile that you don't know what's going up and down. You just have to adapt to the situation, pick your roles and do your work. Everything depends on the audience's likes and dislikes. You don't know when and which track and character will suddenly get the eyeballs," he says.

Apart from Betiyaan, Manav is currently in talks with production houses for two new shows. " I should soon know which show I am doing," he says.

http://www.deccan.com/Sunday%20Chronicle/Sunday%20ChronicleD escription.asp#Manav%20loves%20his%20tycoon%20role

monika.goel thumbnail
Manish Raisinghani:Caught between
Betiyaan and Bahuraniya

Manish Raisinghani plays Nirvaan (the youngest son) in Star One's soap Betiyaan Apni Ya Paraya Dhan and Samir in Zee's Teen Bahuraniya. The case is simple; two shows with tracks gaining ground and retaining the focus on him. What happens is every TV star's plight; being torn between two different shows on rival channels. Kavita Dadhe spoke to Manish to figure out how efficiently he deals with his double shifts?

As we chat on the sets, the courtroom scene is being set, Manish exclaims, "Finally, I am going to be free."

For the uninitiated, Nirvaan is kept behind bars for his conscience needs a wash. Very soon, he'll turn into a positive character and in the meantime Krishna has taken over the reins as usual and is fighting to protect the family's pride.
The drama is killing as Nirvana's mother collapses in the court with her six daughters hovering over her as honeybees. Currently,Nirvaan is in a pathetic phase of his character as he's made to beg with tears; "They get glycerin on this show because they need to make someone cry and as the most innocent looking guy around they want me to cry."

Cut to Teen Bahuraniya. Here, contrary to Nirvaan, Samir essays the role of a comic gold digger. "Well, he isn't a vicious gold digger, he's a misguided genius who's just unwilling to work. The character is amazing and good hearted. The show promises to have some amazing twists to watch out for."

So is Manish feeling a bit stretched between both the shows? On a lighter note, the actor says, "Touchwood, there isn't a grave problem as I am very sweet to everybody on the sets. Seriously, I work in two shifts, 24 hours a day. 7 am to 7 pm for one show and 7 pm to 7 am for another. I know that the cast of Teen Bahuraniya must be irritated with me, but they're so sweet they don't show it. I feel terrible sometimes, as the cast ranges from Jotsnaji who is 80 years old to newly wed actors. However, they understand that my shift is also killing and I have had a bath yesterday after three days."

He burst into a fit of laughter not letting work stress shadow our conversation. On that note we prefer to leave the actor alone!

shruti thumbnail
Manish Raisinghani:Caught between
Betiyaan and Bahuraniya

Manish Raisinghani plays Nirvaan (the youngest son) in Star One's soap Betiyaan Apni Ya Paraya Dhan and Samir in Zee's Teen Bahuraniya. The case is simple; two shows with tracks gaining ground and retaining the focus on him. What happens is every TV star's plight; being torn between two different shows on rival channels. Kavita Dadhe spoke to Manish to figure out how efficiently he deals with his double shifts?

As we chat on the sets, the courtroom scene is being set, Manish exclaims, "Finally, I am going to be free."

For the uninitiated, Nirvaan is kept behind bars for his conscience needs a wash. Very soon, he'll turn into a positive character and in the meantime Krishna has taken over the reins as usual and is fighting to protect the family's pride.
The drama is killing as Nirvana's mother collapses in the court with her six daughters hovering over her as honeybees. Currently,Nirvaan is in a pathetic phase of his character as he's made to beg with tears; "They get glycerin on this show because they need to make someone cry and as the most innocent looking guy around they want me to cry."

Cut to Teen Bahuraniya. Here, contrary to Nirvaan, Samir essays the role of a comic gold digger. "Well, he isn't a vicious gold digger, he's a misguided genius who's just unwilling to work. The character is amazing and good hearted. The show promises to have some amazing twists to watch out for."

So is Manish feeling a bit stretched between both the shows? On a lighter note, the actor says, "Touchwood, there isn't a grave problem as I am very sweet to everybody on the sets. Seriously, I work in two shifts, 24 hours a day. 7 am to 7 pm for one show and 7 pm to 7 am for another. I know that the cast of Teen Bahuraniya must be irritated with me, but they're so sweet they don't show it. I feel terrible sometimes, as the cast ranges from Jotsnaji who is 80 years old to newly wed actors. However, they understand that my shift is also killing and I have had a bath yesterday after three days."

He burst into a fit of laughter not letting work stress shadow our conversation. On that note we prefer to leave the actor alone!

http://us.tellychakkar.com/y2k7/apr/2apr/news_manish.php