Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 17 years ago

Mannish Goel losing two roles in quick succession

Mannish Goel has been in the news for losing out roles in two television serials - 'Kaajjal' (Sony) and 'Betiyaan Apni Yaa Paraya Dhan' (Star One).

Mannish claims that he was promised a meaty role in 'Betiyaan..' but says angrily, "Junior artists faced the camera more than me. Waiting for an hour or two is understandable but seven long hours and that too in a woman's get up with 35 pins in my hair was horrific. I was made to sit with all the junior artists on the set which was nothing less than a hot furnace and every minute someone would come up to me and tell me to shift as I was coming in the frame. I have worked with Balaji, UTV, Miditech and many other production houses, but I have never been treated like this before."

Mannish was asked to shave off his beard for the Indian Telly Awards but he refused to do so as he wanted to be loyal to his character in 'Betiyaan..'. "This is my level of commitment to the production house and the serial," affirms Mannish. "Sunjoy Wadhwa (director of 'Paraya..') never promoted my character but he called everyone when I walked out of his serial. I was hounded by never heard of before publications on that day. I was so disheartened that I was literally in tears," asserts Goel. On his role in 'Kajjal', he says, "Everyone knew that I was very excited about playing a NRI in 'Kaajjal'.

After being approached for the role, Sony told me that shooting will begin in a couple of days, and then they didn't call me for a month. One night, they buzzed me and said that the shoot will start the following day. I had not even signed the contract with Sony and they took me for granted.

As I had a prior commitment for a promotional campaign in Turkey for Star, I had no other option but to tell them about it. An actor needs to be informed well in advance," states Mannish, who was also very dismayed about the fact that volumes had been written about Chetan Hansraj replacing him, whereas he had decided to opt out even before the shoot began.

www.tvguideindia.com

shruti thumbnail

Amit plays dhanwan in Paraya Dhan

Amit Behl, who has has been associated with Mamta and Kashmakash Zindagi Ki for a long time will now be seen in Star One's Paraya Dhan. The actor who started his career with Shanti is all set to enter the show as a rich business man who lost his wife to illness and has a six year old daughter.

Amit Behl: On cloud nine!

"I play Mahendra, a kind and compassionate middle aged guy who's into construction. He proposes to marry Chand (Jyoti Makkar) while she likes someone else (Gautam Rode). The four sisters in the house aren't happy about it and try to kidnap her on the day of the wedding. There will be a love triangle in the upcoming tracks," points out Amit who has started shooting for Paraya... three days back.

He adds, "I took up this role as I've worked with the director of the show earlier who's also a dear friend. Besides producer Sunjoy Waddhwa is a good at his job. And finally I get to essay a character my age."

Amit will be given a classy Gujrati look, complete with designer suits, Jodhpuri kurtas and a moustache. The actor will enter the track from 17 January.

And the reason to rejoice doesn't end with bagging a new show. Amit and his wife are expecting their first child in March. "I am very excited about becoming a father though I've not been able to devote much time to my wife. I'd prefer a baby girl since I don't have a sister but anything is ok with me as long as the baby is healthy. I've been busy shooting for my shows, working out for the Mumbai Marathon so she has been managing and taking care pretty much on her own," sighs Amit who plans to take out more time for his wifey dearest.

So watch out for this actor who will be making the most of the his luck coming his way this year.

http://www.tellychakkar.com/y2k7/jan/17jan/news_amit.php

shruti thumbnail
Patli gali se nikal gaya!
By: Shaheen Parkar
January 22, 2007

Amit Behl

He had barely shot three days for Paraaya Dhan as the newly introduced character Mahindra, Amit Behl was suddenly told that he was no longer required in the drama.

The actor had been approached by the production house, Sphere Origins to be a part of the Star One serial, which will relocate to Star Plus from today.

Says a miffed Amit, "They were the ones who got in touch with me for the character, so I don't understand how they could have done something like this.

On the third night, after I had finished the shoot, I receive a call from the channel (Star Plus) saying that they wanted me to change my stance towards the character. I was to play a more positive role. Then I was told that I looked too thin for the role and that I wasn't required any more!"

Bad experience

Amit was completely taken aback, more so by the tactics of the production house.

"They told me that the channel did not want me. And to think that I have done shows like Asha Parekh's Kora Kagaz (for which I fetched the Best Actor in A Negative Role award twice!) and Deepti Bhatnagar's Kabhi Aaye Na Judaai with the same channel. I don't even want to know who is to blame — the channel or production house — as I have left all this behind as a bad experience."

He is presently seen in Mamta on Zee and Kashmakash on DD1. On the big screen, he features in Sudhanshu Jha's Ek Dastak. He also does theatre and is part of Dinesh Thakur's play, Topi Shukla. "I had adjusted my Mamta dates for Paraaya Dhan as they wanted me to shoot immediately," says Amit.

Clueless

It is learnt that Waquar Sheikh has been roped in instead of Amit in Paraaya Dhan. So has Amit really lost oodles of weight? "You've seen what I look like. I don't know what they're talking about!"

Has he spoken to producer Sunjoy Wadhwa about the problem? "I haven't as I've been told that he is out of town presently," says Amit, who has worked with the same production house for their earlier venture Neeyat.

http://www.mid-day.com/hitlist/2007/january/150542.htm

shruti thumbnail
TV Track

'I want to act in films'
Saturday, January 27, 2007 10:15:32 IST
Rahil Azam the handsome young dude from Bangalore always wanted to become an actor. Mumbai is where his dreams have become a reality. He became a household name with the Hatim, and is regarded as the only action star of television. He enjoys doing his stunts; whether it's jumping from the 13th floor or bike and fire sequences
</>

A little about yourself …
I come from a business family in Bangalore. My father is into the textile business. My mother is a homemaker. Every child thinks his or her parents are good looking but honestly speaking I haven't seen a couple as good looking as my parents. If I had even 50% of my parent's looks, I would have been in Hollywood.

How did acting happen?
I always wanted to be an actor. Before coming to Mumbai, I used to look into the mirror and ask myself if the audience will applaud for me. My first break was Karan Arjun for which I faced camera for the first time. But ironically after the pilot, the show didn't happen.

What happened after that?
I did Ek Tukda Chand Ka as a lead on Zee followed by cameo roles in Bhabhi and Kahiin Kissi Roz. After that I did 37-Saal Baad followed by Hatim. Then it was Yeh Meri Life Hai, Saarthi, and Resham Dank. Currently, I'm doing Betiyaan Ya Paraya Dhan. Hatim proved to be the landmark in my careers as computer graphics were very prominently used for the first time in the TV industry. The program had a re-run and generated lots of positive response from people of all age groups particularly children.

Do you feel you are too good-looking for the role of a tapori in Betiyan Ya Paraya Dhan?
A lot of people have told me that that I look like a hero. In my opinion, a hero is one who can do any kind of a role. The kind of scenes Vedant has, gives me ample scope to perform. Vedant is the only character in the show that does both, comedy and action. Why can't a 'tapori' be a good-looking guy? It's a misconception that a 'tapori' has to be a bad looking guy.

So how did it feel playing a tapori?
It is a unique role and I am happy doing it. I was the original choice for the role but because of my commitment to Resham Dank, I could not do it. Vedant is a multi-faced personality who is unpredictable.

How is it working with Sujoy Wadhwa and his production house?
I had a brief acquaintance with Sujoy Ji, a year and a half back when I was slated to do Don with him. Unfortunately, the character demanded an older guy so I lost out on that opportunity. Since then I was looking for an opportunity to work with them. Two months back I lost an opportunity to work with him again because of dates issue. Better later than never. My wish was finally fulfilled.

What was your reaction when Resham Dank was pulled off air all of a sudden?
I was yawning. It was stale news to me and I asked my boy to make tea for me. Later, I called up a couple of my friends and went out for dinner. I believe in perfection and when things don't go according to what has been told to me, I just brush it off.

Don't you want to work with Ekta Kapoor?
I would love to work with her again. I had done a cameo in Kahiin Kissi Roz. She's a writer's and actor's delight because of her perfect presentation and interesting content. I was approached for Kesar when I was doing Yeh Meri Life Hai but couldn't take it up. If I am offered a substantial role, I will surely take it up.

How about films?
Of course, I want to act in films. There is a time for everything. It will happen whenever it has to.

If not an actor, what would you be?
I would have pursued a career in software or joined my father's business.

Where do you see yourself five years from now?
In the fifth season of KBC as the anchor. What more I can ask for? (Laughs)

shruti thumbnail

Hic leave!

Amit Behl is sacked, allegedly for reporting drunk on the sets of Paraya Dhan.

High folks! Amit Behl

Amit Behl who had recently entered Paraya Dhan as Mahendra, has been ousted from the show, as he came drunk on the sets and acted unprofessionally with the production members. Amit, who shot for only two days for the show, has been replaced by Waqar Sheikh in Paraya Dhan.

A source from the production house says, "Amit was chosen to play Mahendra as he suited the character quite well. He also knows the producer Sunjoy Wadhwa for a long time. Despite being an experienced actor, he came drunk on the sets and acted unprofessionally. As the show has a host of new young girls acting in it, the producers did not want to take the risk of keeping him in the serial. They were very upset with his behaviour and decided to replace him. The actor came for the shoot for two days and was then replaced by Waqar Sheikh. Now, the production house and Amit have decided to be tight-lipped about the whole development as it will create a bad impression about Amit."

A seemingly unperturbed Amit says, "I shot for two days and on the third day

Waqar Sheikh

they told me they are working further on the show's looks. On the fourth day, I got call from the production house that they won't be able work with me, so they are replacing me."

Amit also insists that he did not land drunk on the sets of Paraya Dhan. "I have never acted unprofessionally on the sets. This is completely untrue. I have been in the industry for such a long time because of my talent. I drink only at parties. Moreover, no production house has had problems with my drinking. I really don't care if some production house or channel wants to malign me. I don't give a damn," he adds.

Lata Sridhar, supervising producer of the show, is also tight-lipped about the incident. She says, "There was some problem with the looks of the character. We got instruction from the channel to replace Amit, so he has been replaced by Waqar Sheikh. I know nothing beyond that."

Waqar says, "Amit is a very good friend of mine. I know he shot for two days and then he was out of the show. I think the channel had a problem with the look of the character. I know nothing beyond that."

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&am p;sectid=12&contentid=2007020602170368798c4ead5

shruti thumbnail

Compassion.com

Manish Raisinghania is sick of hanging around hospitals, on screen and off it too.

Manish Raisinghania had been living out of hospitals quite literally. His mother and his grandmother both had been admitted to the hospital and so were his on-screen father and friend. Poor Manish's day would begin with visiting the hospital and end with visiting another.

Manish Raisinghania

Manish says, "My mother suffered from a gynecological problem and my grandmother had suffered an injury because of a fall. It was a difficult phase for me. This was the first time that a family member was admitted to a hospital and that too, two at a time; my mother and my grandmother. I felt all the more depressed."

That was just his real life tryst with hospitals. On-screen he has been spending quality time in the sick ward as well! "In both the serials that I star in, Kahiin To Hoga and Betiyaan Apni Ya Paraya Dhan, I had my on-screen friend and father from the respective serials admitted to the hospital. So I had several scenes - where else, but in the hospital! For most part of the day, I just kept shuttling from one hospital to the other. This turned out to be mentally taxing. I was quite exhausted.

"Usually one forgets one's worries when one gets engaged in their work. But because my work revolved around hospitals too, I hardly got a chance to breathe freely. I would always be worried about my mother and grandmother's health.

Now, all my on-screen and off-screen relatives have been discharged from the hospital," he says with a sigh of relief.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&am p;sectid=12&contentid=20070207022116312b0413093

shruti thumbnail
'Being called an alcoholic is like a slap on my face!'

Amit Behl says that some actor from Mamta is trying to malign him

HARSHADA REGE

When the incidents of a drunk Amit Behl walking on the sets of Paraya Dhan become common knowledge, industry people were quite shocked. It was also claimed that the actor was sacked because of his behaviour. However, he claims that he wasn't involved in any such incident.
"Being called an alcoholic is like a slap on my face. I shot with the unit on Jan 14 and 15. I was told to change my look. I changed the look and they loved it. I was supposed to shoot the next day. I got a call from the producer saying some people were not happy with my look. So, they didn't want to work with me, which was fine with me. I got to know Waqar Sheikh has replaced me. When I got to know about my supposed drinking problem, I was shocked. Going to the sets is like going to a worship place. This has offended my sensiblities. It's the 95th serial I have done," he says.
"It's a war, two channels are fighting and I am being made a scapegoat. There's some actor from the the sets of Mamta who has done this. I am paying the price for being nice to everyone," he fumes
Amit says, "I couldn't imagine who had the audacity to say like something like that. I have been in this industry for the past 12 years, and have around 45,000 episodes to my credit along with numerous ads and theatre work. I think if I have managed to be this successful, there has to be a level of professionalism in it." The actor confesses of going through a low-phase professionally. "But that doesn't mean I am going to report drunk on the sets. I come from a middle class family. Such behaviour is not in my culture and with a pregnant wife, this is definitely not what one could expect from me." But the fact remains that the actor is no longer a part of Paraya Dhan. Why is that so? "Talking about Paraya Dhan, the reason I am no longer there in the show is because they were confused how to place my character in terms of my looks. In fact, the producers of the show personally called me up and apologised." The actor hopes to forget the episode and get on with life.
virgoqueen thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Star's Betiyaan gets a new twist!

Star One's primetime show Betiyaan Apni Yaa Paraaya Dhan, which many in the beginning labeled as regressive, has finally managed to catch the attention of the audiences.

The social drama, a story of six daughters and a son born into a Zamindar family of Neelkanth Chanda Rana who considers his daughters more of a burden. It somehow tries to capture the reality of our times that still believes in discrimination of the girl child.

Adds Rekha Modi, the writer of the show, "Initially it was a challenge to make audiences watch this kind of a story. And slowly it's moving in a different direction altogether. The show's popularity is soaring by the day and the track would witness fresh drama in the coming days."

Shilpa Shinde, who plays Mira in the show says, "My character is like Rani Ki Jhansi. I speak up on behalf of my sisters, since we are not the favourites with our family. Manish Rai Singhania, who plays the only son Nirvaan in the show, is the laadla of the family and the centre of attention too. I am a complete rebel and stand up for my rights, which many a times doesn't go well with my parents, especially my dad."

When queried on how the new track is shaping up, Shilpa adds, "There's a lot of drama happening in the family. My dad will get a heart attack and the family house would be put up for auction to meet the exorbitant medical cost. There will be confrontation scenes between me and my dad Neelkanth Chanda Rana, played by Rajiv Verma over the property rights of the haveli."

So will the haveli be sold to safeguard the family head ? Or will the Betiyaan of the house be up to fight for their rights? The intrigue surely needs a watch.

Edited by virgoqueen - 17 years ago
shruti thumbnail
Crazy Rahil becomes a fakir for love

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Very often people go from strength to strength to meet the love of their life and they don't seem to mind doing anything to achieve their mission. Believe it or not, Rahil Azam too seems to be one such person.

Recently, Rahil dressed up like a fakir to meet the love of his life - Shilpa Shinde! Don't worry, this was not in real life, but in reel. In fact, Rahil had to put on the guise of a fakir for their serial 'Betiyaan Apni Ya Paraya Dhan' on Zee TV to meet his lady love Shilpa, who is Veera in the soap. Rahil plays the role of Vedant. Since their characters are going to marry soon they aren't allowed to meet and Rahil aka Vedant has to don the grab of a fakir. Interesting, isn't it?

"My character Vedant is not allowed entry into Veera's house and so he gets into the disguise of a fortune teller to meet his love. I am getting good scenes of wide variety in the show," says a thrilled Rahil.

Now, it's well- known that Rahil is a professional and if you recall he had continued working in the serial 'Yeh Meri Life Hai' on Sony despite developing rashes on his face. Although the doctor had advised him rest, Rahil continued to shoot restlessly. But one interesting thing is that Rahil's efforts do pay off since his audiences like his work a lot.

Recently, he got a call from an Aurangabad's family praising his work in 'Betiyaan'. "The most striking thing about the family was that the father who called me told me that he has nine daughters and all the daughters spoke to me on the phone one after the other."
shruti thumbnail
Rahil gets in gear!
By: Shaheen Parkar
February 16, 2007
Rahil Azam

Rahil Azam recently performed a stunt for the Star show, Paraya Dhan. The telly actor, who has a penchant for doing action scenes himself, rode a bike through fire.

It may be recalled that over two years ago, Rahil was afflicted with a severe skin condition thanks to a stunt he performed. As a result, he had to stop shooting for Ye Meri Life Hai because even make-up couldn't camouflage the nasty eruptions.

Director's delight

Says Rahil, "At that time, we were shooting in immense heat and smoke and I could feel the fire on my face. I didn't realise it then, but within days my face had developed ugly scars. Acne only heightened the problem. My skin was severely affected."

This time around, Rahil (who plays Vedant in Paraya Dhan), surprisingly had no reservations doing an action sequence again. "I didn't have second thoughts about what would happen to my skin. I didn't even think about it. I love to make ny director happy. When I was asked, I simply jumped into the fray," he says.

Daredevil

The actor says that after he sought medical help the last time, things are okay on the skin front. "Those were the most critical days of my career. I was in no position to face the camera. I consulted a dermatologist and it's absolutely fine now."

Rahil was earlier seen in the Star fantasy Hatim, and did his own stunts in the show. In Ye Meri Life Hai, he had jumped from a 13-storey building.
At the Star Parivaar awards in 2005, he rode a bike through a glass pane, a sequence that had been directed by Bollywood action director Allan Amin.

"That was some experience! I did not even realise it but after I got off the bike, I felt there was something dripping from my nose. It turned out to be blood," he says sportingly.

Despite the injuries and the resultant skin disorder, Rahil remains undaunted about action. "It is a childhood dream, so there is nothing that can stop me from doing it."

Any takers for Dhoom 3?

http://www.mid-day.com/hitlist/2007/february/151953.htm