Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Frida thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Even Pyaare Afzal's OST is from late Guru Dutt's movie - Pyaasa (1957), sung by Hemant Kumar.

http://youtu.be/WgGcQk4l820

-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

so its indian :O

wow i wasnt aware that Pak shows copy their osts too :P

Hina

Mirza Ghalib's poetry is well known in the sub-continent ( India, Pakistan, Bangladesh ) hamesha se.. N using his poetry in any of their shows is NOT a copy coz it does NOT belong to one nation only.. When he wrote it, these three countries were united na... so itz not a copy..

i gave example of " Jugni " song.. it was originally sung by Arif Lohar, then i guess Shazia Khatak too sung it.. but we didn't say she copied it coz she didn't.. it is sung twice with two different styles n compositions. n then "Jugni" of Cocktail is there sung by Arif Lohar n Harshdeep Kaur... n i really like all versions.. again i m sayin itz NOT a copy.

Songs like Disco Deewane.. originally sung by the late Nazia Hassan.. yes.. i didn't like the fact of putting it like tht in a new song.. but they gave credit to her n itz known tht NH sung it n it was HER blockbuster album song ! so i don't mind n we shouldn't.. as it gets appreciation... 😳

For these two songs u mentioned, itz a NO.. itz NOT a copy here.. they r free to use any poetry as itz not written for any particular show or situation. 😊

If they wud have taken a show's OST like.. dnt knw Humsafar.. tab it wud be a copy.. but yahan itz not 😃

Edited by RisingAsh - 9 years ago
sillage. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Its a ghazal by Mirza Ghalib to which many singers have given their music.
I first listened to it through drama 'Badi Aapa' and got moved by lyrics.Then YTed and found Jagjit Singh and Chitra' version too.
This ghazal has many versions and I got to know many more here by and that the original version is by Talat Mehmood.
Thanks people.
sillage. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

so its indian :O

wow i wasnt aware that Pak shows copy their osts too :P

I have heard many OSTs being copied but a bit changes in the music and beats.
Pyarey Afzal is an example though I've not listened to it myself.
I guess some songs,ghazal or qawali are universal..so somehow they get used sometime or the other.
I liekd bari aapa version the most...

Oh and I always thought the pyare afzal ghazal was originally pakistani