Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1288765 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
@indi52 ok sure, hello Indi!!! This is by far one of my favourite threads on IF!!!
aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Horizon

Sorry for the spamming Indi.. didn't realize.

Yes, Vandana's efforts are utterly commendable. How she saves, finds stuff relevant to epis is amazing, inspiring..

Oh that chemistry.. the whole Bohr's theory can be reexplained for these two...no emotion felt overboard.. a perfect synchrony of body language ans expression enters the frame...i was going to say.. may be these two are ETs.. from another planet.. with perfection extraordinaire.. to be discovered centuries later...😆

I cringed at a few things Kh did.. the way she unveiled and practiced dabba service being one of them altho the intent was great.. and yes that total all pyaz talk with clients was crappy..even then i don't expect him to go below dignity.. which she does easily as her own way .. public bath coming soon...but i like your explanation for the sit ups.. that he only hinted.. and she took from there on her own.. 😊...

Jumping in dis

I somehow really disliked the dabba service. It was sort of shoved into the picture without any proper explanation or thought. Of course, it might also come from the fact that she just couldn't stay away from him just like kids who drive each other crazy, but still want to keep playing.

Earlier when khushi decided to work, even agree to Anjali's blackmail in a way, it was with dignity and a drive to prove herself. She wanted to help save her babuji's shop and she was good with maths and numbers. Even when she decided to start the mithai business with buaji and Payal they put in so much work. This just felt silly and interfering.

Here she was definitely creating a scene in office and being very 'middil class' with the bhabhi talk. Plus she gave up this and the children tutoring at the drop off the hat.

Didn't like that whole savior thing with the fake clients either. There was no seriousness or intelligent humor there just something hastily put in.

With ASR also I feel during these episodes the creators were a bit confused about his reactions. Like the karha thing and shaitan sundari. They would try using him for comedy, but luckily Barun managed to retain the staggering hurt and seething anger.

Heer Ranjha on stage and the fights after were the only good parts for me and then I did enjoy the swami morning which was hilarious.
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
hi, made some edits for 225 and 226... have to post them here of course.

Edited by indi52 - 8 years ago
kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Uff those first edits of the man wearing his tie and that scene actually. I went and watched that yesterday, gets you every time. "yahan tho you made my life hell anyway". You just feel bad for the two of them.
Coming to the dabba service and tuitions, wish they had done it in a better way. One of the endearing things about khushi was how she went about doing things, she would put her self respect also on the line, if it meant helping her family. She did what she had to do with commitment. That dialogue to La, "humein yahan laya gaya, thaki naniji aapse khush ho sake, aap aur arnavji yeh ghar chodkar na jaaye, iske liye jo bhi karna hoga hum karengey "or something to that effect 😆 You felt for that girl then. Why o why did they turn this lovely creature into a caricature.
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
^^^

lovely creature into caricature.

you put it so well, kizh. i loved her in that scene you speak of, when she comes, even if she doesn't wish to, and does that deal making with la. yes, she was real and sanka was not stupidity, it was her ability to think differently, possibly she was born with it and then circumstances got that honed and sharpened.

from the first scene... this is a girl who doesn't give up, believes things can be resolved, breaks rules if needed, but gets things done. even if they go wrong, she does her best. the very fact that in delhi, seeing her bua ji in a difficult financial state, she is happy to consider working and does all she can to get the job, says a lot about her pretty contemporary mindset, she is not hanging around waiting for parents to go get ladka and become achhi bahu, she as you say will do everything for her family and act a lot the way often sons are expected to. she is responsible, willing to take risks, committed, and refreshingly a different thinker.

so when they make her look ridiculous because they were lost, ugh.

i often wonder are these telltale signs of patriarchy that we forget to note. girls are so dispensable essentially, the system so reduces them to an object, that when the need arises, you push her around without even thinking... she is just an instrument of keeping a system, a show, a story, whatever... going. a thing. that's all.

yes, they messed with asr's gussa later but they didn't make him lose his mind. would kkg ever ever ever take her husband out to a tubewell or eat up all his food or completely forget her dabba service and her students...

yahan tho you made my life hell. breathing is laboured.

Edited by indi52 - 8 years ago
kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Is it yesterday once more? I feel like doing what the young ones do, OMG, OMG...😆
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW4lxtorPaw[/YOUTUBE]
Credit: YouTube/Uploader
^ Thanks!
Did you know that Sarun are back? We need more confirmation. Twitter and FB are on fire with this news.

Here's the discussion link on IF.
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4492449
kizh72 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Katelyn

^ Thanks!

Did you know that Sarun are back? We need more confirmation. Twitter and FB are on fire with this news.

Here's the discussion link on IF.
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4492449

Kate,
Apparently there's something been planned for hotstar. Whatever it is to see them together would be great. The opening bars of the title track puts a smile on my face, always.
^ Anything would be great just to see them once again as Arnav and Khushi.

The quality is not that great.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUc-rBjsH_A[/YOUTUBE]

This one is better.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaa5t0jel0w[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by Katelyn - 8 years ago
kizh72 thumbnail
"A member of the popular IPK thread, Blast of the Past had also met him yesterday 😃 She had got a book of their edits autographed by Barun, he had read each and every page and had commented on them all!" (Cr:Aruni, Barun in electro dandiya event in Kolkata thread)
Haila, who is this? Wiwi? And how come this thread is such a sunsaan si sadak? Did the laad governor say shutup and get out all at once?😕😆