Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago
episode 221

"nani, nani! meri car ki keys dijiye please, nani, c'mon!" nani, please give me my car keys, nani, c'mon. how does just a tone of voice convey an entire relationship.

i have to say i felt a little bad for our "bahut bari ego hai meri" mr arnav singh raizada. yes, that ego of his, interpreted by his wife as his weighty ghamand, is rather substantial. but look at the state the women in his life reduce him to.

and he does have a penchant for crazy women doesn't he? crazy and fairly strong willed, so unlike hindi soap women, so refreshing. di, mami, khushi... now just look at what nani is doing to him. she is not giving him his car keys, and with that nani grandson relationship of theirs he can't even snatch it away and stalk off. though he does try again and again to leave, but finally even the phone battery doesn't listen to him. my poor ego man.

i loved the exchanges with nani this episode. he can sense a game is on, but he has no idea what... he is in love with a jhalli and he is mad at her... now to exacerbate matters, nani is acting strangely and di is not willing to listen... he has to sit and watch what is pretty much anathema to him... and me.

honestly, when fancy dress competition got going, i was horrified. where were they taking us i wondered. even this episode with all its beautiful asr khushi moments had me hassled. the whole thing made no sense, suddenly some bizarre competition... along with star plus promoting its new shows, and that really bad compere.

however, jayshree t, barun sobti, sanaya irani, utkarsha naik brought fun and meaning to the episode. i can never complain about the acting in ipk. it rarely fails. and the joy of consummate acting is paradoxically heightened when the writing is not what it could be.

we began with nani hijacking chhotey's car keys. at the same time, another key hunt continued. shyam looking for saaley saab's drawer key. that asr shyam mirroring of action or thought or emotion now feels familiar and very ipk.

khushi had had enough of her unnecessarily nasty arnav ji, so she let him have some sass.

both are pretty irritated with each other, and yet that totally uncontrollable feeling within them continues to have a field day. i believe lovers are often like that, even that tension, that ready to ignite anytime irritation, is a potent sign of pyaar.

how lovely that falling, catching, tumbling of curtain rods and the worried wife all over her injured husband, rubbing his forehead, blowing on it, asking, "
aa-aap theek hai? zyada dard ho raha kya?" are you alright? is it hurting too much?

and how acidity giving the man's lost look as she comes closer and shows her tenderness... just moments ago, he'd yelled, are you mad?

and why wouldn't he. madam had caught hold of his head and banged his forehead against hers... so as not to grow a horn. their foreheads had knocked once accidentally. now i would have yelled at kkgsr too, but i have grown up with the exact same superstition and done this twice head banging many times... why didn't we ever worry about growing two horns, why only one? but then must we always be logical? if we are, won't we miss the magic around us. the stuff no logic can ever comprehend or deliver.

i notice ipk writers are taking this logic magic divide pretty seriously and have completely bid farewell to the former.

oh never mind. nani is so adept at stringing khadoos grandson along, i am happy watching the tug of war.

and while she is managing chhotey, she is also setting up both him and her beloved khushi. you can't fool nani, she knows the two of them are warring, so a loving happy interference and a carefully executed plan... very very filmi.

in the middle of it star plus's predictable plan... some promotion for a new show. two songs play, one has khushi going nuts dancing along with manorama... they almost hi five, but then that cool pull back by mami. what can a poor asr do but fall flat for his girl again, his eyes saying things he has decided his lips will refute.

the second song is a love song and creatives use it again to explore asr's helpless pyaar, khushi's confused, tremulous state at his nearness. very pretty. that earring of khushi's in asr's hand, why does it look so intimate always... a separate conversation between the two, in silence, through gestures.

finally the key is found.

nani has it. and it's called heer ranjha.

sanaya looked stunning. who could blame asr for staring.

khushi was too cute when she'd said earlier,
"matlab hum bhag nahin lenge..." does that mean we won't take part?

that was her, she loved tamasha, a little out of the everyday, drama, song and dance. exactly all that he had kept away from his life. focusing on the real, the rational, the dimaag things. here, even as things
between them are pretty bad, somehow it felt natural that she would be all excited about the competition. perhaps it's one way of not staying tied to what bothered her. instead letting something that made her happy, lighten things, make it easier to handle.

when nani finally turned the key and opened the lock to beautiful hamesha, neither khushi nor asr knew. she was worried she didn't know a thing. but then nani told her she knew it all really.

mr sab kuch mere control mein hai, who'd never dream of doing something without first practicing it and getting rid of all glitches, was brusque about doing this "
stoopid love story" which hadn't been practiced. what was the need to do it?

nani smiled benignly and looked very worried about her costume. ranjha was a male, pointed out her logical grandson. so the costume will be a male's, right?

without saying anything nani held the costume against the only male before her. the very very male in fact, her chhotey. ranjha.

as she has said earlier, since the one called chhotey acts all adult, she has to play and do childish things. after all she is nani... hum nani hain.

in the meantime manorama is dressed as krishna. where there's a game, how can nand kissore not be present.

talking of games, maybe we should start one called "who can say crazy how softly and how sexily?" what say.

Edited by indi52 - 8 years ago
1288765 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@indi52 Yes, we'll definitely be here for a long, long time!!! 😉
Edited by AmritaIPKKND - 8 years ago
indi52 thumbnail

hi amritaipkknd,

😆

do call me indi...

indi52 thumbnail
episode 223

"trifles light as air
are to the jealous confirmations strong
as proofs of holy writ. this may do something."
~~~ iago in willliam shakespeare's othello ~~~

how not to think of the conniving, dangerous iago when shyam picked up khushi's handkerchief at the pharmacy. of course it came with the predictable calculating look and then we got treated to shyam's ever more irritating slanted super villain of soap smile. ah, alliteration, the man has me running to decorate the lingo with rhetoric.

after which the handkerchief disappeared. for hamesha.

i do wish that pointed picking of handkerchief was not quietly forgotten and made a smart appearance at some point.

apart from this one thing, nothing really caught my attention in this filler type of episode.

even the set up to get khushi and shyam to whizz off to fetch medicines (what else could poor anjali ask for) was not very convincing. nothing to stop shyam from asking the directions to a pharmacy nearby. khushi needn't have accompanied him at all.

but while the creatives think where to take the story next - an ad hoc strain is stalking ipk since before dilli mein bali days - asr khushi fights are what keep a sense of continuity. so this shyam and khushi pharmacy trip will ratchet anger up to another level, and that might be its only use. especially since the story around handkerchief will be dropped.

of course, i was touched and thrilled by the raging anger in asr and khushi and their tango in the green room. yeah, everything feels like a dance when the two are by themselves and that anger sets its pace and tone, its music. eyes blaze, breaths race, words are flung, arms reach out and grasp, thinning lips kiss ire.

"kyun...?" why? asr asked, angered by his wife's refusal to take the prize. and a fight began. he wants to win.. she won't let him.

"aapne wajah khud bata diya... ahsaan kiya na aapne hum pe... nahin chahiye aapka ahsaan!" you gave the reason yourself, khushi in red and incensed retorted in the middle of a full fledged skirmish, you did a favour you say... don't want any favours from you.

ever since he has denied that he meant something with his "main tumse hamesha,... hamesha..." there's a funny anger seething in her. she knows the man was trying to say something. she perhaps knows the man is crazy about her. during bali, she had said, i know laad governor's "bolti" is "band" when he sees me... so she is not unaware of her effect on him... but this constant denial of his and the brutal behaviour, innuendos, it's all getting to her. today she is angry, perhaps even more than him.

lovely sequence.

however the reason why payal and then khushi refused to take the prize, sorry... pretty silly. it does not establish what wonderful girls they are. it actually says they are highly undependable and judgmental. payal had raised her already blighted ma in law's hopes. sheer insensitivity is what she displayed by just dumping the act. and really payal who is sensible usually, who can transliterate the english letter for mano so she may read it, who can tick off asr when she needs to, isn't able handle the situation in a more elegant and intelligent way is hard to accept. what was that keeping quiet on stage, looking destroyed, dropping matka.

oh my poor mano, i quite get her going ballistic.

khushi's refusal to accept the prize... had that been fueled by her anger, i might have understood. but that unilateral decision taken more because she wants to help a girl, a little uncaring of the feelings of nani ji, i thought ... and of course, arnav ji. but she is mad at him, so that i get.

why must women constantly be seen as saviours? otherwise, what exactly will happen? a real ponder on patriarchy and its nerbhussiya-ness at the very thought of a woman who is a human being in her own right is sorely needed i feel.

khushi and payal are strong, capable, loving young women. they are intelligent. they care about family, they are raised with solid traditional values but have minds of their own. they feel real, they have surprising notes in their character which make them interesting. make them likable.

shouldn't that be preserved? or will our khushis and payals forever have to be "standardized" with open hair switches and ridiculous acts of so called sacrifice, the many tenets of achhi bahu-ness? reduced to objects that keep a patriarchal way of life alive and kicking... mainly women.

i love the character called asr, because he always but always treats khushi... and payal... and the other women in his life as people. and with khushi he is so so human, never taking away her right to be just that as well. those fights are between two equals... he never judges her because she yells and shouts, i get the feeling he enjoys that return fire... this man has never needed an achhi bahu, he is man enough to handle a woman. a person. an equal.

when an intelligently written script starts losing its iq... pretty hard to handle. maybe i should also drop a matka somewhere and look stricken. hello hi bye bye.

Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Indi
That edit in the end is quite wonderful. WE saw all shades of asr- Kh in here.. disappointed that he made her do the sit ups on the road.. that sanka ness may have diffused into him as well..

you are abs right.. about the "credit nahi dena" moment.. something entered the frame all of a sudden.. reminding "oh chot.. uska kya"..
that complex tussle of him to be not to be with her.. continues...
Haven't you written these earlier?? I don't recall reading.
Horizon thumbnail
Indi, 220

That end edit is quite wonderful.. that credit nahi dena is indeed one moment.. reminding "oh chot.. uska kya"..
was disappointed that he made her do situps on public road.. that sankaness may have diffused into him...

haven't you written these epis earlier??

indi52 thumbnail
^^^

hi indu,

thanks. yes that "chot" of his. i say the word, even write it and something grazes against my heart. i am an eternal khadoos, who's always basically smiled with a cruel slant at anything considered "soppy", "thobby", "smarmy", and other such things. i don't watch high falutin' films, i get bored easily, and almost everything feels practised and overdone.

yet, say "chot" and i am hurting. powerful acting and perfect picking of a moment of clash in a love story. love flummoxes and thrills me... makes me feel stupid, yet makes me feel like it is right... it is essential. it is the way... the tao. and these guys get it so so well... into the atom and molecule of pyaar, the very chemistry of it. yesterday my kid was talking about bonding and electrons and shells and the sharing or giving of electrons and the target to reach stability... i was thinking relationship, asr, kkg. daughter looked stricken when i said, oh that's like a relationship. she left the room. some day she'll get it hehehhe.

haven't written these... thanks to vandana's love for ipk and her focused efforts to find everything she can on the episodes... i am filling in the blanks. those 398, i must write about all of them, just a task i have set for myself.

saw your comment on 222, that i wrote a while ago... it's in one of the threads.

as for that public place sit ups thing... if i am not to touch on the writing, i'd say this character, our asr, can get pretty nasty if pushed beyond a point. as i said earlier once, i can quite see him stopping payal and akash's wedding in a mad moment... he has mad moments, we know that. when all thinking stops and he acts.

trouble is, knowing what exactly pushes him, gives him chot. i feel an anger seethes in him, becoming quite ugly, because he has not spoken of shyam and her at all. almost stopped himself from going there in his mind... too painful... so it turns in him like a slowly destroying knife stuck inside.

calibration of emotions and acts go a bit haywire. he does weird stuff.

that whole aloo tamatar talk before two con men.. that saving of the day by kkg while he sits there looking like an idiot, then her rubbing it in with demands for thanks... hmmm... have a feeling my khadoos will not take without a return shot... so that cop and miss sanka in a state is too good an opportunity... maybe?

also he never said, do the stuff, she decided he said it.. teehee. clever writers.

i loved the little exchange when he looks at her in the car as if wanting to say something. and she says, i don't want to talk any more, all hurt and upset. aww. so so man woman and touching... he keeps quiet and doesn't rile her then.

how much these two want to be together and how badly ruined their plans keep getting. we can set up experiments in the lab with controls, how to do that in life? imagine asr and kkg all set to get into a cosy petri dish or whatever and bond and out of nowhere whirls in one shyam and falls right into the dish... now after that what can happen, what all can happen... yet, they must bond. 😆

indi52 thumbnail
episode 224

"agar itni nafrat hai humse toh haath pakad kar kyun rakha hai... chhoriye hume!"
if you hate me so much, why are you holding my hand, let me go.

where does love begin where does love end and what is really hate when you've entered that feeling called love. and what exactly is the place of fights in love.

many thoughts whirl through me as i watch the magnificent battle on the entrance to the house. the man is beside himself with rage and behaving terribly. he is flinging things, ranting, calling his wife a gold digger who pretends to be nice so she can get things. he knows she is not at all like that... and yet he says that. why? because he has seen her with shyam.

just kills him, doesn't it?

"kahan thi tum?"

where were you? brusque, looking for a fight.

he starts the moment his sister is out of sight. he has gone through many feelings in a short span of time. helpless before perhaps his own emotion he has practically confessed to her that nothing matters, nothing, no good no bad... only one thing does in this love... yes, he has used the word "pyaar". in this love only one thing matters that he forever forever...

she has picked on the fact, it was not ranjha, it was you, arnav singh raizada. she has charged him in turn daring him to say the whole thing... refusing to believe he didn't mean it.

how glorious she in her anger... why won't the man who loves her say so. i get her feeling. i adore this fiery real khushi. she was always real. till someone decided she had to be cut down to achhi bahu size. but with asr, even that didn't dare enter the equation... ever.

and then he has seen her refuse to take a prize with him.. finally, he has seen her with shyam, shyam's hand he has seen grasping khushi's nothing is in the right place within asr anymore. beside himself with rage ad agony.

i think between sanaya and barun they have created such a powerful love story, you feel the vibe of the two, you don't almost need close ups any more... their whole body language screams need, love, desire and crazy anger, the gripping tension of their myriad mixed up feelings, now raging, now ranting, now just badly yearning.

she has no idea whatsoever what is behind his attitude, his constant bashing anger, his snide ugly remarks... he talks of a "chot" but he doesn't say what.

he keeps thinking he can tell her, yet he can't bring himself to. even today...

"jaanna chahti ho..." do you want to know why i hate you, he says as if all set to tell her.

"shadi ke din se janna chahte hain..." want to know from the day of the wedding, she throws the bag she had just settled things into, including the jewellery set thrown by him with such vehemence, mindless... but when he says he is going to tell her what makes him hate her so, she vents angrily, her whole body jerks, the bag flies, is forgotten... she really needs to know what this madness is all about.

i love the way the battle escalates. totally believable. he is on a hysterical note almost... tell me where you went, repeatedly, relentlessly. he needs her to say, she was with shyam and it was a perfectly innocent thing maybe...

she knows she can't tell him but is riled by that note in his voice. another round of inexplicable anger just brings up and heightens the feelings of all the many rounds before this... that terrifying wedding, everything. and she also knows the man was practically confessing his utter love just a while back... now this sudden strike...

yes, i want to know, i am tired of this whole thing, this bewajah gussa, nafrat, the whole thing... what is all this about, she retorts, looking at him torn, in tears... what possibly is making this man behave so abominably.

a tense few moments together. face to face. holding each other without perhaps even being aware of it.

no... he can't.

he can't say it. instead he says... he plays, his mind plays... "tumse itna nafrat hone ke bawjood mujhe har roze tumhari shakal dekhni padti hai," despite hating you i have to see your face every day.. seems that is the problem. this stoopid temporary marriage...

no mention of shyam. he can't.

in his head he has conjured a vicious image of a destructive woman based on her pushing shyam away with those damaging words.. why don't you divorce anjali ji.

so to asr she is dangerous for his sister. planning horrible things. he is containing her... marrying her is the way he has chosen.

reminds me of this cousin of mine i used to be very close to as a kid. who whenever he got mad at me, he often did... he'd threaten to take me to the in laws' house. sasural. in bengali shoshur sounds like oshur... monster (not exact translation, but basically, baddie...). he meant the monster's house. teehee.

so, i laugh to myself sometimes, asr took khushi to the monster's house... to make sure she doesn't harm his sister.

convoluted mad thinking. only a lover can think this badly.

okay had he forced himself on her, i'd say he was a misogynist brute, but here none of that... instead this alternating between tenderness, need, and total uncontrollable rage.

writers and actors seem to understand love better than many wise books and movies and theories of pyaar. and a watching of this serial by young unmarried people, even married ones, may end up stopping many divorces, saving many lovers the agony of walking away.

such a remarkable sense of this compelling feeling and such a prizing of it above all else. i don't say one should put up with endless injustice and brutality, but one must understand this is not about political correctness, this call is from another place and it is valuable. actually invaluable.

i love the struggle the two of them go through within themselves... both trying to fight that love but it somehow asserting itself. of course, both characters are individually pretty dhakdhak giving.

both clean and pure essentially, yet with flaws and other nuances. that cleanliness, that innocence almost, another invaluable thing.

"kya, kya kiya humne..." what, what have i done... she keeps asking. i totally enjoyed the fact that khushi fought back and never ever cowered or allowed his brutal behaviour to crush her. so natural and so needed to be seen on our television.

he couldn't let her go finally, as he had once before... not now... he can't any longer. in a way, khushi knew how badly he needed her despite all his horrible behaviour.
she said, "jo baat aapke dil mein hai woh toh aap kabhi kehte nahin hain! aapka aham..." what's in your heart you can't say because of your ego.

he did love her and need her far far more intensely than either knew... she was a glimmer of bright clear light to him after years of darkness. so bright, she broke through his impregnable walls and got through on mango juice, ajeeb, pure sanka, and that shining goodness of hers, also that stunning beauty...

to see her anywhere near shyam... agony, insanity inducing agony.

despite that and all the name calling he indulged in... he couldn't let go.

when he said she must answer him because she is his wife, his patni. her answer was beautiful... she always told him what she thought.

"aapki patni, ajeeb baat hai, aaj tak hume yeh mehsoos nahin hua ki hum aapki patni hain. yeh rishta aap jab chahe tab accha hai aur jab aap na chahe tab iska koi matlab nahin... aapne shadi jaise pavitra rishte ko mazak banaak rakha hai."

your wife, strange thing, till date you haven't let me feel that i am your wife. whenever you lie, this relationship is good and whenever you wish it means nothing... you've made a mockery of a sacred relationship like marriage.

"sabka ktna khayal rakhti hai, the great khushi kumari gupta."

that patch there, where he mocks her about her being phoney, doing good just to be seen a certain way... his dialogue delivery just zonked me here, especially those words. i could feel the man's anger with her and yet how his own words seemed to boomerang and hurt him. almost more than it hurt her.

crazy love.

when shyam says to her, oh so arnav can hold your hand forcibly. she lets him know, that is my pati, my husband... she doesn't say, yeah, he is a lout like you.

when the ever on the phone, really weird and cutely cast even organiser says he has seen khushi singh raizada (yeah, asr calls her that and not kkg as he does during the fight) go out with her husband, asr cuts in, i am her husband. but he hetes her and this is a stoopid temporary marriage.

i am on my mano's side on the giving up of trophy issue. really, next time if they want her blood will payal give that too? in her own way, my sweet gaudiness, did ask us to examine fairly shallow ideas of being good, etc. she never was achhi bahu and yet family laued her, especially her gussa type ma in law. thanks to all creators of ipk that. mano was a person first then anything else. a thesis on thsi character alone... in a hindi soap, may be attempted and i bet it will be fun and do more for women's cause than many serious sounding ideas that lack traction.

oh the poor darling might get big big blayck circles around bootiphool eyes. i do believe payal did wrong by mano. and kkg was not right to have given up the trophy without at least once, even if brusquely, informing her nasty pati of her decision.

we all know story went haywire. but the love story, the candid and inspired exploration of an emotion, what it asks of us, where it takes us... so so beautiful, true, and always on track. despite babli, masala mama, dadi... h... there they come.

"is this love is this love is this love that i'm feelin'... "

he was ready to leave at one point. but she pulled him back. i didn't want to go close up today. one doesn't need to. it's all there. in fact, so powerful the creation of character and emotion, say asr khushi to me and i feel them right where i am. and a fight like this? well if you've had a long relationship, i am sure you have been here in your own way. they had been together hardly for any time, yet signs of long lasting pyaar in them... brilliant stuff.

Horizon thumbnail
Sorry for the spamming Indi.. didn't realize.

Yes, Vandana's efforts are utterly commendable. How she saves, finds stuff relevant to epis is amazing, inspiring..

Oh that chemistry.. the whole Bohr's theory can be reexplained for these two...no emotion felt overboard.. a perfect synchrony of body language ans expression enters the frame...i was going to say.. may be these two are ETs.. from another planet.. with perfection extraordinaire.. to be discovered centuries later...😆

I cringed at a few things Kh did.. the way she unveiled and practiced dabba service being one of them altho the intent was great.. and yes that total all pyaz talk with clients was crappy..even then i don't expect him to go below dignity.. which she does easily as her own way .. public bath coming soon...but i like your explanation for the sit ups.. that he only hinted.. and she took from there on her own.. 😊...
indi52 thumbnail
^^^

spamming? what be that, indu...

agree sit ups super strange and not his style... though naaasty he can be.

yes, they are from another planet.

niels bohr hmmm... isstudy kareka padi. 😆

public bath... killed me.