REBLAST 1 Episode 1 - 5 - Page 52

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Indi di, Indu,
That mirroring of actions by ASR & Shyam. Was that similarity shown to highlight shyam's position or how much he was valued by the raizada family? So that when the blow came, its impact was so much more. Jeejaji's special pain balm ๐Ÿ˜†Yes, shyam's creepy music did give out his evil side!๐Ÿ˜†
I'll take payaliya's jethji's music anyday๐Ÿ˜†
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
hi indu,

thanks... aw hume bhi bahut dard hota dammit if you were not around.

yeah, the initial days were well thought out and inventively created. the dialogues were certainly layered with a style of story telling in mind. i was kidding about hitesh k forgetting, though at times i used to wonder because the repeats hap[pened with such regualarity... i still remember, khushi's amma said tum theek ho the first time, who'd have thought that would become so key to our image of asr khushi.

i found the mirroring of shyam and asr most interesting. yes, the palat. also soon after asr says he wants to lead his life his way, etc., we have shyam telling kkg similar stuff.

of course the fact that both fell for the same girl and in a few instances were shown thinking of her or looking at her at the same time..

the shastra spewer and the atheist, both young and men with ambition, willing to go to any extent to get what they want, clever... but one is dross, the other pure gold... and the device of using the same things to show their antithetical natures.. rather nice.

these were good story tellers, excited by what they were saying, delighted all their actors carried the tale so well...

oh i am glad i am watching yet again.
indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: kizh72

Indi di, Indu,

That mirroring of actions by ASR & Shyam. Was that similarity shown to highlight shyam's position or how much he was valued by the raizada family? So that when the blow came, its impact was so much more. Jeejaji's special pain balm ๐Ÿ˜†Yes, shyam's creepy music did give out his evil side!๐Ÿ˜†
I'll take payaliya's jethji's music anyday๐Ÿ˜†

kizh,

that could be the case. but to establish shyam's position, they could have used the relationship he has cultivated with everyone and the very fact he is damad gives him a special place. i felt there was a reason they mirrored the protagonist and the antagonist... it had a twist in its very conception. and a nice touch there, you'll think hero is baddie, you'll think baddie is achha ladka, then you'll realise your folly... then you'll watch them saying and doing similar things and yet know how vastly different they are, brings a certain traction to the telling of story, i guess... neat crafting.

also a beautiful way to reveal character... throw the same thing at the two, and see what each one does with it.

payaliya's jeth ji has just given me heart ache and attack at once. episodes 219/220.

i wish abhas hadn't put on so much weight and become flat in his portrayal... he was so good when it alls started... just rightly slimy and creepy.

Edited by indi52 - 8 years ago
kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

kizh,

that could be the case. but to establish shyam's position, they could have used the relationship he has cultivated with everyone and the very fact he is damad gives him a special place. i felt there was a reason they mirrored the protagonist and the antagonist... it had a twist in its very conception. and a nice touch there, you'll think hero is baddie, you'll think baddie is achha ladka, then you'll realise your folly... then you'll watch them saying and doing similar things and yet know how vastly different they are, brings a certain traction to the telling of story, i guess... neat crafting.

also a beautiful way to reveal character... throw the same thing at the two, and see what each one does with it.

payaliya's jeth ji has just given me heart ache and attack at once. episodes 219/220.

i wish abhas hadn't put on so much weight and become flat in his portrayal... he was so good when it alls started... just rightly slimy and creepy.

I get what you're saying indi di. I felt in the beginning there was this feeling that asr and akash also sort of looked upto shyam, that peeping out from behind newspapers to watch shyam manaofying Anjali๐Ÿ˜† But yes, we felt the baddie was the nice guy (he did come across as the nice one) and the good guy as the baddie, who was absolutely not politically correct๐Ÿ˜†
Jethji gave me a heart attack, watching the first few minutes of episode 162.
Tum seh nahi paogi, yes no seh paoging this one๐Ÿ˜†
indi52 thumbnail
^^^

ha ha ha, kizh, kaisan heart attack?

that newspaper scene was too cute and jija ji was carrying his beloved ranisahiba, yeah, doing what asr does best. and yes, that element of jeth ji and akash both looking up to jija ji was there. this mirror thingie was quite a clever device i thought. made me want to write a script.

i can never understand how asr never suspected anything. yet in a way i do. he loved di, so i guess when he saw this man made di happy, he was so delighted and even grateful, that sort of took over everything. he didn't notice anything, actually believed shyam's work took him away for days. and since he wanted di to stay with him, he never saw the need to rationally enquire why dear jija could never get around to renting or making a home of their own.

this over the top emotional jeth ji, how not to fall for him. i loved the way his character was read by writers and explored by barun. so finely traced... and barun read his key trait: sensitivity, so so well. a bright man with a fearless mind and a sensitive core... pillejh may i habhing some mores.

indi52 thumbnail
^^

hi kizh,

i just edited that post above... realised i was talking about something else. yeah... the mirroring had many uses, you're right.

and where exactly is this payaliya's jeth ji...
kizh72 thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

^^

hi kizh,

i just edited that post above... realised i was talking about something else. yeah... the mirroring had many uses, you're right.

and where exactly is this payaliya's jeth ji...

His di was his weakness, the focal point of his life, which made him overlook many things, including his jeeja's activities. And yes, like you had mentioned shyam was not that flat character he later became. You felt there was more to him. I watched the guesthouse episodes the other day, and I think it is 29, where Anjali is on the phone with shyam and telling him about chottey's and nani's fight and how only he could talk some sense in to them. And shyam was busy fretting over khushiji and poor chottey was also in a tizzy over her! Hayee re
And yes where is payaliya's jethji๐Ÿ˜†
Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
So true Indi, Kizh ,

the mirroring of their characters was very interesting...yes indi with their very different cores how their arrived at contrasting actions/ ends..it seems Shyam reflected exactly the asli duniya asr hated filled with fake stars, flowers and smiles...and saale saab's success at very young age must have inspired jeejaji to attain the same heights.. ofcourse but not in a very straight route...

I guess it is around guest house that their similarities sort of disengaged.. with, as I said the currents between these two reaching unattainable levels..:)..that everything/one around almost felt a shadow... or a cloud that carried the lightening electricity of these two..that there was an almost parallel love story brewing .. that there was this hero's (oh yeah, he is firmly established as hero by then:)) sister's marriage in shambles...or I could be super shallow!

Yes Kizh Shyam was firmly established the damad with irrefutable respect and say in Raizada house.. he took very personal care of everyone... yes he is at the center of MOU between naniji and saalesaab about Lavanya.. Surely all helped noone really doubting him for duplicity.. except our dear mamiji.. "second set up hai kya"..:)
indi52 thumbnail
^^^

hi indu, kizh...

teehee, my sweet mano...

sharp as a tack. "second set up hai kya?" did she say that, indu... ๐Ÿ˜† oh i love these dialogues. i was looking for 1722 the other day. yeah, pretty early on, she, while lauing damad ji was not happy at all about the long absences and thought of the most plausible (to her) scenario with mama ji fretting... he even yells at her... but she is not to be dissuaded. writers used mami so well and utkarsha made sure she never faltered in creating a character... campy or not.

asr overlooked many things because di's happiness was possibly the most precious thing to him in the whole universe. the only glimpse of that dil of his... and what a glimpse it was... aaargh, first episode, when he sees his di.. then walks over to help her. barun is a lean man, yet he manages to convey humongous protectiveness so gorgeously.

29... yes, somewhere in the guest house episodes, shyam asr both madly worried about kkg.

these things about the writing that felt so fine so different.
indi52 thumbnail
episode 219

i must admit i did not get this episode at all. from the simplest things like, why was anjali smiling so brilliantly while asking hari prakash to change the bedsheets.

to the most complex one... why sethi brothers. at.all.

ipk always had a sense of flow of a continuing story about it. since dilli mein bali it's started getting an episodic feel... as if there is no story line, instead a series of little dramas that are either a waiting time before we get to something more substantial or a desperate period where writers are going haywire wondering what next in the abiding love story of khushi and asr.

whatever it was, there was lots of beauty in dilli mein bali and the heer ranjha episodes. sethi brothers came and went like that just in the middle of it... couldn't fathom why.

no, i am not too good at the lip and mind reading which khushi is adept at we are being told.

actually, why did we need to know this? wasn't this whole thing a bit too cutesy for ipk? and asr would sit through a meeting like that while kkg spoke of her dabba service and aloo tamatar and that too utter gibberish? (i feel like breaking into manorama moves at that, so wild is the proposition.)

and why would khushi do such a thing? okay, she understood these guys were cheats, though how asr would even begin to have a supremely important meeting with someone without checking them out is consternation giving. he sits with his laptop (practically engaged to it as khushi has smartly pointed out) all the time. there is a thing called google. surely he searches people, esp new ones, and finds out all he needs to before meeting them? suddenly the shatir one is totally clueless.

also since asr can't talk... shouldn't akash have been there?

but as i mentioned, why would khushi do this? so there was no time to tell him. but must she say all that she did to manage the situation? everything felt forced. and the most annoying thing... khushi came across as smug and really silly. she is neither. she owns pure sanka. i miss that.

the humongous fun we had during khushi's ruining of asr's meeting at shantivan with jalebi bai ring tone... just didn't get repeated here. in that story, there was cause and character in place.

here it was disjointed, almost ludicrous.

three stories went helter skelter toward their goals (i had no idea what sethis were about but yeah, mami fancy dress and file search were headed to heer ranjha and kidnap).

the asr kkg story was obviously on a detour, a little bit stuck in the ditch on the way... minus pakora, though dilli mein bali and heer ranjha had some hot sweet deadly jalebis in them.

mami got ready to take part in the suddenly thought up fancy dress competition with payal. she never fails to amuse me. a complete nut case. i wish though poor nani didn't have to get into that bizarre outfit to convince her bahurani. the tackiness factor of ipk seems to be on the rise.

and shyam. more perplexed than di was i at his frenetic behaviour. also this larger unkempt shyam is so not shyam at all. he is a precise dresser, he grooms to chikna, he wants to always project good guy... what happened? suddenly, just because saaley saab has not deposited money in the joint account once, he is totally losing his sense of caution, his inherent guile, just to find a file? he is happily opening asr's cupboard, unlocking drawers, with the door not even properly locked...

i understand story is headed somewhere and transition is on... would have liked to see poise and smart story telling instead of this.

there were certain images that looked familiar... they felt ipk. but then they became part of a strange episode...

i did enjoy the two of them in his office as usual... many memories. by the way, where are the hot women in ar's office? and how come a fashion house doesn't have even one well dressed, smart guy in its staff. i missed la, pam, sim, manju, lisa, jeff. that lisa sequence was so well done, despite low serial budget and not too fancy sets.

the sethi bros. had they been chosen well and were good actors, might have saved the episode. the people who got us lisa and jeff had a certain sensibility... an eye. sorely missed them.

this episode was telecast on thursday, 29 march 2012. i joined the forum just two days before that i notice... obviously the post marriage directionlessness, especially after holi, was getting to me. i needed a support group... a shoulder to weep on and then giggle again. so grateful i found everyone here. for that i guess i must find the what the days of ipk. mano would have said, "ebrytheeng habing reejjon, samjheo? hello hi bye bye!"