Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
episode 196

"janna chahti ho ki kyon tumhe suffer karte hue dekhna chahta hoon?!
kyonki main tumse nafrat karta hoon!"

want to know why i want to see you suffer, he roared, his voice opening out and hitting decibels that strike the eardrum, that dash against the heart.

"because i hate you!"

she looked at him horrified, another layer of incomprehension and pain invading, still no idea why this has happened. what made him do what he did. and now... now this hate. her tears gleamed.

he watched her, a letting go it seemed after the words had been said. maybe the meaning of what he'd uttered just hit him... he seemed unable to hold her gaze. he looked away.

"hum bhi aapse nafrat karte hain... jitni aap karte hain, usse se kahin zyada..."

i too hate you, she countered at last, face contorting, a force in her voice, fire and hurt combating for turf in her eyes. yes, she hated him.

"kyonki koi aapse pyaar kare aap uske layak hi nahin hai, mr arnav singh raizada. nafrat karte hain hum aapse... nafrat... kyonki aap sirf nafrat ke layak hain!"

because you are not fit to be loved by anyone, mr arnav singh raizada. i hate you... hate... because you're only fit for that.

love.
did she mention love? pyaar?

i hate you. i hate you too. an equal and absolute emotion they both had... no no, she hated him more.

they looked at each other having found their mark and slaying the opponent. there was nothing else to be said, but look at each other, just look.

the moment had to be gathered close and cherished, for within it lay a germ of a feeling that struggled to live, even as the darkness snuffed it out or tried to. and so the music trilled in, their music, their refrain... they hated each other after all, rabba vey.

an exquisite moment in a love story.
n

over the last few days emotions have been roiled and churned and played with, hysteria has been rising, there's been confrontation but no answers given, no solace or calm achieved. and now efforts are on to bring coherence through ritual and custom, almost ignoring the latent heat of the situation, maybe all this has taken things to a boiling, no annihilating, point. suddenly the senses blow, the dam bursts... and it's time to hate. for you so need to want to have to and do love.

the day was weary making, unbearable for him and her. he couldn't watch her being taunted by his aunt. he couldn't believe her mother refused to speak to her. he couldn't stay immune to her pain. maybe he couldn't take his own battering of her. he paced in his room hurting. he had hurt her more than anyone else he knew that... you mean nothing to me. he'd said. and thrown her out of their bedroom. he ached. but then came the voices, the visuals, jammed in his head a terrace's treachery.
hum sirf aapko chahte hain, khushi ji!... aap ye shadi tod kyon nahin dete?! i only want you, khushi! why don't you end this marriage?!

suffocation. he needed to get out of his waistcoat... his room. quick, angry movements, asr signatures. he needed respite from that mess of thoughts. so he sat by the poolside... but he wasn't free of his feelings... neither the longing. nor the torment.

a turmoil of images and sounds within him.
fabulously crafted storm by creatives, use of the two aspects of the medium: sound and visual, dramatically and viscerally, creating many dimensions, giving girth and structure to the madness in the mind.

khushi... in the rain the two of them... ab tum meri patni ho sirf chhay mahine ke liye, now you're my wife for only six months, it's his voice... he is putting sindoor on her as she weeps... khushi ji humari zindagi ban chuki hai! humara pagalpan, khushi has become my life, my passion, shyam is screeching... in the guest house he and khushi... aur ab hum dono ke beech mein sirf ek rukawat hai! raanisahiba! now between us there's only one hurdle! anjali! shyam again... wrapped in fairylights the girl he loves and he takes the wires off her slowly... hum sirf aapko chahte hain, khushi ji! i only want you, khushi ji, says shyam... and then that sight of shyam enfolding khushi in his arms... and khushi's voice exhorting shyam to break the marriage with anjali.

the ultimate betrayal. the girl he loves, his sister's enemy.

she has had a terrible day. tired and bereft, she picks up her quilt and sheets, coming outside, ready to sleep on the poolside floor. by mistake she knocks against the table.

that's all it takes. he flies into a rage.

what the... her jagah mera peechha kyon kar raho ho... stop following me everywhere, he yells through violently gritted teeth. she is taken aback, she has no idea that her thoughts have not left him alone even for a minute the entire day. he is worn down by it all... his own sense of guilt perhaps along with that terrific pain thinking khushi is not ever going to be his and then the notion that she is having an affair with shyam, compounding all this his desperate bid to save his sister and this bizarre marriage. the chot in his heart is throbbing, drawing blood.

"chali jao yahan se.. just get out of here!" his voice is losing control, he is yelling.

she's angry too. it's all gone on for too long, and all the hurt from everywhere the whole day. khushi is no moper, she is a born fighter. his anger sparks hers instantly.

she flings the bed clothes onto the floor. beautiful.

if you can't stand me, why did you marry me, why did you bring me here... she hurls her questions at him. she complains to him about her mother disconnecting the call. something terribly touching there, as if he is the only one she can bring her broken heartedness to, she wants to... because after all it's all his fault.

anjali ji, nani ji sab humse naraaz hain... sirf aapk vajah se. anjali ji, nani ji, everyone is angry with me, just because of you, she shouts back.

and so, whatever i feel like doing, i'll do... bravo. this is beginning to sound like a rollicking fight, between lovers, between husband and wife, between life partners.

i'll shout if i want to... and you can't stop me.

she pushes him, she prods... he must be happy to see her so unhappy, happy that she has lost all her ties, she's again orphaned.

she shoves him and reflexively he grabs her arms. both are hurtling in a space within, driven by insane pain.

and he yells, yes, happy, he is happy to see her in the state, because he has done all this to watch her suffer... because he hates her.

the opposite of love isn't hate. it's indifference.

and when the environment is not one where love can be expressed, what will keep it alive, burning, inflamed, central. why, hate, of course.
"nafrat paas aane na de, mohabbat door jaane na de" at last we come to the premise with which ipk started... just that things have gotten more complex, nafrat it is now that keeps them close, holding the fort for mohabbat.

she walked away, her anger still raw. he lost it and took it out on objects all around. such a human real sequence. another kind of love making on the poolside. broke my heart though. and no one was really acting, were they. i am still thinking of how her hair blew a bit as rabba vey came in. it should have looked corny, it didn't. touched the heart, emphasised the beauty of the moment.

the other wonderful thing was khushi's angry chat with dm. this is her friend, her confidante, her mentor, how could she stand and watch as a rakshas came and dragged her off to a temple. aapne aisa hone kaise diya! khushi demands of her deity. in the best tradition of personal god, the idea of ishta devata, devi maiyya is khushi's own connection to divinity... her loving trusting clean heart connects to dm... in another scenario, dm would probably be her imaginary friend, a hobbes.

i am weary (and wary) of religion being dragged into stories just to generate trp, also of all tv heroines habitually having to have a personal deity... heroes rarely do, ours of course is an atheist. why must girls constantly be seen relating with god? otherwise what? we are not good, not wife material, not achhi ladki? usually all the mutterings of kanha ji and ganpati ji and shiv ji, set my teeth on edge, but sanaya's khushi did a marvelous thing with dm. she made their interaction natural, khushi like, no good girl doses here, thankfully. and with that khushi let us know exactly how terribly important this relationship was for her...for her very survival in fact, her sense of well being.

but now she's mad at dm. the young orphan girl, who will she be angry with? that rakshas she's married to, of course, but also devi maiyya... so she will not be talking to her or giving her prashad, she will find a new friend in fact. so there.

always enjoyed the fact that khushi was no doormat. and when she spoke of how she took a cue from dm's smile, deciding that was the way to be... to face all life's troubles with a smile, i thought... attagirl. rarely does television portray a girl like this, upbeat confident loving and spirited.

a poignant sequence without being maudlin at all... and there a gorgeous hate that makes you cry and smile.
TE]

Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Beautifully crafted write up for an equally beautiful and powerful moment indi. My most favs highlighted.. Touching edits. Confession it is.that couldn't be held back any more.. indeed a poignant moment when he said she doesn't leave him any minute always ensconced in her thoughts.. and her bewilderment at that statement/ accusation of his.. she is innocent in its very terms..you like them.. be with them.. you don't .. be away.. her life equations are so very simple.. she can't understand this complexity ..you don't like me.. then why did he bring her here in to these four walls.. her hurt pain, confusion with that man roaring at her he can't help but love..
and you are so very right, the madness of his turmoiled mind and heart brought to us beautifully.
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
episode 197

what an incredibly sexy episode.

that's what i think every time i watch the woman in a white shirt, her husband's white shirt, fine and slightly transparent, just casually pulled on over her lehenga and the man in brown suit, the man who's shirt it is, in their grey white black brown bedroom, hating each other but so close to each other, almost touching, and those feelings in their eyes. most sensuous of all, his extreme irritation with her, no not that, it's right and proper sleek silvery anger, which he's trying to hide because curious eyes watch through binocs. so he smiles, sort of nastily yet sweetly and yes, devastatingly.

she is looking slightly knocked off her equilibrium. why does the man who was screaming i hate you just the evening before, smile like that, touch her so intimately adjusting her collar, holding her hands tenderly, slipping on his mother's kangans. but most of all that smile and the nearness. she is going a bit crazy, maybe with worry, maybe with dhakdhak.

since episode 185 when he sees her on the terrace, it's been a series of grim tense episodes. if there's been beauty it's come from pain rather than joy and lightness. the air has been heavy and tense. and the evening before perhaps a climax in that ringing blasting "i hate you" and "hum bhi aapse nafrat karte hain". it's time to ease the pressure a bit, i think that's what the creatives decided. i am glad. because last episode i could sense a touch of hysteria reaching me as i watched. too much pain, it's intensity draining.

so i think this episode it was a conscious decision to signal season change. yes, they continue to be mad at each other, and the rituals also carry on, but the whole treatment is lighter. realistic i thought, even in life when there's been a lot of chaos and emotionally ripping stuff, it's almost human nature to look for and find a break. especially if you're upbeat and optimistic in general, or maybe even otherwise.

asr is looking dapper and utterly handsome in his neat brown suit. and khushi is not moping at all but grumbling about tight clothes, getting ready for mooh dikhai (i need to yell about this. what sort of weird custom is mooh dikhai, why should people come and lift your veil and see you face and say nice things and give you a gift, sort of okaying the new bride... so so tribal, but alas, ancient culture, all this stuff just goes on and on, no one says this is a pretty pointless exercise, offensive too...).

perhaps the biggest sign that we are going for a lighter day at ipk is mami in teeptaap form. mama ji in attendance, amused as hell by his wife's inquisitive soul... she must find out why someone was sleeping on the poolside having seen the bedclothes there. so while guests mill around and the rasam is about to start, mami goes hunting. of course, the whole thing is a bit forced, but the actors are strong and funky enough to pull it off.

mami in orange and bizarreness is a special delight when your heart is sore and hurting with all the nafrat pyaar of these days.

"daal ma jaroor kuchh na kuchh black hai!" something is not quite right claims mano. she has seen things, she will do inbesstigassun.

"dekho manorama, apna ee pocket books wala jasoosi upanyaas likhna bandh karo!" see, stop this pocket books style spying, says her devoted husband. deadly dialogue.

but mano not giving up, how come the bed clothes were not on the bed, not on the couch, "seeedhey poolwa ke bagal mein jaake padi!", went straight and feel on the side of the pool, she said.

smoothly came in mama ji's droll, "itna lamba naahi bolat hai, poolwa ke bagal ma... poolsiiide." no need to say in such a long thing, just say poolside.

unfazed, mami declares, "james baand ke baad humra hi toh number aawat hai." after james bond, it's my name.

"manorama baand, inbhesstgassun kareka padi!"

mami i want to kiss you. first, with that ridiculous spying with binocs bit, you bring on the nearnesses and interchange that drive me crazy.

and did you say james bond?

there was something so bondish about that woman in white shirt and suave man in brown suit sequence today. even the way it was shot, those corny cutouts, the angles, the movements and yes, the game they played, everything had a style of its own and a cool cool sexiness.

isn't there something terrifically intimate about taking a man's shirt from his cupboard and wearing it without even asking him. says something that. some part of you exercises a right over this man. i am sure she wouldn't even take anjali's saree without asking her. but when the blouse tears, and she decides she will not talk to dm but find her own solution, this is what she sees as the simplest solution. get a needle and thread from hp and sew... but what should she wear then? why, that khadoos laad governor's white shirt of course.

all through, that khushi lightness and her nutty music.

sanaya looked gorgeous i thought, especially after all the heavy clothes of the past few days... and of course khushi unwittingly about her intimacy with him deep inside.

the set up was a bit contrived. clearly creatives knew the concept of a woman looking hot in a man's shirt and wanted to device a highly charged arnav khushi sequence making the most of the famous barun sanaya chemistry. now that they were married, tv and audiences would allow a bit more closeness. besides, everybody needed a respite and a happy round of palpitations. since a straight forward "love scene" was not possible, necessity became the mother of lovely invention.

he came irate to the room to give her the kangans. she knew he wouldn't be pleased at the sight of her in his shirt, she ran and hid behind the curtain, only sanaya can look so cute funny and alluring doing that. in "what the" frame of mind, he came to her, all set to explode. he looked up and there by the sidiya of the poolwa mami stood with her snooping glasses. he had overheard her earlier and knew he had to do something to convince his aunt all was well. so started the charade.

sigh. that adjusting of expression, that change to lopsided grin from puckered for "what the f" lips, eyes softening, body relaxing... and in contrast khushi getting more and more perplexed, even terrified. now what's with the laad gov.

and lover boy says, "aaj yehi pehenna hai kya?" planning to wear this today? husky voice with a smile. he is mad at her. killer brown smile, she is huh!

she quakes, shaking her head fearfully.

smirk.

"tumhe toh shirt pehenne bhi nahin aati," you don't even know how to wear a shirt. oh hell, i can't focus.

he leans in to do up the shirt. those lines, that closeness, how come mami ji isn't going up in flames, imagine seeing all this up close.

"ab theek hai," gentle sweet man.

his woman gawks.

and trademark "come!", then most lovingly, a kangan is held up. that shot of her through the looking glass, sitting and drawing away and him before her at her feet coming closer, has done me in.

"yeh tumhare liye hai..." this is for you, husky grainy voice.

sanaya said nothing throughout the segment, her voice was in a mess, so i guess writers had to find ways to cut down khushi talk. they found a great way and sanaya carried it off wonderfully. in fact, she hardly said anything the entire episode.

tender preparation to get the kangan on, and he sees the torn shirt cuff.

"tum kitni pagal ho..." he says almost pleasantly after eyes record a high blip of rage. he is angry as hell. i am thinking it isn't easy to do this counterpoint kind of thing, can get quite forced... but here it's just smooth and supremely, to repeat that word, sexy.

"tumne.." gritted teeth, "tumne meri shirt phaar di?" you've torn my shirt?

man has feelings for his white shirts. woman is horrified, the end is nigh. she takes the cuff with the lipstick stain and starts rubbing it furiously, remember the kitchen scene way back? wiping asr's shirt sleeve with a dirty duster?

"koi baat nahin," doesn't matter, says he.

huh?!!

he makes her wear the kangans. then softly, "ab tak naraaz ho mujhse... main promise karta hoon aaj raat tumhare saath poolside pe taare gintey hue bitaaonga!"

still angry with me? i promise tonight i'll sit on the poolside with you and count stars.

"okay?" soft.. oh soft... whispered almost.

khushi is mystified and scared. mami however is smarter than many give her credit for. and she and her arnow bitwa have a vibe anyway, she knows something is amiss, this is just not him.

i enjoyed that chicane by writers. a sense of intelligent writing all the time. who can blame us for missing this later.

the next scene was equally hot. there was possession in it... thrilling possessiveness. maybe i am a bit of a cave woman in these matters, but a man staking his right over a woman he loves i do find gorgeous. the other way around too, but something primal in a man publicly owning, tethering to him with a simple "meri", mine, his mate.

my wife, meri patni. don't mess with her. though he was convinced he this marriage was in name only and to save his sister's happiness, anyone insulting khushi or making fun, he would have none of it. he didn't even accept nani's admonition later. to defend khushi's honour and place in his home, he was willing to take on anyone and would be rude again if necessary. khushi looked at him shocked when he stopped the guests from talking about her... but did he ever ask himself, why she was so important, if indeed she was a promiscuous home breaker and he hated her? why he had to jump in and roar, he knew he'd upset many people, but he just had to say it.

"enough!"

only asr can say it like that by now i know. and i am already grinning. now for some classy rudeness, not the garden variety kind.

"aur kuchh bhi bolne se pehle itna yaad rakhiyega ki jisske baare mein aap iss tarah baat kar rahe hain woh meri patni hai..." and before you say another word, remember the person you are speaking about is my wife.

meri patni. mine. somewhere she is already a part of him, and anything that belittles her, strikes in his heart too.

"aur kissi bhi raizada bahu ke baare mein iss tarah baat ho, yeh hum bilkul bardasht nahin karenge!" and we shall not tolerate anyone speaking like this about any raizada bahu.

hum... the royal pronoun, we. he never uses it. but today a bit of a shehenshah tone. also a note of patriarchy in my contemporary modern minded young man. raizada bahu... the daughter in law of the raizadas...

he is not the sort to care too much about who is bahu who is beti, etc., but some ancient thing in him seems to have been stoked by the barbs from rude guests (note, raizadas have strangely nasty and crass guests hamesha), a response from the amygdala... he is king in his castle and how dare anyone mock his consort.

grand, majestic and totally, yes, sexy... this nafrat that is mohabbat.

"khushi meri patni hai... aur iss ghar ki bahu... humne shadi ki hai, aur yeh jayez rishta hai."

khushi is my wife, he tells his family, the daughter in law of this house, we have married and this relationship is valid. i believe him and i marvel at how brilliant the acting has been all through that that really unfair forced wedding, we could touch the most sacred and sustaining emotions within it, so that we not only were okay to carry on watching, we wanted their marriage to be a true one. for me that was their wedding and yes their relationship jayez. yes, they had to work out stuff and at some point he would realise his mistake and fall apart and seek forgiveness, but that emotion in them, that surpassed all... that made everything, okay i won't say the word.

Edited by indi52 - 9 years ago
indi52 thumbnail
episode 198

the girl talks to a goat, a poignant lilt in her voice. the young man stops in his tracks on the steps and slowly turns around, comprehension dawning and with it turbulent emotion. a terribly sad feeling permeates the scene and fills the entire episode.

what is this bend in the road that khushi and arnav singh raizada have come to. was this ever even remotely envisaged, by either? had he ever meant to hurt her? had she ever thought the man was indeed a rakshas? there was a beautiful turn in their story of shut up, get out, gussa just the other day, toward baat karni hai, bas karni hai, arrr-nav ji, hmmm?, aapne humare liye chooriyan kyon kharidi? such tender moments filled with expectation, brimming with a hope for tomorrow. and then out of nowhere had come the night. and here they were.

accentuating it further, the irony of the moment. he who thought he made his destiny, stands there duped by a misunderstanding, was it an ugly game of fate? she who believed the divine would make her destiny and never let anything go awry, can't even begin to fathom why this terrible predicament has befallen her.

there was such a deep sense of sadness and the helplessness of us humans before certain circumstances.

looking lissome and lovely in her red saree, khushi tried her best to fight off gloom. she almost had payal's forgiveness in the kitchen, her sister couldn't bear to be angry with khushi after all, but there had been chaos at so many levels. if you came to terms with one, the other beckoned. now khushi sat in her bedroom hugging a warm comforting body... lakshmi ji. she'd rushed up to get ready so she could go back for her pagphera with bua ji and jiji.

she asked of nani ji's pet, will jiji ever be able to forgive me?

maybe the animal knew how much khushi needed a yes to that and obliged.

at least someone is there in this house who talks to me, said a girl whose life had been turned upside down. she was tough, she'd weathered many storms and her encounter with shyam had not been exactly easy. even as she struggled to subdue that monster, she'd felt the touch of strange heartbeat raising emotions, a kiss by the poolside, a smile on a verandah, a hi in the hallway, baat karni hai, bas karni hai. and now no one it seemed wanted to speak to her. persona non grata she'd become.

in the sitting room an aunt is about to deny her niece...

"naahin, babua!" says bua ji and a man stops on his way up. asr has heard something in that voice, an ominous feeling. what's being said?

he turns back. and he hears khushi will not be taken home for her pagphere ritual. shock and pain seem to battle in him. he has told himself he feels nothing for khushi, but can he really not feel? a storm rises.

nani ji, a remarkable character really, tries to reason with bua ji. yes, everyone is upset but one must do what must be done, rise above the moment.

"naahin... ab woh humre parivaar ka hissa nahin hai!" no, says a girl's dearest aunt, she is no longer a part of the family.

asr had not thought about this at all... the repercussions of his precipitate action. how far and deep it would spread. it was not just a matter of him protecting di, something affecting only him and the girl he believed was a traitor. khushi would face consequences he'd never factored in. just as he hadn't known how much they'd affect him. his heart seemed to be shaken by that declaration by madhumati ji.

and even as he struggled with it, the cause of his roiled emotions appeared, all happy and chirpy, ready to go home. khushi... trying to battle the moment with her trademark happiness now getting harder to find. that running down the steps, almost oblivious of him, flying past, grinning, then her realisation that she has been left behind, a drooping, a flow back of despair and the return up the steps, down and out and again not almost aware of the man standing there... so so moving. he stood there feeling terrible.

much has happened on those steps, and today a pensive broken story on it.

throughout the episode, memories and flashbacks seemed to come at us. no doubt that's how the scenario and screenplay had been designed.

on the poolside, they had frolicked, almost kissed, dust had been blown out of a dazed eye. now she sat there in the corner, crying, unable to control her tears. how hard she tried to be happy, but...

he watched her from the room, getting ready, drinking coffee, he had not wanted to feel a thing for her, yet he couldn't not be affected.
all those feelings your dimaag doesn't want but your dill must feel. barun sobti took us to the heart of asr. he won't give a damn... he can't help it, he does... he calls upon his anger to drive away those tender sad feelings for that girl looking beautiful in red.. the girl he had something to say to.

thanks to di's demand, we are now in the suv with them. i have to say here i am beginning to find the presentation of anjali by both writers and daljeet pretty irksome and unconvincing. what's with the constant dead look, the whining tone and the demands, thankfully we had at least one tick off by asr earlier. i understand writers have to take story to preset points and they need a vehicle, but was this the only way? because in the bargain, a beautiful character, anjali, got messed up. anyway.

haven't we been here before, in the very suv cabin? all those gorgeous get out and shut up, the fight on janmashtami, the heartbreak on diwali, the air of growing attraction driving us mad.

today they sit tense, silent. in fact, have they spoken at all to each other till now? ever since that i hate you, barely a word exchanged, perhaps none. the tension grows. a funny pause as she'd struggled with her seatbelt... but no help.

he breaks suddenly. she falls forward, a bangle cracks or maybe more.

"get out."

she looks at him sad and shocked, then she does as he says.

he must get away, you get the feeling, or he'd erupt. it's all been too much for both of them. and he has no idea whatsoever, he needn't have done this... it's all a mistake.

he sees a piece of broken bangle of course, and a surge of memories, of feelings. a girl grinning before a mirror, happy with her bangles. he had given them to her...

a bridge to the girl, sad and forlorn on a street corner.

"dammit! kuchh ho jata toh!" he's panicking, a broken piece of bangle has cut her wrist... he must take it out... "kya aapne humare liye churiya kharidi thi..." did you buy bangles for me? "haan tumhare liye churiya maine hi kharidi thi..." yes, i bought the bangles for you.

beautiful use of the chooriyan sequence to connect them and us back to days tender sweet and optimistic.

he grips the piece tight in his fist, as he has done before... what if i lost you, he'd yelled that time. now maybe he has.

he puts the window down. "aapne humare liye chooriyan kyon kharidi?" why did you buy me the bangles, her voice floats in. he throws the broken piece of choori out vehemently.

nothing but sadness in the air... what might have been and what in reality came to be.

never once could he take his eyes off her... it got so difficult to bear, he had to get away from her. the depth and lifelike complexity of emotions always touched. the eyes spoke louder than action and they said, without either ever realising it, they'd become part of each other's lives. a hissa, that could not be denied.

kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Even though the story has started to unravel, so much in these episodes. Khushi looks lovely in that sari, her youth and innocence highlighted by it. A girl who can't stop chattering, unless she's sleeping, for whom chupi is difficult, finds herself with no one to talk to other than a goat. He didn't really realize the full extent of that decision he took did he, knee jerk reaction it was. Human nature and vagaries of it, one can't really escape, can we? She with her chatter and he and his essential silence. She brought color, sound and light into his life and he took away the fear of loneliness, I think, that which she felt embedded in silence. These two, never again, like you and Rulama were talking about!
indi52 thumbnail
hi kizh,

she really looked pretty and all kkg in that saree, non serial, normal, youthful, with specific ethic look... just what she might wear. so the tent was such a shock when it came.

yeah that silence and desperation to find someone to talk to. and no he had no idea what that act of his would lead to really. now one should not care about a tv serial as we all know and all that, but the story of kkg and asr is so well told.. look at those mixed up mix of emotions, isn't that how we are in crazy moments of life/ how we battle with what we should feel and what we do feel... as you say, story going weird yet so much there. and the two actors have done such a good job, they've become a real pair of lovers and we are ready for whatever that feeling brings on...
good to see you.
indi52 thumbnail

episode 198

asr had no idea how much she mattered to him. he was not the sort of man who had told himself tales of meeting a girl and falling in love with her for all eternity, all his life. just the opposite, in fact... and so when it happened, he couldn't even begin to fathom what was really happening. by the time he did, and was ready to tell her, everything exploded. he'd not even begun to feel the depth of his emotions, just touched them, gotten introduced.

perhaps watching her suffer, be unfairly treated, in tears, all of it had its place in this love story... they took him to the real depth and colossal nature of his emotions. they led to the battle unto death between his dil and dimaag, his heart and mind. they made the man of dimaag accept the triumph of his dil... the truth of pyaar sabse bada hota hai.

he thought he felt nothing but nafrat, yet his dil completely opposed his posturing, and he said as much later: his heart refused to listen to him. perhaps these are the times in which he will know exactly how indestructible, essential, and undeniable his feelings for her are. how he really can't live without her... and then finally let go of all doubt, anger, chhap gaya hai dimaag mein mit nahin sakta without needing or asking for any proof.

this wild situation, bizarre and chaotic, utterly unfair to the one most loved, maybe it actually made the story of love truly powerful.

maybe it had to happen, there had to be some terrible situation for him to realise. and her too... to accept, no matter what, no matter how much he hurt her, how much the nafrat grew, something in it wanted to live, had to live... she loved him, she felt his pain, even if he had done all that he had, and yes, he had been brutal... she still loved him.

sensitive writing and tremendous understanding of moment and meaning by barun and sanaya, direction looking at an emotion with a steady unflinching gaze, rarely found anywhere, certainly not in a tv serial, and always that element of sound, an editor most keen, adding dimension, not just slapping on background score or effects routinely.

just look at him, terribly perturbed and hurt on her behalf. but he hates her, right? beautiful.

indi52 thumbnail
episode 199

there were two elder sist
ers in our story and today the one least bothered with almost stole the show. "woh kya hai na, khushi yahan se gayi tab bahut dukhi thi," it's just that, khushi was very sad when she left home... it was payal speaking on the phone to her sister's husband. her own jeth ji...

because no matter how extreme or crazy her sister's actions may be or seem to be, payal couldn't love her sis less, couldn't judge her... couldn't sit unconcerned if she felt khushi was not happy. she had to act, even if it meant upsetting people, which she hated doing. now she'd made a call to khushi's husband, worried because khsuhi isn't picking up the phone and she'd left an hour ago saying she'd meet arnav ji at the temple.

at bua ji's place as everyone rejected khushi, berated her, refused to accept her apology... payal stood aching for her now acting even more sanka in her sadness pagal sister. when amma advanced threateningly toward her, payal rushed in and broke up the confrontation. managing in a way she always did... feminine, caring, sincere, ready to face the music for khushi.

deepali pansare was unfailingly so good as the sister who was quieter, calmer, but who had the greatest vibe with khushi, whose heart softened every time she looked at her slightly nutty beautiful younger sister. elder siblings often have motherlike protective instincts, payal always seemed to have that for kkg.

always jumping in to save her, not let her be misunderstood, with it's not her fault. even on the day her wedding broke. even on the day khushi's walking in with her brother in law, already married, and set up utter pandemonium.

deepali and sanaya painted a powerful image of siblings most attached to each other. physically completely unlike each other, one tall, lissome, fair, fine featured, city like; the other shorter, a little stocky, darker, with large expressive eyes but not the finest of features, more small town... they were a beautiful match on screen and they had lovely chemistry, a girl thing about them... deepali, a little younger than sanaya, playing her elder sister with aplomb, having caught the pulse of payal perfectly.

in this scene, as she spoke to asr, who grew increasingly more worried, her voice was wonderfully projected. a whole world of love concern worry fear and tenderness in it. gently handled scene, lifelike feelings.

she was used as the vehicle to bring the news of khushi's leaving home to asr... but she did it with so much heart and that slightly lost air in her voice, i had to pause and stare. ipk really was about love... all of them very very precious.

"bas khushi ka khayal rakhna..." just take care of khushi.

10:56/7

asr sits by the pool, in a foul mood, working. the tension is palpable and when he slams down the laptop cover it's not unexpected.

the phone rings... it's a call from payal...

i love the brisk way he addresses her always calling her payal. and the two of them have chemistry again. there's always that respect in each one's eyes for the other. of course, he has seen her fiery shut up get out side when he brought khushi home unconscious one night. maybe that's why he likes her? knows, the girl is tough and caring and couldn't care less who's rich or not. despite being the terror he is, funny how, he always liked women who could stand up to him...

the call ends.

i wait for it to come... and after a couple of seconds it did.

"khushi?"

soft. gentle. searching. a name mingling with his breath. he has told himself he doesn't care... but who's tell his heart.

he is instantly almost panicking, something going haywire inside.. payal has communicated worry and a state of mind... for an hour she is out, she has not called him, that's a lie she told her family. he knows she is under a lot of pressure.

he gets up swiftly.. it's clear he must go and find her.

on the night he had forced her to go with him to the temple, he was in turmoil emotionally, breaking, and as always what had stepped in to harness him had been his gussa... rage.

it always took over his mind, he stopped thinking, he acted in a state of fury. and this time the gussa had been so potent, its damage had to be great, spread wide, hit deep.

"there is nothing alive more agonized than man / of all that breathe and crawl across the earth."
~~~ homer, the iliad ~~~

agony has been clenching hearts since the terrace. it's power great, gut wrenching. two people are trying in vain to act normal when nothing is normal really. nothing.

khushi tries not to weep, but tears keep springing up. then she clutches at her defence, her gorgeous sanka, her upbeat zizz, but it doesn't come across as smooth and flowing, instead jagged and edgy it underscores pain, leaves one feeling riven. sanaya was of course wonderful finding her khushi in that terrible state. not for a moment did she become generic tragic heroine, all along khushi. the voice, the jerky movements, the expressions... all of it sanka devi, parmeswari, after an encounter with rakshas.

and here, the man who hates her is gripped by terrible feelings at the news of her disappearance. he must find her.

just then walks in his sister, giving directions, demanding stuff... while he assures her all is well, he will not do what she asks of him. he must rush. small scene, said much... typical ipk. no need always for storm and thunder to convey feelings of scale and depth.

a phone call. then a man getting edgy, worry growing.

"nahin, di, kuchh nahin hua, sab theek hai..." no, di, nothing's happened all is well.

"sach?" really?

"nahin, di, sab theek hai... in fact, main abhi khushi ko pick up karne hi jaa raha hoon!" no, di, all is fine, in fact i am just going to pick up khushi. a white lie. not really asr, but he is not quite himself...

where is khushi?

beautiful sequence again of a man frantically searching for a woman. impatient and angry in the car... near her house he walks around looking tense, talking to absolute strangers, asking if they've seen her...

"pick up the damn phone, khushi, kahan ho tum?" where are you where are you where are you, khushi... dammit damn... because i hate you...

he's losing his mind almost... "ussiki type ki jagah lag rahi hai..." looks like her kind of place he declares at one busy intersection of lakshminagar plenty little shops and people and the hum and drum of life and of course...

bangles.. chooriyan.

creatives neatly use recall as a device... layers of bangle memories, in him, in us. just now when he had brusquely dumped her close by her bangle had broken triggering a play of beautiful sparkling memories. they draw that moment right up to here, closing a loop, a feeling of reaching destination in it. he stands looking at the bangles...

a pointless conversation with the vendor... she's not been here...

does he really think she would come buying chooriyan now? he's not stupid, so maybe it;''s justs his need getting communicated here? he jst wants to see her being herself... not this person his action has turned her into. a longing within that he can't control.. for khushi to be khushi. paagal, sanka, eating chana, showing of choories... unharmed, complete, whole. maybe because when that is so, all feels right with his world? he hates her and yet when he hurts her he seems to hurt more.

"chana chana chana chana !"

"khushi ko dekha aapne?" have you seen khushi?

then the most sweet description, casually painting his girl, "patli si hai gori si, pink colour ki saree pehni hai, dekha?"

she's kind of slim and fair, wearing a saree of pink colour, seen her?

hindi has a lilt here i can't seem to translate. his girl in pink saree, whom he really does not give a damn about.

"yeh ladki mujhe pagal karke chhoregi," this girl is going to drive me mad, he says. does he even know how cockeyed that sounds? he has just made her life a living hell... yet, it's she who's driving him mad. arnav singh raizada had gotten so deeply involved without him even realising he had.. and no matter who was yelling and screaming and dragging and being the brutal one, in a fragile, young, angry with dm girl's hand lay the real power.

she was the key to his heart, his happiness.

"khushi kumari gupta, kahan ho tum dammit!" where are you, dammit, kkg. i wondered in that desperate search was there a metaphor about life. kahan ho, happiness? our search for happiness... was there a thought that one must get lost, go through hell looking for this precious thing, and if the search is fully entered and true... happiness may be found.

i am talking nonsense, but it's all these people's fault. who asked them to act so well.

she has come for "ekaant" solitude... to the temple, not to pray to her ex friend dm. a vulnerable young girl trying to find her bearings, rejected by all who love her., without whom she feels incomplete, uncertain... lekin hum aap ko ye sab nahin bataayenge, ek shabd bhi nahin. hum jaa rahe hain... but she is not going to talk to dm at all about all this, she says while saying everything... she's going to leave...

temple bell.

she must stop. it's time for aarti...

and he gets it.

"of course, i should have known..." yeah, he knows her so well, doesn't he. yet the irony of life, he doesn't know she couldn't have been a married man's lover. or any man's lover for that matter... and she could never have wanted to harm his sister.

"hello! khushi! hello" he's yelling into the phone.

there sanka intact and pretty divine, khushi assures dm she is not taking part in the aarti for dm's sake, "hum toh sirf apne liye prarthana kar rahe hain!"

ah, girl in pink saree, pray a little for your atheist lover boy to.

i remembered another man very important to her, the only person who believes in her and doesn't blithely accept that khushi has done wrong. a man unable to do anything...babu ji. shyam has managed to harm both men in her life.

"babu ji, kya aap ko humari yaad aati hai?" babu ji, do you think of me?

tears roll down a helpless father's face. this relationship is crucial... bringing him back was important. a hand is lifted and grasps hers.

"hume aap sabki bahut yaad aati hai..." i think of you a lot.

kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Can't take my eyes off...Payaliya's jetji! Hayee...😆
The edits are deadly, Indi di.
indi52 thumbnail
kizh,

payaliya's jeth ji. 😆

humka toh hello hi to bye bye hui gawa.