REBLAST 1 Episode 1 - 5 - Page 28

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: Katelyn

Some edits to share.

Dangerous! should come with all kinds of warnings there isπŸ˜†
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
kate,

totally crazy making edits. yay.

love the nadech one's too. i feel like finding out more about this kid.
Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
OK indi,

back to my groove.. La- asr-Kh story.. La is surely a pretty, sophisticated, work- minded (how she is worried at the photo shoot that the calender is not yet ready when the launch is just days away) easily fitting into a date-able girl for some one like him. but La angle was there mainly to make a clear demarcation of  his feelings (or lack there of for the former) for the two women. Although of the two, La did have feelings for him, there was no emotional dependency , how easily rather practically she was ready to move on after the bride fiasco and not willing to apologize to him for no fault of hers .. exactly reflects the reason why he chose to date her.. he doesn't want any emotional unrest becos of a girl..she perfectly fits rather fitted when they started...

enters Ms. Sanka .. the exact opposite happens..one can clearly see how he tried to get more close with La in an effort to run away from the feelings the former induces.. the reason why it never looked ugly I thought was there was no back story of ASR- La ever shown.. things were cleverly set up to root for, and only for the leads...asr-la were shown only in pieces that were relevant to ASR. Kh.. even when La was touchy/ feely with him in the office when Kh enters or rubbing the mark on his cheek post tea throwing, his hugging to bring her back, putting necklace on her.., many... were the other way around milestones in asr- Kh relationship ..one way unfortunately  La was used as a tool to progress the protagonists' story.. . but it didn't seem a foulplay as he never really stepped out of the confines of how their relationship was initially defined (perhaps)...

But La's was the character that evolved the best in the end, so is her friendship with Kh, very genuine and realistic..happens between two very transparent girls..she should have certainly come back

Shyam's was a blatant, in one's face turpitude.. but i am fine with the way he was portrayed until his revelation to Kh. afterall we are watching a prime time telly. cant expect it to be subtle all the way..

I see you mentioned about mami to kizh, for all the references made to her family background and back story, like the day of haldi nani reminding what would have happened if she stopped their wedding etc, I never thought they could get away not telling her-mamaji story.

Thanks for liking my edits Kiz, Durga, Rhea, bluemoon255, Wiwy, Indi and Bhavi! πŸ€—
Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Exquisite edits Kate...immaculate sculpting of that perfection..
indi52 thumbnail
^^^

indu,

lovely thoughts on la asr khushi. yes, she was also a convenient way of showing his diferent reactions to the two girls. i really enjoyed the first scene between them, when khushi is not really in the picture as far as he is concerned. he was all male and hot and in command, nice.

there was a sense of just three young people caught in the changing winds of life there, whether the directors/writers meant to create it or not. again i feel acting added to that.

i did feel his tenderness toward la on a couple of occasions and which had nothing to do with khushi. when he said yeah i don't care about you that's why i brought you home.. nice. and terribly touching that scene where she says what's the matter asr... you're being nice to me. oh she had a deeper thing for him and she got him pretty well.

yeah primetime serial... that we got this is some sort of miracle.

and on second viewing, the whole way shyam was handled is just irksome. but that was the structure so i won't fight it.

you are so right about the backstory of la and asr not being shown, also the way they handled the whole thing, almost always vis a vis the asr khushi equation. andw e wanted so much for asr and khushi to fall for each other after all that drama and tension, we just sort of looked away from la...

she evolved beautifully and always adds something to the viewing. ha ha she was genuinely flummoxed by the whole janmashtami stories.. and she and khsuhi had good chemistry too.
Horizon thumbnail
Indi

Yes, convenient it was for both asr- La to have a contemporary, as kizh said, at -work relationship, it worked out for them well.. he did have a thing or two for her one has to imagine otherwise he wouldn't let her get as close like he said in their very first scene...  and he did care for her a lot too like he took care of her after her drunken state..

but i do think that line about bringing her home  was an attempt to feeding his denials that he is a hot and rich guy with a live in GF and this low aukat silly girl can do nothing to him..becos  all that stemmed from Guest house, how he uttered Khushi's name inadvertently supposing to mention La , he didn't really like what was happening to him...he needed to be in control... bring his GF home.. he did..

One cannot really understand how/ why La fell for him who at best seemed to show only friendly affection...

its surely  three young people going through life and stumbling upon some expected/ unexpected things.. . perhaps two of them are too overpowering that a mould-able La couldn't fit in..the biggest victory of writers i thought resided in the fact that it never really came across as a triangle...not for a sec..

some where around when la made friends with Khushi she was right at perfection .. but then she followed Khushi verbatim regretfully... .nani's problem was not exactly her short dress  but only her lack of fundamental info on basic things like aarthi etc..but how stereotypically a girl turning " good" has to be portrayed only in desi cloths, adept in kitchen and all rituals.. alas...she could have stayed in her dresses and learnt a thing or two about every day practices.. nani would have been fine..

Could be obvious, i didn't feel much La until her graceful break up... she deserved some one who loved her... cos' he surely didn't!

Oh, i could have set off in a totally opposite tangent than what you originally intended, sorry. No the writers didn't mean it as a journey of 3 young people, becos as we know now how the epis are written just on time based on the business of the previous ones, although after 100- 130 all the three evolved  to be beautiful ...with their own equation with each other..
Edited by Horizon - 9 years ago
indi52 thumbnail
^^^

hi indu,

he he what the writers meant or didn't i really have no clue. i write only about how i read/perceive a thing.

yeah, never was it a triangle. for me, it was three young people finally and the call and pull and push of one's self that finally decides things.

asr actually dd not come up with the idea of bringing la home. he was mad at his nani who was trying to interfere he felt with his way of life. he was storming out when she fed him the idea that he was going to la's house. more in defiance than as a result of a decision, he said, yes he was...

di got into major action, jija ji stepped in. writers found a clever way around asr saying he intends to bring his gf home. i have a feeling tactically all this was done to shift the scene from office to home as sp felt for its family oriented primetime channel, the home had to be main battleground, which is what we see in all their shows anyway... you have to see enough dadi mami bua mama babuji for that feeling of "wholesome" and connection with audiences of all ages , which is why that struggle to bring in kids too...

left to himself asr would have been sending bags to la for the next thousand years and immersing himself in work, giving cool amused indulgent looks to gf and taking her out as and when he pleased... πŸ˜† no question of live in, bring hiome... he loves his space. his independence.

anyway, sp wanted home, so to the home moved everything, even the useful contrast character la.

i did however feel necessity mothered something rather lovely... enjoyed seeing a serial where a man was shown to have a girl as they say and tied to her by the contemporary norms of this relationship. made him feel real and yeah, trendy... to me.

the story of asr's and khushi's growing awareness was told by them and their thoughts... while the tale of la coming home ran parallel to it, with nani's issues and the upshot of it.

consciously, asr never connected bringing la home to him fighting off the power kkg was beginning to have over him.

i loved the post ber sarai ponder... before this he has brooded about his action after rain hug... then tried to deny to himself that he is thinking of her, worrying... after guest house. her coming and raving at him has incensed him but he took it without saying much at that point, maybe because family was all around.

then ber sarai.

first he lets his anger connect to his thoughts of her.

"aaj tak kissine mere saath itni badtameezi karne ki jurrat nahin ki, tumhari himmat kaise hui, khushi kumari gupta..."

but then in classic asr vein, he must be honest, he must ask what needs to be asked...

"kal tak main usski baaton se pareshan tha toh fir aaj usska yun chup... rahna kyun mujhse bardasht nahin ho raha..."

then an almost vulnerable, totally confused,

"kya ho gaya mujhe."

lovely, na?

yeah la was about everything he understood, khushi the opposite. clever writing and while i may not like a lot of the things the writers wrote, or find it ordinary, we know they ripped off from movies, etc., but their sussing of love and the idea of romance, i totally agree with, and salaam their insights, their ken.

very very poignant, that look at her dm as he is walking into his office and up the steps and la asks him if he likes her... and just the way she is. he pauses and says, yes, he does... if i remember right.

it's the day he will bring her home and yet, one look at something khushi and he must stop, his eyes must look, he still has no idea why. i loved that. of course, he will yell at la thinking she is khushi even as he takes her to rm, and yet not realise what is happening to him.

a constant inner conversation with khushi all the time, lovely execution of a state of mind.

ah, i don't mean to steer the chat in any direction... just thinking about these things and realising something abiding and non serialish about la asr khushi... maybe even the vibe between the actors added to it.

oh yeah, that la donning kkg's garb was weird... again the writing and the sp obsession with silly obvious signs of so called achhi ladki. but thankfully she still goes to parties (even if asr is not in the mood, yay... go ladki) and wears her sort of clothes then and really liked her saying she would give kkg la kind of clothes in return for teaching her to be this kkg ish way. nice thoughts there, both girls needed a bit of something else, as did he... to evolve and become more.

kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Indi di, Indu,
I'm so enjoying reading these chats!
Indi di, you are right, bringing la home was precipitated by that argument with nani. Otherwise don't think he would've brought her into his private space. And he likes the calm his home affords, along with happy busy family members. But I wonder, that argument with nani was also because in a sense he had started to lose grip on himself from the gota pom pom attack. If not maybe he would've had a more calmer chat with nani, di, et al.
Maybe I should be expending all this thinking on what I should really be doingπŸ˜†
aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
aah feels like home to refresh this page and see Indi52 and Horizon chatting about ASR and meaningful things, Katelyn's edits drawing away focus and likes by Kizh and others..

My two cents in a slight tangent.. I liked the fact that the creators did not show ASR as a man opposed to girls and relationship. I think in some interview one of the writers commented on this. Most serials would use his back story to portray ASR as a woman hater or no time for relationships kind of guy.

ASR was contemporary and real in that sense. It felt in character. Same way that even though he did not believe in 'bhagwan' he would do what di asked him to. Because he was never unreasonable. He just didn't like to be vulnerable in any way to emotions or fate. And as long as the relationship did not unnerve him he was in control and would have continued. He must have found admirable qualities in Lavanya, otherwise he would not be with her. She obviously was more than interested in him. 

These character traits are so specific to him and explored with so much care.. 
Edited by aarwen - 9 years ago