Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

soapbubble thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: -meera

I felt the same way especially the past two episodes. She could have at least listened to him and I can understand yelling at him once for getting her mom hurt, but she wouldn't stop. Her nok jhoks with the Mamu and Imran are funny, but she really crossed a line. Anybody could have seen that it was an accident and then to yell at him for their financial problems?

Ashnoor was really amazing in NBTNMKK, but she was much younger there. I feel she is more aware of her acting now and that is why it comes across as off sometimes.

Exactly. You have a difficult dream - going to the manager of the local tennis association is something you have to do sometime or the other, isn't it? How can she behave like this, asking "Kyun bheja aapne hamein yahaan? April fool banane ke liye hum hi mile the aapko? Aapko kya lagta hai, hamare paas Reserve Bank ka khazana hai?"

Seriously unfunny!!😲😳
Bubble
VEENAGOPAL thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Excatly you said👏👏
Really that gal should hold a bit she should hold her tongue nmainly and MAriam i want her to tell najma to be in limit

Though Imran became close she is overboarding
paljay thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Thanks for the post, I wrote in some post about Najma's OTT behavior and felt bad as I thought everyone likes her and I might make it a problem in this quiet forum.
-meera thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Maybe they are trying to show us how they have gotten so close so quickly and she feels like she can talk to him in whatever way. But you can be respectful and close to someone. You don't have to be rude and yell at them. She could have told him how grateful she was for all he has done for her in fulfilling her dream, but she won't be able to afford it. Hopefully they fix this issue.
5cents thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
My take is completely different on this.

To put it humorously...
Btw this is exactly what Imran did today. He was yelling as he was feeling helpless. It was his anger and frustration with himself that came out in the junkyard garage in front of Mariyam & Nazma.

I'm just talking abt the behavior of the character. I'm not talking about the actor and her acting skills at all.

On a serious note to some extent ...yes, Najma does cross her line and is rude with her teacher. But have you wondered why, a sensible and sensitive girl like her likes to yell, at her teacher. Najma and Imran have connected in pain. He used to shout and scold her earlier and now she is blaming him for all her problems. Najma has found a prefect punching bag in Imran.

Well, about being rude and obnoxious with an elder like Imran. Some of it is her comfort level with him. The girl has lost her father, friend and coach. Well, she got her coach back in form of Imran so she connected with him instantaneously... call it karmic connection.

So all her pent up frustrations, feelings, emotions comes out in front of him as she has found a friend, teacher , guide and a elder. Her being rude is her helplessness. She ofcourse can't blame her mom for her disappointment. Then who next? Her coach with whom she has connected in pain.

Just like this picture...A dead leaf or a beautiful smile. It is our perception.
Same way I may not be on the same page as you all as I see her shouts & yells as her helplessness and pain which gets conveyed to Imran...just my 5cents

Sadhana_pr thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
^^Thats a very interesting perspective. And a good observation too!

It makes sense to me that its her frustration which come out in these outbursts and the familiarity with Imran gives her an outlet. And of course Imran does not take offence as he still wants to help her in spite of herself😆.

But this does not explain all her interactions with him. Yes, she saw him outside the tennis club and could not hide her disappointment. That can be perceived as a helpless venting out. But there are many instances where she is just plain and simple RUDE. The paper plane one where she yelled at both Imran and Altaf. Frustration that she couldn't protect her mother??! I might generously extend it to perhaps worry about her mother. However, whatever be the adverse circumstance, if the first thing which comes out of your mouth are words dripping with anger, hate, blame, aggression then IMHO you need correction. Irrespective of the what, who and why.

Anyways thanks to your post I was able to see it from a different perspective. Also I realise that she is so oppressed otherwise-can hardly mutter in front of the Younis who imposes himself upon her quite insensitively that this is the only time her vocal cords get activated and she lets go of herself😆.

And yes, my grievances are a bit less now as the Cvs seem to be mending ways-she did tell Imran not to blame himself for obstacles as without him there would have been no road in the first place. I thought she was a bit toned down as well but then she opened her mouth! Her saying 'look we found a place, if left to you losers(ok. my addition😆) nothing would have been solved' to someone who was wallowing in guilt for the exact same reason. She said it as a joke, a nonchalant comment. And then I realised its just that her sense of humour is a bit misplaced which makes her seem insensitive. Not a big worry. She is a kid and will come around well I am sure😊.
Edited by Sadhana_pr - 9 years ago
soapbubble thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: 5cents

My take is completely different on this.

To put it humorously...
Btw this is exactly what Imran did today. He was yelling as he was feeling helpless. It was his anger and frustration with himself that came out in the junkyard garage in front of Mariyam & Nazma.

I'm just talking abt the behavior of the character. I'm not talking about the actor and her acting skills at all.

On a serious note to some extent ...yes, Najma does cross her line and is rude with her teacher. But have you wondered why, a sensible and sensitive girl like her likes to yell, at her teacher. Najma and Imran have connected in pain. He used to shout and scold her earlier and now she is blaming him for all her problems. Najma has found a prefect punching bag in Imran.

Well, about being rude and obnoxious with an elder like Imran. Some of it is her comfort level with him. The girl has lost her father, friend and coach. Well, she got her coach back in form of Imran so she connected with him instantaneously... call it karmic connection.

So all her pent up frustrations, feelings, emotions comes out in front of him as she has found a friend, teacher , guide and a elder. Her being rude is her helplessness. She ofcourse can't blame her mom for her disappointment. Then who next? Her coach with whom she has connected in pain.

Just like this picture...A dead leaf or a beautiful smile. It is our perception.
Same way I may not be on the same page as you all as I see her shouts & yells as her helplessness and pain which gets conveyed to Imran...just my 5cents

Yes, there is no doubt that Najma feels that she has the 'haq' to talk to Imran and Mamu like that. Also she is so oppressed in the house, it can be argued that she has to explode somehow somewhere.

But I am not comfortable with 1) her using Imran and Mamu as a punching bag, 2) being ungrateful when people have gone out of their way to smooth the road for her.

I guess it's just a matter of getting the balance right - keeping Najma lovable for the viewer instead of irritating.
Bubble
CatcherInTheRye thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
lack of time...wud not b able to say more...but just one word...
i second u Bubble..:p
KhatamKahani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I complained about this from very early on.
Imo, when you start giving leeway and finding it cute or excused early on, it leads to...this.
Moumimon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I 2nd you dear...Najma need to hold by herself or by Marium indeed...